[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lex N Sid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 16

Why aren't these guys in WWE Hall Of Fame? What does Vincent Kennedy McMahon have against them?
>>
Got unfair bad rap in sheets who had agenda to push type wrestling they wanted, which carried over to internet. So they're not fondly remembered by Meltzer drones and hardcore sheep wrestling fans today. E.g. when Sid stabbed Arn (and Arn stabbed Sid which sheets conveniently omit) Meltzer of Observer and Mark Madden of Torch, both of whom were massive Flair marks hated on Sid.

They left WWE on bad terms - so for past 2 decades while guys like HBK, Taker, Flair are lauded as greatest ever while, guys like Luger & Sid & until recently Randy Savage because they're not given exposure by WWE are forgotten by casual fans.
>>
>>2984147

Sidetty and Lugetty really aren't on the level of HBK or Flair.
>>
>>2984149
But they are legends who were a massive part of late 80's and 90's wrestling who are not given their just dues.

Jannettys? do I really need to list their accomplishments?
>>
>>2984147
Luger has literally worked for the WWE as an employee for years now you retard
>>
No one cared about them back then, no one cares about them now.
>>
>>2984165
Yet he never gets promoted as a star of 90's wrestling who was over and drew money. Where is Luger's DVD/Documentary special and WWE HOF induction? you faggot cunt prick bitch motherfucker.
>>
>>2984183
I'm laughing at the thought of how little a Luger DVD would sell.
>>
>>2984174
Luger beat Hogan on 100th Nitro, crowd exploded and it broke cable ratings records.

Heel Sid got top babyface Hogan booed in 92 and HBK booed in 96.

You fail at trolling. Here some advice, if you want to be a successful troll you have to say stuff that has element of truth to it. Not just spout things a 10 year old kid would say.
>>
>>2984209
Yeah, because he hasn't been lauded and promoted by the WWE machine the past 20 years. If he had, it would sell. Stevie Wonder could see this, funny how you can't LOL.
>>
>>2983960
I've never seen two bigger charisma blackholes in a single picture on this board.
>>
>>2983960
Luger: I believe Vince hates him because of Elizabeth, and jumping ship to WCW. Same as Macho Man.

Sid: Sid was on a legends night not too long ago so they'll probably put him in soon.
>>
>>2984222
>Lex and Sid
>uncharismatic
>>
GOAT
>>
File: tumblr_noo9b0pAN81sg99p0o1_1280.jpg (748KB, 1280x1830px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_noo9b0pAN81sg99p0o1_1280.jpg
748KB, 1280x1830px
>>2983960
HERO
>>
File: tumblr_neaad343G81rkf4k0o1_1280.jpg (271KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_neaad343G81rkf4k0o1_1280.jpg
271KB, 1280x720px
I love how Sid almost stabbed Arn to death. And sheets try to act like he wasn't a badass - i'd laugh at them trying to step up to huge Sid in his jacked prime. Arn stabbed Sid in gut and face first! Sid decked him and destroyed him.
>>
>>2984248
Based Sid
Best looking champion of the 90s
>>
>>2984248
Is he Psycho or Vicious?
>>
>>2983960
Sid was great but Luger was pure shit. The biggest selling point Luger had was his physique, but he was short, had an ugly face and JUST hair. Even his pecs look strange. The fact he couldn't wrestle or talk didn't help either even though those things aren't as important.
>>
Well Luger went on to discuss how steroid abuse caused him health problems on the media so it wouldn't be wise to bring him to the spotlight.
>>
File: tumblr_mqbdp7FJXY1rkf4k0o1_1280.jpg (114KB, 642x722px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mqbdp7FJXY1rkf4k0o1_1280.jpg
114KB, 642x722px
>>2984289
>selling point was his physique
true but he also had many other redeeming qualities. He was hardly a Brian Adams (Crush) type who never had any ingredients that justified his pushes over the years. Besides his awesome physique, Luger had a certain charisma and he carried himself like a star. Equally as effective as a heel or babyface. Strong as an ox. Could sell his ass off. Tremendous babyface fire. Was over and drew money.
>short
6'3
>ugly face
pulled Elizabeth
>JUST hair
I thought his hair was stylish in mid 90's and he had stereotypical wrestler hair outside those years
>pecs look strange
they looked scrupled and impressive
>couldn't wrestle
"Regarding Lex Luger vs. Ricky Steamboat, I talked to Steamboat regularly in 1989 when they had their great matches and Steamboat told me in specific that Lex called the Philadelphia and Baltimore matches, which were the two best ones of the series. He said Lex didn't want to call them because Steamboat was the veteran, but Steamboat told him that the heel calls." - Dave Meltzer (Wrestling Classics - 1st January 2008)
>couldn't talk
erm...yes he could. Try watching more Luger promos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO1KNIFGeYI
>>
>>2984314
t. Mr OOC
>>
>>2984248

