[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meltzer's ratings for the final 3 G1 Climax dates

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 16

File: IMG_4866.png (268KB, 640x364px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4866.png
268KB, 640x364px
>Naito vs Tanahashi: 5

>Omega vs Okada: 6

>Naito vs Omega: 5.75

BASED GOAT JAPAN
>>
>omemega v okada 3 was somehow better than the first, as well as the final between omemega and naito

It was the worst of their 3 matches and the worst out of the 3 you listed in the OP
>>
Meltzer is so obviously getting paid to shill for New Japan just like he did for the WWF in the 90s.
>>
>being such a fucking mark for a wrestler, you destroy the reputation of your match scale
the state of fucking meltz magoo as the remaining cred withers away each week
>>
>>3016594
Magoo's pathetic star rating system is just laughable at this point
>>
if he broke his star ratings system why did he jump from five to six?

surely adding 1/4 or 1/2 would make much more sense

his ratings are worthless
>>
>>3016594

In spite of that terrible table spot botch?
>>
>>3016625
it was a worked botch you mark
>>
>>3016608
Then I guess the scale had no credibility since 1982 or 1983.

The system was originally 4 stars and was broken by Tiger Mask vs. Dynamite Kid, became 5. The maximum was 4, then 5, then 6, then 6.25. And that's how it will be until someone beats it.
>>
>>3016625

And all the move spam.
>>
>>3016594
I know we're not allowed to have a serious discussion of Meltzer's credibility on this board because everything has to be console war memes but my God, how can anyone seriously think that he isn't being given some sort of incentive to put over New Japan like this?

No one outside of Japan would give a shit about NJPW right now if Meltzer hadn't broken his star system on their behalf. Now they are the hottest non-WWE promotion in the world. You're telling me Meltzer is giving that sort of publicity >for free?

>>3016631
Why not just give it fucking five and say it was your favorite match? Why sperg out and make some dipshit, nonsensical new standard like 6.25?
>>
>>3016639
>Why not just give it fucking five and say it was your favorite match? Why sperg out and make some dipshit, nonsensical new standard like 6.25?
Fucking this desu famalam
>>
>>3016639
>Why not just give it fucking five and say it was your favorite match? Why sperg out and make some dipshit, nonsensical new standard like 6.25?

the real question is, why do you people get so fucking angry about how many fake stars this journalist gives the matches he reviews?
>>
>>3016625
>>3016629
>https://streamable.com/s9zjb
That's impressive.
>>
>>3016649
Because it's constantly shoved in my face and treated like it matters anymore than anyone else's opinion
>>
>>3016639
Do you think AJW and AJPW in the '90s were paying Dave for good coverage too? Though not officially graded as such, the first match referred to as 6 stars happened 2 decades ago.

Why would a match that's better than every other match ever be given the same grade? Really monopolizes my moonrunes
>>
>>3016629
So tired of the ridiculous pedestal NJPW has been put on.

>muh worked botches!
>>
>>3016652
this desu

>>3016639
he's a Jew, of course he's getting paid for this
>>
>>3016605
>>3016639
>>3016657
>muh shill bias

Gee, maybe, I don't know, the matches are, hear me out now, THAT GOOD?

Oh I forgot we think in absolutes on this board so meltz is either correct or a shill. Fuck you.
>>
>>3016655
>Do you think AJW and AJPW in the '90s were paying Dave for good coverage too?
Probably

>Why would a match that's better than every other match ever be given the same grade?

Casablanca was Roger Ebert's favorite film and yet he didn't give it 5/4 because he wasn't an autistic hack
>>
>>3016661
>Casablanca was Roger Ebert's favorite film and yet he didn't give it 5/4 because he wasn't an autistic hack

if any major movie critic did what Melzter did and broke the star ratings system they would lose all credibility
>>
>>3016660
If they were just that good he would've given them 5 stars

Obviously he's trying to push an agenda to help NJPW by defeating the purpose of his whole system ONLY for their matches.
>>
>>3016661
You didn't answer the second question.
>>
>>3016660
Not that good, he just likes them that much. Difference there.
>>3016652
And btw when you go online and look up scores for movies or games you usually go for critics that have similar taste as you do. So if you don't like matches Meltzer rated high, don't read his reviews. Don't get worked by him, read reviews by people who love same matches as you do. Ignore people trolling you by posting Meltzer reviews.
>>
>>3016666
No. He rates higher than 5 BECAUSE he thinks those matches are better than most 5 star matches.

