[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WWE Financials, per Dave Meltzer on WOR.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 14

File: raw ratings decline.png (22KB, 581x367px) Image search: [Google]
raw ratings decline.png
22KB, 581x367px
Wrestling Observer Radio, 8/10/17.

>Dave Meltzer: They had a lot of people cancel subscriptions in Q2 and I'm not exactly sure why. They were asked and they didn't give a good reason. They just said "Well, it's Q2 and people just end up unsubscribing in Q2" which is true but NOWHERE CLOSE to the number as this year. NXT is interesting because... House shows are way down. NXT had 12-13,000 people in Orlando and then they had 8,000 in Chicago so that's 20,000 of 50,000 of the whole quarter, so it makes it look really big. Last year's Takeover shows, it was 9,000 in Dallas and 400 in Full Sail so when you look at it, people say "Oh well the numbers are pretty much identical" and well, they in fact are but there's a big difference when your 2 biggest shows have 20,000 people one year and 9,400 people so NXT is actually down 28%. Usual house show business is steady. Merchandise is way down, most of the other stuff is about where you'd expect. Attendance is way down, ratings are down year-by-year although they have been increasing within the past few weeks. The Network is where the Network is. It had a very disappointing second quarter. As far as the whole 6 month thing, the growth was nowhere near the last two years for before and after Wrestlemania.
>>
File: Torontoooooo..jpg (475KB, 807x1211px) Image search: [Google]
Torontoooooo..jpg
475KB, 807x1211px
>>2984011

>I don't know why but people ask me all the time "Why don't they just put Raw and Smackdown on the Network?" Isn't that the stupidest idea of all mankind? But even if they didn't make a DIME, it would be stupid because where are you going to get new viewers? If you put everything on the Network and everything has to be paid, how do you make new fans? You'll have Youtube and all that but NOW you're talking about having less of a platform to make new fans than Ring Of Honor, if everything's on the Network. I'm not saying that they'd fall to the level of ROH but again, where are you going to make new fans? But even so, even if it wasn't about making new fans, if it wasn't for Television rights fees, this company would be so in debt it's not even funny within like, by literally next quarter, they would be millions in the hole. They need that TV money, that TV money is what's keeping that company alive at this point! Another interesting thing, so the Network, all the Network properties including PPVs, this is for the Wrestlemania quarter, they made 3 million dollars in profit for the quarter which is better than last year and the reason it was better than last year is because they spent 6 million dollars more on original programming than they did in this quarter. So the point of all this is, UFC, in profits for a Demetrius Johnson show does 2.2 million. So UFC for ONE Demetrius Johnson show, and those are BOMBS, those are amongst their worst shows, those shows make almost as much in profit than the WWE does for the past 3 months, through 5 PPV shows including Wrestlemania. So when people say how the move to the Network was such a great idea and having the Network WAS a great idea but I don't know, I've seen so many things and they've made a lot of mistakes and unfortunately they can't go back, they've gone in this direction and they can't go back but these are mistakes that are worth tens of millions of dollars a year.
>>
File: smile.gif (1015KB, 266x261px) Image search: [Google]
smile.gif
1015KB, 266x261px
Pffthahahaha. E-Drones. Your company is SO FUCKED.

>R-R-Record Revenue Roman
>The show's more popular th-than ever
>Better than your g-gook bingo hall out-outlaws

The ONLY reason your company is EVEN ALIVE right now is because the USA Network accidentally paid way more than the company was worth, your company is literally only alive by an accidental overvalue made by a TV Network. Meanwhile, you don't see NJPW having these financial troubles, you don't see NJPW struggling to sell out their shows. Face it, E-drones. Your company is sinking and sinking fast while NJPW/ROH is white-hot and having their best years ever, constantly setting attendance records and selling out quicker than ever before.
>>
>>2984011
>Jewish man makes up fake stories

also

>Citation needed
>>
>>2984031
A fellow Anon posted the WOR a few threads down. It's very interesting, definitely worth a listen. Everyone/anyone should have known WWE's highest amounts of revenue came from their TV deal, but to hear that they would be millions in debt that fast without it is fascinating.
>>
>>2984031

>F-F-FAKE NEWS
>C-C-CITATION NEEDED.