underrated theme aswell
>>
Sid always likes helping tard kids. I remember a few times in the WCW he brought one to the ring with him. Wwe should hire Sid to help out with the special Olympic tards
>>
>>2984448
It is rather rude to call them "tards"
>>
>>2984448
go back to /b/ try-hard
>>
>>2983960
two of my all time favs
>>
File: IMG_1847.jpg (27KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1847.jpg
27KB, 500x357px
>>2983960
Sid still looks good...on the other hand

JUST Luger
>>
>>2984248

They only talk about Sid being a fake badass because he got his ass kicked Brian Pillman who's like a foot shorter then him.
>>
>>2984830
Looks better than Deddie Guerrero.
>>2984911
He never got his ass kicked by Pillman. Try again. Who you trying to fool? yourself? nobody else with a brain let me tell ya.
>>
>>2983960
>What does Vincent Kennedy McMahon have against them?

Luger reasoning is pretty easy:

#1. He was somewhat responsible for Elizabeth's death by providing her were numerous illegal drugs. Most people in the WWE still see him as the reason she died including Steph and Shane who were both very close to her during her time with the WWF.

#2. He showed up on the very first Nitro and doing so screwed over Vince. Luger's contract ended with the WWF and he and Vince were negotiating a new deal. Until the contract was worked out, Luger agreed to work on a verbal contract and a handshake until the contract was official. Bischoff found out about his contract situation and had Sting, who was a close friend of Luger, contact him and Bischoff offered him a HUGE long term contract if he would leave WWF and come to WCW. Luger agreed but didn't tell Vince about it. Vince still believed Luger was a part of the WWF until Luger showed up live at the first Nitro.

Luger has a legends deal with WWE just so that they can use his likeness for merchandising and such. Also when Luger was given his deal, he was essentially broke and almost homeless. The deal was pretty much charity to help him out and get him back on his feet.
>>
>>2985624
lol just making things up
>>
>>2985624
Liz was an 42 year old adult and she alone was responsible for putting what she did in her body. Just saying. Hate when people blame Lex for her death. Such a fucking cop out.
>>
>>2984161
lol you cannot be serious faggot hahahahahaa

Sid is only known for his tremendous botches, his admittedly AWESOME look, and being unable to kill Arn Anderson despite stabbing him 30 times like a fucking maniac.
>>
>>2984355
B A S E D
A
S
E
D
>>
File: 1351922874610.jpg (34KB, 476x594px) Image search: [Google]
1351922874610.jpg
34KB, 476x594px
>>2985629

>smark who can't handle the truth
>>
File: tvfI52O.jpg (68KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
tvfI52O.jpg
68KB, 720x960px
J U S T
>>
>>2984174
18+
>>
>>2985656

I don't get it.

