[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trip to Japan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8

How did I do boys? This was the second year in a jow that I've flown to Japan to catch the final nights of the G1. Met a couple cool guys, shutouts to Eric and Harry. Maybe went a little bit crazy on the merch but hey, I've got the disposable income so why not? Kenny T-shirt and towel are from last year, kinda cheating but makes the pic look more impressive. Hello Kitty T-shirt is my wife's. The big cushion was a free gift they gave you for buying tickets in the lower bowl area of Sumo Hall.

What a show! The main events all delivered. There were some surprisingly good tag matches in the mix. SHIBATA! His return might've been the most moving and emotional pop I've ever heard. The cute Japanese girl sitting next to me started crying. She later screamed so hard for Kenny she lost her voice. Overall it was an excellent trip. If New Japan stays hot I'd love to come back next year. Happy to answer any questions you guys might have about buying tickets or travelling to Japan. Cheers!
>>
anon where is your Okada merch?
>>
>>3017696
take a trip to the gym
>>
>>3017699
/thread
>>
>>3017696
What are flight tickets like for round trip and what is your experience with overnight accommodations over there? Tips for getting either cheap?
>>
File: bc merch.png (2MB, 1024x673px) Image search: [Google]
bc merch.png
2MB, 1024x673px
Fuck yeah, good job, OP. You're doing God's work by supporting the company financially and purchasing some cool merch. Us NJPWChads as well as the company certainly appreciate the good work. You're contributing to a RECORD REVENUE year for the company, most likely the most profitable year in the company's history and on behalf of all of /asp/, we appreciate what you've done for the overall health of the business.
>>
>>3017696

Jealous you got the Hello Kitty x NJPW shirt anon, I was gonna grab that one when I was in Japan in October last year, but I got the Halloween one instead.
>>
I'm going to attend Wrestle Kingdom next year. Can't wait to see Ibushi vs Omega and Naito vs Okada
>>
G1 scarf is top
>>
>>3017699
Keep in mind Japan sizes are one smaller than American. I'm a Japanese XL but that's an L in America, yah manlet.
>>
>>3017698
Not a huge fan of his shirts. He has that one cool black one with his face on it but I didn't pick it up. I'm in Osaka now. I found a little geek store that has the Nakamura Bomaye Kinnikuman shirt that I'm very tempted to go and pick up tomorrow. I think I've already gone overboard though.
>>
>>3017705
Last year I stayed in a literal roach infested hostel in Asakusa within walking distance of sumo hall. Was about 30USD a night. This time because my wife is with me and we did AirBnB. It's awesome, clean places, about 60USD per night.
>>
>>3017719
Lucky guy.
>>
>>3017741
AirBnB is not really legal in Japan tho.
I snagged hotel for 57k yen for Dome show 1,5 kms walking distance from Imperial Palace.
>>
>>3017705
google flights nigga
>>
>>3017760
Yeah, rly. Price depends on where you're flying in from obv. I live in Asia already so it doesn't break the bank. If you're flying in from buttfuck Idaho it'll be a different story.
>>
File: cant even draw.jpg (19KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
cant even draw.jpg
19KB, 500x281px
>>3017698
>>3017738
even anon on asp doesn't want to buy that GEEK okada's merch
>>
>>3017755
57,000 a night? Ballin'. It may not be legal but no one has hassled us yet. There were Japanese people staying in the first place we stayed at in Tokyo. 10 minute walk from Sumo Hall. It was perfect.
>>
>>3017699
Fkn kek'd
>>
>>3017741

Lol, which one, don't tell me you stayed in Musashi?
Khaosan is almost the same price but much cleaner in the same area, Smile is also poverty as well as a few other ones there.

Alot of people use AirBnB here, it's not illegal for the customer, just the business if they are not paying the fees.

Also to visitors who want to travel get the JR Pass before coming, or buy all day passes at the station which are 1000yen.

Did you ever go to the New Japan shop by Tokyo Dome?
>>
>>3017717
I like the Halloween one. What I really wanted was the Kenny One Winged Angel hoodie they sold at Wrestle Kingdom but no dice finding it. :(
>>
You did good OP. It's always good to see someone actually go to show, have some fun, but some merch and get their money worth.
>>
File: 1498148279259.png (896KB, 791x644px) Image search: [Google]
1498148279259.png
896KB, 791x644px
Nice blog faggot.