E-DRONES SEETHING, PLUGGING THEIR EARS AND YELLING AT THE TOP OF THEIR LUNGS. LOL. Here's the link if you don't believe me.

http://kiwi6.com/file/4drkp7gd33

Dude, stop. Just admit that your company is in financial turmoil, it's better than just denying and lying to yourself.
>>
>>2984022
You know if you're gonna try and make NJPW look better than WWE I wouldn't throw in cable channels into that comparison, NJPW is on some obscure network few people get nonetheless know about
>>
File: njpw business.jpg (127KB, 907x514px) Image search: [Google]
njpw business.jpg
127KB, 907x514px
>>2984037

Dave Meltzer on NJPW's G1 2017 tour:

>"Business is way up, it's their best business tour of the year and like we mentioned before, business is way up this year. The gates, business for the last three nights are gonna be way, way up because they raised prices significantly and they've sold more tickets than ever before. Now interestingly, the tickets for the last night are all sold out well in advance and they GREATLY increased ticket prices this year. The other two nights are also well ahead of before. And Friday is also sold out and the last time the Friday show in the final 3 has sold out is so far back that I can't even remember, I mean, it would probably be back 20 years, so you know... They're HOT. And the Friday tickets were raised significantly from last year as well which, at the time, was also considered a very strong business tour. Business is great."

Oh, I'm sorry. Should I talk about skyrocketing attendance and merchandise, the Bullet Club, Hot Topic deal making an OBSCENE amount of money, attendance obviously up, what about increasing ticket sales and relevance not only in Japan but all over the globe? Once NJPW locks down FS1 through their connections with Sinclair broadcasting, it's pretty much game over.
>>
If TNA had hired Heyman instead of Bischoff they'd be overtaking WWE this year.
>>
>>2984011
>no source
>>
>>2984043
>revenue decrease happens when Pride gets big
>revenue increase happens when Pride/DREAM dies
But no, lets parrot the narrative that Bushiroad and Tanahashi '''''saved'''' NJPW despite him being on top when they did their worst years.
>>
>>2984011
Kek Asgooka has killed NXT and this is now undeniable fact. How will smarks recover
>>
>>2984089

Hey retard, read the fucking thread. Stop asking to be spoonfed. I literally put it in the OP that this was from Dave Meltzer in today's WOR, I even included the Kiwi link a few posts afterwards. Jesus Christ, are ALL E-Drones incapable of doing anything?
>>
>>2984014
>So UFC for ONE Demetrius Johnson show, and those are BOMBS, those are amongst their worst shows, those shows make almost as much in profit than the WWE does for the past 3 months, through 5 PPV shows including Wrestlemania.
WWE is so pathetic. Death will come soon
>>
>>2984107
Based
>>
>>2984087
Heyman put ECW out of business. Heyman stayed away from TNA because he knew it would expose him "guru of wrestling" gimmick as a sham. He wouldn't have done shit for TNA.
>>
>>2984106
>a Jew who's wrong about 9 out of 10 things is his source

EL OH EL

Kek
>>
>>2984104
Asgooka and that TNA no draw are going to force NXT to move to the Impact zone
>>
>Roman beats Taker at Mania
>Jinder Majal WWE champ

WHY ARE PEOPLE UNSUBSCRIBING I DON'T KNOW

Lol
>>
File: anon.jpg (28KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
anon.jpg
28KB, 601x508px
>>2984122

Here we see a desperate E-drone, nosediving, falling mach speed towards the ground, arms flailing about attempting to grab whatever tree branch he can grab to help break his fall and barely survive with his life before hitting the ground.

>"lel Meltzer is a fake news hack"
>Tries to not only shoot but discredit the messenger in a SEETHING, Autistic rage but deep down, way deep down in his soul, he knows that all of these statistics are facts, they're all TRUE and the WWE is in a really, really dangerous position.

