[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pfftthahahahaaaaahahaha.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 7

File: poor attendance.jpg (315KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
poor attendance.jpg
315KB, 1200x1600px
From the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

>Neither SummerSlam nor NXT Takeover are sold out, with no tickets priced at less than $555. The secondary market price for entry is $142.

LMFAOOOOOOOO WWE CAN NOT ONLY NOT SELL OUT WRESTLEMANIA ANYMORE BUT THEY CAN'T EVEN SELL OUT THE BARCLAY'S CENTER IN THE MOST DENSELY POPULATED CITY IN THE WORLD FOR THEIR SECOND BIGGEST SHOW OF THE YEAR DESPITE IT SEATING AROUND 16,000 SEATS LMFAOOOO YOOOOOOOO

The WWE is FUCKED, how the fuck are you unable to sell out BROOKLYN? Holy shit, thank god this company is dying hahahaha.
>>
>>2960729
They should lower prices 2bh
>>
Good. The entire product has been shit. Raw, smackdown, NXT. All garbage. I hope numbers keep declining and they're forced to actually try to put out a quality wrestling show.
>>
>>2960729
No indie mega stars -> no buys.
Time to bring Adam Cole already.
>>
Ticket prices are a little insane. To get some decent seats at Smackdown of all things set me back about $120
>>
>>2960734
Yeah, another sub 6 foot charisma vacuum indie shitter is exactly what they need.
>>
File: dominion vs wwe.jpg (200KB, 601x753px) Image search: [Google]
dominion vs wwe.jpg
200KB, 601x753px
>>2960731

Reminder that for Battleground in Philadelphia, in what they consider an "A City", they missed a sellout by around 7,000 seats, in a PPV headlined by Randy Orton, John Cena, AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, Jinder Mahal, Rusev and all the other superstars of Smackdown Live, AFTER slashing prices by 50%, sacrificing hundreds of dollars worth of profit and STILL missing out a legitimate sellout by more than 7,000 seats. Jesus fucking Christ, E-drones. There is no excuse, NO EXCUSE that the WWE should be performing this badly. Just admit it, they're in a very difficult, weak spot right now and they. They can't sell out Philadelphia, they can't sell out Wrestlemania, they can't sell out the Royal Rumble, they missed that by about 20,000 seats, they can't even sell out NEW YORK FUCKING CITY for Summerslam anymore. This is unbelievable.
>>
>>2960738

"sub 6 foot"

Absolutely no one, NOBODY cares about height in wrestling.

>O-on-only big mastadons can draw

Diesel is the lowest rated WWE champion of all time, the great Khali, Big Show and Big Cass come out to lukewarm and indifference meanwhile Daniel Bryan and AJ Styles, two men who fall under the category of "manlet" get monstrous reactions, push the fuck out of merchandise and are two of the most beloved performers in WWE history, amongst the ONLY two performers who are actually beloved by the crowd. It literally has nothing to do with height as much as it has to do with talent and personality and you have to fucking be mentally challenged to believe someone who's 6'5 but has the personality of a wet paper towel is more deserving of a main event spot than a 5'7 underdog who has been proving himself in the independents for almost 2 decades.
>>
>>2960738
Pushing Roode and Drew > No buys.

Reminder that NXT peaked when Balor was main eventing.
>>
>>2960729
NXT lost it's two best tag teams (DIY & Revival) and several of it's best wrestlers.

It's in a rebuilding phase.

Selling out shouldn't even really be that big a deal for NXT.

For the main programs it absolutely is.

Reigns being pushed over and over has caused their fans to leave. That simple.
>>
>>2960729
By the way Takeovers are selling out just on the day of the event. That has been the case from Brooklyn 2. They do not sellout well in advance. There is always a fear they won't be able to fill the building, but they always do in the end.
>>
I really hope WWE dies out so Wrestling can reinvent itself to be entertaining again.
>>
File: WWF TV Nielsen Rating Average.jpg (32KB, 338x215px) Image search: [Google]
WWF TV Nielsen Rating Average.jpg
32KB, 338x215px
>>2960747
>Diesel is the lowest rated WWE Champion of all time
Diesel was Champion in 1995. Your opinion has zero credibility.
>>
>>2960747
Bryan got reactions but didn't draw. AJ is 6/10 reactions but that is being generous because standards now or so low - he also doesn't put asses in seats.

