[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the worst WWE match of 2016? What about 2017?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0076.png (2MB, 1340x754px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0076.png
2MB, 1340x754px
What's the worst WWE match of 2016? What about 2017?
>>
>>2980250
The HoH was at least funny for meme value
The kendo stick one iirc was short at least
The Punjabi Prison was also pretty entertaining and Khali return made me pop
The Flag Match was long, boring, drawn out, and you knew Cena was gonna win anyways, so prob that.
>>
File: bucky.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
bucky.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
The WWE is an absolute disgrace, a blight towards the great art of professional wrestling. 2017 has been one of their worst years in terms of in-ring prowess and if you stand with this company after all the hideous shit they have attempted to market as "entertainment", you need to absolutely and legitimately point a sawed off directly into your face and pull the trigger.
>>
>>2980250
>2016
Alexa Bliss vs. Naomi - No Mercy
>2017
Alexa Bliss vs. Bayley - Extreme Rules
>>
Kendo stick was the most damaging to the people involved but it barely scraped five minutes, so it was over fast, at least.

The Flag Match and Punjabi Prison were both long as fuck and both involved the guys involved doing shit extremely slowly for extremely long periods of time. Both at least had a crazy bump at the end.

The Flag Match is probably worse, but I hate the Punjabi Prison match more because it was longer, continued the downward spiral of SmackDown's main event and the ending was completely off the wall retarded (and Khali didn't even stick around, so it was just for it's own sake).

It's kinda hilarious, but I would've pegged House of Horrors as the most retarded piece of shit match of the year easily but now it almost seems quaint in retrospect.
>>
File: IMG_1296.jpg (45KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1296.jpg
45KB, 480x360px
20 minutes of a shitty generic Rock promo and this trash was the payoff
>>
There's too much 2017 left to calll it. Road block and fast lane are usually the worst.
>>
>>2980312
Man so much horseshit has happened since Mania, we totally forgot
>Charlotte loses her streak
>Strowman is pinned clean by Roman
>On Fastlane
>>
>>2980250
HoH was unironically fun and doesn't deserve all the shit it gets. Their Mania match was much worse.
Bliss/Bayley was a women's match so who cares
Cena/Rusev was a decent wrestling match, it just made IWC nu-male lefties seethe because of the patriotism
Punjabi Prison was probably the worst, although it was pretty kekworthy
>>
>>2980328
It made people seethe because it was fucking boring and a rehash of a feud that was already shit the first time. Not everything is about politics you retard
>>
>>2980328
Patriotism is for worthless leeches that like to act as if others achievements are their own, so that's understandable
>>
File: DGVIuYfUwAAk8Zi.jpg.jpg (174KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
DGVIuYfUwAAk8Zi.jpg.jpg
174KB, 960x1280px
>>2980259
Or you can just seek sunlight and hit the weights
>>
>>2980250
2016 would likely be Curtis Axel vs R-Truth at Fastlane. No one knew about this, asked for this, remembered this, or cared about this. One of the strangest "yes this happened on PPV" matches ever.

2017 so far has to be Bliss/Bayley kendo stick match. Even if it were short, it killed Bayley's character permanently and she has never recovered, likely never will. The build for this match also included the This Is Your Life segment which is just icing on the cake.
>>
>>2980315
This. WTF was the deal with fastlane? Every time I remember it it gets more puzzling
>>
Are we doing PPV only or including TV? Either way there are too many to say just one is unequivocally the worst, but my vote would be Heath Slater/Curt Hawkins at GBOF for 2017. And maybe Stardust/Zayn at Roadblock for 2016. It's really hard to answer this OP because there are so many variables/things to hate for so many different reasons. I left out TV matches, pre-show PPV matches, and women's matches because if you include those the question is literally impossible to answer
>>
i'd give it to the bray orton mania match. those quick flashes of bugs being projected on the ring was so much stupider than all the long drawn out boring shit they do.
>>
>>2980260
really makes you think
>>
>>2980328
>it just made IWC nu-male lefties seethe because of the patriotism
This may be the most retarded wrestling opinion I've seen in a while and that says a lot.
>>
>>2980549
Charlotte, it unironically seems like the reason is "her streak was about to get to 16 and they want Cena to be the only one with a 16 attached to him."

Roman vs. Strowman, they wanted to give Roman a big win before he went to fought Undertaker at Wrestlemania.
>>
>>2980328
Jingoism ≠ Patriotism
>>
>>2980250
gotta respect what the guys put themselves through especially the Singhs during the Punjabi Prison match.

the worst match was the Kendo Stick match, everything from the buildup to the aftermath to how the stench of match hasn't left the competitors today.

people literally never want to see Bayley and Alexa in the same ring ever again.
>>
>>2981573
Look at you buddy, you're getting upset about it now! Practically frothing at the mouth over it! How sad is that! The match happened nearly a month ago and you are clearly still very bothered by it!
>>
File: LOL-I-TROLL-YOU.png (87KB, 755x1255px) Image search: [Google]
LOL-I-TROLL-YOU.png
87KB, 755x1255px
>>2981615
Mmmhm.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.