[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FUCK YOU INOKI FAGS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_4796.jpg (30KB, 578x336px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4796.jpg
30KB, 578x336px
From Tanahashi's book:

>Last year when he fought in the G1, he got good reaction from the crowd with his Bachi Bachi (MMA/Brawler/Battle Arts style) match. I felt the locker room feel uneasy about it. But it didn’t perturb me at all. I could imagine to a certain extent that the crowd will react to slaps and kicks.

>I take pride in saying that Shibata’s style was accepted because “Tanahashi / Okada” styles were established as a basis. There is a foundation for “A bit old-school NJPW” style matches to be accepted in the current NJPW. This is not a bluff. I believe so from the bottom of my heart.

>There is no “Next” to those Bachi Bachi style matches. As I pointed earlier when I talked about dangerous moves, fans will seek for more intensity. And the wrestlers have to escalate their violence. And a gruesome scene that you would want to look away will take place on the ring again.

>I believe that the true nature of pro-wrestling lies in arousing fans’ interest, making them wonder, “Where will this fight lead to next?” Is there “Next” to Shibata’s pro-wrestling?

Listen you old faggots who still worship Inoki, your era is DEAD, it's the past and gone for a reason. "Strong Style" is a dying breed and for good reason. Killing each other with stiff strikes is boring as fuck and kills guys careers faster.

Why do you think Misawa died at 46? Why do you think Kobashi didn't even make it to 50 before retiring? Why do you think Shibata is never going to wrestle again? Because their stiff style was stupid and prematurely ended their careers.

Guys like Tanahashi, Okada, Naito and Kenny Omega are the FUTURE of Japanese wrestling. Why? Because they don't need to rely on killing themselves with shoot strikes to draw crowds, they all have characters and charisma that will draw them instead.

You whiny old fags can keep bitching, but the future is here and is going to pass you virgins by. Get the fuck off this board faggots.
>>
File: kenny kota 2.jpg (59KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
kenny kota 2.jpg
59KB, 500x667px
HOLY FUCKING BAAAAAAASED
>>
>>3012714
I myself who watched back when NJPW was shoot style, think it doesn't work on this era, shoot style wrestlers nearly killed NJPW years ago, wrestlers like Ishii today can't draw dimes, Naito and Omega are truly the future
>>
>>3012714
>draw crowds, they all have characters and charisma that will draw them instead.
nobody in wrestling draws, the industry is in it's dying days regardless of how many flips these guys do
>>
>>3012733
newfag
>>
>>3012733
Okada & Tanahashi aren't flippy
>>
File: The greatest of all time.png (378KB, 371x420px) Image search: [Google]
The greatest of all time.png
378KB, 371x420px
>>3012733

>Ticket sales for Ring of Honor's upcoming "Global Wars" have sold out after it was announced Kenny Omega would be on the card (via SE Scoops).

>"The Cleaner" - who recently won yet more fans after two match of the year (or, perhaps more accurately, century) candidates with Kazuchika Okada in NJPW - is currently the only man announced for the event, which takes place on October 15th at Chicago's Odeum Expo Center.

>The venue holds up to 5,500 fans, and the Wrestling Observer Newsletter claims that quota being filled ahead of what could be one of precious few ROH dates for Omega over the next couple of years, is indicative of his starpower.

>The Canadian last appeared for the promotion in 2016, but has spent most of his time since in Japan, and continues to be linked with a switch to WWE after reportedly impressing its hierarchy earlier this year.

>And these numbers - said to be the highest first-day ticket sales in ROH history - are yet more evidence of his drawing power, which is unrivaled by any other wrestler currently working the American professional wrestling scene.

Reminder that Kenny Omega sold out a 5,500 seat arena, ROH's most attended event in history in under a day while being the only person advertised. There was no card, there weren't any other superstars advertised, ROH only advertised Kenny Omega was going to be there to defend his United States championship. Technically, since the event sold out in one day and doesn't happen until October, he can be the only guy on the show, he can wrestle a fucking BROOM if he chose too and the event would STILL be sold out.
>>
>>3012714
Tanahashi literally predicting the future holy fucking GOAT
>>
>>3012748
And is that relevant to Japanese audience?
Even Omega admitted that Making NJPW mainstream again in Japan is far more important than pandering to Gaijin Smarks
>>
Ive seen Okada and Naito and Tanahashi dropped on their fucking heads many times in the past 5 years, even Omega a few times. And some of them strikes (im looking at you Kenny) can be retard stiff. Strongstyle isn't dying they just use it less because too much of a good thing will fuck you up.
>>
>>3012748
Post your picture of Kidani showing the revenue graph of NJPW and look at how much higher it was in the 90s then come back and apologize.
>>
>>3012907
>m-muh 90s

lmao who cares, new chadpan today destroys the product in the 90s

>using "muh era drew more" like a sad edrone using "muh company draws more" while ignoring new chadpan trounces them both for a fan
>>
File: njpw business.jpg (127KB, 907x514px) Image search: [Google]
njpw business.jpg
127KB, 907x514px
>>3012907
>>3012919

