[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's discuss Ajpw or Ajp as it been known as for years.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (82KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 480x360px
The sumo hall show is soon here. Expectations?
>>
File: image.jpg (136KB, 960x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136KB, 960x450px
>>2984467
>>
>>2984467
Everyone here is Edrones or NuJapandroids. They won't have a clue about AJPW.
>>
>>2984467
How is AJPW these days? I really haven't kept up with them since like their 2005 stuff.
>>
>>2984472

Holy shit is that BASED Satoshi Kojima? He's one of my favorites.
>>
I hope they continue their good streak of matches, also hope Suwama wins he is one of /myboys/.

Also, is there any promotion that runs some shows at the nippon budokan or AJPW/NOAH were the last promotions to run shows on it??
>>
>>2984477
That's sad but I guess humans love their feudal vs nature.

>>2984480
Really great. It's more of a straight laced big mans fed at this point. With a ok Junior divison.
Attendances are up again, sponsers everywhere, new bs11 show.

They have many rookies, produce great triple crown matches, working relationships with most indys.

They don't however have much western style angles anymore or heel cheating factions. It's also gaijin low these days.
>>
>>2984486
Kojima and Taichi are both on the show. They have history with Ajpw.

Yoshitatsu is in the Royal Road tourny. Fghting Taijiri in it.
>>
>>2984492
Ajpw quit using the budokan back in the mid 00's. Noahs last show there was the final burning back in 2013.

It's quite expensive to rent unlike Sumo hall.

DDT might try one more time but it's a big if.
>>
>>2984486
Kojima is lowkey a legend and people who only started watching Japanese wrestling recently completely sleep on how incredible he is.
>>
>>2984517
Wasnt Kojima the firs wrestler to hold the Triple Crown and IWGP championships??
>>
File: image.png (110KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
110KB, 1024x768px
>>2984515
Was the last show there for them.
>>
>>2984517
>Betrayed New Japan and turned coat
>Came crawling back when things weren't looking great
>Legend

Sure bud.
>>
Highly recommend this show: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5rK95X3mRiiMm9IUnZpbmlYQ2s
>>
>>2984525
Only man to hold both at the same time. While Muto had one as Muto and the other as Greta muta at the same time.

Most of the Njpw 90s guys are the only ones to win titles across the 3 Feds or tournys.
>>
>>2984531
Actually Njpw sent him there. It's part of the working relationship.
>>
>>2984525
https://streamable.com/ka7rj
For anyone who wants to see how he became both IWGP and Triple Crown champ.
>>
>>2984545
Wow, another one of these false flags.

No one someone could be this new.
>>
>>2984525
Simultaneously, yes. Even though that was due to kind of a screwjob. It turned out that it was a work the whole time but I'm pretty sure the roster wasn't in on it since Nagata, Tanahashi and Nakamura tried to legit beat up Kojima as he left the ring and Kojima had M A S S I V E heat on him.
>>
>>2984545
Nah he and Mutoh weren't having any of Inoki's MMA bullshit so they decided to jump ship to AJPW.
>>
>>2984552
Are you aware promotions send old guys to job, to later ask favours back?

Kojima is still with Njpw.
>>
>>2984553
This. See: >>2984549 for Nagata, Tana, Nakamura getting fucking MAD and Kojima.
>>
>>2984556
I'm talking about 2017, not back then. Get some reading comprehension.

Don't be retarded.
>>
>>2984557
Oh you're talking about that show this year.
>>
>>2984557
Kojima left New Japan for All Japan with Mutoh when he got fed up with Inoki in 2002, before returning in 2010. He's a dirty traitor.
>>
>>2984581
I already knew that, I've been watching before anyone.

Most people are traitors anyway. Suwama and Fuuchi is the only that aren't for Ajpw in history. Even Jun left to to go to Noah.

