[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"but muh attitude era"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

File: PicsArt_08-14-07.01.07.jpg (90KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_08-14-07.01.07.jpg
90KB, 1080x1080px
>one hour of talking 30 minutes of wrestling all together
>boring
>overdrawn storylines
>corrupt backstage politics
> fucking soap opera
>dumbed down macho humor
>the oddities
>I choppy choppy your peepee
>zero substance
>jiblets! puppies!
>terrible ppvs
>owen hart
>not caring about concussions
>huruurhur he said fuck
>>
>>3003890
>higest drawing era in history

No need to say more.
>>
>>3003982
fpbp
>>
yeah I wonder why it's not like it was pandering to a bunch of dumbass rednecks and children
>>
"hrawing"
>>
as if drawing power makes it good transformers get a fuckton of money but are still shit
>>
>>3003982
This
>>
File: op is a faggot.jpg (2MB, 4896x3672px) Image search: [Google]
op is a faggot.jpg
2MB, 4896x3672px
This is something you would never see in the attitude era
>>
>>3004222
In wrestling apparently the ideal is to be as much of a mass market casual as you possibly can. /asp/ is weird, you don't get this shit in any other board.
>>
>>3005294
Because that's the only thing nostalgia fags can use to defend their shitty era.
>>
>>3005331
How many bullet club and John Cena shirts do you own
>>
>>3003890
Its OK, you didn't get to grow up watching the attitude era no need to be mad about it
>>
>>3003890
It has some very high highs that are always worth rewatching, and it was overall a lot better than WWE today, but if you actually try to rewatch shit from the era in it's entirity it starts getting exposed as "not as good as I remembered it being". Sometimes the memories should indeed be left alone.
>>
>>3005237
cool picture of a house show, anon
>>
>>3003890
AE nostalgia is what has been keeping wrestling from getting new fans, and without new fans any show is going to slowly die away. It's not the manlets, it's not the charisma vacuums, it's not Vince and it's not the creative, it's the constant attitude by the old fans that the best is already passed and it just keeps getting worse every week. How can you sell your product to a potential new costumer if there's always this feeling that you already missed out on the best?
>>
>>3005603
Have the heard some of the shit vince does and says nowadays?
>>
The best thing about that era was seeing crowds that were entirely invested in the show. Vince has booked his show into such unfathomable depths, he can't even get a godamn crowd, yet alone a crowd that gives a shit. When every building is sold out and every person is holding a sign, something is going right.
>>
>>3003982
Literally everyone was watching wrestling. Stone cold and rock best of all time. No social media shit existed.
>>
File: yuh.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
yuh.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>3003890
Over the past year and a half I've been watching every episode of raw and smackdown plus pay per views from the beginning of 1999, and I can tell you from someone who has fresh memory of both the AE and the Current era, even the weakest episodes from back then were miles more entertaining than any episode of raw, smackdown, ppvs we've got in the past 5 years
>>
>>3006039
This. Started reading watching on the network from around wrestle mania 16 and it was leaps and bounds better than the utter trash put out today.
>>
>>3005569
House shows were sold out in the AE tho.
>>
>>3006039
this
>>
>>3006039
I'm currently in February of 2000, still enjoying it, not regretting it either
>>
File: 1502753380826s.jpg (2KB, 123x125px) Image search: [Google]
1502753380826s.jpg
2KB, 123x125px
People talking about money and drawn power because that's the only thing they have to defend their era when op was obv talking about the shows content itself lmao pathetic
>>
>>3003890
Dude I just watched raw and skipped through half of it, all the commercials, watched about 45 mins in total, half of which was watching my cats play with each other because it was more entertaining, and was still bored to tears. I actually like and enjoy my life but all I thought about was suicide by the time the Hardy/Jordan match was on.
>>3005603
What a horribly wrong post. Nostalgiafaggotry is indeed cancer. I can't think of a worse example than WWE that this would apply to though.
>>
>>3003890
Dude I just watched raw and skipped through half of it, all the commercials, watched about 45 mins in total, half of which was watching my cats play with each other because it was more entertaining, and was still bored to tears. I actually like and enjoy my life but all I thought about was suicide by the time the Hardy/Jordan match was on.
>>3005603
What a horribly wrong post. Nostalgiafaggotry is indeed cancer. I can't think of a worse example than WWE that this would apply to though.
>>
>>3003890
The boom period in the 90s was fuelled entirely by rednecks, hicks and hillbillies that were easily entertained during a period of low quality TV.

With the recession, the majority of rasslin fans couldn't afford it anymore, and buyrates plummeted, kickstarting the slope we have today. WWE became watered down to cater to the next generation, while trash like Duck Dynasty and Honey Boo Boo filled the void of entertaining the retard hillbillies that formed the core WWE fans.

