[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wanted to like it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: g1 finals.jpg (65KB, 620x443px) Image search: [Google]
g1 finals.jpg
65KB, 620x443px
Well Japanamaniacs, after seeing on here for weeks how great NJPW was and how it BTFO WWE and Vince was going out of business I decided to try watching an NJPW match. I chose the finals of the G1 Climax, supposedly a great match according to the Japanime fans of this board.

First, Naito comes out in a suit, OK, he's wacky I guess. Omega comes out with Young Bucks and the announcers try to convince us that Omega is doing some sort of homage to someone with his outfit but he looks pretty much the same I have seen him. Young Bucks never get involved during the match and the announcers make a point to point out that they don't ever get involved in the match. What is the point of them being there?

Speaking of announcers, the announcers were complete shit. I don't know who they are but they suck. (English Commentary)

The match starts and everyone stands around and poses for 5 minutes. They fight for a while outside the ring, then Naito piledrives Omega off a table. That was cool.

They get back into the ring and then for the final 20 minutes or however long this long ass match was they just do the John Cena vs Randy Orton style BIG MOVE! KICKOUT! BIG MOVE! KICKOUT! BIG MOVE! KICKOUT!

Like what the fuck Japanfans, this shit was way too long, boring and the two 160 pound twinks involved would get murdered in 5 seconds by someone like Brock or Strowman.

I don't know why you weebs watch this garbage and I find it insulting that you constantly rant and rave about how it's better than WWE when the match was basically Orton vs Cena with guys who are a foot shorter and 50 pounds lighter.

In summary, fuck NJPW.
>>
>Orton vs Cena
Neck yourself.
>>
File: DHGZN5TVoAI9982.jpg (139KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DHGZN5TVoAI9982.jpg
139KB, 1200x675px
>>3007905
>>
>>3007905
go to bath
have a bed
get sex
>>
Dumb autistposter
>>
File: wwedrone.jpg (31KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
wwedrone.jpg
31KB, 640x360px
LOL. This has to be one of the dumbest posts I think I have ever seen on this fucking board, for an unfathomable amount of reasons, Orton vs Cena, stopped reading there, they can only DREAM they were 1/4th as good as Naito and Omega. Omega is taller than Cena, Naito is about Cena's height, Randy's only a few inches taller than both of them.

Name ONE move in any of their matches better than this one. And keep in mind, this wasn't even one of the top 10 moves in the match. All in all, thinly veiled console war thread.
>>
>>3007905
Obvious b8 but I will say you're right english commentary was fucking abysmal
>>
File: The greatest of all time.png (378KB, 371x420px) Image search: [Google]
The greatest of all time.png
378KB, 371x420px
>>3007937

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/896665960383471616

Forgot to post it.
>>
>>3007939
Why don't they hire JR? He was good for the AJ vs Nakamura match I watched that he called.

>>3007941
That was a cool move but its impact was undone by the trampoline physics of the ring and Omega's Shawn Michaels vs Hulk Hogan selling
>>
File: goats.jpg (149KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
goats.jpg
149KB, 1080x1080px
https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/896665025179521024
>>
>>3007939
Yeah it's utter dogshit. I've started watching New Japan recently and gone with the English commentary to get up to speed with what's going on, but Kevin Kelly is fucking awful.
>>
>>3007905
I will assume good faith. Let me ask you a question - what wrestling you like? Cause why you haven't find the match special as everyone in that arena is probably in your answer.
>>
File: 123456811.jpg (32KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
123456811.jpg
32KB, 599x337px
>>3007939
>>3007950
>>3007960
>he doesn't like BASED Don "Cyrus" Callis
he brings the best color-commentary bantz today. kelly at least knows the movez, history and storylines.
>>
>>3007950
Cause JR is dogshit for calling live matches. Have you heard him during G1 Special in US? he was drunk the first night and didn't care until main events.
I haven't grown up with him, I haven't watched wrestling back then and I started watching japanese wrestling in 05 so I don't have nostalgia for him and he was horrendous.
>>
>anyone taking this butthurt E Drone's post seriously especially after the last three paragraphs
>>
>>3007905
>Japanamaniacs
>Japanime
>Japanfans
>160 pound twinks

>I wanted to like it
Y'know.