Dude. Just relax, calm down and face the music. You had a good run, think of all the good times. But it's time for your company to pass away, gently in its sleep. It's time for the old guard to shrivel and disintegrate and it's time for a younger, fresher lion to take his place.
>>
File: criiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinger.gif (3MB, 498x279px) Image search: [Google]
criiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinger.gif
3MB, 498x279px
>>2984055
>>2984158

KEK
>>
>>2984043
They only thing NJPW is doing is growing at a larger percentage than WWE. In absolute numbers they are nowhere close to WWE in attendance and would need many more years of the same trend to become noticeable competition. The Hot Topic deal isn't that big of a deal, WWE has been in Hot Topic for awhile and they are in Walmart and Kmart as well. NJPW doesn't even come close to WWE merchandising and to use that argument is just as foolish as comparing cable networks.
>>
>>2984011
>>2984014
>>2984034
Thanks OP gonna give this a listen soon. Pretty sad times for the "big company"
>>
File: wwe ticket sales.png (705KB, 1494x953px) Image search: [Google]
wwe ticket sales.png
705KB, 1494x953px
>>2984318

No problem! Indeed, sad, sad times for "the big leagues".
>>
Can Meltzer cock suckers be banned from this board already?
>>
>>2984368
seething
>>
File: GOOOOOAT.jpg (76KB, 598x398px) Image search: [Google]
GOOOOOAT.jpg
76KB, 598x398px
>>2984368

"Can we silence and censor any negative opinion of the WWE as well as discussion of alternative wrestling products and create a safe space for me and other E-droneys where only good and positive things are said about the WWE 24/7"
>>
>>2984373
OUT Meltzer cocksucker redditor
>>
>>2984373
kek anti-Meltzer e-drones exposed as entitled safe-space needing babies.
>>
File: based gedo.gif (3MB, 305x170px) Image search: [Google]
based gedo.gif
3MB, 305x170px
>>2984376

>E-drone SEETHING.

Aww, you're just upset that the WWE is rapidly nosediving and going out of business, you're just a sad, angry little droney in denial. You can't sell out arenas anymore, no one, NO ONE wants to go to the shows, the ratings are plummeting, Mayweather and McGregor actually turned down an appearance on Raw, merchandise has plummeted, subscribers are unsubscribing in record numbers. Face it, you little faggot. Your company is going under and there is NOTHING you can do about it. Meanwhile, we'll ALL be enjoying glorious NJPW/ROH without you! But feel free to continue throwing your little tantrum, little guy. Get it all out of your system.
>>
>>2984188
>>2984106
Getting worked THIS hard
>>
>HURRRRRRRRR WHERE ARE THE SOURCES

WWE is public company you e cucks
>>
>>2984379
What a fucking loser lmao
>>2984378
>NOOOOO DONT INSULT MUH MELTZY REEEEEEEEEEEEE NOO U EDRONE DONT DO IT HES GOOD NOOO MUH MELTZER FUCKEN EDRONE REDDIT AND MELTZER ARE FUCKEN BASED
>>
>>2984400
imagine getting worked this hard by one guy's opinion on pro wrestling
>>
>>2984011
Dave should stick to speculation and match evaluations. Leave the business analysis to people who understand it. WWE stock is up YTD and YOY. It has a consensus buy rating. I could explain why, but I don't feel like working the cucks.
>>
>>2984400

I don't think I have ever seen somebody THIS FUCKING ANGRY on the internet before. I'd say >SEETHING but you are so far beyond that, it's almost a pity. Youre boiling. You're a blubbering, nonsensical mess because people want to discuss a WRESTLING JOURNALIST on a WRESTLING BOARD about WRESTLING FINANCIALS. Jesus.
>>
>Njpw shill getting blown the fuck out
>>
>>2984254
Notice that no one is trying to refute this, even though it's accurate.
>>
File: rage.jpg (205KB, 620x631px) Image search: [Google]
rage.jpg
205KB, 620x631px
>>2984400
>file photo of this poster captured as he hit Submit;
>>
>>2984425

>E-Drone SEETHING because like the 54 year old WWE fans, the WWE is rapidly dying and will not exist in a few years.