You want to know why wrestling isn't popular? Look at the US economy. Look at the people who voted for Trump. They're angry. They're not making money. They're failures. Just like WWE.
>>
>>3007197
yeah the great recession of '02... you fucking idiot
>>
File: wc1744013.jpg (79KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wc1744013.jpg
79KB, 1920x1080px
>2 & a half hours of just wrestling
>boring
>no storylines
>beta males scared of backstage politics
>humor for children
>the miztourage
>10! 10! 10! 10!
>THE BIG DOG! DEMON KING!!!
>terrible PPVs every 2 weeks
>daniel bryan
>not caring about crowds in the building
>hurrrrr he did a suicide dive
>>
File: 064_RAW_10191998_0063.jpg (90KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
064_RAW_10191998_0063.jpg
90KB, 900x506px
Wrestling will N E V E R be as good as it was during the Monday Night Wars. Deal with it.
>>
>>3007208
>ohhhh my
>>
>>3003890
Edge played second fiddle to Gangrel.

John Cena would have been a european champion(equivalent to US title today) at best.
>>
>>3007208
BASED
>>
File: Giphy (1).gif (32KB, 540x555px) Image search: [Google]
Giphy (1).gif
32KB, 540x555px
>>3007208
LMFAO!
>>
>>3007197

wrestling was mainstream, big dog. Their demo was as wide and diverse as it could be. For just a few years, wrestling was cool. Way more people watching than hicks and hillbillies.
>>
>>3003890
how many people were watching during the Attitude Era? what was their profit intake? what were the buyrates?

Attitude Era numbers BTFO any criticism
>>
The attitude era for me was made by the great crowds, JR's commentary and McMahon vs. Austin. The wrestling wasn't that good, it greatly improved in the ruthless aggression era.
>>
>>3007213

DAMN, JR looks like THAT?
>>
>>3005553
That's because you already know what happens, how the storylines turn out, who wins the title and when, who turns face/heel, etc

Of course it's not going to be as good as watching it when it was actually happening and you didn't know what was going to happen
>>
>>3003890
Nitro was better from 1996-1998. Both were miles ahead of what we have now
>>
>>3007203
Well, it was around 2001 that the boom period that started in the Clinton era ended. Unemployment went up for the first time in years, and thanks to a wide variety of economic events that first showed signs around that time, the redneck hillbilly types started getting poorer.
>>
>>3008087
Slick Willy is an all time GOAT heel framing based W for a recession
>>
>>3008143
>implying this had anything to do with politics and not economics
Fuck off, /pol/
>>
>>3008177
Ding-Dong Diddlyseething
>>
>>3003890
You sound like a huge fucking pussy to me.
>>
>>3008087
>unemployment went up and rednecks got poor
>this must be a recession
back to school kid, everything was going great until W and the republicans billy gunn'd their push
>>
>>3008210
Of course you are seething. Get some help.
>>3008237
Nah, for example manufacturing productivity going up while it's unemployment going down isn't politics related. It's just how economics go. Fwiw I am not that other anon who called it a recession since it's not, but things like this and banks giving loans to whoever they felt like it around that time fucked particularly those kind of towns from where a ton of WWE fans used to and to some extent still come from. This only takes into account those guys though. I personally think that wrestling lost its mainstream relevance just like many other things have. Nothing stays big in the realm of pop culture forever. This has nothing to do with muh "things were better back then" crap.
>>
>>3003890
>one hour of talking 30 minutes of wrestling all together
Which is exactly how it should be and why it worked. You have to draw me to actually care about the big match and that doesn't happen if you try to do it by showing the same boring match five times a week and then doing it again the next week.

There's a reason why people don't give a fuck about WWE while they care about Mayweather vs. McGregor which is hours and hours and weeks and weeks of talking for a match that will last ten minutes.
>>
File: choppy.gif (3MB, 440x266px) Image search: [Google]
choppy.gif
3MB, 440x266px
Oddities were fun for what they were and the ICP theme was sick.

Choppy choppy pee pee was based
>>
>>3006245
>posts the gayest, most talentless, faggot who is also mentally retarded in a very boring unfunny way
>>
>>3007197
There is not a single person that did not Personally Connect to the Stone Cold Vs Mcmahon rivalry, the satanic undertaker, the hardcore mankind in some way or the other.

AE had UNIVERSAL appeal. The flippy shit manlet wrestling right now does not. Indy wrestling is utter cancer and needs to be wiped out.
>>
>>3008792
The wrestling style is horrendous considering everyone works the same exact type of matches but it's the lack of personality that is really killing the company. Bland personalities, no good feuds or story lines, and completely abysmal atmosphere.
>>
>>3007197
The fuck are you talking about
>>
>>3003890
>fucking soap opera
Modern WWE could learn from it.
>the oddities
were worth watching it for.
>zero substance
Same as today.
>terrible ppvs
Same as today.
>boring
Same as today.
>I choppy choppy your peepee
Still makes me laugh.
Everything's pretty much correct, though. It was only great because it was so stupidly entertaining.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.