[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hashimoto vs. Takada

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 12

File: 101842784.jpg (35KB, 331x500px) Image search: [Google]
101842784.jpg
35KB, 331x500px
>mfw Nu Japan fans say shooters don't draw
>mfw Nu Japan fans say their quiet crowds are 'just how Japanese fans are'
>mfw Nu Japan fans think 2017 is a golden age
>mfw Nu Japan fans think flippy shit belongs in the heavyweight division
>mfw Nu Japan fans think anyone gives as much of a shit about le wacky weeb man vs. lucha ladyboy as they did about this match

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4jydu1
>>
>say shooters don't draw
They really don't. I mean, they drew big for a while when early-MMA like PRIDE and Pancrase was really, really big in Japan but the novelty of it really wore off by the early-00's and trying to keep pushing all that MMA-hybrid stuff nearly killed NJPW.
>>
>>2980826
Takada was a draw tough, the same with Ogawa
>>
Hashimoto was a draw, He could draw against a fuckin' broom
>>
>>2980826
TV execs were literally begging NJPW to put Ogawa in main events because he was such a draw you clueless nu-fag.

Also
>shooters don't draw
>MMA was really big

You just contradicted yourself, sonny jim.
>>
It's entirely possible to like both periods you mark
>>
>>2980826
>1996
>Pride
You're clueless mate. Don't try and sound like you know your shit. UWFi was running huge shows and dome sellouts with NJPW before Pride existed and Pancrase never got to absolutely huge levels.
>>
>>2980846
>>2980854
Good job not even reading my post faggots. Also when was Ogawa even in NJPW?
>>
File: laughinginokifans.jpg (77KB, 600x536px) Image search: [Google]
laughinginokifans.jpg
77KB, 600x536px
>>2980872
>when was Ogawa even in NJPW?
>He just google searched Ogawa and the NOAH guy came up.
>>
>>2980893
Was that not who you were talking about? How many Ogawas are there anyway?

>>2980869
Pride wasn't that long after and it was just a random example anyway. Also how can you use UWFi as your prime example of drawing power considering how they ended up? It was never anything more than a novelty act.
>>
File: CT2CGolWwAERDMv.png (358KB, 599x489px) Image search: [Google]
CT2CGolWwAERDMv.png
358KB, 599x489px
>>2980893
>>2980907
>when was Ogawa even in NJPW?
Fucking marks, I swear
>>
>>2980907
>claims to have an understanding of New Japan history
>doesn't know about Ogawa's role
wew
>>
>>2980915
>acting as if some random martial arts guy brought in during the ceaseless stream of martial arts guys of the late Inoki era is some essential name in the history of pro wrestling
Fucking marks
>>
>>2980927
I hope you're trolling and I think you are but in case you arent. Ogawa is a pretty big name and the Hashi/Ogawa feud drew big business and is looked back on as being pretty important
>>
>>2980933
Yeah sure he and countless others. And yeah I admit I didn't even remember the guy, because no matter how big these guys were for a while they were always right back out the door soon after.

Look I understand you're looking for the next brand of contrarianism to jump on but defending Inoki bullshit when it very nearly killed the entire company is peak bullshit.
>>
>>2980927
>this damage control
Ogawa was a huge name, Olympic silver medalist, huge draw, all round scary guy.

His feud with Hashimoto is legendary and literally one of the biggest in the history of Japanese wrestling.
>>
>>2980944
I can tell you don't know what you're talking about and just hopped on the MUH INOKI WAS ALL BAD bandwagon
Think for yourself, you fuckin' mark and actually watch the shows.
I'm not even saying Inokism was good, It wasn't and it did nearly kill the company but early Inokism was during a time when MMA was extremely popular in Japan and put on some pretty good cards/feuds
>>
>>2980956
When did I ever say any of what you implied? In my very first post I said that that stuff was super popular for a while, what I hate is OP's implication that it had any future when it's pretty clear how it ended up. I love 90's New Japan stuff as well but pretending that the current style is somehow straying from the right path is ridiculous.
>>
>>2980956
>I can tell you don't know what you're talking about and just hopped on the MUH INOKI WAS ALL BAD bandwagon
this describes so accurately so many new New Japan marks.
>>
>>2980973
So you're just getting worked by an obvious bait post while also not knowing who Ogawa was
Alrighty
>>
>>2980956
There's literally a thread on 2ch now calling the Inoki era the 'dark era of New Japan'. It's the general consensus.
>>
>>2980984
>Inoki era
So 1972-2005 was the 'dark era of New Japan' then?
>>
>>2980949
>a feud that very nearly ruined one of their biggest draws of all time for the sake of pushing another Inoki MMA sweetheart
>legendary
wew
>>
>>2981002
The Inokism fake MMA era, whatever you'd like to call it, loser.
>>
>Inoki marks ITT actually acting like Ogawa was important
He was as much of a big name as just about any other MMA big name in history, and not all of them turned out the be big draws. Just because he was feuding with Hashimoto, of all people, doesn't make him important in the slightest.
>>
>>2981036
The Ogawa shooting incident was huge. It's the Montreal Screwjob of puro.
>>
>>2980984
wgaf what the japanese dorks on 2ch think
>>
>>2981007
they had like one weird mma style match on the card at most, not that any of you Nu Japan fans have ever watched anything pre-2016.