I wonder if the reason the WWE attendances are only half full these days is because the fans who would have gone had a stroke, broke a hip or just died of old age.
>>
>>2984410
>I'll throw out a bunch of acronyms I Googled quickly to make it look like I know what I'm talking about, then proceed to not explain under the guise of "I could explain, I just don't want to."
Way to completely expose yourself
>>
>>2984436
FUMING
>>
>>2984429

Did you also notice E-drones not refuting the VERY FIRST POSTS in this fucking thread regarding the financials and instead sperging out, calling meltzer a hack and just attempting to silence opposition instead of admitting that the WWE has a problem or are you just selective in what you "notice"?
>>
>>2984429
I respect someone's opinion on this board if they prefer njpw to wwe, but if anyone actually believes nj is real competition at this time, that wwe is dying, or that if wwe dies, wrestling as a semi-mainstream form of media doesn't also die, I can't get behind them
>>
>>2984410
>Dave should stick to speculation and match evaluations
Why would someone care what some shitty old stuttering idiot wrestling "journalist" has to say about the matches? He wasn't even a wrestler ffs
I don't get these people, wtf is their problem
>>
>>2984446
They can't attack Meltzer's reporting because he is reporting teh FACTS based on numbers WWE publish in their shareholder statements.
So instead they attack the messenger and do le hera derp Jew stuff about Dave, as though that is some way to discredit him.
E-drones very badly exposed and embarrassed ITT today. Sad!!
>>
>>2984417
You're fake news Meltzy, get out
>>
>>2984451
Do you believe every Sports journalist must be an active participant in the sport they cover in order to be credible?
How about political reporters? Do they also need to be active sitting figures on some form of local or national Government before they have credibility with you?
What about news reporters? How do you find any news reporter credible when they themselves are not actively involved in making the news?
What about business/economic reporters? Do they have no credibility if they are also not in charge of running successful multinational business?
Think about how retarded this logic is when applied to the real world. Then hang yourself for a while.
>>
File: TrumpSupporter.jpg (201KB, 1200x1195px) Image search: [Google]
TrumpSupporter.jpg
201KB, 1200x1195px
>>2984456
>IT'S LE FAKE NEWS I DON'T BELIEVE IT. BASED EMPEROR GOD VINCE TELLS ME THE FACTS
and you have the nerve to call others cucks when that is exactly what you are.
lmao @ ur shit life
>>
File: 1471471977377.png (474KB, 1366x892px) Image search: [Google]
1471471977377.png
474KB, 1366x892px
>>2984014
Vince should add live cameras to the boardroom and stream the negotiations with USA Network, that's the only story line that matters
>>
>>2984254
I don't understand why people always compare when the two will never overtake each other in their own country
Neither WCW or WWF could have overthrown NJPW/AJPW as the top wrestling company for Japan , onoh NOAH could
Even today the WWE can't take over AAA or CMLL's Mexican audience
NJPW's main concern should be to get back to 1990's attendance level and increase revenue and Maybe increase their hold on American Indies, they have zero reason to try to overthrow WWE, if anything both could benefit from mutual relationship
>>
>>2984466
This would actually be the most entertaining storyline of the decade
>>
>>2984458
I was talking about Meltzer rating matches and his shitty stars taken as some fucking facts, not his fake news(Karen alone exposed Meltzer on Twitter saying that story is fake and nothing of that happened between her and Strowman, Meltzer still calling WWE fans
who didn't believe his shitty story a bunch of marks.)
Only a moron like you could compare all those real things you listed with fake fucking wrestling
And google Michelle Carter before you tell some to kill themselfs again, buddy
>>
>>2984461
>you're a trump supporter if call meltzer fake news
Nice photo faggot, I'm 100% sure all the trump supporters look like that, all those models on the internet with maga shirts and hats are all paid and alpha men voted for Hillary who's all about women only and then calls Trump sexist and misogynist
>>
>>2984510
Oops touched a nerve kek
>>
>>2984112
tnn and pay per view put ecw out of business
>>
>nujapan fags are hillary fags
>edrones are trump fags
cringe
>>
>>2984034
Thanks for the link friend.
>>
>>2984470
>Neither WCW or WWF could have overthrown NJPW/AJPW as the top wrestling company for Japan , onoh NOAH could

They could. WWE right now has the money to buy up just about everyone in any company. It's going to be expensive and they probably won't get their money back, but if they start offering big money contracts to all the NJPW guys, they will get them.