First off, you should stop being so smug and arrogant considering the company was damn near dead just a few years ago. Hype was at an all time low from 2003-2010, attendance was pitiful, the MMA worked style shoot clearly turned many fans off, it won worst promotion of the year and was generally viewed as the laughingstock of wrestling. The year they're having now is a miracle and the people know it, Japanese AND American, and I question why you don't consider just how close they really came to bankruptcy. The fact that the company is still walking is worthy of celebration. Secondly, you're not only comparing modern NJPW to NJPW when wrestling was absolutely on fire in the late 1990's, AJPW was also unbelievably hot with Misawa and Kobashi and obviously, WWF and WCW were tearing shit up. Wrestling as a whole was in its boom period in the late 1990's. If you look at this graph, you can literally see that they're well on track to breaking their 1990's revenue. They made 39B Yen in 1997, they made 32B Yen in 2016 and with the year they're having right now in which EVERYTHING is up, Ticket Sales are up, Ticket PRICES are up, Merchandise is WAY up, It's a safe bet that 2017 is well on its way to being their best year ever, in company history. The fact that they're well on-track to break their 1997 revenue record, when wrestling was at it's peak is unbelievably impressive and speaks volumes about the kind of year the company is having.
>>
File: based gedo.gif (3MB, 305x170px) Image search: [Google]
based gedo.gif
3MB, 305x170px
>>3012949
>>3012907

What I also want you to notice with this graph is that in between the years 2010 to 2013, around the same time Gedo took over booking and Kidani purchased the company, they made a profit of 5B Yen. In three years. From 2013 to 2015, that jumped to 10B Yen. From 2015 to 2016, 5B Yen, in three times a shorter span as in 2010-2013. With the year they're having right now in which everything is way up, Subscribers, attendance, ticket pricing, merchandise, they'll profit about 8B Yen from 2016 to 2017, if not more. Consider the fact they're doing this WITHOUT a good TV slot, they're on TV in Japan on what, Sunday morning at 2 AM or something? Now, all they need is a better timeslot and a good TV contract, similar to what WWE has with the USA Network except obviously, proportionally smaller and they'll be in a fucking magnificent position.
>>
>>3012748
How does this prove the industry is t dying?
>>
>>3013005
>>3012949
>>3012991
>>3012748

While I don't believe that wrestling as a whole will ever undergo a boom period like that again (WWF, WCW, NJPW, AJPW all benefiting from the boom), I DO believe that NJPW is having their own boom period, in and of itself and it's directly benefiting ROH the same way that WCW and WWF benefited from each other. ROH sold out their largest crowd and it didn't even take them long to do it, compared to a few years ago when ROH couldn't draw 800 fans to a bingo hall with tickets on sale for months to selling out a 5,500 seat arena in less than a day, it's not even fucking close. I would BET MONEY that PWG would be selling out 10,000 seat arenas with ROH/NJPW stars (Who already appear on PWG shows), if they weren't so fucking stubborn and moved out of that goddamn Bingo Hall already, they'd be benefiting JUST as much as ROH does. WWE is falling hard, enthusiasm for the product is way down, attendance is way down, merchandise is way down, in fact, there are more Bullet Club and NJPW merchandise in WWE crowds than WWE merch, Summerslam which used to sell out weeks in advance, isn't even close to being sold out with only 5 days remaining, profit margins are pitiful, the only thing keeping the company alive is that ridiculous TV deal they signed a few years ago. NJPW is an extremely healthy product because of the way it's built, it's produced and distributed and they're doing this WITHOUT a TV deal. Can you IMAGINE if they were on primetime TV, Live on a Saturday night each week?
>>
>>3012949
All good points.
>>
>>3012991
To be honest - let's wait for at least a year, maybe two before trying to get a TV deal.
It doesn't make a sense yet. And NJPW weekly show wouldn't make a lick of sense. I would rather have something like once per 14 days get a update of ongoing storylines and put their bigger show on some day. You can filter out lot of tag matches, edit it to keep only those that are important. And also their big shows should be left unedited and broadcasted live AND later the same day.
I am not sure if any TV channel would go for something like that.
>>
>>3013072
AXS does that weekly in the US, so I think something like that in a JP network every once in a while would be feasible.

That said, AXS is extremely happy with their New Japan ratings and renewed the show for like three more years last I heard. I wonder if that show is contributing somewhat to NJ's rising popularity in America right now.
>>
>>3012733
You retard. Know who you're even seething at before you say useless shit.
>>
>>3013090
Maybe it is. Also people will usually turn it on because of JR. So AXS should keep it doing it with JR. But please no more JR on live shows, he doesn't care about non-main eventers, doesn't know them and is shit calling matches he doesn't like.
Whatever you say about YB or anyone else, it is your job as commentator to sell them as the biggest stars. Don't be salty on commentary.
>>
Let me know when a wrestler on the current roster gets this kind of crowd reaction.
https://streamable.com/du687
>>
>>3013133
Everyone in the ring looks like a tough chad bastard, even the short guy. They get a louder pop just choosing who goes first than ANY match in 2017.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.