/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flaws in your favourite wrestling game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

File: 300px-Ps2_wwwsmackpain_big.jpg (38KB, 300x425px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Ps2_wwwsmackpain_big.jpg
38KB, 300x425px
Name some flaws from WWE games that shown as it aged.

My biggest problem is the kickout system. Otherwise the game is fine, but it is near impossible to kickout of 2 finishers. Also if you get pinned while having a red limb, you are pretty much fucked. Button mashing for pin escapes was always shit.
>>
Awful, awful overalls. Some guys are way too low and it takes forever to rank up in the season mode. Even then, you can only do one guy as doing a new one erases the old one.
>>
File: NoMercyGameBox.jpg (49KB, 500x346px) Image search: [Google]
NoMercyGameBox.jpg
49KB, 500x346px
*deletes your data*
DIGGITY DOG
>>
>>2969341
SOCKO
>>
File: wwf-attitude-usa.jpg (136KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
wwf-attitude-usa.jpg
136KB, 600x600px
>16 button combo to do a DDT
>>
>>2969341
That still happens on last & current gen games. Kek. how sad.
>>
>>2969338
>start a new CAW season mode
>only way to win matches against top guys is to knock out the ref then grab a weapon

Guys with high strength like Lesnar and Big Show used to absolutely murder you in like two or three moves too
>>
>Dumb ass ending to story mode attempting to replicate the Benoit/Eddie WM 20 ending with your CAW and Triple H who you've just beaten for the title. You GIVE HIM the belt you just won and celebrate in the ring with him. Fuck that ending.

>CPU on hardest difficulty somehow always knowing exactly what kind of submission you are about to do and countering it.

>music not as good as in the original DOR
>>
File: IMG_2986.png (171KB, 256x362px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2986.png
171KB, 256x362px
>>2969388
Forgot pic
>>
>>2969365
holy shit lol
>>
>>2969365
I remember my older brother thought it was amazing that I could repeatedly do pedigrees in this game but I thought it was silly being able to do finishers right away just bc you can memorise an ass-long button input.
>>
>>2969335
This one and SvR 07 are my favorites of that generation. It was also annoying when they still had the old submission moves from previous games that you couldn't escape from.
>>
>>2969388
also
>CPU ALWAYS teams on you in triple threat / fatal four way on highest difficulty
>>
>>2969338
Eddie Guerrero
Strength: 6
Submission: 8
Endurance: 7.5
Technique: 8
Speed: 7.5
OVERALL: 74

Triple H
Strength: 9.5
Submission: 8.5
Endurance: 10
Technique: 9
Speed: 8
OVERALL: 90
>>
>>2969341
Fucking this so much
>>
>>2969483
Is this real life
>>
File: SadBirb.jpg (41KB, 500x404px) Image search: [Google]
SadBirb.jpg
41KB, 500x404px
>>2969389
>tfw this masterpeice is never talked about when people discuss best wresrling vidya
I think I spent more hours on this shit than any other, from No Mercy to SvR.
>>
>>2969335
Can't break moves.
No springboard attacks.
Shit HIAC.
Upgrading your caw is a pain in the ass.
Double team attacks only in the ring.
Can't drag your opponent when standing.
Submission system sucks balls.

Awesome game nonetheless
>>
>>2969756
DoR is eons better.
>>
File: Day_of_Reckoning.jpg (47KB, 320x448px) Image search: [Google]
Day_of_Reckoning.jpg
47KB, 320x448px
>do top rope move to the outside
>opponent is at a weird angle
>you always miss because outside dives off the top rope are locked into certain angles

>>2969756
1 is better. 2 has so many retarded bugs it's absurd. one of the dumbest ones is, ironically, top rope moves. same problem from DoR1, but also when you hit the opponent, your animation freezes and you float for a split second. how this happens, i'll never know.
>>
>>2969335
its called a finisher for a reason
>>
>>2969872
The story is better in DOR maybe, the stamina system in DOR2 however made for MUCH better matches against others since you couldn't just spam moves like in DOR.

>>2969972
What big bugs were in DOR2?
I mostly remember the massive bug in DOR1 where a character could no sell moves outside of being in special mode
>>
>>2972153
>the stamina system
the stamina system completely ruined the game.

>play for 5 minutes
>everyone is gassed
>submissions are now useless because the only option is rest, because you're gassed
>submissions now take a full 6 seconds to start doing damage because of the submission choice
>they're broken up in a second

nah my dude, that destroyed the entire game. DoR1's appeal was being able to play at breakneck speed. SvR06 did stamina better, where you just rest up for a few seconds. even dark souls stamina would have been better. bugs include top rope moves have a weird delay that make you wait a second before you can dive, you're stuck at odd angles out of the ring, moves can be no-sold because the hit detection got fucked from the first game, ai will ONLY fight you in a triple threat or four way, frame rate takes a dive when there's more than 2 characters and the ref on screen, targeting got fucked up from the first game, awful animation breaks, t he list goes on and on desu. that said, DoR2 still looks fucking fantastic.
>>
Button mashing pin escapes are literally kino.
>>
>>2972225
i think pins should be an invisible stat that's affected by your health and stamina, so that no amount of mashing could result in an escape towards the end of the match, but should let you fill the meter almost to the top, to give the illusion that if you had 1 more fraction of a second you would have kicked out.
>>
>>2969365
My caw with only finishers lol
>>
>>2969385
Lesnar broke my controller.
Fighting brock lesnar in season mode with below 80 overall is harder than kayfabe beating current lesnar
>>
>>2972225
The current system is way too easy but button mashing fucking sucked. You had no way of knowing if you had a shot of kicking out and 2 and a half counts were way more rare
>>
>>2972201
Literally the only people angray about DOR2 stamina based stamina system are the fucktards who keep trying to running grapple and taunt to win
>>
>>2972842
no one likes the stamina system.
>>
File: image.jpg (813KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
813KB, 1280x960px
Outside of the GOAT revenge mode, this game has nothing to offer.
>>
>>2969385
I could never beat Goldberg. I turned him off in the season mode because I couldn't even beat him if I played with lesnar
>>
I wish I could romance the female superstars in the newer games
>>
The Fire Pro series, as fantastic as their base gameplay systems are, always lag behind in content compared to other wrestling games. Not even asking for stuff like ladder matches since it's still Japanese in the end, but stuff like more kind of springboard moves so the game can accommodate something like Cesaro's springboard uppercut.
>>
>not making an army of all default caws with 64 overall
>not putting them all on one show
>not easily ranking up your Caws that way
>>
>>2969341
IS COOKIN IS COOKIN IS COOKIN
>>
>>2969335

Get good with reversals, I only ever get pinned if I fuck around.

The major flaw of any wrestling game is the stats, since they exist to highlight who is being pushed.
>>
File: 1490160333432.jpg (220KB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
1490160333432.jpg
220KB, 1920x1090px
>>2974844
this
i miss the implied sex dialogue between the divas in smackdown sym
>>
>>2974957
>stacy keibler encouraging you to keep your head up after a disappointing season mode and not getting in the WM card

They're bringing back the season mode so hopefully romances are in
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.