I bet if he rated AJ/Cena 6 stars you wouldn't be bitching. Scratch that, if he rated YOUR favorite match 6 stars then you wouldn't be bitching.
>>
Tbh I haven't watched any of these matches, but it feels like Meltz has gone full blown parody at this point.
>>
File: GaSOGeE3_400x400.jpg (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
GaSOGeE3_400x400.jpg
21KB, 400x400px
>5 Star Match (2016) vs. Tetsuya Naito on August 13
>6 Star Match (2017) vs. Kazuchika Okada on January 4
>6¼ Star Match (2017) vs. Kazuchika Okada on June 11
>6 Star Match (2017) vs. Kazuchika Okada on August 12
>5¾ Star Match (2017) vs. Tetsuya Naito on August 13

THE ABSOLUTE GOAT
>>
>>3016669
More like you can't respond to it. Respectable critics don't just keep constantly changing their own scale every time they find something they like a little better because it cheapens the value of previous judgments. Perfect is either perfect or it isn't.

Was Styles/Joe/Daniels a 5 or 5.25? I guess we'll never know because that was before Dave arbitrarily decided to start rating things out of 6.25
>>
NEW JAPAN WINS AGAIN
>>
File: IMG_20170719_225107.jpg (35KB, 592x388px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170719_225107.jpg
35KB, 592x388px
Meltzer worked the idiotic marks like a fiddle again and again.
>>
>>3016676
>One mans opinion does not make you the GOAT
>>
>>3016671

The problem is people constantly throw around the jew's ratings like they mean a damn. I like Omega but shit brah, he's obviously shilling their shit and people still listen to him.
>>
Holy shit the absolute state of the butthurt E-drones in this thread
>>
>>3016679
see >>3016631
>>
>>3016594
Who gives a shit?

Do they fuckers actually have intriguing storylines? no.

5 stars matches according to one man. FUCKING KEK!
>>
>>3016709
Read my post again and tell me if you think the post you directed me to addresses my issue
>>
File: naito vs red shoes.webm (3MB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
naito vs red shoes.webm
3MB, 720x400px
>>3016594
>Naito/Omega not getting the 6

Fuck off, Dave.
>>
>>3016639
I got into NJPW after reading about it in either Jericho's or Foley's book, can't remember which, and hearing a friend talk about Okada vs Tanahashi 3. Just riding the wave now. If Meltz is on the take, then it sucks because I'm big on integrity, but it's good because it's getting more western attention on NJPW, which makes for bigger budgets and more ease of access for English speakers, including me.
>>
>>3016718
Matches used to only be four stars, then Jim Cornette decided that Dynamite Kid vs Tiger Mask was so good that it was five out of four stars, and the scale was changed to accommodate it. Here's the kicker, matches that were four stars before still got four stars, because they were just as good, it's just that a few talents came along who could do better. The exact same thing happened with Okada and Omega, although Misawa, Kawada, Flair, and Steamboat pretty much already did the same thing
>>
>>3016715
>Do they fuckers actually have intriguing storylines? no.

Never watched GOAT Japan confirmed.
>>
>>3016728
And I'm telling you that that is retarded and that no other respectable critic in any other field of entertainment does this because it is retarded.

It calls all of your previous ratings into question and makes you look like you don't know what you're fucking talking about because apparently perfect can somehow stop being perfect years after the fact.
>>
>>3016715
>Do they fuckers actually have intriguing storylines?

Ironic because WWE doesn't either. Honestly, if you're watching WWE for the writing, you're a moron.
>>
>>3016741
Literally where did WWE come from?
>>
>>3016739
Then why do you want wrestling matches to be scored on five stars? The five star scale is retarded by your definition, and all pro wrestling matches should be given four stars max. Also
>Implying 5 stars ever means perfect
>Implying 6 stars ever means perfect
>Implying 6.25 stars ever means perfect
>Implying perfect wrestling matches exist (without YTR)
Four stars is arbitrary. Five stars is arbitrary. Six stars is arbitrary. All of it is arbitrary and relative, because it's all fucking opinion, how do you not grasp this.
>>
>>3016665
This. Imagine if something like Godfather got 3 Thumbs Up from Roger Ebert. It would both tarnish the film itself for being attributed with such a silly score and make the reviewer lose all credibility for just making shit up as he goes. Not even denying that the matches were good, just that this scale and the concept of 5 or 6 star matches means nothing anymore.
>>
>>3016753
>consistency is retarded
>>
File: draw.jpg (186KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
draw.jpg
186KB, 500x333px
>>3016676
>5 star matches vs Ishii, Shibata, and 3 vs Tanahashi
>6 star match vs Omega
>6.75 star match vs Omega
>6 star match vs Omega
>4.75 vs Naito, Goto, Ibushi, Nakamura (2), Styles, Marufuji, Suzuki (2), Elgin, and 4 vs Tanahashi
Literally GOAT
>>
File: 1412982120402.png (181KB, 474x548px) Image search: [Google]
1412982120402.png
181KB, 474x548px
Meltzer should adopt Anthony Fantano's meme rating system.
>>
>>3016764
This faggot didn't want to fight Wale, fuck em
>>
>>3016652
>>3016657
>i-i-it's sh-sh-shoved in mu-muh f-f-face
>>
>>3016660
>seething this hard
You're embarrassing us.
>>
>NJPW shill shills for NJPW
How is this news?
>>
OMEGA BTFO
>>
>>3016773