Loyalty can only do so much for you when you are making enough to never have to wrestle again.
>>
BASED OP WORKING THE E-DRONES.
>>
>>2985764

No they don't. They're barely making money to fund their own company.
>>
>>2985954
>No they don't. They're barely making money to fund their own company.

They have the money to do it, but it wouldn't do them any real good to minus putting some hurtin on NJPW.
>>
>>2986279
If Vince wanted to destroy Njpw, he could. He also can start up a counter fed in Japan with ease.

It serves him no interest to do so, because he wants to poach off them again for the next decades.

Another thing of note is if Njpw expands outside of Japan, they're going to killed. Dragon gate USA is a dead failure, Roh never grew bigger than ecw. Tna-Gfw are perma jokes.

Asian culture that is Japanese has never really made it big in USA unless it's Chinese. USA also still operates on hierarchy of what folks are in order matter more.
>>
>>2986322

LOL, The only way Vince kills NJPW is if he assassinates or puts a hit on Gedo. As long as this man is booking the shows, the product will only spread and explode in popularity.
>>
>>2986322

>>2986322
>He also can start up a counter fed in Japan with ease.

Vince can't afford to have fireworks at his shows, how the fuck can he afford to start up a whole federation?
>>
>>2986766

Njpw can't even sell out Toyko dome.
>>
File: based KA.gif (2MB, 475x267px) Image search: [Google]
based KA.gif
2MB, 475x267px
>>2986773

>WWE gets blown the fuck out
>"Yeah but what ab-about NJPW th-they can't even sell o-out the Tok-Tokyo Dome"

This has NOTHING to do with NJPW's attendance, he's talking about how the WWE is in NO position to begin a brand new fed to compete for Japan, which is absolutely true if you've seen the state that the company's in. Stop being a fucking faggot and changing the subject.
>>
>>2986322
>Asian culture that is Japanese has never really made it big in USA unless it's Chinese
What the fuck are you talking about?? My Neighbor Totoro, Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away were all huge hits in the US. Dragonball Z is one of the most well-known cartoons in the country, same for Naruto and One Piece.

Hell, even the Korean song Gangnam Style got huge here. Are you even from the US?
>>
>>2984031
>denial
>>
>>2984446
E-drones know WWE has a problem, Jinder is a champion for Christ's sake while the other champion is a part-time wrestler who has been phoning it in while waiting out a steroid ban
>>
>>2986322
Japanese wrestling has its own culture, no one in Japan wants to watch an all white wrestling promotion or even an all Japanese promotion ran by white guys, just like how the inverse of the scenario wouldn't work
>>
Vince could barely afford to start a federation in Canada, fucking Japan really drones? You actually believe that?
>>
>>2986773
>Guy points out WWE furiously cutting costs to the point they can't afford pyro anymore
>E-drone desperately shifting the goalposts straight away.
S A D
>>
>>2984490
>believing drunk stripper carny whore Karen Jarrett over Meltzer with 40 years of track record
Stop thinking with your dick Anon she won't fuck you.
Actually she probably would for a bottle of Jack and an 8-Ball.
>>
>>2984011
t. just a guy on NJPW pay roll
>>
>>2987837

>Posts financial evidence indicating WWE is struggling right now, morale is low and attendance, subs and ratings are down

>t. a Shill

Lmfao. I won't even bother.
>>
File: happening.png (445KB, 639x787px) Image search: [Google]
happening.png
445KB, 639x787px
>>2984011

AHAHAHAH THE WWE IS FINISHED
>>
>>2986773
WWE can't even sellout SummerSlam
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.