[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>millions of people will never again mark the fuck out over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1501966445270.png (177KB, 367x321px) Image search: [Google]
1501966445270.png
177KB, 367x321px
>millions of people will never again mark the fuck out over wrestling on a weekly basis like they did in the late 90s
thanks for not letting me watch wrestling as a kid mom and dad
>>
Thanks for conceiving me 6 years to late mum and dad
>>
>>2966669
Territory wrestling is coming back. You can start your own wrestling promotion for less than $10 now and broadcast it all over the world for free.

Millennials are jaded with television and film. They are going to seek out cheap, live entertainment. Such as wrestling.

Gen Z doesn't care about production values. They are growing up watching youtube channels with shoestring budgets, and the youngest members are watching Spider-Man and Elsa videos. They really, truly do not give a fuck about big budget productions, they just want funny and meme-y.

When Vince dies everything will change.
>>
>>2966675
>You can start your own wrestling promotion for less than $10 now
*10k* not ten dollars.

All you need is a ring, some wrestlers, a rented out bingo hall, and a couple of digital cameras. With a budget of a few thousand dollars you can even go multi-cam and rig up some lighting. A projector screen for trons, pyro, all the bally-hoo is quite doable.
>>
>>2966676
>actually only $10
All the poos on YouTube get millions of views with no production value whatsoever.
>>
>>2966675
>>2966676
yeah nah
>>
>>2966680
Well, that is true.
>>
Entertainment's cyclical. It'll be back eventually.
>>
>>2966669
lol
>>
>>2966684
>no argument

yeah yes
>>
>>2966675
No, you sperg.
>>
>dad finds out how to steal cable and sets it up
>get to watch AE like all of the cool kids
>dad complains throughout the whole show because they talk too much and it's nothing like real wrestling aka lucha libre
you're still based dad.
>>
>>2969576
Oh, sorry reddit, I thought the idea was so preposterous, my response was argument enough for anyone with half a brain cell. The idea that territories will come back, and ever come close to the feeling and experience and phenomenon that pro wrestling was in pop culture during the Attitude Era at that, is laughable. It's not going to happen.

>They really, truly do not give a fuck about big budget productions, they just want funny and meme-y.
Exactly, everyone has ADHD, and a 3 minute clip is all they're good for. How does this compare to tens of millions tuning in every week, and buying the t-shirts, and talking about it at school and at work, and TV shows discussing it all the time, and movies being made about it, and so on and so forth?

On top of that everyone thinks wrestling is retarded and has for well over a decade now. Like, literally EVERYONE, except fatass nerdy smarks and soccer moms with their children (some of whom are probably fatass nerdy smarks as well).
>>
>>2969582
not an argument
>>
>>2969620
That will come again later as the cycle starts all over again. It is already well underway in the mainstream television industry where the many independent youtube channels have been bought up and consolidated.
>>
>>2966721
>Entertainment's cyclical.
Getting worked by the WWE narrative.
>>
>>2966669
You don't know?

NJPW is bringing back the big audiences with wrestlers more iconic and charismatic than Austin and Rock together.
>>
>>2966721
WWE has been saying this for over 15 years.
>>
>>2970095
And they are still the biggest company and that is never going to change.

People want WWE not other companies.
>>
>>2970099
>People want WWE

Reminder they're losing over a half-a-MILLION regular consumers ever year
>>
>>2970101
And still they are so much bigger than any others companies that is ridiculous.
>>
>>2970103
>so much bigger

They're not tho, New Japan PPVs are outdrawing Smackdown PPVs

>it's okay to lose millions of consumers if you're still #1
>>
You know who "blows" the trumpet of NuJewPan and PooTube?

Beta-Cucks that didn't live thru the Monday Night Wars.

They never knew what it was like for the world to love wrestling. They only know this dying era. It's all sad and pathetic. Just like they are.

RIP real wrestling.
>>
>>2966669
I watched wrestling as a kid and just got back into it now. Based NJPW bringing the mark out moments back.
>>
>>2970125
Starrcade 1995 was an inter-promotional show with New Japan

>It's all sad and pathetic. Just like they are.

t. bitter manbaby alone in a nursing home
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.