This entire thread is proof of it moron.

The stars mean literally nothing yet new japan weebs are in this thread acting like a journalists opinion is an accomplishment of some sort
>>
>>3016781
You come to a thread titled 'Meltzer's ratings' and you complain about them being shoved in your face?
Are you dense?
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>3016753
I want wrestling matches to be scored on a consistent scale that doesn't just magically change.

Referring to my previous example: Roger Ebert reviewed many films that he considered to be excellent. His favorite, however, was Casablanca. In spite of this, he did not feel the need to give Casablanca 5/4 because THAT IS FUCKING RETARDED.

By breaking your scale to place one match over another, you are implying that the previous match is now lesser, even though those matches were unfairly judged on the previous scale.

The worst thing Meltzer did here was give out a 5.75. His system is now irrevocably broken. The 6 star matches could've been forgiven as him just giving a special commendation to this particular trilogy of matches, but the 5.75 now confirms that the scale is now out of 6.25. So unless you want to make the case that all of those previous matches that he gave 5's to would've been scored a 5 and no higher (5.25, 5.5) before he broke the scale, all of his previous ratings are now worthless.
>>
>>3016790
Unless 5 star matches stopped being fucking amazing, not eally
>>
>>3016790
Then go bitch at Jim Cornette
>>
File: IMG_9983.jpg (172KB, 2048x1098px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9983.jpg
172KB, 2048x1098px
>>3016790
Imagine being this worked over fictional stars
>>
>>3016625
if you rewatch the table spot you will see it was the safest spot in the whole match.
>>
>>3016790
The reason why star ratings were even put in the Observer were for the readers. It was for recommendation purposes, not to be a critic for this artistic medium.

Having a 6.25 star match does not take away from that purpose because a 5 star match is still considered outstanding and highly recommended.
>>
File: 1501676041771.gif (44KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1501676041771.gif
44KB, 499x499px
>>3016790
Cheer up, anon. It's just fake fights.
>>
File: cry_baby_1_-_iStockphoto.png (284KB, 623x411px) Image search: [Google]
cry_baby_1_-_iStockphoto.png
284KB, 623x411px
>I-I-I-IT'S A C-C-C-CONSPIRACY AGAINST POOR WWE
>H-H-HE'S A P-P-P-PAID SH-SH-SH-SHILL
>W-W-WHY WON'T HE B-B-B-BE NICE TO WWE
>WAAAAAAH
>WAAAAAAAAH
the STATE of WWE cult babbies!!
>>
WHO
GIVES
A
SHIT

And oh yeah... fuck all your moms!
>>
>>3016850
What if I dislike both Meltzer and WWE
>>
>>3016850
>SEETHING
Also, calling others babbies, when yourself need someone else to tell you if something(wrestling matches) is good or not
>>
>>3016694
To be honest, I do think he is biased towards Kenny, cause he let himself to be worked this January. He basically ran Kenny's PR. And also - visa issues? Yeah, right.
But he is not getting paid by NJPW or anyone else.
>>3016725
He is not on the take, it's what he prefers. He loves this kind of wrestling.
>>3016754
Btw he now trolls people with these ratings.
>>3016790
He is trolling you.
>>
>>3016594
You can't say he is not earning what NJPW is paying him
>>
lmao fat e-drones seething over FAKE stars in FAKE fighting
>>
>>3016875
Yeah you're probably right in that he's just doing it troll people. It worked on me at least. I still just can't get over how silly a 5.75 is as an actual score.
>>
>>3016594
Why do Omega and Naito look like 'those kids' at school?
>>
>>3016892
Isn't it just tad too silly? As I said, he decided after backlash to him giving Okada v Omega I to start trolling people with this. Just look at his twitter. He is autistic shitposter. He is the guy who wrote more words about pro-wrestling then any other sports reporter in history. Imagine that.
>>
>>3016594
Based interpretive dance enthusiast Dave Meltzer giving these trans-men top score for their routines. So progressive and woke.
>>
File: shibataokada.jpg (254KB, 1240x877px) Image search: [Google]
shibataokada.jpg
254KB, 1240x877px
Okada vs. Shibata was better than any of those matches and better than Okada/Omega I & II.
>>
Dave knows by giving ridiculous ratings, people will pay more attention to him/give him more money. It's the same thing as him being "savage XDDDD" on Twitter. Plus, I am 100% convinced he is being paid by New Japan like he was by the WWF in the 90's. That's a shoot.
>>
>>3016594
This only makes me happier that Naito won

