[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw All Japan is putting out great matches this summer and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_9665.png (308KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9665.png
308KB, 500x281px
>tfw All Japan is putting out great matches this summer and no one notices because G1 takes all the shine
Shuji Ishikawa vs Suwama was great and I haven't see hardly any discussion of it at all.
>>
>>2975445
link me to some matches famm and I will add them to my backlog to watch after the g1 wraps up
>>
>>2975653

Hopefully these links work, I'm copying them from elsewhere.

Suwama vs Ishikawa
https://rutube.ru/video/e76352f056c6e8b88b0ba0a24af90dda/?pl_id=1067514&pl_type=user

Kento Miyahara vs Joe Doering
https://rutube.ru/video/99cc0b1d4653b9c8e7c60e06c5ee6bce/?pl_type=user&pl_id=1067514
>>
>>2975680
which dude is ACE of ajpw? I read he's good but I can't remember the name
>>
>>2975729
Kento Miyahara. Hates Nakajima from NOAH to this day because he bullied Kento as a rookie. Can work face or heel and is crazy talented. Look up his match vs Shuji Ishikawa from earlier this year, it was incredible.
>>
I've said it before but the reason people are into NJPW so much is because Meltzer pimps it and basically serves as their propaganda outlet to get people into it and discussing it.

There's been so many promotions over the years that never got covered and were just as good if not better, but no one gave a shit because people weren't pimping it or bothering to go out of their way to talk about it.
>>
>>2975745
I though bullying the rookies was the norm? Tho this isn't the first time I hear such things about Nakajima.
>>
>>2975745
Based fucking Nakajima.
>>
>>2976463
>ProWresBlog
>propaganda outlet

Wow you're already becoming a contender for WOAT namefag on here
>>
I laugh every single time I read "OMG Gedo is the best booker in the world!" and these faggots don't even know about what Jun has done in AJPW and the deep dark hole he has pulled them out of
>>
>>2976463
I would argue that the Bullet Club offers an easier way in to NJPW for foreign audiences. All I've ever seen from AJPW is random stuff I stumble across on YouTube which doesn't lend itself to being a current fan.
>>
Shuji is a beast. He's Mr. 4 1/2 Stars. Great choice for the Triple Crown.
>>
I tried to get into AJPW but that Kento dude bored the fuck out of me. Dragon Gate is real underrated though.
>>
>>2976513
I laugh everytime i read weebs talk about NJPW strong style and they have never heard of Big Japan
>>
>>2976463
It has more to do with Bullet Club. NJPW first really started getting lots of Western eyeballs on it because AJ joined Bullet Club and became champion. Then they had WK9 with Jim Ross and everything. So that's where it really started I think
>>
>>2976535
that and NJWorld happened. It was a perfect storm
>>
File: evolution.webm (1MB, 534x300px) Image search: [Google]
evolution.webm
1MB, 534x300px
Kinda don't mind that All Japan isnt getting much buzz because of how insufferable new NJPW fans are now. Sucks to not have people to discuss it with though
>>
>>2976547
>Kinda don't mind that All Japan isnt getting much buzz because of how insufferable new NJPW fans are now. Sucks to not have people to discuss it with though

If you like something, sometimes the worst thing you can do is let the general public in on it. They'll make you hate it just like with NJPW and they'll stop doing what made you like it and start doing things to make the general public like it.
>>
>>2976540
>NJPW playing chess while others are playing checkers

Seriously, though, how would one even watch AJPW besides old stuff on YouTube?
>>
>>2975745
>Bullying cute Kendo

wtf i hate Nakajima now
>>
When is Aoyagi moving up to heavyweight?
>>
>>2976556
RealHero and Rutube breh
>>
File: DGiGcFHVwAA-G1y.jpg (114KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
DGiGcFHVwAA-G1y.jpg
114KB, 1200x900px
>>2976557

forgot pic
>>
>>2976534
>Big Japan

I wish they'd have separate shows for the death stuff and strong stuff
>>
>>2975445
G1 just has a ruthless schedule and you kind of have to choose and who would choose an inferior project? It's cute that you wanna sing the praise of some little obscure Japanese promotion but all eyes are on NJPW because it's the best. Oh and a lot of people still watch wwe out of habit so they don't have time for good-but-not-great jap wrestling.NJPW also has god tier gaijins not just japs.
>>
>>2976587
All Japan is hardly obscure
>>
>>2976603
It is in 2017 and in the western world.
>>
>>2976610
>I don't know shit therefore everybody else doesn't either
>>
>>2976621
Oh yeah how ignorant of me look at all these people talking about All Japan Pro Wrest OH WAIT
>>
>>2976587
>>2976587
All Japan isn't 'some little obscure promotion,' they had arguably the best run ever in wrestling in the 90s and they're basically New Japans twin promotion given that they debuted the same year under the Ryu to Inokis Ken. And whether or not NJPW is better is up to preference.

