[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here's a simple argument.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

File: recent wwe attendance.png (51KB, 694x550px) Image search: [Google]
recent wwe attendance.png
51KB, 694x550px
If you've been on this board for longer than 5 minutes and haven't been immediately repulsed by the incredibly unfunny and forced "memes", the atrocious threads, the retarded userbase, or Yelissa, you might've seen the following sentences and theories around:

"In-ring performance doesn't draw dimes"
"6 star matches don't draw dimes"
"workrate doesn't draw dimes"
"flippy manlets don't draw dimes only 6'2+ big hosses draw dimes"
"storylines and characters draw dimes"
"charisma and funny skits draw dimes"

If such things were true, why are Raw and Smackdown TV tapings, which consist primarily of scripted promos, segments, skits drawing only a few thousand fans while PPV events which contain NONE of those things and consist primarily of crazy matches, stipulations and heavyweight title contentions normally sell 10,000+ seats, if not several thousands more? Wow, it almost seems like anticipated MATCHES are the draw in professional wrestling, not storyline progression. It's almost as if good matches and stacked cards is what draws, not Jerry Springer-esque "drama" TV. Imagine, if you will a Smackdown TV taping including an AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura back and forth promo exchange. Now imagine an event including a match between Nakamura and AJ Styles. Of these two, which event do you think results in more asses in seats?
>>
Cringe
>>
Story sells the PPV retard

Neck yaself ya mark
>>
because WWE is the worst it have ever been in it's history right now

good stories and characters do draw dimes but WWE have not done that since the late 90s boom

Most people who watched WWE after 2001 did it "because it used to be good" and they hoped someday it would be that good again, but as you can see most people have given up
>>
>>2966989
>6 star matches
>incredibly unfunny and forced "memes"
See the hypocrisy?
>>
File: rip raw.jpg (182KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
rip raw.jpg
182KB, 768x1024px
While we're on this subject, can somebody explain to me why New Japan Pro Wrestling and Ring Of Honor, two companies who overtly put in-ring performances ahead of storylines and promos and all that stuff, continue to grow and grow at a rapid pace, an ROH show headlined by Kenny Omega selling out a 5,500 seat arena in only a few hours while WWE, a promotion that very obviously prioritizes "entertainment" and "drama" before the actual matches and segments like "Bayley: This is your life", "The Old Day" and "Dean Ambrose wears a teddy bear suit and rides a tricycle down to the ring", continues to shrink at alarming rates, Raw and Smackdown tapings drawing particularly poor crowds with large percentages of the arenas being tarped off and moving everyone away from the hard camera side onto the other to give off the appearance of a "packed" house?

The point I'm making here is simple. Matches that look good on paper is what draws the crowds. Not storylines, not segments, not promos, not skits. None of that shit. WWE seems to be prioritizing the "story" instead of the matches when it should be the other way around. Explain to me why Battleground did 12,500 seats while the very next Smackdown Live recording only did 5,700.
>>
Matches do draw dimes but only when it's big hosses doing power moves on each other. Nobody wnats to see flippy twinks
>>
>>2967000
They've had good storylines since then. Its just once they finally get something good they ruin it practically overnight
>>
>>2966989
>6 Star Matches
Fuckin' Meltz-Drone. Off yourself.
>>
>>2967000
>Most people who watched WWE after 2001
You're saying WWE was shit after 2001?The fuck?
WWE started to be shit just when PG was introduced, even then there was 2009 Orton who was enjoyable and other things they've done right including a recent one the feud between Roman and Strowman and how good they're building up Braun overall
>>
>>2966989
WWE was at its best from 2001-2005

>thinking the attitude era was great, when all it was, was jerry springer pro wrestling, with talent being paid so bad, you cant even joke about it, guys having no insurance in case of injury, WWE made all talent sign a waiver if they get hurt, and weren't a top star, they'd be forgotten by wwe, on top of horrific storylines, that were over-shadowed by foul language and "meh suck it" not to mention having one of the worst periods in pro-wrestling "1995"
>>
File: E_Drone.png (271KB, 1200x724px) Image search: [Google]
E_Drone.png
271KB, 1200x724px
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>2966989
>says "6 star matches"
>likes kenny obeta
>thinks hating wwe is the "in" thing to do
>Watches matches between wrestlers whose names in "ono" or "shi"

Fucking cringe, I am not even a native american, i live across the world, but let me tell you this friend, NOBODY likes MANLETS.

