[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

7 DAYS , how real is the hype?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 10

File: WWE_Summerslam_PPV_Logo-7.jpg (36KB, 680x382px) Image search: [Google]
WWE_Summerslam_PPV_Logo-7.jpg
36KB, 680x382px
7 DAYS , how real is the hype?
>>
non-existent
>>
Literally zero hype for this shit.
>>
I gotta be honest, after having watched G1 Climax and especially that fucking Final, it's gonna be hard for Summerslam to match up in my eyes.
>>
>>2996400

WOAT.

Lmao this is the worst time to make a SummerSlametty thread. E going down kid.
>>
>>2996409
>it's gonna be hard for Summerslam to match up

It's laughable to even think about it. WWE is all about the "spectacle" rather than giving you great matches. Enjoy the Nicki Minaj concert.
>>
>>2996400
This will blow it out of the fucking water
>>
>>2996400

>Summerslam
>Hype

The Real Hype is the G1 and Mofo Tetsuya Naito!
>>
>>2996421

The only good thing about it is going to be Adam Cole's debut (if done right)
>>
>>2996400
Not hyped at all but might still watch because its a big 4 ppv
>>
>>2996419
They say they're about the spectacle and 'moments' but then they skimp out on the build to said 'moments' by giving no fucks about continuity.

For example. Finn Balor won the title but had to give it up because Rollins injured him. When he comes back after months out, not only does he not get a rematch, he and the guy who injured him team up in tag team matches.

It's like they have no idea that in this era where Game of Thrones is the most popular show, continuity and consistency in plotlines matter. Even if they happen over the course of several years. How can your 'moment' feel special if the fans are conditioned by your booking to believe that nothing matters ever because it can always just be erased?
>>
File: 1497894765552.png (378KB, 552x452px) Image search: [Google]
1497894765552.png
378KB, 552x452px
>>2996421
>mfw asuka kicks out of the eclipse

the only thing i'm looking forward to at takeover.
>>
>>2996400
I'm excited, I enjoyed the end of the G1 but I'm ready to get back into WWE
>>
only watching bc of my boy jinder getting fucked by nakameme
>>
>>2996443
Same desu
>>
File: naito-wat2.gif (2MB, 245x300px) Image search: [Google]
naito-wat2.gif
2MB, 245x300px
>>2996442
You had me until you mentioned Game of Thrones.
>>
>>2996400
Main event if the only thing on the card that interests me and because its WWE, even that will turn out to be shit
>>
>>2996421
lmao what?
literally who are these people?
>>
>>2996442
Except game of thrones has a lot of illogical plotlines that aren't really consistent, but I generally agree with your point
>>
The fatal 4 way will be the best of this year
4 alphas going to destroy eachother, what do you want more than that? Fucking manlets doing flippy shit or spamming every wrestling move possible in 1 hour zzzzzzzzzzzzz match just cause of muh meltzer stars?
The rest of the card is pretty disappointing
>>
>>2996442
This. It just kills the legitimacy of the payperview and whatever that happens during it
>>
>>2996478
>>2996458
It's not a show I'm really into, just an example of the kind of long term storytelling that gets over today. people watch that show because the plot has been building for about five years and they're only now getting the payoff.

WWE doesn't have anything like that, things like 'Charlottes PPV streak!' and 'this is Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens last match!' just get thrown to the side at a whim and are never mentioned again. The fans get used to that and it makes the 'moments' Vince is obsessed with feel unimportant.
>>
>>2996484
>manlets
>okada is taller than everyone in the 4 way except for braun
>>
>>2996541
No, he's only taller than Samoa Joe
Both Bork and Roman are 6'2''(actual height), I doubt the gook is taller than them
I also didn't say anything about Gookada or Obeta(Obeta is a manlet though) being manlets, but spamming every wrestling move in 1 hour match and the getting le stars from some journalist
>>
>>2996554
>obeta
Funny enough that if you used your brain, you would have realized that omega is already worse than beta.
Try some of these next time
>omegay
>omemega
>omegass
>>
>>2996421
Lame ass card. It's a shame that even Takeovers are shit now.
>>
>>2996507
>people watch that show because the plot has been building for about five years and they're only now getting the payoff.
No they fucking don't. They talk about it but that ain't why they watch.
>>
>>2996421

Horrible card.

Roode is so fucking vanilla and boring outside of his entrance, so of course they pair him up with another boring vanilla babyface in Drew.

Gargano should be facing Ciampa (RIP) but instead is stuck with Almas who is way too talented to be the jobber he is now.

People will realise what in ring gods DIY and The Revival were once Sanity/AoP stink the building out

No one gives a shit about Ember Moon. If she wins it'll be a total wet fart of an end to a too long title reign.

Even Pete Dunne couldn't save this shit.
>>
>>2996400
Don't give a shit. Won't even watch unless my buddies want to get together for it.