Great Khali is more over worldwide than Bryan and AJ ever will be - a logic I'm sure will struggle to comprehend. Big Show is a bigger draw than Bryan and AJ - just compare their numbers. Big Cass I'm not high on but he's just starting his career but funny how you leave out Braun who is going to be a major star.

You're a moron if you think size doesn't matter in wrestling. It does and always has. Funny how you still haven't learned your lesson with Roman Reigns getting pushed no matter how much you clamour for small indie midgets to be on top.

Pro wrestling has nothing to do withy "deserving it" it's a business and it's about drawing money. You're a mark and it's why if you ran a promotion you'd be out of business in a flash.
>>
>>2960843
>WWE has been stuck in 1996 for 4 years now
>>
>>2960857
>Funny how you still haven't learned your lesson with Roman Reigns getting pushed no matter how much you clamour for small indie midgets to be on top.
>Posting that in a thread where pushing Reigns is killing the company.
>>
>>2960738
Indy shitters are the reason wwe is dying
>>
>>2960740
>they're not selling out so I shouldn't watch it

Nice logic
>>
>>2960857

Bryan drew the biggest numbers since, and was the biggest star since Cena.

If everybody in the building is going wild for you for years straight, it's safe to say you are drawing something.

But Bryan is an exception to the rule, yes usually bigger guys draw, Big Show drewfora long time and his crying segment around 2012 had more viewers than any Rock segment.

AJ also did big merch numbers since his debut and has almost always been top 10 since, the gates went up with him as SD champ.

No SD still can't sell out because of years of it being the B show and people expecting the show to be boring filler, same goes for the overall WWE product, people just expect it to be shit and don't tune in anymore, casuals who left wont even know there was a brand split and that SD is the better show, and wont even know it is in town because they curiously pulled back on advertising their shows... but it improved on ratings and gate as much as they could with the diminished fanbase they have now.
>>
>>2960729
wow they really can't sell out summerslam? that's pretty embarrassing 2bh boys. I shrugged it off for the PPV in Philly because it's a C-tier show in the middle of the summer when people are on vacation, but not selling out your second biggest show in the biggest city in the country is pretty embarrassing. Wonder how they will damage control this.
>>
>>2960843
>keeping a literal folder of Nash defense images
Imagine trying to explain this to a Doctor and not sounding completely obsessed and insane.
>>
>>2960880
Samefag
>>
>>2960750
Sasha and Bayley were the draws, not Gaylor.
>>
>>2960883
>e-drone can't comprehend the fact that multiple people are surprised the WWE can't sell out their second biggest show of the year
The delusional cult meme is looking more and more true every day.
>>
>>2960880
>second biggest show
Royal Rumble is the 2nd biggest WWE show of the year, it literally sets up the Main Event for their biggest show
>>
>>2960729
>16 days left until the PPV
>Thinking tickets will sell out that quickly for this mediocre piece of shit companies event
>HUR DUR IT'S ALL OVER THE SKY IS FALLING BECAUSE TICKETS DIDN'T SELL OUT 2 WEEKS BEFORE THE EVENT
>>
>>2960889
if it's not the second then it's a close third, whatever. Don't split hairs over the fact that they can't sell out one of their yearly headlining shows in the biggest city in america.
>>
>>2960888
>e-drone

njpw shill seething
>>
>>2960892
>third
Survivor Series has been better than Summer Slam the last 5+ years desu baka senpai
>>
>>2960817
>bu-but nxt is i-in a re-building ph-phase
Been hearing this shit since the fall of 2015.
>>
>>2960906
'no' cuckvivor series is dogshit
>>
>>2960729
Selectively edited.
>>
>>2960740
Fake news. That picture is from the dark match after 205 Leave. It means nothing compared to how many people were there during the Smackdown taping.
>>
File: 1494524949442.jpg (50KB, 400x472px) Image search: [Google]
1494524949442.jpg
50KB, 400x472px
>>2960843
Hi kevin!
>>
People aren't buying $500 tickets? Shocker!
>>
>>2960882
worked
>>
>>2960958
Those are the only ones left. They didn't start at $500. The $142 figure for second-hand tickets doesn't reflect original prices either.
>>
>>2960913
>Been hearing this shit since the fall of 2015.
I guess you could call the last year and a half rebuilding compared to the "peak" of NXT, but they have been putting out great shows when Joe, Nakmaura, DIY, Revival, Thicci Cross, Asuka & when the UK guys are around, but they've kinda tapped out the quality level and are rebuilding both their divisions.