Decent haul though.
>>
>>3017780
It was Asakusa Smile. What a pit. Stank like feet and I killed a fat roach on the 3rd or 4th night. Thank god for cheap whiskey.
>>
>>3017777
57k for whole week, with 50% discount on the room. (nice quads) I wouldn't have been able to afford more to be honest. I am not planning on staying in the hotel much tho.
>>
>>3017699
This
>>
Cringe
>>
>>3017780
re: JR Pass it's very pricey. Use the calculator thing to make sure it's worth it. We went to Tokyo to Osaka, Osaka to Nara, Osaka to Kyoto and Osaka to Kobe and it's cheaper than the 300USD per week asking price. If you're going long distance then it might make sense though.
>>
>>3017696
Cringe
>>
File: sKhVxaO_d.jpg (39KB, 540x501px)
sKhVxaO_d.jpg
39KB, 540x501px
>Bullet kek merch
>>
>>3017707
>chads
nice way to say obese fucks
>>
File: bulletclub.jpg (46KB, 459x339px) Image search: [Google]
bulletclub.jpg
46KB, 459x339px
>OP
>>
>>3017837

Yeah, if you are going Tokyo Osaka Kyoto and so forth it will be cheaper, especially if you take a night bus, you can get them from Tokyo to Osaka for 1500-2500 yen. But I hate night buses, I can never sleep in them.

Also another recommendation I have is aplace called Fight Club in Shibuya, you can drink and watch the fights, or get training etc... You need to earn a license to fight though, lol.
>>
You're a goddamn mark who can't think for himself. You had a chance to get some cool merch you can't find anywhere else in the world and instead you go for Bullet Club and LIJ shit.
>>
>>3017848

That would be WWE fans, it's normal people at a NJPW show, don't throw hatebecause you either don't watch the product, or never took a trip to Japan to have fun.

Fuck it, just try taking trips outside of the house more often, you might make some friends and not have to lash out online.
>>
>>3017862
I'm an American size L. That guy looks like a XXXXXL. The comparison isn't even close. It's like calling a 6 foot tall guy a manlet. I ain't fit but I ain't anywhere near as fat as that guy.

Inb4
>seething
>>
File: 1502802010995.jpg (57KB, 1066x712px) Image search: [Google]
1502802010995.jpg
57KB, 1066x712px
>>3017696
>no ZSJ merch
Your property will be collected by the state soon
>>
>>3017869
I was looking at the night bus option and the only one I thought would allow me a decent nights sleep cost almost the same as the train, so fuck it. Still a good tip for the ultra cheapskates.

Fight Club sounds wild. Might check it out next trip.
>>
>>3017903
I like his SPLX stuff. Only thing for sale at Ryogoku was a pretty plain looking UK flag design with his name with it.
>>
>>3017870
I thought my Tiger mask shirt was pretty nifty... What would you have gotten?
>>
>>3017870
This. I say this liking the shirts you bought too. In fact I have 3 of them without stepping foot in Japan.
>>
>>3017870
Me, for example, if I wanted to get anything from PWT I'd have to pay 12 dollars shipping. So one T-shirt would have cost 35 dollars. And that is pretty high price. Bear in mind my monthly paycheck is (average in my country) 1000 dollars. So I need to think about shit like that.
I will buy stuff I like when I am there and it will be LIJ and BC merch.
>>
>>3017927
BLUE JUSTICE
>>
>>3017933
I live in Asia, I don't have a hot topic 5 minutes drive from me like you and the other fellow do. I get that they are "Common" but I legit like Marty Scurll, The Young Bucks and I wanted a Destino shirt to wear to support Naito against Tanahashi. What in their current line of shirts would you buy? Taguchi Japan? Wearing a Japanese flag outside in Asia out side of Japan is just an invitation to an asswhooping. Tana's new shirts look like shit. The liger one tempted me. The tiger mask airbrush shirt seemed a bit too full on. Shibata may have the worst merch in the biz. Okada's purple thing is ugly AF. I put some thought into it.
>>
>>3017862
more like Buffet Club
>>
>>3017956
Yeah... That is an awesome shirt. It's also about 4200 yen compared to the 3000 yen I spent on the other ones due to the printing inside... Sick shirt though.
>>
File: 1499815356396.jpg (104KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1499815356396.jpg
104KB, 1080x1080px
>Omemega / Young Cuck shirts
>In Large