>AJ styles
He dont draw none

>Seth freakin Rollins
Not 1 Freakin Dime

>Dean Ambrose
The Lunatic Cringe

>Kenny Obeta
A literal Nu-Male Faggot. The only dimes he draws are from people such as yourself in which case its a VICTORY because people like you should give up your money

>NXMeme

You'd have to be on a very high scale of autism to watch choreographed Flippy Shit with Edgy Manlets and WomanFats.

Big Hosses put Asses in seats, if you think otherwise,
>Brock Lesnar
>Roman Reigns
>Big Cass

These guys are the future. Austin was the last manlet, so you can tell yourself and your friends(by that i mean imaginary/alter egos) to stop prophecizing the death of the WWE and the rise of Manletwrestling.inc ... cuz it aint happening Grampa, party's over.
>>
>>2967007
>>2967001
By that he means good matches, if 2 people are gonna have a match and they have been putting good matches recently, ofc people are gonna be hyped, you don't know a match is 6 stars until after it happens, when you know, tickets have already been sold
>>
>>2967030
1995 was new generation dork
>>
>>2967032
>trying this hard and failing to mock le e drones
What a sad fuck kek
>>
File: Bayley fan4.png (401KB, 326x596px) Image search: [Google]
Bayley fan4.png
401KB, 326x596px
>>2967042
(You)
>>
>>2967043
>implying it's not the obese smarks like you who like bayley and womyn's wrestling
>>
>>2967044
No I don't like wymyn wrestling ya pinhead
We don't have wymyn wrestling in New Japan
That's E-Drones and feminism
>>
>>2967043
>>2967044
Forgot
>also posting a gook
kek the fucking irony
>>
>>2967048
>also posting a gook
Why does race matter here?
He's an obvious E-Drone who cares what he is
Go back to /pol/ redneck
>>
File: KEK DIMES DRAWN.jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
KEK DIMES DRAWN.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
>>2967034

OP here, this has to be one of the stupidest, most obtuse arguments I think I have ever come across in my entire fucking life. It's difficult to only rip apart one of the many stupid things you've said instead of your entire cringe-inducing essay but I'll do it.

The future:

>Brock Lesnar
>Roman Reigns
>Big Cass

Brock Lesnar's leaving, going back to the UFC to fight Jon Jones, Roman Reigns couldn't be a bigger anti-draw if he tried, ratings and attendance has absolutely nosedived since they began advertising him as "the guy", attendance and ratings dwindling away, year after year, cannot cut a promo to save his life, is incredibly boring, atrocious in the ring,
(Which we've already determined is the main draw for professional wrestling: In-ring work) RAW hasn't sold out in MONTHS since he was appointed and Big Cass: Fucking LOL. WWE officials DO NOT want him working with ANYBODY besides Enzo Amore, who they are planning to send to 205 Live or NXT, because they have NO faith in his ability to draw heat or even the slightest crowd engagement, is horrible in the ring, a 7-foot tall CAW, looks extremely generic (At least Roman Reigns looks decent), like a Mega-Edge and just like Roman, can't cut a promo to save his fucking life without Enzo, who, you ironically dismiss as a manlet when he's the only fucking thing keeping Big Cass on life support.

You're a fucking moron, just turn in your discussion badge.
>>
>>2967008
WWE has always been shit after 2001

they have a few great storylines here and there but after WCW died vince never put the effort into anything
>>
>>2967049
Because you're a fucking weeb, meaning you love gooks(wrestling)
Also
>muh wacism
>muh /pol/ boogeyman
Found the turdditor
>>
>>2966989
Because storylines/characters/charisma DO draw dimes. The problem is WWE doesn't have any of that. It's shit. It's the worst wrestling around right now because it doesn't have storylines or characters while also having the worst ring work of any promotion.
>>
>>2967056
No. It was good up to 2004. After Heyman was removed from Smackdown, Rock left, Austin left, Brock left, Triple H becoming THE GUY, Cena becoming THE GUY - that is when it began to turn to shit. And that started in 2004.
>>
File: ratings.jpg (37KB, 210x182px) Image search: [Google]
ratings.jpg
37KB, 210x182px
Weeb Wrestling, please. You're not relevant. No matter how many stars Le Meltz shills for you. So please get off /asp/.

