[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everyone in the G1 is injured

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: magoo.jpg (11KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
magoo.jpg
11KB, 275x183px
>Everyone is hurt. Nobody has missed one match. Many are keeping their injuries secret. Tanahashi is working through a right biceps tear. Naito has a right shoulder problem, that got bad with matches with Zack Sabre Jr. and Togi Makabe, the latter where, in it playing no part of the match, he was clearly in a lot of pain. He’s said to be a little better going into the Tanahashi match, and potential final match with Okada or Omega. But he’s likely got his two hardest bouts to come. Yuji Nagata, at 49, the oldest wrestler in the tournament and perhaps the best, was physically wearing down and has back issues. Tomohiro Ishii has a knee issue. Okada may or may not have a neck issue, but in his match with Suzuki, worked like a guy completely banged up and his neck was taped, although it also played into the match. Omega’s neck had stiffened up, and there was a scary moment in his match with Seiya Sanada where he landed almost on the top of his head on the floor when Sanada was out of a position to catch him on a moonsault block on the guard rail. But while it clearly banged him up at the time, apparently he was fine from it after. Evil was knocked silly at least once, if not twice.

This is why nobody outside of Magoo's circle jerk takes Who Japan seriously. Their business model is unsustainable and their product is unwatchable unless you're a Jap or a weeb.

WWE continues to be the cutting edge promotion for performers safety and big dimes.
>>
You're right, OP. btw, I'm really looking forward to Bayey vs. Alexa Bliss and Revival vs. Hardys vs. Gallows and Anderson at SummerSlam.
>>
>>2984745
These fucking manlets just can't handle it
>>
>>2984745
NJPW is retarded if they're letting guys work like that, but WWE isn't that safe either

Anyways, bunch of japanese retards
>>
>>2984745
Good. Maybe Naito and Tanahashi will be forced to retire or get put in the background and some real heavyweights can go on top.
>>
File: bayley hell in a cell.jpg (789KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bayley hell in a cell.jpg
789KB, 1920x1080px
>>2984772
Bayley's shoulder has been hurt since October of last year but wwe just made her keep working until it finally gave out
>>
>>2984789
I know, that's why I said they aren't that safe either
They're still a bunch of japanese retards
>>
>>2984789
Lmao no it hasn't. Her shoulder was fine until the match it fell apart in.
>>
The New Japan wrestlers are willing to kill each other for my entertainment? Awesome! WWE just can't compete
>>
>>2984772
I think they get several weeks weeks off after the final, next events start in September.

WWE makes you work every week.
>>
When it comes to injuries pro wrestling is a lot like American football. You just never100%.
>>
>>2984809
Yeah after sunday NJPW will pretty much stop having shows until September except maybe some live shows or whatever.
>>
>>2984809
This. They got time off after G1 just like the Juniors were after BOSJ, and the healthier and younger guys will fill in. Tag teams are returning as well.

While it's a serious issue, the injuries are just a part of usual cycle. Only some marks here are whining like a clueless retard.
>>
>>2984839
Hopefully the Nu Japan fans will be distracted by some other shiny thing they get told is cool and fuck off for good during that period.
>>
>>2984800
Doubtful. It was probably hurting for a while just not bad enough to stop her from going into the ring. Then she took three bad bumps on it and, whoops.

The G1 chews people up and spits 'em out, but WWE isn't any better in that regard. I think someone figured out the number of dates between WWE and NJPW is roughly the same, but WWE guys have to travel longer over further distances (because, shocker, America is bigger than Japan), work more singles matches and just in general take more bumps over the course of the year. The entire WWE schedule is a fucking meat grinder, but, that's the business.
>>
>>2984867
Yeah business will be pretty slow for the rest of the year, we'll have a couple more PPVs and then the Tag League that nobody cares about. But by January everyone will be back for Wrestle Kingdom.

I dunno, maybe people will latch on to BOLA to keep themselves busy in early September?
>>
>>2984887
There is not a single scrap of evidence that Bayley's shoulder was hurt before last week
>>
>>2984745
Workrate related matches combined with those dates is a disaster on their bodies.