He looks pretty good for his age. Luger though is falling apart a little each year. He abused his body way too much and now he's paying the price.
>>
>>2985665
Luger had a bunch of medical problems, it's not that he just fell apart for no reason lmao
>>
>>2984213
>Heel Sid got top babyface Hogan booed in 92 and HBK booed in 96.
Hulkamania was on its dying days on 92 and HBK was an anti-draw carrying the company during its worst time and Vince had the terrible idea of making Shawn to go face, what triggered the rednecks. Who would they booed? The manly man or the gay male stripper?
>>
>>2984174
>No one cared about them back then

Sid was one of the biggest draws during his first run in WCW. His tenure in the 4H was awesome. His WWF run was somewhat disappointing, IMO, but he had some great feuds with HBK and Hogan.

Luger was also a good draw both in WCW and WWF. He was one of WCW's most popular wrestlers when Vince snatched him away. His feud with Yoko was like the biggest draw of the time.
>>
>>2985680
>He was one of WCW's most popular wrestlers when Vince snatched him away.

LMAO you literally have no idea what you're talking about hahahahahha
>>
>>2985680
> His feud with Yoko was like the biggest draw of the time.
Are you sure?
You got sauce or are you just making it up
>>
>>2985636
"Sid is only known for his botches & stabbing Arn"
>best look in biz
>best jobber squash matches
>4 Horsemen
>being dubbed next Hogan
>getting Hogan booed
>headlining WrestleMania with Hogan
>Master of Powerbomb tag team with Vader
>WWF return & heel turn on HBGay
>getting HBGAY booed in Garden
>headlining another WrestleMania with Taker
>2x WWF Champion
>being super over in ECW
>TEAM MADNESS
>Millennium Man
>feud with Goldberg
>2x WCW Champion
>BASED theme music throughout career
>oozing presence, charisma, intensity
>crazy awesome promos

25+
>>
>>2985672
>medical problems

Which almost all came from his constant abuse of steroids and narcotics. Luger has said so himself, and has done appearances telling people the dangers of using them all. His spinal injury was a direct result of abusing his body.

You need help Lugetty fan.
>>
>>2985687
Luger was NWA/WCW prized possession. All the magazines dubbed him the next Hogan for years and years. That why he was first guy in biz to get guaranteed money contact which made everybody jealous so they would talk shit about him to the sheets...Luger was a big star prior to WWF
>>
>>2984147
>being disliked by Meltzer has an influence on whether you get into the HOF
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
they don't want another guy who dies three days after his induction
>>
File: lex5.jpg (432KB, 1196x1064px) Image search: [Google]
lex5.jpg
432KB, 1196x1064px
>>2985709
Flexy Lexy was massive big deal back in the day
>>
>>2985687

It's not my fault you're so misinformed and that these events occurred before you were even born.

He was the #1 contendor who was scheduled to win the belt from Flair before Flair got upset with Jim Herd and left for the WWF with the WCW belt. Luger won the title after Flair left and was pushed as the top babyface of the company for over a year. He lost the belt to Sting and left for the WWF. During that time WCW's business increased more than any previous year.
>>
>>2984174
>no one cared about them back then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo8iOOU_5Io

lmao @ your life
>>
One of the greatest days in the history of the sport. I cried with happiness when this happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEuQRggqU7A
>>
>>2984233
DDP looks weird in that photo
>>
File: Lex Express.jpg (57KB, 642x361px) Image search: [Google]
Lex Express.jpg
57KB, 642x361px
>>2985692
>Are you sure?

Yes. It was the #1 feud in the WWF at the time and Luger was pushed as the "new Hogan." He sold tons of merch and the kids went nuts over him. That whole summer tour he did, The Lex Express, across the US was covered by local news networks daily. It was even on the Today show or Good Morning America.
>>
>>2984225
Pretty sure Macho Man is hated for fucking his underage daughter
>>
File: tumblr_nppfy1Bwki1rkf4k0o1_1280.jpg (252KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nppfy1Bwki1rkf4k0o1_1280.jpg
252KB, 1280x720px
Wolfpac Luger = DIMES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPiCDfd6L2w
>>
>>2985785
>still being worked by a mark who made the shit up on the internet 17 years ago
>>
>>2983960
Luger because he more or less caused Elizabeth's death. Not sure why Sid isn't in. Must be some heat about negotiations or something. Should've rode Sid and a kick ass face like they did with Diesel. I was at the '92 Rumble and other than Flair actually winning it, the biggest pop was Sid pulling Hogan over the top to eliminate him and Vince should've rode that momentum out with him. Wouldn't be surprised if Sid goes in the next year or two. Luger still may be a long time off though.
>>
>>2985709

He also was the first to have a set number appearance dates in his contract which eventually led to him leaving WCW.