>>2996421
This. There's three potential 4* matches on this card.
>>
>>2996429
Another generic indie shitter is nothing worth getting excited over
>haha he said baybay xD so cool
>>
File: DFLn-ISVYAAwLqV.jpg (62KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
DFLn-ISVYAAwLqV.jpg
62KB, 600x400px
>>2996400
What hype? The G1 already ended!
>>
>>2996585
They aren't. The worst Takeover ever was still a 6/10 show
>>
>>2997223
>people don't watch Game of Thrones to finally see the Whitewalkers and the Dragons fucking shit up

Wow what did Anon mean by this?
>>
>>2997236
>No one gives a shit about Ember Moon
The thousands of people chanting her name in Orlando would disagree. She's over whether weebs want to admit it or not
>>
>>2997236
Ember is more popular than fatgooka is
>>
theyre gonna have to call up Nash if they want dimes
>>
>>2997236
If Aska loses is she going to Smack to be with the other jap
>>
>>2996400
I am just hyped to see Nakameme's entrance.
>>
>>2997285
nope. vince doesn't want that gook around
>>
>>2996421
>Even Pete Dunne couldn't save this shit.
Is there even a UK title match?
>>
>>2997272
Big sexy comes out and helps big cass
>>
>>2997223
Yes they do you absolute fucking retard.
>>
Very hype for Usos-New Day

I hope that's first so I can just watch that and shitpost for 3 hours until the main event and start watching again assuming tozawa-neville is on preshow cause I also want to see that
>>
I'd be looking forward to that fatal 4 way if Reigns wasn't in it. I can only hope that Joey Samoey wins.
>>
Summerslam always seems so meh considering it's right after the G1
>>
>>2997350
spoiler: he doesn't. brock wins
>>
>>2997248
Sarcasm, numbskull.
>>
File: miz.jpg (26KB, 226x290px) Image search: [Google]
miz.jpg
26KB, 226x290px
>look up card
>7 of the matches are rematches we've seen on other ppvs or free tv multiple times
>>
>>2997350
roman's just like a big cold wet blanket on everything he touches, isn't he?
>>
File: Braun-Strowman-Shouting-Awl1019.jpg (77KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
Braun-Strowman-Shouting-Awl1019.jpg
77KB, 768x768px
>yfw Drawin' Strowman wins
>>
>>2997458
>I said something stupid, better pretend I was being 'sarcastic' to save face
>>
>>2997486
It's not so much he's in it, but I can just feel the disappointment already when he wins it. Of course he might not, but he's been on a losing streak against Strowman, so it isn't looking good.
>>
File: 1485830148259.png (264KB, 551x356px) Image search: [Google]
1485830148259.png
264KB, 551x356px
>>2996443
>>2996455
>these retards think ember moon isn't winning clean as a whistle with a single eclipse

seriously looking forward to your seething, impotent rage when she becomes the new champ. fedoras won't know what the hell to do with themselves and it will be fantastic.
>>
I am cautiously hyped for it. I want to see Nakamura win the WWE belt.
On the other hand, I hope Lesnar retains.
>>
>>2996400
name things that could go wrong in this show
>>
>>2997594
Why are you so mad? I've seen you babbling about fedoras and shit in response to every single post about that match
>>
>>2996400
There is far too much shit on the card. Why are there even matches on it, that aren't title matches.

WTF cares for Wyatt vs. Balor or Cass vs. Big Show?
>>
>>2997774
Autism I think. He's taking the result far more seriously than the people he's accusing of ''seething''. I'll be okay with either woman winning.
>>
I'm exciting for Takeover. Not so much SummerSlam.

>>2996421
Only thing I'm questionable on is AoP because this'll be their first big test without Revival or DIY. Everything else here looks fucking solid.
>>
>>2996400
None really, I guess. I can't remember what the main event is. Nakamura and Jinder? I don't really know or care what feuds are going on, it's all been a blur of blandness, and I've been tabbed out of most of it for the last month and only catching bits and pieces of audio. I'm sure AJ will fight Owens or someone, that should be fine.
>>
>>2997802
>No need to get all euphoric and neckbeardy about it.
>posts on /asp/
wew lad, have I got some bad news for you.
>>
>>2997901
>everyone on 4chan is a neckbeard except me
Cringe. Worst meme. This shithole isn't a secret club anymore.
>>
File: Summerslam tickets 2.png (256KB, 1435x812px) Image search: [Google]
Summerslam tickets 2.png
256KB, 1435x812px
How the fuck are you going to make a summerslam thread on a NJPW board? No one cares, NO ONE does, you saw NJPW DOMINATE this board and decided to get people talking about your shitty, trashy PPV that most people even forgot was happening.
>>
>>2998084
Hey look shouty tryhard Jdrone is here again
What am i saying, he never leaves
>>
SummerSlam sucks cause it's all matches we've seen before.

Takeover sucks cause it's random matches with not enough build.

WWE needs to find that comfy zone in the middle!
>>
Literally not a single match on the show I want to see, so I am skipping it this year. 6 hours is beyond the pale of me watching a wrestling show anyways. It's a good thing that Network has WCW/ECW or I wouldn't have it.
>>
>>2996400
Pretty meh, I don't have high expectations for this Summerslam, but I have a nagging feeling I might see something magical.
>>
>>2997473
Just like modern njpw.
>>
>>2997248
Based night king working westeros into a shoot
>>
>>2998140
Nor do you. You're always here reeeing at him
>>
>>2996400
hype for summerslam is 0, and game of thrones next sunday is going to be fucking good I think I wont watch this summershit
>>
No hype for this weak ass card
>>
>>2996400
I cancelled my network subscription and my service ends a few days before SummerSlam. No fucks given, I've completely given up on WWE.
>>
File: anon.jpg (28KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
anon.jpg
28KB, 601x508px
>>3000257
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.