>Meme Club btfo
>Kenny Omemega btfo
>Meltzer and his cronies btfo
>>
>>3016947
You're a loser
>>
Ahhhh, nothing like a fresh thread of worked E-Drones to start the morning.
>>
>>3016974
you're the one who watches a wrestling promotion in a foreign language

you obese weeb
>>
>omega okada 3 somehow got 6*
now Meltzer is just over hyping this shit its more of a 5 the only 6* is their first match
>>
>>3016986
t. shitter that loves Jinder
>>
Metlzer literally has never given a shit about his star ratings. It's literally just a way to recommend people matches and he considers it less important than anything else he does. You all care more about his ratings than he ever has.
>>
He has lost every bit of my respect now. I thought him giving Suzuki vs Omega a 4.75 was too far but this is just ridiculious Omega vs Okada 3 wasnt even the best match of the G1 so he considers it the third best match of all time.
>>
>>3016999
>implying he gives a shit about your "respect"

gb2 crying that he didn't give that average Dunne/Bate match 5 snowflakes
>>
>>3016656
Worked
>>
>>3016639
>he literally think Memetzer's snowflakes have anything to do with New Japan's heat
>he literally doesn't realize how big of publicity the Okada/Omega at WK match before Dave even pushed the six star meme
>he doesn't chalk it down to the US Expansion doing everything it can to allure more westerners
>he doesn't talk it down to a few years of a good product being converted into momentum for the company as it hits a stride
>"n-no it's muh stars"

Literally seething over an autistic old man's opinion. Embarrassing 4u
He gives them those ratings because they're that good, marky mark.
>>
>>3016631
And don't forget that there was a flair Vs steamboat house show match that theoretically got 6 stars in the 80s.
>>
>>3017015
>heat
Stop using terms you don't know how to use.
>>
>>3017024
Brainlet detected
I give your seethe seven out of five stars
>>
>>3016639
>>3016652
>>3016781
>>3016661
>>3016790
Imagine for a moment
seething THIS hard over a man's opinions
being THIS upset your favourite wrestler will never be a six star performer
imagine that
>>
>>3016608
He gave Misawa/Kawada in '94 six stars. If I recall correctly the original system that he got from Jim Cornette only went up to four stars anyway, but that changed in the 80s.
>>
>>3016897
Omega pretty much is. He's goofy as fuck.
>>
E-BABIES MAD AT THE RATINGS!
>>
>>3016594
naito omega was the best match of the tournament. Omega okada was good but nothing special.
>>
>>3017028
>being THIS upset your favourite wrestler will never be a six star performer

lol literally nobody feels that way. Meltzers stars mean nothing

imagine for a moment, being THIS much of a sheep
>>
>>3017033
Yes it is literally an autistic man's stars, not the fact that they're currently having the single best year any company has had in terms of pure wrestling.
In your head, rent free.
>>
>>3017038
>th-they mean nothing
>WHY ARE THEY SHOVED IN OUR FACE BROS FUCKING MELTZER REEEEEEEEEEEE HE HAS NO CREDIBILITY

edrone seething and spluttering
>>
>>3016594
The first 6* match was a good meme and it could exceed the 5* system once. But now it's an overkill. Another 6 stars? 5.75? 6.25? How does it work now?
>>
>>3017033
>>3017038
NEW JACHADS RACKING UP SOME SIX (POINT TWO FIVE) STAR SEETHES FROM THESE EDRONES
>>
I don't get the hype about Naito/Omega match. I'm really fucking fed up with Naito's no-selling like his match with Ibushi and now this one. He got hit with so many V-Triggers I lost count, and one knee like that would knock a man out in a real fight. Yet somehow he's not even dazed and can hit his flippy finisher just fine.

