[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is cutting a good promo a lost art?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: Onthemic.jpg (61KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Onthemic.jpg
61KB, 600x400px
>WWE Wrestlers do not get 'guidance' regarding their gimmicks so much as they are told what they will be
>WWE is very strict regarding what they can say during a promo and how they will present themselves
>WWE tries to create shitty catchphrases for their wrestlers
>WWE expects their performers to not be complete and utter shit on the mic

Where can I get my hands on what they are smoking at WWE Creative and how much do you think it would run me for a hit?
>>
>>2998458
Corporate culture. Micromanagement. It's just part of the WWE these days, which is probably why they're so creatively stagnant. There are probably only a couple of wrestlers not named HHH left that can go out and say whatever they want and whatever they think will work best.
>>
>>2998458
Nobody does anywhere. Too much introverts and their secularism.

With Nwa dead it's even harder to develop them. Remember Bince poached guys from who learned their craft from the Nwa and Awa.

And the new guys still suck doing or so outside of Wwe as well.
>>
File: p8.png (1005KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
p8.png
1005KB, 1366x768px
>>2998458
wrestlers are given scripts now. back in the day wrestlers had to cu their own promos so yes. The last days of wrestlers having no scripts was WCW Monday Nitro. Guys like CM Punk wouldn't be able to cut it in the unscripted no handcuffs environment against likes of Kevin Nash and Scott Hall.
>>
>>2998497
This is why people think Haitch is great on the mic, he has the freedom and sounds like the GOAT compared to the restricted rest
>>
>>2998526
Scripts are old but only the annoucers had them in wwf.

Around the early 00s they came in.

Before you only had bullet points and plot notes. No actual written promos.

Rock did had written promos before everyone but that was exception to the rule. Plus he really doesn't need them.
>>
>>2998563
WWF had scripts for SNME in 80's but besides that it was just booked by bookers (mostly Vince, Pat, Prichard).

Scripts came in when Vince Russo was put on creative team in 1997. Russo was the first writer not a booker. Russo wrote TV and just gave bullet points for promo unless guy needed scripts bc they couldn't talk. Russo likes wrestler to be able cut their own promos which is why he allowed guy like Scott Steiner to say what he wanted in WCW and TNA.

WWE for past 15 years micromanages the shit outta everything. Talent have little to no freedom.
>>
>>2998598
You can blame that on Step. Proving women are the downfall of things.
>>
>>2998556
>sounds like the GOAT
his last promos had been complete trash
>>
File: thesnake.jpg (2MB, 2500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
thesnake.jpg
2MB, 2500x2000px
>>2998458
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x47xgu

at one point in time this motherfucker right here was delivering these babies... wtf happened
>>
File: IMG_2486.gif (1MB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2486.gif
1MB, 245x245px
Who helped wrestlers with their promos before Dusty did? Anybody know? Shame Punk won't come back in any capacity because they'd surely use him as a tutor for promos IMO
>>
>>2999188
Punk was pretty average all things considered, the pipebomb was a rehearsed work
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.