Every fucking time
>>
>>3017862

He's a fat fuck but give him some credit: He ain't the group of four always showing up to tapings in Bullet Club merch all the time nowadays.
>>
>>3017726
He meant to gain small boys wear small clothes if you ain't wearing them 4xl shirts you gotta push harder any fat Boy can squeeze into a small
>>
>>3017957

Don't worry about that anon. In the end you can support who you want to support. If you legit like them and want to wear the merch that's your business, but you do open yourself to criticism, especially if you're liking the new "hot" flavor.
>>
>>3017927
I would have saved some money and only bought one or two NJPW shirts at the show before heading to Toudoukan to get some rare merch you will never ever see being sold anywhere in the west. But that's just me.
>>
>>3017957
>Shibata may have the worst merch in the biz
kys, the takeover shirt is great
>>
>>3017862
>special edition black and red burretu crabbu t-shirt
>>
>>3018044
Godfather ripoff logo? Naw. Some guy posted a bootleg black and white deal with some red blood dripping down his forehead. THAT was a shirt. Reminded me of those Bruce Lee ones you see everywhere. "THE WRESTLER" written in bold helvetica font on a babys hit tan coloured T? Trash. His merch is fuckin awful dwi.
>>
>>3018085
All the New Japan wrestler merch is dreadful to be honest.
>>
>>3018022
I went to Toudoukan on my last trip and... I dunno. The selection didn't exactly turn my crank. I'm not into action figures, I want shirts... Couldn't find much I could get into. Old school four pillars AJPW stuff was almost non-existent. Yeah they had posters but not much else. You wanna pay 500usd for AJ styles kick pads or gloves? Wanna buy a used Big E singlet? That's there. I ended up buying a cheap cube of New Japan cards and walked.

Toudoukan is like this little geek shop I've found in Osaka. The best shit has already been poached a long time ago. All of the stuff is second hand and not always in the best shape. Prices are generally nuts for anything approaching cool. I've got autographed hockey shirts and you either feel weird wearing them or they sit in your closet.
>>
>>3017802
>blowjob lips
>eats pussy
what did she mean by this?
>>
>>3017972
>wearing less then a Large
You'd have to be a literal twink manlet
>>
>>3017862
Did he have to buy two tickets for two seats?
>>
>>3017972
>can't draw shirt dimes off a guy from 4chan
SAD!
>>
Holy fucking cringe.
>>
>>3018111
the site sometimes has some cool stuff, there was a sealed apollo 55 shirt and a sealed final burning in budokan shirt
>>
I'm glad you have a wife already because those t-shirts are basically 'I Want to Be a Virgin Forever: The Shirt'.
>>
>>3018091
Yes, I see people online praising New Japan merch like it's great, it's generally not. What it basically comes down to is "How can I wear a wrestling shirt that doesn't indicate to normies that I like wrestling? NJ wins because it's obscure enough. WWE loses because they insist on having giant WWE tags on all their shit which makes them unwearable outside of WWE shows.
The truth is NJ designs are pretty bad. Case in point Okada. I love Okada. I live in Asia where the shame isn't really a factor because no one knows what the fuck wrestling is anyway.
Just couldn't find a decent T-shirt of his. Anyway, comparing NJPW and WWE fashion-wise is a bit like comparing No Fear with No Mercy, both are terrible and cringey.
>>
>>3018167
It's interesting you mention that. My wife pretty much hated wrestling when I'd watch the NJPW streams while she was around.

After taking her to Naito - Tanahashi and hearing the crowd reactions she's getting into it, starting to remember the guys' names and shit. It's a shame WWE is such a flaming turd of a show these days or you might actually be able to take a woman there on a date and with some faint glimmer of hope that seeing it live might change her mind about the whole fiasco.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.