[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong? Was it the chin all along?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: 3d06da36f6bayley.jpg (31KB, 600x596px) Image search: [Google]
3d06da36f6bayley.jpg
31KB, 600x596px
What went wrong? Was it the chin all along?
>>
>>3046867

Instead of playing to her strengths and hiding her weaknesses, they buried her upside, hung her out to dry exposing her flaws, and booked her in such a way that ruined what would have been her triumphant moments.

She was probably going to win the title at SummerSlam which is unfortunate for her.
>>
female Eugene isn't that great of a gimmick
>>
Her gimmick is that she watched wrestling as a kid. What a LOSER.
>>
>>3046867
>It's Vince/booking fault!

https://streamable.com/efol
>>
Vince trying to book a Babyface is what went wrong. Jason Jordan, Roman, Bayley are all his current flops.
>>
>>3046867
She left that heavily edited and tweaked environment of NXT and buckled under the pressure of live TV and Vince saw how shit she really is.
>>
>>3046867
WWE did everything they could to make her look as weak and pathetic as possible. People aren't going to support such a worthless loser.
>>
>>3046970
>he thinks nxt is 'heavily' edited
el oh el. not once has a shred of proof ever been provided to back up this horseshit myth. they rarely reshoot anything
>>
>>3046867
Is it just me or does she look like Jay Leno?
>>
She's just not that good

Her moveset is terrible, she can't cut promos to the point where its basically her gimmick, her entrance is more over than she is, and she seems to have given up.

They need to write her off til survivor series and reboot her on smack and see if she's salvageable
>>
>>3046867

Bayley on NXT: somewhat naive wrestling fan with the heart of a fighter

Bayley on RAW: brain dead autistic woman child that is an insult to every WWE fan

I wonder, where it went wrong...
>>
Heard she got booed again last night? True?

And if so, what triggered it? Or was she just booed as soon as she came out?
>>
>>3048743
She gets "Roman booed" now. They boo her as soon as they see her or hear her name just for the heck of it.
>>
>>3048747
OUCH. I can't imagine what's going thru her mind rn.
>>
>>3048794
>booty shorts
>not a thong

if youre gonna turn her, turn her brother
>>
>>3048812
fucking pg product
booty shorts are as far as it goes now
>>
>>3048695
Literally the first joke people make about her appearance you newfaggot
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>3048812
>giving the marks what they want on free tv
first you need to tease the thong. let them know its there. have her show off the band like lita used to do. make the marks want want it.
>>
>>3048824
>>
File: Bayley Chin.jpg (2MB, 2200x3375px) Image search: [Google]
Bayley Chin.jpg
2MB, 2200x3375px
>>3046867
Yes look at her fucking chin
>>
>>3048812
>Not a thong

Need someone to constantly be behind her holding her ass cheeks open. Go all the way brother
>>
>>3048822
WORKED
>>
>>3046867

I'm on a bunch of adderall rn and I didn't mean to write this long a response so I have to break it up lmao. hugs not drugs

she's been in WWE for 4 years and hasn't made a lot of improvement in the "entertainment" half of "sports-entertainment", and has actually admitted this herself, which probably tells Vince that she knows exactly how bad she is and that she's complacent with it

people got so caught up in the NXT hype they forgot that wrestling is the appeal of NXT, whereas casuals watch Raw and SmackDown to be sports-entertained

in NXT her story was her going from star-struck fangirl to the face of the women's division, a story arc that was easy to follow and impossible not to relate with

in WWE her character is inconsistent, she goes from being able to beat Charlotte clean on Raw, to not being able to win a match as champion without interference and losing clean to people she had beaten before. How are you supposed to cheer for her literally admitting she was a fluke champion a week after having won the title?
>>
>>3049067

WWE seems to forget that booking people to look like losers makes them look like losers. the Daniel Bryan formula only worked with him because he was over in spite of the booking; everybody knew he deserved better. with Bayley, she'll lose clean a whole bunch of times but that's okay because she tried her best?

if you have a match like hers with Sasha in Brooklyn to your credit while in NXT, you're already overrated before you even debut on Raw because if you're being held to that standard, everything you do will be compared to that, and nothing you can do will compare to that.

her feud with Alexa Bliss took everything you're supposed to like Bayley for and destroyed it, she made fun of her personality and likened her to a little girl, she took the fact that Bayley was a fan growing up and called her a loser for it, and she kept telling Bayley that she didn't have it in her to be extreme, so the story plays out with Bayley finding her mean-streak, because she had no other choice, right? no, she gets trashed in 5:40 and you're dumb for cheering her. hell, she even got half of the crowd booing her at Extreme Rules, because Bayley looked like the stupidest motherfucker alive in that feud, and she still hasn't recovered from that
>>
>>3049082
>WWE seems to forget that booking people to look like losers makes them look like losers.

It was even worse. At the beginning she was winning almost all the time. Then she became champion and broke Charlotte's stupid streak with dusty finishes, had one normal victory on Mania and then already started to lose like she was the biggest idiot around.