I suppose it's like a team winning a championship but only making the semi-final the next year you wouldn't call that 'rebuilding', but then they've begun falling back further and need to do that rebuilding.
>>
>>2960729
>Meltzer
lol
>>
I thought Bork was supposed to be a draw
>>
>>2960968
Dump NXT. Let the Indies groom your talent then cherry pick them
>>
>>2961003
that vanilla midget couldn't draw a dime if his life depended on it.
>>
>>2961007
You idiot, do you not understand the purpose of NXT?
>>
>>2960828

>they always do in the end.

I was at Takeover chicago and it did not, probably around 2/3rds of the upper level were tarpped off.
>>
>>2961016

To poorly train rejected football players?
>>
2 weeks
Also, this is the card so far
>Bork vs Braun vs Roman vs Overrated Joe(and the reason I say he's overrated is because all he does is spam the Cockina Clutch and yell)
Obviously the main event and the best by far on the card
>Naomi vs Natalia
Womyn's wrestling, nuff said
>Bliss vs Bayley
Womyn's wrestling, nuff said
>Poo vs Naka
The absolute state of the WWE Championship
>Neville vs midget gook with titus
Bleah, not interesting at all
>AJ Styles vs Fatty Blowens
Again. Should've been AJ vs Orton
>Orton vs Rusev
Feud out of nowhere, might be a decent match

So as you can see, overall the PPV is already a disaster
>>
>>2961007
>Dump NXT. Let the Indies groom your talent then cherry pick them
nah. I think NXT is a good compromise/middle ground between bingo hall literally who promotions that you can't follow easily and NJPW/WWE productions.
>>
>>2961049
See, to me this looks like a fun card for the most part. I don't really care about Neville/Tozawa, but they might flip the title here. Also, the Bliss opponent will change before SS, as Bailey is fucked by shoulder injury. I'm expecting a possible cash-in after Nattie beats Naomi, or alternatively, Nattie carries Naomi through the best match of her Championship run and makes her look legit finally. AJ/Owens is a re-run of course but should be fun. Fatal 4-way will be awesome and I legit have no idea who's winning. Nak vs Poo is a complete unknown. I sincerely doubt Jinder will hand Nakamura his first loss, but we may not get a clear finish at all out of this. I'm interested to see where it all goes. The best shows are ones where the outcome of the matches is not easy to predict.
>>
>keep pushing "THE GUY" who drives away 500K regular viewers from RAW each year
>put the WWE World Championship on a fucking jobber

"Why can't we sell out shows?"

>>2960738
t. never watched him

>>2960857
>Bryan got reactions but didn't draw. AJ is 6/10 reactions but that is being generous because standards now or so low - he also doesn't put asses in seats.

Why lie on the internet?

>>2960891
Dominion sold out 2 weeks in advance.

Backlash & Battleground still haven't sold out.
>>
>>2960750
Joe v Nakamura was good
I also really like Nakamura v Roode

But they had no follow up for Roode after Nakamura left. I kind of feel bad for him.
>>
>>2961092
HIDEO's match was better than either of Nakamura's

>forgetting Based Familyman Roddy
>>
>>2961083
>Backlash & Battleground still haven't sold out.

They already happened, you semen hound.
>>
>>2960843
>itypedsomethinginwordandscreenshottedit.jpg
>>
>>2961066
>he Bliss opponent will change before SS, as Bailey is fucked by shoulder injury
Yeah, I mean sure Bayley is the worst(no offense but it's the truth), but Bliss against different woman doesn't make it any better really
>I'm expecting a possible cash-in after Nattie beats Naomi, or alternatively, Nattie carries Naomi through the best match of her Championship run and makes her look legit finally
No cash-in, they continue Naomi reign so they please the black audience, and I personally dont care as it's the same shit, women wrestling
>AJ/Owens is a re-run of course but should be fun
Nah, it could've been fun if there was some stipulation or no disqualification match so they could use weapons, but it isn't so it's the same simple and boring shit
Totally agree about the fatal 4 way
Nak vs Poo is a weird one yeah, and will most likely be shit and also poo will win dirty again
>>
>>2961097
>the joke
>yo' head
>>
>>2961105
>AJ/Owens
>it could've been fun if there was some stipulation or no disqualification match so they could use weapons