In my opinion they totally overdid things and lost any drama the match might of had by taking move and kickout spam to a ridiculously obnoxious new level. People are going to get bored of this soon and these guys will be having to do more and more ridiculous shit to get a reaction until someone is seriously injured or killed. This is another NOAH waiting to happen.

There's also the fact that if you have to resort to big move spam and kickout spam, you're not a good worker.
>>
>>3017048
>there's no selling

Stone Cold himself disagrees.

>you're not a good worker if you do something that requires tremendous skill, gets a reaction and gets people invested

edrone
>>
>>3017048
get out ya ding-dong diddly edrone
>>
>>3017053
>doesn't understand the difference between a good worker and a good athlete.

I haven't watched WWE for at least 4 years, and even then it was just Wrestlemania. If you don't have an argument and have to resort to calling everyone 'e-drones' then I don't know what to say to you.
>>
>>3017060
>muh not a worker just a spotmonkey
>hasn't even watched wwe in 4 years
>still an edrone

kekekeke
>>
>>3017048
>>3017060
wipe that shit taste outta ya mouth right now ya little ding-dong diddly edrone
this is new j/asp/an now we ding-dong diddly give you these six star nuts down ya momma's throat
>>
>>3017053
>>3017057
>edrone
This is your favorite wrestler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eMKYNUvgvE
>>
>>3017043
those aren't mutually exclusive lmao

stop shitting up the board with meaningless """"stars"""""

i can see that reading comprehension isnt your strong suit
>>
>>3017063
The fact you have to constantly shout edrone at everyone gives me the feeling you're an edrone who just jumped on the New Japan bandwagon. You don't like your shiny new interest criticised do you?
>>
>>3017066
>>3017067
>>3017069
edrones seething
>>
>>3016594
>>Omega vs Okada: 6
IT WASN'T EVEN THAT FUCKING GOOD
>>
>>3017066
BASED

>>3017069
>no arguments

edrone ya lose go homuuuuu
>>
>>3017060
>>doesn't understand the difference between a good worker and a good athlete.

Unfortunately for you, Omega and Naito are both.
Seething about a star system won't un-pleb you, little edrone. Looking forward to Summerslam ;)?
>>
>>3017078
>typed out an argument
>just get replies saying 'seething' or 'edrone'
You are the one with no argument. Stop shitting up every thread with your embarrassing and childish spamming.
>>
>>3017078
>BASED
Well, that really says a lot about NJPWeebs
>>
>>3017081
>typed out an argument

edrone delusional

>>3017084
seething
>>
>>3017079
>Omega and Naito are both.
Naito is a charisma void who couldn't get the fans behind him until they gave him a 'too cool to care' gimmick.

Not that you'd know anything about New Japan pre-2017.
>>
>>3017089
>Not that you'd know anything about New Japan pre-2017.
Ya makin' me CRINGE fella
>>
>>3017089
But I've been watching for a while and am happy he has progressed into such a charismatic and incredible worker by finding his niche :)
Silly edrone, projecting your lack of knowledge won't work! Now, are you most looking forward to the pajeet vs the guy who couldn't hack new japan, or some women's wrestling?
>>
>>3017089
>resorting to "Y-YOU HAVEN'T BEEN WATCHING LONG"

This is how you know they're triggered and have nothing more to respond with
edrone absolutely devastated

>>3017096
BTFO
>>
>get to watch the literal greatest year of wrestling that has ever occurred with matches CONSISTENTLY reaching SIX STARS at every major event
>this G1 alone had an unprecedented three five stars, two of which broke the scale
>don't place too much important or interest in Dave's ratings
>simply happy that our performers are receiving much-deserved praise
>this small gesture sends people into a fucking frenzy

>get to watch literally GOAT matches and then watch people seethe endlessly about them
>>
>>3017117
>our performers
cringe.
>>
>>3016594
Naito vs Omega was shit. oh wow MOVE! KICKOUT! MOVE! KICKOUT! how amazing
>>
>>3016594
I don't really care about his ratings, and I agree with the sentiment that these matches that get dumb ratings are better than your average 5, because these guys are on another level right now. It's fucking insane.
But I'd have just left a void between 5 and 6. No 5.25/5/75, just a whole extra star to denote a match really is THAT good. Even the Dominion getting .25 more is okay, as that's another token that it's another notch above. But drifting from symbolic stuff into actually gauging things between the 5-6 mark is weird.
>>
Meltzer lost his mind with the six stars match, this is just par for the course.
>>
>>3017171
>didn't watch it
>>
>>3016594
>Omega vs Okada: 6

Based Meltz working the e-drones
>>
File: 1489014355469.jpg (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1489014355469.jpg
5KB, 200x200px
>>3016639
He gets paid by fans to give his honest ratings of what he thinks.