Ajpw has also spawned the most spin off Feds, Tenryus many promotions, Noah, wrestle 1, the short lived kings road promotion, Akebonos Oudou.
>>
>>2984534
The Korakuen Hall is pretty cool, idk why a lot of people think it looks like a no draw gym.

I love the small arena feel.
>>
>>2984608
>Ajpw has also spawned the most spin off Feds
Are you sure? New Japan has had loads of spin off feds, including MMA organisations.
>>
>>2984608
And that's why All Japan has no sense of identity these days. They're all over the place, and wrestlers come and go.
>>
>>2984623
Most of them aren't spinoffs and most workers stayed loyal until yukes laid them off years ago.

Pay cuts made many left.

Lot of Njpw spinoff Feds was owned by Njpw. Only exceptions are the first uwf and Zero 1.

Uwfi and new-born uwf doesn't count because they are a revival of said system.

But from 2009 to current Njpw, they stopped having splinter Feds.
>>
>>2984626
Well most consider Ajp today as close to Baba's vision in terms of booking. Baba wanted no mixed fights bouts like Inoki.

There's many traditions still kept while Njpw removed every Inoki and even Gotch thing. Ajpw also kept streamers and actual big men in the main event.
>>
File: image.jpg (283KB, 756x1069px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
283KB, 756x1069px
>>
>>2984869
Is that mistico and tiger mask sayama??
>>
File: baba.jpg (28KB, 387x600px) Image search: [Google]
baba.jpg
28KB, 387x600px
>>2984495

>They don't however have much western style angles anymore or heel cheating factions. It's also gaijin low these days.

Sounds perfect. Maybe I need to get back into it.
>>
>>2984941
Also a fun fact is that mick foley wrestle tehre and couldnt get over because his spots were too meh for japanese fans, he got BTFO and became a garbage wrestler.
>>
>>2984901
Yes, caristico is mistico. But that's Black Tiger 7 aka Nosawa Rongai.
>>
>>2984954

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q9UcpmrZew

The bump he takes off Jumbo's lariat at 5:10 is absolutely brutal.
>>
>>2984869
Damn that show looks like it could be fire.
>>
>>2984869
fucking Kai
>>
>>2984967
There's 12 matches. Those are only the 7 big ones.
>>
>>2984869
It must be a cool perk of living in Japan that you can get ringside seats to great cards for $100 fucking dollars lol
>>
They need to put the belt back on Miyahara, it's time.
>>
>>2985365
lol no it's been like a month. He's gonna be chasing Ishikawa for a while.
>>
>>2985365
They've rushed Shuji's title defenses for a reason.. it's totally going back on Miyahara.
>>
>>2985376
>Having your ace lose at your biggest show of the year to an outsider

GOOD IDEA
>>
>>2985381
It's a storyline at least. Plus AJPW rely quite a bit on outside talent at the moment because Akiyama is being careful regarding contracts and money. He doesn't want to rush things.
>>
File: image.jpg (158KB, 647x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158KB, 647x1200px
Full show.
>>
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to this. I've started re-following AJPW since Kento's initial title win. My only issue with them is some of their shows are waaaay too long. 4 hours is pushing it for me and some of these go 5.

Speaking of Kojima, didn't he bail out on AJPW when they were trying to establish Suwama as Ace back in the day? I love his stuff, but he seems kinda shitty irl
>>
>>2985817
He left because he didn't want to job to Suzuki. Plus he rough handles rookies and Irving said he might've molested them.
>>
>>2985795
>Osamu Nishimura
Fucking yes.
>>
>>2985829
>kojima molesting the young boys
pls no. that's not true is it?
>>
>>2985880
Not in a explicit way, more like Jbls gay trolling.

Kojima is homophobic irl.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t4Sa8k7ThSs

Kawada
>>
>>2985888
Oh right, that's fine then. Also isn't it fairly normal for Japanese to be homophobic?
>>
>>2985948
Yeah, they're not liberal on homosexuality or third wave feminism.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.