Well I'm not a child, so I'm not too concerned about pro wrestlers using "weapons"
>>
>>2961125
That doesn't make any sense, whatever
Forgot that Shane is the referee so that's something else and it might be fun
>>
4 of Cena's 14 clean 1-on-1 losses happened at SummerSlam btw.
>>
>>2960729

IT'S LIKE WWE IS FUCKING RETARDING FOR BUILD A BRAND WHEN THAT BRAND IS DYING RATHER THAN BUILDING LIKEABLE BABYFACES AND STARS! Bryan Alverez might Le Meltzs sock puppet but he is right about the the undetdog getting constantly beat up by the supercool heels for MUH HEAT killing babyface crediblity thing.

When the fuck was the last time the E had an almost unanimously loved face? Bryan?
>>
>>2961083

>gook wrestling in a bingo hall sold out

that's like saying some niche JRPG sold out of stores therefore it is doing better than Call of Duty.
>>
>>2960738
>pushes Boreman Lames to the moon
>company revenue tanks and fans leave the product en masse
Yeah, WWE should keep doing what they're doing.
>>
>>2960729

>RAW champion is MIA
>Smackdown champion is a guy they superpushed for no reason other than LE LAND OF OPPORTUNITY

GEE I WONDER WHY REVENUE IS DOWN???!!!
>>
>>2961164
Dominion had a crowd of nearly 12K
>>
>>2961160
Holy shit calm down you're going to blow an o-ring.
>>
>>2961160
Dean?
BMAJ?
Seth?
>>
>>2961171
So did the last Smackdown TV taping in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
>>
>>2961169
>RAW champion is MIA
Brock is a draw though
Also the shitty card
Women's wrestling is an absolute clusterfuck
>>
>>2961178

>Seth
pulled the trigger too late. If he came back full face after his injury he would be fine
>Dean
>AJ
only smarks care about him he doesn't put asses in seats in wwe burgerstan
>Deanetty
they gave him the strap and it only made for a short term boost
>>
>>2961187
>Brock is a draw though

yeah for PPVs. RAW is in the shitter and suffers since it has to rely on """""womens""""" wrestling and BIG SLOW for its "main event"
>>
>>2960740
In 2008 They only sold 8000 tickets in a 20k-seater headlined by batista and undertaker. It comes and goes
>>
>>2961179
>Mahal getting a 12K crowd

[X] DOUBT

>>2961190
>State of this moron

We're talking about overness not drawing.

>Styles isn't a draw

lying
>>
>>2961171

you're just proving my point anon. Even WWE at it's lowest can outdraw outlaw shit.
>>
>>2961202

over doesn't mean money faggot
>>
>>2961203
Backlash didn't even break 10K

>>2961209
I understand you are very much in need of having an argument with somebody, but you really should know what a discussion is about before attempting to enter it.
>>
>>2960747
Vince McMahon cares about height in wrestling. And since he's the one who's basically responsible for making the final decision with regards to who they'll push, who gets to win/be champ etc, technically height DOES matter when you're working for his company. Your post only proves my point - guys like Cass and Khali suck ass and yet he pushes them to the moon, whereas for him to push a smaller dude they really have to be exceptional talents like Bryan and AJ.
>>
>>2960747
>>2960843
>>2960857
/thread

Also, LMAO at analyst-wannabes claiming Diesel was a low rated champion for any other reason than the entire WWF product SUCKED in 1995/1996, especially compared to WCW. And Diesel wasn't all that interesting of a character. But even if he was it wouldn't have mattered much. WCW was whipping WWF's ass at the time with a superior product. Even when Stone Cold was getting heavy airtime in 1997 Raw was still lagging in the ratings. And how about WCW having Hogan for years but him not drawing until they brought in the NWO storyline, despite Hogan being undoubtedly one of the biggest draws of all time. Or Nash going to WCW and immediately being a huge draw there.
>>
Whys everyone still going on about individual stars when it's pretty obvious the fault is in the booking? The company has never had a roster with this much depth. But the approach to booking that's taken with shitty storytelling and overly scripted bit for each star is a bad combo. At this point I am really wondering why there aren't large scale changes with the writers, unless the "it's Vince who makes the final decisions" thing that people say really is true.