/asp/ is /wwe/
>>
>>2967077
>No. It was good up to 2004
the millions of people who stopped watching wrestling disagree
>>
>>2966989
Honestly the television format has been dated ever since people stopped having to flip through channels. Back when people had to do that, they might have stopped on something they saw on Raw and became a wrestling fan that same night. That would have been the primary way of growing the fanbase. But now? It's more of an obligation fans sign up for the requires them to stay in the WWE bubble. It's one more hurdle to leap before ending your relationship with the company.
But now the question is, how do we replace the tv show? What can WWE do to provide regular product in a manner that can attract new customers?
>>
>>2967002

>thinking people care about fake fighting this much.

pro wrestling got big because of unique characters that could work a crowd. Kenny Omega is selling out his shows because his character has the it factor that people are drawn to. Are you really going to tell me those Rock v. Austin matches were high athletic performances compared to what guys do today?

Double double E stifles this by over scripting the entire roster and not letting anyone bring any personality to the table.
>>
>>2967254
>Double double E stifles this by over scripting the entire roster and not letting anyone bring any personality to the table.
Majority of the roster is a bunch of dweebs though however, Roman Reigns is an example of what you said
>>
>>2967254
If it weren't for things like podcasts and Talking Smack I wouldn't care about half as many wrestlers, I'm sure. WWE has gotten lazy because they count on the reality part of this era to introduce characters.
>>
>>2966989
>complains about forced maymays
>uses the draws dimes maymay

Nigga u gay
>>
Why does it have to be one way and not the other? Why not a really great story, that is capped off with a great match?
>>
>>2966989
But storylines and characters DO draw dimes. Is this even arguable?

It's only because WWE sucks ass at creating both. Entire ppvs have been sold on story alone.
>>
>>2967008
WWE was shit when faggot anti draws like cena and orton were pushed.
>>
>>2967282

I tend to agree but I really can't even tell who may have charisma anymore with the bullshit WWE makes these guys say. Some of them could even grow out of their dweeb status if they were allowed to take chances.

Rocky Maivia and Hunter Hearst Helmsley were two characters that no one cared about when they debuted. If they were forced to stick with those original personas we wouldn't know their names today.

>>2967291

This could be the companies biggest asset if they embraced it more.
>>
>>2966989
Cringe
>>
>>2967030
RAW in 2002-2003 was unwatchably awful
>>
>>2966995
>Story sells the PPV retard
>Neck yaself ya mark

You could have Rock/Austin level of stories but if that story is for Hornswoggle vs Eva Marie no-one will give a fuck.
>>
>>2967424
This, the only reason RAW back then didn't do as bad as RAW does now is because they were fresh off their peak in popularity and people weren't ready to stop watching wrestling quite yet. SD was fantastic during that time but it was always more of a hardcore fan oriented product.
>>
>>2967438
Whoa so ;you are saying that if the story was good people will care about it but if the story was bad people wouldn't care about it? Thanks for making me think.
>>
>>2966991
BASED
>>
>>2967424
It really was. I don't care how many indie darlings Triple H poses next too, he was and is cancer.
>>
AJ Styles has unironically never drew a dime, so I don't know what you're trying to say there, OP.
>>
>>2968008
>butthurt wcw fans
>>
>story doesn't draw
Also cringe, the point is to give away story segments and feud setups for free and then charge for the big matches and blowoffs (it's also the reason WWE is struggling, because shitty writing). If you have 20 anticipated/big matches for free on TV every week then no match will feel big or anticipated. That's the reason PPVs draw big money. Imagine if UFC didn't have PPVs and had their champions and big names only on TV every week, they would have never gotten as big as they are now.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.