[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Resonating with the Western crowd.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 10

>G-g-gook wrestling wi-will n-never app-appeal to an Am-american audi-audience

So the Young Bucks recently announced they'd hold a Q&A for Being the Elite on their Twitter. Within 2 hours, they skyrocketed into the #2 trend WORLDWIDE, becoming the 2nd most talked about trend in the WORLD behind what I presume to be a bunch of Pajeets tweeting about Bollywood Music or K-pop or something. Their merchandise has posted RECORD NUMBERS for Hot Topic stores, not only helping Hot Topic reach record sales as a retailer but resulting in NJPW and Hot Topic partnering up to sell LIJ and NJPW Logo merchandise. Hot Topic has sold out of Bullet Club merchandise 4, sometimes even 5 times after restocking, so much so that ProWrestlingTees and other online retailers are barely able to keep up with the demand that Hot Topic and Hot Topic customers are asking of them. Being the Elite has just hit 120,000 subscribers and the number increases by the day, the channel exploding and spreading like wildfire, will reach 1,000,000 subscribers in no time. They sell out arenas and convention centers in HOURS, if not MINUTES, wherever they go (Chile, Chicago, Ireland, Japan, Montreal, California, New York City) so much so that the phrase "Thanks for the house, Young Bucks/Kenny Omega!" has become some sort of tongue-in-cheek joke amongst Indy wrestling circuits. These are what the new generation's superstars look like, /asp/. The reason you're confused by them is because you haven't seen wrestlers this hot in a very, very long time.

You always say about how NJPW will never draw in the states. All you talk about is how gook wrestling will never resonate yet for an event that occurs at 2:30 AM EST, they sure didn't have trouble becoming by far the most talked about event, beating out the #Charlottesville controversy. All I'm seeing is evidence of the contrary, NJPW is really knocking it out of the park right now while WWE is struggling just to stay afloat.
>>
>Fat smarks tweeting at 4 AM means New Japan is relevant

Get real. WWE gets hundreds of thousands of tweets during Raw, not to mention PPVs.
>>
File: cryingwojak.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
cryingwojak.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>2998133
NOOOOOOO

>>2998137
T-THIISSS
>>
File: Kenny omega's twitter appeal..png (2MB, 1687x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Kenny omega's twitter appeal..png
2MB, 1687x1440px
https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=g127&src=tyah

If you don't believe me, here are the LATEST tweets for #G127, I'll even link it to you. Please note how these tweets are NOT in Japanese, they are in English. Also note how often the tweets pour in, keep in mind that the event ended almost 12 hours ago yet people are STILL tweeting about it. And last but not least, check out the unanimous and extremely positive feedback. In fact, I challenge all of you to find 3 negative tweets before giving up and doing something you know you can actually accomplish like microwaving a Hot Pocket.

It really, REALLY sounds like they're striking a chord with western audiences, something you claim they are incapable of doing and never will do. Want to put your money where your mouth is? The link's right there, boys. Go on, tell us what you find! ;)
>>
who cares nerd
kill yourself
>>
File: GOATNITA.jpg (25KB, 243x350px) Image search: [Google]
GOATNITA.jpg
25KB, 243x350px
>>2998205

t. Pussy who's afraid of taking me up to the challenge and bringing back some Twitter posts even after I hand him the link on a silver platter.

I believe I've made my point.
>>
>>2998133
Anyone who watched puroresu before 2010 knows it won't exceed 6000 in the states. It would need more gaijin overload as Kidani said. Plus networks don't want wrestling anything on tv.
DragonGate japan failed.

Fucking Nu-Japan droids.
>>
>>2998133
I don't even care about NJPW, its you obnoxious faggots
>>
>mention Roman reigns Twitter
Lel social media doesn't matter
>NJPW Twitter
Based social media
>>
File: 1500820978810.jpg (106KB, 724x717px) Image search: [Google]
1500820978810.jpg
106KB, 724x717px
>>2998293
>Indian and Middle East followers.

Makes you think.
>>
Those tweets were on the hardcam side, they don't count.
>>
>>2998133
I was in a recording session all night with a very well known producer. At around 2 am the session shut down so all these people could see what I was bugging out on on my phone. By the end of Naito and Omega I had people asking me where to buy LIJ shirts and when they would be in the USA. Shit is mainstream now
>>
>>2998133
The problem with twitter shit is that it is the same thing that Vince and Co do: justify their flagging popularity by pointing to social media engagement.

Hell, even WWE PPV's end up being the number one trending things and they always love to harp about that at the time its happening.

Whats more important is context and money. The reason why they are doing well is because they are putting on dynamite matches with logical booking and story telling. This leads to rising social media engagement, but its the product itself that is drawing the dimes.

In contrast, WWE might be something people tweet about, but watching the match segments on youtube is actually driving people away from their television product.
>>
>>2998392

>role playing this hard
>>
>>2998133
JAPANESE ARE EVIL AND GAY FUCK YOU
>>
>>2998273

A show with one name just did 5000, but you posing as an old-wise poster claim that the impossible number is 6000...

Then you compare current NJPW with Rainmaker, Omega, Naito, Tanahashi, Ibushi, the over factions, etc.... to Dragonsgate...

Dude just stop.
>>
File: image.jpg (165KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165KB, 1080x1080px
>>2998133

HOLY FUCKING BASED
>>
File: kenny.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
kenny.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
GOAT
>>
File: Antonius_Muhammed_L'Inoki_III.jpg (27KB, 387x350px) Image search: [Google]
Antonius_Muhammed_L'Inoki_III.jpg
27KB, 387x350px
This happened with Lucha Underground. Just a bunch of clueless nerds hopping on the latest bandwagon like they do with everything they're told to. Just a bunch of soyboys with no critical thinking ability that will buy overpriced t-shirts and plastic crap as long as the 'cool' logo they recognise is plastered on it.

Soon they'll leave for the next hot-topic and we can go back to enjoying New Japan in peace, though I think the damage has been done and the company isn't going to back down from it's gimmicky sports-entertainment style that it's adopted to appeal to these people.

Fuck Nu-Japan fans.
>>
File: njpw.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
njpw.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>2998133
>>
File: FUCKING BASEDD.jpg (37KB, 800x445px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKING BASEDD.jpg
37KB, 800x445px
>>3000519

cringe
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.