You hype up WWE for free. Well I say that, but no one ever brags about WWE matches. It's basically "If my wrestling sucks, I'll talk about yours sucking" instead of WWE is superior. Or you bring up money which WWE will naturally win. But you can't ever argue match quality.
>>
>>3017171
How is that any different from Okada/Omega? Or any long running main event for that matter?
>>
>>3016594
>ITT: losers get worked into tears over Meltzer's Japanese wrestling ratings
Like him or not Meltzer lives in /asp/'s head rent free.
>>
>>3017413
/thread
>>
File: meltzy in ya head.png (317KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
meltzy in ya head.png
317KB, 1600x1200px
RESIDING IN THE SKULL OF MULTIPLE /ASP/ MEMBERS WITHOUT PAYING FOR RENT
>>
File: 123456834.jpg (94KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
123456834.jpg
94KB, 500x500px
>DAVE'S LOST ALL CREDABILITY
>WHY DOESN'T HE GIVE WWE 5-STARS
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>failing to understand that according to Dave, Tiger Mask I, Dynamite Kid, Kawada, Misawa, Okada, and Omega are limit breakers that are next level, redefining the highest quality of wrestling, ACCORDING TO DAVE
People are so stupid here.
>>
>Flew to Japan for my second G1 in a row.
>Last year I got to see Kenny Omega tear the house down and become the first gaijin to win the G1.
>This year I had the PRIVILEGE to watch 3 of the greatest matches of all time.

Feels great not to be a broke beaner with nothing better to do than whine about some guys star ratings.
>>
>>3016603
100% this.
Don't know what match he was watching, but it wasn't 6 stars tier.
>>
>>3016715good stories compared to who? WWE? Don't make me laugh.
>>
E-drones working themselves into a burial just like Borin Corbin.
>>
>>3016603
If you reverse Omega/Okada III and Naito/Omega, everything's hunky-dory, but we're talking about a difference of .25 stars here, so.
>>
>>3017669
Like Meltz always says when people bitch at him for giving a match 4.75 instead of 5, like, you're within 0.25 of each other and you're bitching that he had a slightly different opinion than you, come the fuck on.
>>
>>3016612
This. Weebs talk about it like it's the laws of physics some kind of proven science. Meltz is just a salty nerd with a grudge against wwe
>>
File: goats.jpg (149KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
goats.jpg
149KB, 1080x1080px
>>
>>3016625
>literally set up the guard rail for the botch
>not a worked botch
>>
>>3017783
edrone seething
>>
>>3016940
this
>>
>>3016594
Meanwhile, Naito vs. Tanahashi is a solid 5 stars and doesn't need any meme ratings to be best match of this G1
>>
>>3016625
>worked
>>
>>3017437
To be fair to all of the Omega vs Okadas they all had a story and all did things between each kickout (little much with the third one) but Okada vs Naito was purely just big move kickout.
>>
Meltzer has been using a 1-10 scale the whole time and has just never seen a match more than a D-
>>
>>3018948
>story
you guys really like overusing that word.
>>
>>3018998
Yeah these guys are fags for trying to act like these matches were anything but hit move kickout hit move kickout okada sells but kenny just makes silly faces hit big move kickout

>wow the match had such a great story okada had a sore neck so kenny did all his regular moves on him and won wow in the two previous matches okada didn't have a sore neck and beat kenny but not this time such deep storytelling best match trilogy of all time
>>
>>3019017
I thought the 3rd match was a 4 and a half star match, im just saying compared to Omega vs Naito it actually had the story going into it.
>>
>>3018998
>>3019017
edrones seething
>>
>>3016594
So at what point will this rating system go the dragon ball z power level route and basically render it's own concept pointless?

Pretty soon we'll just be using terms like "THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE" and "IT CANNOT BE" to rate these fucking things
>>
File: 1494876604258.gif (134KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1494876604258.gif
134KB, 340x340px
>>3016594
>midlife crises Dave pleasing the young people to look cool.
>>
>>3020409
N-N-NANI?
Thread posts: 154
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.