[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people give a shit about how many stars Meltzer rates

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: pepe28.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
pepe28.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
Why do people give a shit about how many stars Meltzer rates a match?
The only thing that really matters is how many dimes were drawn
>>
>>2995519
Why do you care
>>
>i dont watch a company for tue great matches
>i watch it for the money thats making the company to which i see none of
>>
>>2995519
>Why do people give a shit about how many stars Meltzer rates a match?
I assume to find matches they might like, esspecially if they find that their tastes align with Dave's.
>The only thing that really matters is how many dimes were drawn
I really doubt people watch a match and think "Yeah this is good and all but I really need to see the gate for this show before I can start enjoying myself"
>>
>>2995519
There's a surprising amount of people not comfortable in their own opinion or who think stuff like this is objective, not subjective.
>>
>>2995534
Learn to english
>>
>>2995723
These people enjoy being a sheep, it's makes them feel like they're a part of some special kliq
>>
>>2995723
Very few things is sadder when I see somebody debating which wrestler and they bring out the DAVE card. Dude defend your opinion without the need to run to Dave.
>>
>>2995534
/thread
you "muh dimes" idiots are pathetic
>>
>>2995534
>>2996556
Wrestling was at its most exciting and fun when it was drawing a shit ton of dimes. You nerds masturbate over star ratings in boring products (WWE and NJPW) whilst crowds and audiences in the late 90s were peeing their pants and flipping out in ecstasy over entertaining as fuck 3 minute Goldberg squash matches
>>
>HURRR THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS HOW MUCH MONEY THE COMPANY MADE EVEN THOUGH I GET 0% OF IT

God wrestling fans are fucking stupid.
>>
>>2996559
>Wrestling was at its most exciting and fun when it was drawing a shit ton of dimes.
And? It's not doing so well anymore
>You nerds masturbate over star ratings in boring products
I don't give a flying shit about Meltzer's ratings, I rate matches in my own mind
>whilst crowds and audiences in the late 90s were peeing their pants and flipping out in ecstasy over entertaining as fuck 3 minute Goldberg squash matches
Yeah, and we've seen that already, way too many times so it's boring to most of the people.
>>
>>2996559
I need help /asp/, I was enjoying a match the other day but then I found out that the event did a subpar gate! What is wrong with me?
>>
>>2996563
>And? It's not doing so well anymore
Exactly my point.

>I don't give a flying shit about Meltzer's ratings, I rate matches in my own mind
When did I mention Meltzer?

>Yeah, and we've seen that already, way too many times so it's boring to most of the people.
You missed the point. Most of the most entertaining and memorable matches and moments in wrestling were actually technically not very great matches when evaluated like so many smark nerds evaluate matches (either by Meltzer's ratings, or ratings in their own mind)... but on the other hand they WERE great drawers of dimes (and would have been even if the audience knew ahead of time that it wasn't going to be a "great" match by smark standards)
>>
It's just a smark thing. No casual fan give a fuck about 'workrate' and 'match quality'. They don't analyze matches from move to move. They just want to see compelling storylines and characters, be entertained. Thats where the emphasis should be to draw the masses.
>>
>>2996581
There's no such thing as a casual fan of wrestling.
>>
>>2996598
There used to be when they appealed to them with larger than life characters and compelling storylines (80s and Attitude Era)
>>
File: pepe25.jpg (6KB, 200x193px) Image search: [Google]
pepe25.jpg
6KB, 200x193px
>>2995534
>i like watching matches in high school gyms where the crowd is literally silent
>>
>>2997419
Small venues are sometimes the loudest desu
>>
>>2996628
Yeah well it's not the 80s and 90s anymore, despite you nostalgia fucks constantly moaning and refusing to accept that.
>>
>>2995519
>implying either of those things matter
Why do you care more about how much money a company makes than how much you enjoy their product? How much of a cuck can you be?
>>
>>2995519
It's a meme
A joke
>>
>>2996559
It wasn't fun because it was drawing money. It was drawing money because it was fun. I don't care how large the WWE is now or how much revenue they turn, their shows are boring.
>>
File: 1501288793255.gif (3MB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
1501288793255.gif
3MB, 540x300px
>>2996568
Wow dude I don't think you can post here anymore
>>
File: P A C K E D.jpg (461KB, 1198x1599px) Image search: [Google]
P A C K E D.jpg
461KB, 1198x1599px
>>2997419
>i like watching matches in near empty arenas where the crowd is literally playing candy crush on their phones
>>
File: 1501535543279.gif (999KB, 364x337px) Image search: [Google]
1501535543279.gif
999KB, 364x337px
This reminds me of when moviefags start gloating about how big of a box office draw their capeshit is. YOU'RE NOT SEEING A SINGLE CENT OF THAT MONEY SHUT UP
>>
>>2995519
Don't give two shits how much dimes are drawn. Sure, I like big budget sets and all, but the only thing that really matters is whether or not I enjoyed it. Bonus points if I laugh, get goosebumps, or am on the edge of my seat. That's what I want out of pro wrestling.
>>
>>2996559
So because wrestling was exciting and made a lot of money in the past, wrestling now can't be exciting unless it's making a lot of money.

Correlation isn't causation, dude.
>>
nobody but you people who get upset over your imaginary meltzer worshipping bogeymen care about meltzer's snowflakes. hate to break that to you.
>>
>he doesn't pick based big dog over some flippy gook
>he doesn't pick a based marvel movie over some pretentious shit flick
>he doesn't pick based mcdonalds over some shitty indie restaurant with michelin stars

how to spot the autist
>>
It's just a tool to shitpost
>>
>>2997720
>based mcdonalds
You went too far.
>>
>>2996559
>back in MUH day

I swear you oldfucks need your own nostalgia forum to jerk each other off in.
>>
>>2997720
Trying too hard
>>
>>2997620
>what is a dark match
still a bigger draw than the typical ROH NJPW show
>>
>>2997620
>what is a dark match
still a bigger draw than the typical ROH NJPW show
>>
>young bucks called Kevin Nash to ask permission to use his gimmick
They are the rick and morty XD of wrestling.
>>
>young bucks called Kevin Nash to ask permission to use his gimmick
They are the rick and morty XD of wrestling.
>>
what I really hate is the faggots that rate matches like anyone cares what star rating some random obese cheeto encrusted neckbeard gives a match "Oh, I went 4.75 on Omega vs. Naito. it wasn't perfect because I spilled fanta on my keyboard and missed the finish"
>>
>>2997720
Neither the midget gook nor muh BBD is involved in an interesting storyline, this is the problem.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.