Also what companies were doing well during that time? NOAH almost, but then it was found out they had Yakuza money helping them. Face it, puroresu was going downward for factors outside of Inoki's control like the MMA boom in the early 00s.
>>
>>2981061
>Who gives a fuck about what puro's target, native audience thinks. Listen to me, a random caucasian nerd on the internet.
>>
>>2981036
Part of the reason the Inoki era is seen the way it is is because Inoki was under huge pressure from TV executives to push Ogawa. The TV execs realised they were losing out to Pride and K1 in a huge way and so made Inoki push big name MMA guys like Ogawa into the main event.

If anyone actually does their research beyond reddit or posts on /asp/ then it's plain to see that the 'Inoki wanted to be MMA' thing is a total meme and that there were a whole host of other factors involved. Inoki didn't just one day wake up and decide he wanted NJPW to be an MMA organisation.
>>
>>2981073
using words like puro only makes yourself look stupid
>>
>>2981081
This is correct, Inoki gets a lot of undeserved blame for a lot of shit that happened during that time.
>>
>>2981102
>Undeserved blame

Hashimoto's credibility never recovered from getting shot on by Ogawa, something he was told to do by Inoki.
>>
>>2981095
Being (You) means (You) are stupid
>>
>>2981120
Oh yeah that one was on Inoki. But a lot of shit wasn't.
>>
>>2981120
yeah he made some stupid decisions but to say it was all inoki is ignorant of what was going on at that time in the wider picture.
>>
I gave this 5 stars and still think this is probably the best under 15 minute match ever.
>>
>>2981346
Who?
>>
>>2981374
Fuck off, Ziggy. No one likes you here.
>>
>Unironically liking Ogawa
to think that Hash ended up befriending him, such a beautiful soul
>>
>>2981419
No one said they liked Ogawa, there was just a guy here trying to give everyone a history lesson on New Japan and Inokism and didn't even know who Ogawa was, showing himself up as clueless.

Probably some redditor who got into New Japan in 2017 and read some posts about that era and thinks he knows about it.
>>
>>2981346
I personally give it 4 stars. I liked the match a lot but there wasn't as much emotional investment by both wrestlers as I need to make it a 5 stars match. But I mean, while they could've played the crowd more the crowd was already hot enough by itself.
>>
>>2981474
I think if you follow the build up and watch the previous matches in the NJPW vs. UWFi feud then it adds an extra air of spectacle to it.
>>
>>2981419
At least he's not Yoshinari Ogawa.

Fuck that Ratboy
>>
>The state of the nu japan fans

Im also sure they dont know Chono is more based than Okada, Omeme and Tanahashi
>>
>>2981489
Oh yeah absolutely but I still think the match could've used an extra 5 minutes.
>>
>>2981501
Chono is cool but he is in no way better than Tanahashi.
>>
>>2981501
Not even. There's a reason Chono never held the top belt: he fucking sucked balls.
>>
>>2981512
Im talking about the newbie njpw fans, and i dont mean in ring but as a character, i think Chono has more charisma that Tanahashi
>>
>>2981510
Yeah probably right.

I love the whole Battle Formation show so much. It's such a comfy watch. I recommend anyone who hasn't done so yet to go find the full show and watch it all the way through.
>>
>>2981518
Was UWFi a semi shooot???

or why has Takada so broken at the end of his career???
>>
Occasional reminder that Takada a shit.
>>
>>2981523
*was
>>
>>2981517
Chono is def. one of the most iconic guys there. When I think NJPW, I immediately think of Chono, Inoki and Liger.
>>
>>2981523
They trained fucking hard, and they did real fights in the gym as part of that training*. So it was a combination of age and just training like that for years that caught up with Takada; he'd been going hard since the mid 80s.

