[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WWE is missing cool sequences and fast-paced action. Half the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: jhon.png (199KB, 1134x321px) Image search: [Google]
jhon.png
199KB, 1134x321px
WWE is missing cool sequences and fast-paced action. Half the matches on the SummerSlam card felt like a bunch of punches and rest holds. Nothing seems to really connect any of the spots together, which just leaves the middle of the match feeling slow and empty.
>>
The business needs to learn from the last 2 Lesnar/Goldberg matches. You can do a lot more with a lot less. How anyone can argue that the fucking KO/Styles match was more enjoyable compared to either of the sub-5 minute Lesnar/Goldberg matches is beyond me.

NJPW is an exception, as their matches tend to be pretty fast and hard hitting. But even then, the average New Japan match still has rest holds, arm drags, and other pointless wrestling cliches that have to be there just because it's a wrestling match.

Having a 20 minute match be 100% enthralling for all 20 minutes is pretty much impossible. Usually you end up with 15 minutes of monotony overall with 5 minutes total of hype ass shit. Why not cut the 15 minutes of boring, make it all hype, and rake in the casuals who have gotten bored of "muh technical mat wrestling."
>>
>>3040420
they should definitely do this for tv matches, and really it's what they used to do on PPVs until the mid 90s save for a main event match going 15
>>
>>3040359
Of all the many things WWE is missing that's one of the least.
>>
>>3040471

My belief is that if WWE went the format of UFC and boxing where competitors are matched first, and then have promos leading to their fight (similar to the Brock/Randy story last year, where the match was booked and then the guys feuded), and on top of that, ditched Raw and Smackdown and only did "WWE on FOX" style "PPVs" with exhibition style matches, business would improve drastically.

No one has time for the carny ass convention of 5 hours of weekly TV building to a monthly PPV.

But they'd never try it, since "MUH LONGEST EPISODIC TELEVISION SHOW OF ALL TIME."

The day Raw is cancelled is the day WWE is saved. So much TV means we see everything that everyone can do within 3 months of their debut.
>>
>>3040512
They are traveling circus with clowns and acrobats and strongmen. You cant take away their TV, cause that's where they make their money. It is right now literally their main revenue stream, not sold tickets. That's the reason you have the shows.
Their PPVs are on network people are paying monthly sub fee for, they only need to give them something each months, so they keep on subscribing (one of the reasons for branded PPVs), they are not selling you a show once a month for 60 dollars, they are selling you month full of stuff for 10 dollars, so you won't be thinking about cancelling and it is not too much so you don't really twice about keeping it subbed or not.
The only thing right now that can "save" WWE (and I don't think it needs saving) is really someone becoming a star. If just Vince McMahon wasn't so averse to the idea of being dependent on one person and not on a brand to draw a crowd.
If a time comes when people will buy tickets or network sub because they want to see "insert person name" and not to "see wrestling/WWE", it will possibly make new boom period. That almost happened with Daniel Bryan. But he was too broken at that time already.
>>
>>3040420
Lesnar vs Goldberg was MOTY

I bet most fans who are not weebs and over 300 pounds would agree
>>
>>3040559
Cena v Styles was better, but Brock v Goldberg is my second favorite main roster match.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.