Somehow, I doubt that.
>>
>>3007905
Imagine sitting down and taking time out of your to type all this out.
Like, what the fuck.
>>
>>3007957
>legit Kino
>>
>>3007905
As someone who has watched New Japan for nearly a decade, I can confirm that this is a new peak frontier of finisher/kickout spam that has totally cheapened the brand into some indie level bullshit.
>>
>>3007975
Romero was the biggest turn-off for me.
Sounded like a stuttering geek
>>
>>3008900
And the match was about 40 minutes long and the show itself was 4.5 hours with at least an hour of downtime. I just really didn't see what all the hype was about
>>
>>3007905
LITERALLY WHOS? ALL FUCKIN FLIPPY MANLET SHIT
>>
>>3008924
Lots of people jumping ship straight from WWE who are clueless about how wrestling actually woks hyping up some bullshit match because muh kickouts.
>>
>>3008933
YEAH BRO I AGREE
DID YA WATCH TOZAWA VS NEVILLE? THAT WAS WRESTLING TBQH
>>
>>3007905
It really is just one guy who posts all the anti NJPW threads isn't it? Same tone, vocabulary everything any time something negative is said about NJPW.
>>
>>3008940
It's Carter
>>
>>3008937
FUCK OFF FALSEFLAGGER. GETTING MANLETS FROM INDIES WAS THE O N L Y MISTAKE WWE EVER MADE
>>
>>3007939
especially compared to the japanese team for stuff like the nagata sendoff
>>
>>3007950
You just don't understand comedy wrestling. Perhaps you should watch more before commenting about it.
>>
>>3008940
This was the first post I have ever OP on /asp/, just wondering if I was missing something because I had heard such great things
>>
>>3008940
>It really is just one guy who posts all the console war spam isn't it? Same tone, vocabulary everything any time something negative is said about NJPW.

FTFY
>>
Based OP working the autistic weebs into a seething rage
>>
IMO you're missing a lot of the context, the match had numerous callbacks to prior matches and the rest of tournament. For example, when Naito attempted that corkscrew Moonsault it was his old finisher that he 1) hasn't used in at least two years and 2) used to win his last G1 tournament win 2013. Things like that are lost on you if you haven't been keeping up with the promotion.

And I'll also say that not every New Japan match is spot-filled like that one. Some are outright brawls, some are submission fests, it really just depends on the show you're watching and the performers involved.
>>
>>3008940
HOLY SHIT NJPW DRONES FUCKING

S
E
E
T
H
I
N
G
>>
>>3009009
>corkscrew moonsault
>in the final of the biggest heavyweight tournament in the world
This is why I hate Naito.
>>
>>3009015
times change man and so do wrestling styles, I don't know what else to tell you. you're not 'wrong' for disliking it but that's where we are right now. I'm sure someday power-based hoss matches will come back but that's not where we are ATM.
>>
>>3008910
Considering it was his first time doing live commentary I think he did alright.

Unless you've heard Yoshi Tatsu on commentary you have no idea what bad is.
>>
>>3009015
>This is why I hate Naito.
This is also why I hate LU.
If your heavyweights can do standing moonsaults it devalues your tiny guys who do standing moonsaults.
>>
Who owns the Los Igobernables gimmick, CMLL? Like when Chono lead nWo Japan, I'm sure they were paying WCW to use the gimmick, right?
>>
>>3009027
I'm not even into power based hoss-matches, but to me that final was a juniors match, not a heavyweight match.
>>
>>3008961
Comedy wrestling has no place outside the bingo halls. You would never catch a champion doing le epik comedy matches, that's why kenny will never go any higher than his lowcard prop.
>>
>>3007941
>this is the state of heavyweight matches in 2017
Inoki-san has probably died inside seeing what his beloved company he created has become.
>>
>>3007977
18+
>>
>>3007905
Where's your WWE copypasta version senpai?
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.