Same thing happened to Maeda, who lots of MMA people say was the toughest guy they'd ever sparred with and that if he'd been at his peak during the MMA boom he would of easily been one of the best.

*Sakuraba was called the King of the Gym because he beat so many people in the legit fights they did there, but he was still a semi young-boy so never got a push in the UWFi.
>>
>>2981568
Damn i forgot about Maeda, i remember when i was getting started into puro and shoot style i saw Maeda as a GOAT (and still do), the UWF matches were awesome, ÇVader vs Takada is 5 star for me
>>
>>2981568
>Maeda, who lots of MMA people say was the toughest guy they'd ever sparred with and that if he'd been at his peak during the MMA boom he would of easily been one of the best.

You're such a mark.
>>
>>2981608
>Not knowing about bad mofo Maeda

He kicked Chosus orbital bone to the end of this universe
>>
>>2981608
would you step in the ring with a prime Maeda?
>>
>>2981608
>gets schooled in history of something he has no idea about
>y...y..you mark!
>>
>>2981626
Easy to shoot kick someone when they don't expect it and are unable to defend themselves. He's a bitch.
>>
>>2981703
That was an anticipated karma strike for Chosu because of the things he will do to the Junior division
>>
>>2981703
Made him a superstar, though.
>>
File: DFC_FkNXoAAohtQ.jpg (63KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DFC_FkNXoAAohtQ.jpg
63KB, 675x1200px
>>2980765
>>2980765
Get with the times.
I myself started watching NJPW back when shooters was the style, but its a different era now.

Wrestlers like Ishii don't draw. Wrestlers with over-the-top manga characters like Naito and Kenny draw.
>>
>>2981719

Im not gonna argue that, but i think OP is referring to people that only nbecame NJPW because its recent popularity and think previous years NJPW was total shit.

Nothing wrong with todays style even if it isnt my cup of tea
>>
Post GOAT old njpw themes only:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsWqon0u6T4
>>
>>2981741
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsunQ2f1dC8
>>
>>2981741
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLtbU31Jc2M
>>
File: fedora-guy-meme.jpg (30KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
fedora-guy-meme.jpg
30KB, 479x720px
>>2980765
>Nu Japan fans say 'AACCKSHULLY it's traditional that Japanese fans only make noise for big moments'
>fans in OP's video literally going bananas for a fucking test of strength

Why are nu japanoids so clueless?
>>
>>2981762
They didnt know what puro was, also they dont know about based Fujinami, Funaki (the pancrase one), Mutoh, Kawada, CIMA, etc.
>>
>>2981762
>Nu Japan fans say 'AACCKSHULLY it's traditional that Japanese fans only make noise for big moments'
I've only ever heard this from WWE fans in reference to their indy darlings and losers like Bret Hart as an excuse for not getting over in Japan
>>
>>2981984
Literally every time someone says 'how comes the crowds are so quiet' some neckbeard will come along and do the 'AKKSHULLY one must view the Japanese customs as different to our own barbaric western customs; they politely clap where we would shout' routine.
>>
>>2981064
It's safe to say joshi wrestling promotions have kept the puropresu scene in japanese wrestling alive in the 80s and 90s right?
>>
>>2981762
This guy gets it.
>>
>>2980975
Are you the ziggyfigs guy from wfigs
>>
>>2982063
I always thought that they were refering to how Japanese fans are usually on the quiet side during the initial stretch of a match, which is indeed the case even though there are exception like OP's match.
>>
>>2982237
It's not an exception. Japanese crowds in the 90s were hot all the way through. The 80s, too: watch the 5vs5 NJPW vs. UWF Elimination Match from 3/26/1986. the crowd is going mad just while the teams are choosing who will fight first, and one of the guys on the New Japan team gets HUGE pops every time he gets tagged in. Honestly one of the hottest crowds of all time.
>>
>>2982237
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izOCoPer8fk
>>
This was actually a decent and informative thread by /asp/ standards. Thanks everyone.
>>
>>2980907
the state of nujapannetty fags
>>
>>2982067
>It's safe to say joshi wrestling promotions have kept the puropresu scene in japanese wrestling alive in the 80s and 90s right?

