[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: meaningless criticism of a wrestler

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: 1473483055243.jpg (14KB, 321x312px) Image search: [Google]
1473483055243.jpg
14KB, 321x312px
"doesn't love the business"
>>
>not athletic enough

Not every fucking wrestler needs to be a flippy shit spot monkey, the most devastating finishers of all time in kayfabe are shit like a simple body slam or a leg drop on a guys chest

but nah, guys need to do a 720 sunset flip just impress some fat smark who cant even get up from a chair without help from someone
>>
"relies too much on catchprases"
>>
>manlet

It's fake, you fucking mark.
>>
>his promos sounds like a script

because they are exactly that. from a script.
>>
"Never drew money"

That's for the promoters to worry about. All I care about is if I'm entertained.
>>
File: 1473433322140.png (66KB, 554x400px) Image search: [Google]
1473433322140.png
66KB, 554x400px
>dabbing
Admit it, you're just getting worked
>>
>>3014076

Agreed, I mean what are the most over finishers we have today?

>Rainmaker
Literally just a stiff lariat with a step through

>RKO
Jumping cutter that gets over because Orton does it anytime to anyone

>Dirty Deeds
Snap DDT.

Hell Braun Strowman is out here doing fucking running powerslams and Samoa Joe just chokes people out and both have never been more over. You don't need to do a 630 for your finish.
>>
>>3014089
>misunderstanding this criticism

Being from a script is fine. SOUNDING like you're from a script is bad.
If you're watching a movie and the dialogue is wooden and robotic, it sounds like it's from a script. This is bad. It's the entertainer's job to make it natural and compelling.
Corbin sounds like a script being read. Owens sounds like a script being read. Seth sounds like a script being read. All bad things and valid critiques.
>>
>>3014065
> He's only over because of (blank) e.g. Bryan wasn't over, the chant was over. It's like people don't want to admit when people are over if they don't like them
> The rating of this show is dependant only on who is in the main event and it's all their fault if the ratings are low, not the really writing or Vince's Alzheimer's
>>
>>3014089
>>3014095
I've always seen this as an indictment of creative rather than the wrestler. If you're given shitty stilted lines and only have two hours to recognize them, it's gonna sound bad no matter what.
>>
>>3014104
It's both. A bad script is more difficult to make interesting, and a bad wrestler finds it more difficult to make any script interesting.
>>
>>3014065
>isn't a good athlete
>he/she is a vince guy/girl
>they can't fight for real
>they're not a party animal filled with roids and coke
>>
> You're not allowed to like thing because this thing is more popular
>>
>he doesnt have a '5 star match' by some literal fucking who 'wrestling journalist'
>>
>"never paid his dues"
>>
>>3014112
>>they're not a party animal filled with roids and coke

im just saying you fill kevin owens with blow instead of cheeseburgers you might actually get a good segment out of him
>>
"She's not good in-ring"
>>
>>3014152
Let's compromise. Cocaine cheeseburgers.
>>
>>3014095
unless its a comedy skit like breezango
>>
>>3014065
>just happy to be here
>he's a likeable wrestler!
>overcome the odds
>mfw dbry was John Cena
>smarks think he's the GOAT and hate Cena
>>
>>3014095
>Owens sounds like script being read
Not really. I'll give you Corbin and Rollins as a face, but not Owens. He's one of the best on the mic.
>>
>>3014156
Yeah, not being able to do the job you have is utterly meaningless.
>>
>>3014101
I think there's a legitimacy to the argument with certain people, though. For example, the ten count guy only has his chant over, not him.
>>
>>3014091
This above all else
If you're justifying why the bookers book this guy as the main eventer, fine. But don't fucking go around telling me this guy is more entertaining, and then, when asked why, answer with "Look at the dimes he drew"

Motherfuckers, its the equivalent of pulling box office sales when arguing movies. Enough of that cancerous shit.
>>
>>3014293
>Owens
>one of the best on the mic
Le stuttering opposite man FTW
>>
File: download.jpg (33KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
33KB, 600x400px
>Doesn't know ring psychology
>Doesn't know his fundamentals
>Spot monkey
>>
>>3014094
>dirty deeds
>over

L oh fucking l. Dean sucks and his finisher was done better already by a much more popular wrestler
>>
Owens is horrible on the mic. He only has one tone, smug/sarcastic, and neckbeards overrate it because that's how they picture themselves talking
>>
>>3014578
People were still really invested in him in NXT, m8, it's because he was a good performer and had a good storyline. You can have a meme catchphrase, but unless you can actually do something with that attention, people will stop caring.
>>
>>3014578
No, people overly trivialize how people are over by using a positive as a negative as an excuse. I can do it too.

> Stone Cold is only over because le glass breaking
> Flair is only over because WOOOO
> The Rock is only over because le japroni speak

Dillinger is great at his gimmick and in his days in NXT was actually entertaining in the ring working his matches. He's a fantastic babyface.
>>
>>3014298
the job of a woman wrestler isn't to wrestle it's to fill time and cool down a crowd between big matches, also make teenage boys work their dicks into a shoot
>>
>>3014065
"only over because they're pushed"
>>
>>3014758
>>3014789
My point is that everyone was cheering ten ten ten and then he actually entered the rumble and no one gave a fuck.
>>
>>3014685
What? I don't understand what you mean...
>>
>>3014685
Also, pretty much every promo Owens does, scripted or more improvised, always sounds organic and like he means it. He's very good at what he does.
>>
>>3015288
What a time we're living in where a guy who stutters over his words and speaks with no conviction is considered a good promo
>>
>>3014065
Based frog poster
>>
>>3014094
I miss back in the 80s when the most over moves in the whole buisness was the ddt, a sleeper hold, and a leg drop. Don't get me wrong I love shit like Neville's red arrow but when everyone does shit like that it loses its value.
>>
>"he's a mark for himself"

That's fine if he was ever pushed as a top guy. Wrestlers who don't stand up for themselves go the way of Kane: doesn't get the world title when they were in the best shape for it and lets writers and bookers do whatever they want to their gimmick. Otherwise people like Austin and Hogan acted like a mark for themelves because they knew they were meant to be the top guy.
>>
>>3017086
Nowadays it really isn't much of a problem, but back in the 80s so many wrestlers were so full of themselves that it was damaging both the business and the entertainment. It's why there were so many count out and shit finished back then since everyone thought they were too great to lose clean.
>>
>>3014065
Doesn't draw a dime is the most autistic of them all. It's far more important for a wrestler to be entertaining.
>>
>>3014715
The fucking idiot has mistaken protected for over
>>
>>3014065
>he only has 5 moves
>>
>>3017111
t. Someone who never drew a dime
>>
"hasn't proven himself in WWE"
>>
op is a vanilla midget thats a mark for himself
>>
> He sells merch

They mainly stock merch of top guys in the Fed at shows so of course they're going to sell more.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.