Earlier G1 years ago had matches that was worked safer.
>>
>>2984745
NJPW does just as well in net profit if not better.
Plus Vince is just trying to appeal to normies. I'd rather a specialized product from people actually trying to make interestingly choreographed fights instead 5-12 hours of schlock a week with maybe 1-2 good matches.
>>
>>2985039
No, but you can make an informed guess based on what happened.
>>
Bro their schedule is so much less hectic than wwe it's not even funny. They work through this and then have months to recuperate.
>>
>>2984745
This is probably closer to how real combat athletes train. Before a big fight they kill themselves at camp for 1-2 months and take a break.
They're not half beating themselves up 3 times a week every year.
NJPW probably has less injuries on average too.
>>
>>2985064
Modern Njpw does spots that are career shortening and risky. They certainly work more bumps in their matches when the federation used to be mat-work and limbwork heavy.

They're gonna end up like the Noah heavys, all broken down and replaced faster.

Nu-fans are blood thirsty anyways.
>>
>>2985067
Yeah, it's going to cost them greatly later on.
>>
>>2984782
>implying Tanahashi doesn't lift
>>
>>2984782
agreed. get guys like Cody and Omega to carry the show
>>
>>2985064
>Bro their schedule is so much less hectic than wwe it's not even funny.
>Does 8 or 9 shows for a fucking 16-man tournament
No
>>
>>2985208
It's more shows than that. Even kidnap said they shut cut down.

But nu-fags are retards. Like that slut on Instagram.
>>
>>2985218
You mean Kidani yeah? I've read about that.
>>
File: 1500695263088.png (203KB, 308x266px) Image search: [Google]
1500695263088.png
203KB, 308x266px
>>2984745
muh strong style
>>
>>2985234
It's not safe as used to be. Tanahashi is deslusional if he think it is.

We used to have rosters of workers whose only pain was mild back pain. Now it's downright self crippling for barbaric women and nu males fans.

I like Okada but he is gonna be retired at 39.
>>
>>2985308
Nobody was doing regular elbow strike exchanges pre 2002. Before 2009 it was somewhat still doing working holds and limbs or doing wwe style brawls. Before 2012, safe worked sub finishes still happended.

Now it's many highspots spots and gymnastics, fun to watch but early career ending.
>>
>>2985346
I dunno man, guys like Tanahashi, Kojima and many others have enjoyed lenghty careers working that style. Shibata was the only one who had his career cut short that I can think of.
>>
>>2985354
A few out of many. Even then Tana is broken down. A Indy guy said Mutos only problem is his knees.

Kojimas protects himself from dumb spots unlike Okada who lets omega dragon suplex himself off the turnbuckles.

Njpw is now out working everything but Ajpw 90s and Zenjo Joshi. Even modern Nowah is safer.
>>
>>2985363
>Okada who lets omega dragon suplex himself off the turnbuckles.
Literally just a one time thing, it's not like he's Misawa taking bumps like that weekly.
>>
>>2985368
Mutoh did matches with only 3 highspots atbtimes. Okada and cl does backbumps moves so much it's insane.

Used to be just a rib breaker and two ddts and few weaker spots like bodyslams by shinya , rest is holds and just regular strikes where you sell them.

Now it's like old Noah with just less headdrops.
>>
>>2985354
The way he's held up is awesome but I feel like Tana's post-wrestling life is not gonna be fun.

>>2985428
Honest question, does it look like Okada's gonna drop to Naito at the dome, and if so, will he take some time to recuperate from his ridiculous 2017 at that point?
>>
File: y2j.jpg (25KB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
y2j.jpg
25KB, 480x358px
how about everybody stop bitching about what these guys are doing if they're electing to do it? Americans seem super invested in sticking our noses into other peoples shit and trying to moderate how they choose to operate.
>>
>>2985067
>Dragonzombie

what is this, Toontown Online? Plus you're probably 35+.
>>
Dude, this tournament has been insane... And now everyone wants to work unsafe in this tournament, they should have 12 participants as much.
>>
>>2985540
Dude know his stuff. But you're the casual nu Japan drone.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.