After winning the title, Herd used him at almost every event and within 6 months, Luger had met all of his required dates for the year so he went home with the belt and didn't make any appearances for months. Legally, Luger was right but the company didn't like it so they made him drop the belt to Sting when his appearance dates started back up for the next contact year. Luger wasn't happy with WCW so he negotiated a release and Vince snatched him up ASAP.

One of the reasons Vince pushed him to the moon was to show Ted Turner how stupid he was for letting him go.
>>
>>2985809
>Luger because he more or less caused Elizabeth's death

Imagine believing this
>>
>>2985812
The people that do believe Lex caused Liz death are same folks who believe Macho Man and Stephanie McMahon rumour and still love Benoit i.e. simple minded, take things at face value morons! majority of wrestling fans are complete NEET idiots! hence why WWE can't get good ad rates!!!
>>
>>2984266
Sycho
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>2984355
I agree with MOST of that.
>>
>>2985656
Needs a buzzcut, but besides the hair he looks great for a wrestler his age.
>>
>>2985831
>simple minded, take things at face value morons! majority of wrestling fans are complete NEET idiots! hence why WWE can't get good ad rates!!!

If that was the case then ad rates should be really high, since you could sell anything to morons like that
>>
File: sid.jpg (26KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
sid.jpg
26KB, 600x450px
>>2985656
>>
>>2985891
>NEETS
They can't afford it. They have low incomes.
>>
>>2983960
They were big parts of both WCW and WWE, and probably should go in the HoF even though they were both all around stinkers.
But if there's still bad blood, they'd have to come back into the fold to be considered. With as long as it took for them to put Macho in, and he's one of the GOATs, I'm not sure if it will happen or not.
>>
Anybody who is not a fan of Sid or Luger are not real fans of pro wrestling as far as I'm concerned. They're fans of something else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnRqyxF_0W8
>>
File: a.gif (1MB, 225x169px) Image search: [Google]
a.gif
1MB, 225x169px
Sid was awesome. He was the master of the squash match, he cut good promos and looked legit. He wasn't that bad of a worker either.
>>
>>2983960
Sid still wrestles and Luger killed Ms. Elizabeth
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ6PDHTI77M&t=104s
>sid wasn't ove-
>>
>>2983960
They failed to emulate the mainstream crossover success of Hulk, despite being tall, blond, buff, and booked to win for huge streaks.

Vince's booking is a one trick pony, and when that one trick doesn't work, once he's finally given up on shoving a given "the guy" down the fan's throats, he's has a tendency to blame the wrestler for not getting over enough. He's also not known for forgiving grudges.
>>
>>2983960
>muh big muscle men
>>
>>2984448
I could always tell Sid enjoyed being a role model for young kids and teens. Whenever he walked to the ring he would acknowledge all of them flipping their shit, fist bump them, etc. But he did it in a badass way, while staying intense, whereas faces today all act like Mister Rogers, smiley happy corny.

Whenever I see it I wonder to myself how many little kids he must've inspired to stay strong in the face of adversity, like when being bullied in school, etc., just from those gestures and also from being a badass in the ring.
>>
>>2987290
When he turned on HBK and powerbombed him a bunch of time it taught me not to take shit from bullies. I cheered when he took the belt off of that gay stripper
>>
>>2986782
Nobody outside The Rock emulated the mainstream crossover success of Hogan.

Sid in his day was every bit as perceived & big of a star as HBK was in that era. Lex did a little better in mainstream that Sid - he appeared on more talk shows and TV shows.
>>
>>2983960
I enjoyed this duo.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.