[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is there little to no actual wrestling on the WWE wrestling shows?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1679.jpg (34KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1679.jpg
34KB, 512x512px
I use to watch a ton of wrestling when I was younger, fell out of it after the "Attitude" era ended. I started watching again a few months ago and I don't remember it being this fucking bad. Last week's Raw didn't have an actual match until about 45 minutes in, and the matches are total shit. Guys clothesline esch other, rest holds, more clotheslines, maybe a body slam, more rest holds. Jesus fuck what happened to the WWE?
>>
>>3014786
I stopped 2002/2003.
Got back into it end of 2014... wish I hadn't.
I share your sentiment... it's nowhere near the same as it used to be.
It seems like the writers have given up and they're just going through the motions and doing as little as they can to get paid and keep their job.
There's no surprises, no imagination, no interesting matches... I find myself getting more entertained by stupid little sections like the Breezango shit that's actually pretty funny but contains absolutely no wrestling.
Smackdown isn't TOO bad, it's a hell of a lot better than Raw currently.
>>
>>3014832
I hate the 20-30 minute slow talking promos they cut anymore. It's like for fuck's sake SPIT IT OUT, This shit is more soap opera than "sport"
>>
File: Kunkushin.gif (3MB, 350x260px) Image search: [Google]
Kunkushin.gif
3MB, 350x260px
>>3014786
Well, you see, a bunch of guys died young, or had long term concussion issues, traumatic brain injuries... one guy went nuts and killed his famiy, and so, well ya know, they dont do chair shots and pile drivers no more. So, I hope you like back bumps and Superman Punch.
>>
File: triple h tuff enuff.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
triple h tuff enuff.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>3014883
Anon...the fact of the matter...is...that these promos? They're what's....best...for business.
>>
if you want wrestling than skip any of the regular weekly programming and just watch the big 4 ppvs
>>
I unironically blame Vince
>>
>>3014786
>pretending the AE was wrestling-centric

Stop
>>
That's how it should be. Save the big matches for the PPV.
>>
It's sports entertainment
>>
This is bait, right? Attitude era TV matches very rarely went over 6 minutes each. Now it's mostly just wrestling as filler or long, meaingless promos cause they've run out of ideas for actual storylines.
>>
The attitude era was only like 3-4 years you dumb fuck
Why do people romanticize this literal trash TV not even half a decade period of time so much?
>>
>>3015008
Yeah but In the AE the stories were entertaining. Now the WWE doesn't have entertaining stories OR good matches.
>>
>>3015010
Obviously cause it was the most watched/successful era of wrestling in America. That should be blatantly obvious, so why do people like you get assblasted about it? I know more WWF former fans than current WWE fans.
>>
Just watch NxT/PPVs if you want wrestling.
>>
File: IMG_0033.png (3MB, 1149x1428px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0033.png
3MB, 1149x1428px
I know a place you can go if you want to see good wrestling matches, OP.
>>
File: 1494882055908.gif (692KB, 359x202px) Image search: [Google]
1494882055908.gif
692KB, 359x202px
>>3014996
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.