Joshi and men's wrestling are two totally different audiences. People don't follow everything like we do here because there's too much stuff to follow in Japan.
>>
>>2983116
Usually great part of the joshi fans are young japanese women.
>>
>>2982067
Lol no. Joshi right now is a sub niche of a niche industry.
>>
>>2981517
All the Nu fans are casuals that will leave once the workratez go down.
>>
>>2980872
>when was Ogawa even in NJPW
fucking nu Japan geeks I swear. Wrestling on this board was a mistake.
>>
File: imgonnashootyounujapan.jpg (69KB, 283x390px) Image search: [Google]
imgonnashootyounujapan.jpg
69KB, 283x390px
>>2983447

This, not knowing based ig shoots Ogawa is a sin.
>>
>>2981523
Nowah style broke him down.
>>
File: naitofw.jpg (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
naitofw.jpg
5KB, 200x200px
>mfw instead of informing newer puro fans on what they've missed out on, the OG fans just act like snide jackasses to the new fans

just nuke this fucking board already
>>
>>2983490
NU fans like to shit on old stuff or don't care about it.

Techinally modern Njpw is divorced from old Njpw in style, inokism, booking traits, etc. It's like comparing fighting spirit wrestling to modern dramatic workratez wrestling.

Nu fans are only watching it because of daves jerking off to it and their hate boners for double double e.
>>
File: IMG_9793.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9793.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>2983503
You shouldn't let the handful of console wars meme lords around here color the perception of every new fan. There are tons of new fans who would love to learn about the old stuff without being talked down to. Why not just have a thread discussing the old stuff with recommendations instead of having the premise of the thread be 'haha, you haven't been watching as long as me, you're fucking retarded hahahaha'
>>
>>2983526
The only place that would work is message boards. But they're all dead or biased towards old Nowah.

4 chan is just for bants and memes for most people. Reddit is just circle jerking in a vacuum.

Most nu fans don't wanna know old stuff anyways. They had ample time before the latest fanboy Internet era arrived.

I seen so many fanboys come and go.
>>
File: suwamatriplecc.gif (2MB, 306x209px) Image search: [Google]
suwamatriplecc.gif
2MB, 306x209px
tho it's All Japan and he's had to slow down over the years, anyone else /suwama/ here?
>>
>>2983490
New fans think a junior heavyweight whose claim to fame before new japan was wrestling children on the comedy circuit is the GOAT, they deserve to be derided
>>
>>2983616
name your top 3 wrestlers and current match of the year
>>
>>2983620
KENNY OMEGA
NICK JACKSON
MATT JACKSON

OKADA VS OMEGA AT DOMINION OF COURSE WHICH ALSO HAPPENS TO BE TNE GREATEST MATCH OF ALL TIME

TOO SWEET ME FELLOW NEW JAPAN FAN
>>
>>2983622
>Hiding behind memes

Sad!
>>
>>2981073
2ch geeks are nerds worse than /asp/ and /wooo/
>>2981719
How the fuck are either Naito or Omega "manga characters"
>>
>>2983526
OP here. Even though I may of come across as snarky in the OP, deep down I just want new fans to learn about the older stuff because it's really good.

The main problem people have is not new fans getting into the product, it's when they act all obnoxious and like they've found some new thing that only they know about and proceed to spout uninformed opinions and ideas that make them look like clueless idiots.
>>
File: shibataokada.jpg (254KB, 1240x877px) Image search: [Google]
shibataokada.jpg
254KB, 1240x877px
>>2983620
Hideki Suzuki
Katsuyori Shibata
Shuji Ishikawa

MOTY: Shibata vs. Okada at Sakura Genesis.
>>
Inoki-ism era is...I think 2000-2005. It was definitely a dark time for the company.
>>
>>2983945
Shuji Ishikawa is having a lowkey amazing year.
>>
>>2980765
take this nip drone shit to the hentai board, ya dig
>>
File: 1502129924142.png (2MB, 620x3300px) Image search: [Google]
1502129924142.png
2MB, 620x3300px
Read this if you want to understand why people are complaining about new 'fans'.
>>
>>2983945
God you're trying way too hard.
>>
>>2983977
That was pretty easy though? Not exactly obscure choices.
>>
>>2983977
>doesn't know any names outside Nu Japan
>g..god..w..what a try hard amirite?
Nu Japandroid BTFO.
>>
>>2983588
Suwama is my boy, i remember when he was Mutoh prodigy a lot of people hate him but he is one of my favorites and will always be one of /myboys/
>>
loving how hard this thread worked the NuJapan marks.
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.