Pretty much everything was wrong. Even having her just defend at Mania made no sense. Either have her win the title there in the first place or have her lose after a long fight to a cheating Charlotte or have Sasha turn on her at Mania, take the title away and start the new program while Charlotte moves to SD.

Pretty much every booking decision with Bayley was wrong.
>>
>>3049082
in the current era where it isn't so much as cheer the good guy and boo the bad guy, rather cheer for the guy you like, Bayley is just an unlikeable good guy, because everyone she feuds with automatically looks cooler than her in comparison.

sure, she moves a lot of shirts, but there are a lot more neckbeards in Hugger merch than kids, she's basically the MLP of wrestling

there's fault on all sides, hers for knowing what she needs to improve on and either not being able to or not wanting to get better, WWE's for not knowing how to have faces that people actually want to root for, and NXT's fault for having her set the bar too high for herself too early on in her career. if the first thing you did is the best thing you did, it's all downhill from there
>>
>>3049098
yeah, she's the perfect example of why the show being written on a week-to-week basis is terrible because instead of building to something, things just happen for no other reason than "moments". i'm almost positive the decision to have her break Charlotte's PPV streak was probably made a day or two before the fact, because there was no reason for that to happen on a throwaway card
>>
>>3049145
Apparently they didn't want Charlotte to reach a 16 streak because of Ric's 16 titles or some BS.

I mean they couldn't add up the numbers months in advance, because they didn't know how many PPVs there would be?

Vince just plans pretty much nothing and decides shit on the spot, like Tozawa's pointless championship win or countless finishes changed hours or minutes before the match...sometimes even during the match.

Compare that with something like the G1 and how long standing plans at NJPW often are. You may not like the wrestling or whatever, but at least the booking for the top guys always makes sense without being predictable.
>>
>>3048794
Her ring work is definitely not mediocre. Mediocre doesn't produce a 4+ star match
>>
>>3046970
I think there's truth to this, there's a lot of "protections" in NXT that is not there in the main roster. She literally had a plant fan for her on every TV taping show she at.

>In NXT you have a trainer/coach to work with you for a big match, and you can put all your focus into that.
>You are not on TV every week on NXT, your character stays fresh.
>NXT loser fans chant for shitty characters to be "supportive" it flops in larger audiences.
>>
>>3049224
The truth that a lot of people ignore is:

1st the wrestlers don't make their gimmick, they are generally given one or are at least told how to do their gimmick

2nd Her main roster gimmick was actually different from her NXT gimmick, which was the main problem. To say that the NXT gimmick didn't work on the main roster, misses the point.
>>
File: what.jpg (51KB, 589x460px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
51KB, 589x460px
>tfw Bayley becomes an alcoholic and an heroes because of the fans
I don't really care actually
>>
>>3049067
>>3049082
>>3049098
>>3049119
>>3049190
Anon, you clearly went too hard with the drugs
>>
it's a problem with NXT as a whole. If being in NXT is supposed to be "developmental", they sure do seem like they want it to stand apart from Raw/SD. what I mean by that is, there's a whole lot of "this is how we do things in NXT" and not so much "this is how you're gonna have to do things when you get called up". It's damaging to a lot of careers because Triple H wants so badly for it to be the "third brand" that people will get used to the NXT way instead of being prepared for the main roster, and if you weren't prepared for it, the what the fuck were you doing in NXT for three years?
>>
File: tumblr_o9fu28A64M1urt7x7o1_540.jpg (107KB, 540x806px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9fu28A64M1urt7x7o1_540.jpg
107KB, 540x806px
>>3049267
you're right lmao but >>3049098 and >>3049190 weren't me
>>
>>3046924
Do you think, in Vince's mind, she's retarded?
>>
>>3049405
she does sometimes come across as a kid in a 28 year old woman's body, so I wouldn't doubt it
>>
It's a shame because Bayley actually developed into a likable character. The whole alexa-bayley feud shouldn't have happened. I still believe that since she has natural charisma, and by spades, maybe she can be saved.
>>
>>3046927
the best thing they did with her was the this is your life thing where her old friends came out and buried her for watching raw

like damn they didn't think about that one for five seconds
>>
>>3048729
So she has had the same gimmick for years. Why is she so shit at selling it?
>>
>her entrance is more over than she is

This applies to most of the roster.
>>
>>3046867

>wwe booking

I dont give a shit about bayley but as wwe is now, they can't book two feuds at a time and the shit with brock, braun and the others took that one spot
>>
>>3046867
>What went wrong?
Vince trying to book a babyface post AE is what went wrong. She's practically the poster child for "how did you manage to fuck this up?"

Roman is another good example. Both should be top faces loved by most. But thanks to LOL WWE booking they get booed out the building. Sad.
>>
>>3046867
>spend four years with dusty rhodes learning how to do promos
>still can't cut a promo
>so bad that your are clowned on by lita

Cutting a promo is important for a wrestler, Ellesworth turned his "two hands" promo before the Strowman squash into a career.
>>
>>3048729
is like Classic Simpsons episodes vs New ones
>>
Don't fall for the booking meme, Bayley's just shit.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.