I really wonder when it became cool to wave around your own wrestling ignorance as a proud flag of stupidity.
>>
>>2976610

What is NJPW
>>
>>2975445
>expecting Nu Japan fans to have any idea about Japanese wrestling
>>
>>2976474
It is the norm but it went overboard and is really one of the reasons NOAH is in such a sad state today. When they were hot they bullied the shit out of all of their rookies to where no fresh blood came through the pipeline. Kento is a legitimate ace and IMO NOAH fucked up royally by forcing him out of the promotion.
>>
>>2976973
The best promotion in the world right now.
>>
>>2976547
>>2976554
These guys get it.
>>
>>2976976
OP here, I mean I only became a fan of Japanese wrestling this year with WK11 as my entry point, only difference is it spurred me to do my homework and try to watch a little bit of everything that's out there.
>>
>>2976988
I can't see Kobashi bullying anyone. He seems more a tough but fair guy, not a bully.

Or was it Marufuji and KENTA that bullied?
>>
>>2977020
Doubt it. Maybe Ishimori. Or Suzuki when he was there. Still, Nakajima's only 28 or 29 himself.
>>
File: dynamitekid.webm (846KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
dynamitekid.webm
846KB, 450x300px
>>2977012
>try to watch a little bit of everything that's out there

Me finally getting comfortable with NJPW after 2 years is whats making me want to check everything out but there is so much out there. Not getting burned out becomes a major obstacle
>>
>>2977008

WK11 attendance 26,192

>honestly believing New Japan is the best
>how embarrassing
>>
>>2977012
You're better than most new fans so well done. There's so much gold outside of New Japan. If you like All Japan you'll probably like Big Japan's heavyweight division.
>>
>>2977083
Whatever happened to Michinoku Pro?

>>2977063
>popular is better

You have to be over 18 to post here
>>
>>2977111
>Whatever happened to Michinoku Pro?
Still chugging along. Hard to find a lot of their shows as they don't seem to make take that often.
>>
>>2977151
Bummer. Did that FMW revival ever amount to much?
>>
>>2977111

>All Japan is more popular then New Japan

Whatever you say weeaboos.
>>
>>2977155
Not really but they are sort of feuding with CZW right now, Onita and FMW went there last week and Matt Tremont and maybe a few others are going to go to FMW at some point for a match.
>>
This thread is good, i also keep watching AJPW even after the debacle it was great to see Akiyama return and do great stuff for his mother promotion, also i liked when Suwama was Mutoh prodigy altough it seems that a lot of people hated Suwama at the time but he is still one of my favorites.
>>
File: IMG_4588.jpg (193KB, 539x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4588.jpg
193KB, 539x1024px
Based KentGOAT bout to send Shuji back to the mid card in a few weeks.
>>
>>2975445
I've been paying attention. All Japan's business is going up as a result of all the great matches too. Ishikawa and Suwama from 7/17 is my favorite match of the year so far. I didn't care for the Okada/Omega matches nearly as much as everyone else. All Japan was literally on the very edge of death a few years ago. I hope their resurgence is a sign of hope for NOAH.
>>
>>2979078
NOAH gets a lot more hate than they deserve. I suppose it's also because they were considered the best back in the day and now it's kind of "revenge" to shit on them.
>>
>>2979119
It's kind of hard to find info on this, cause Meltzer doesn't report on anything non NJPW and I have to result to looking around on Twitter. I know NOAH is doing this Noah the Reborn thing, but I'm still not quite sure what it means. Last I heard it hasn't helped at all though.
>>
IMO it's because most of our last memories of NOAH are SuzukiGun killing the territory. Plus only so many times you can mask and unmask Maybach

it's a meme for a reason desu. a case could be made that NOAH is like the 5th biggest promotion in Japan over the last few years.
It sucks and I wish KENTA would hurry up and fuck off from NXT and go back because they sure could use him.
>>
>>2979163
Nah, it's been getting better but not at a rapid pace. Getting rid of Suzuki-gun shenanigans also helps.
>>
>>2979203
Seriously, fuck Suzuki-gun.

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2016/08/05/maybe-time-suzuki-gun-call-quits/

I know lolVOW, but there's some good info in there. I like Nakijama, so maybe I'll give NOAH another shot. Who's chasing him for the title at the moment?
>>
Also a question, is akiyama only booker of AJPW or he still performs??
>>
>>2979384
booker and performing as a middle card guy as to not take up any top spots
>>
>>2979426
Thats great he is pretty based, i wish Taue could still perform and join AJPW
>>
>>2979426
Sounds like Baba
>>
>>2976463
I'm sure it has nothing to do with NJPW's content being easily accessible live and on demand by a cheap, English-language streaming site with English-language commentary.
>>
File: lookatthetopleft.webm (1MB, 534x300px) Image search: [Google]
lookatthetopleft.webm
1MB, 534x300px
Really hoping they sign guys like KAI, Ishikawa etc full time, snag a hot foreigner like Jeff Cobb for a tour and get Hideki in for some shows before the end of the year.

And Aoyagi needs to get a clue and move up to HW
>>
>>2976988
>It is the norm but it went overboard and is really one of the reasons NOAH is in such a sad state today. When they were hot they bullied the shit out of all of their rookies to where no fresh blood came through the pipeline.
Any articles or videos talking about this?
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.