Even NJPW was ass in the 2000s with the awful booking decisions until Gedo became a booker despite also having a good roster st that time.
>>
>>2960740
keep spending your hard earned yen foreign indy smark
>>
>>2961301
>The company has never had a roster with this much depth.
Smarks ACTUALLY believe this current roster has more depth and talent than the roster that had

>Austin
>Bret
>Taker
>HBK
>HHH
>Rock
>Mankind
>Owen
>Pillman
>Sunny
>Sable

Holy shit
>>
>>2961301
Bad writing, but also the roster has a lot of dweebs
And lets not forget PG, despite what whatcuckture says, one of the big reason WWE is so bad is because of the PG era
>>
>>2961337
>but also the roster has a lot of dweebs

they're dweebs because most of them got emancipated by Steph and never had a chance to get back at her
>>
>>2961330
Yeah they sure do. The only reason you think otherwise is due to how the stars were booked. AE guys had full reign to do whatever and were booked more cleverly.
>>2961337
WWE had pretty decent profit going into the PG era though. Like the highest actually since AE peak.
>>
>>2961330
People who think current WWE roster is best ever are delusional morons. Wrestling is about drawing money not 5 star matches which is something they fail to comprehend. This current roster has very few money drawing stars normal people will pay to see: Brock and Cena (part time) and Reigns is about it.
>>
Boy, y'know.

It's almost like WWE's business hasn't been going that great since Wrestlemania.

I wonder what happened at Wrestlemania.
>>
File: Saddest Day In Wrestling.webm (2MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Saddest Day In Wrestling.webm
2MB, 900x506px
>>2961434
it really does activate the electrolytes
>>
I hate to be that guy, but selling out alone does mean less than one would think.

The actual gate is far more interesting.
>>
>>2961439
I never noticed Cone's expression.
>>
>>2961422

Shows with AJ and Ambrose drew more than shows with Reigns.
>>
>>2961451
Holy shit he's cringing harder than I did
>>
>>2961190

AJ had the highest gates out of Dean, Roman, Wyatt, Jinder, Orton, Owens. Multiple time number one selling merch. Best crowd reactions outside of Cena or Orton.

He has both drawn more than others, and entertained more than others, his feud with Cena has been the hottest feud in the past year.
>>
>>2961451
You know you are fucking up when the ref is corpsing watching you.
>>
>>2961164

No, it's like saying one is growing and gaining fans, while another lost almost 2 million fans since they pushed their latest 'top guy'.
>>
Cena v Jinder writes itself

Gook v Jinder = $0.00
>>
>>2961474
>AJ had highest gates
Where did you get gate figures from? Meltzer doesn't report them these days.

I know for a FACT, AJ as WWE champ, house show attendance average was worse than Bray Wyatt, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose & Roman Reigns when they were champ.
>>
>>2961509
>Jinder = $0.00
ftfy my dude.
>>
>>2961285
Nitro didn't even start airing until after SummerSlam

>>2961330
>Bret
>HBK
>Rock
>Pillman

Only time they were all active simultaneously Dwayne was shit.

>Sable

kys

>>2961510
You'll have no trouble proving it then?
>>
>>2961301
>The company has never had a roster with this much depth.
Still pushing this meme?
>>
>>2960729
Why would anyone wanna go to summerslam? It'd be a big waste of time, I wouldn't even go for free and I live in the city.
>>
>>2960747
>NOBODY cares about height in wrestling.
This is the opinion that can only be held by a person who is between the age of 14-20
>>
>>2961600
I agree: the only heightmarks left are developmentally-arrested manchildren
>>
>>2960750
>NXT peaked when Balor was main eventing.
This was literally when it was declining

It peaked at Sami vs. Neville with Sami finally winning, that was the absolute high point that brand has ever had or will ever have.
>>
>>2960889
>>2960889
The Rumble hasn't actually meant anything in over 10 years, the guy who got tossed out last this year ended up main-eventing, it's pretty clear that WE consider Summerslam to be their 2nd wrestlemania.
>>
>>2961083
>Over-saturate the product with indie darlings who all look and wrestle the same.
>Book everyone horribly
>Worked obese smark still blames it on Roman
>>
>>2961615
>Goldberg wants to win the Royal Rumble so he can fight for the Universal Championship
>Loses the Rumble
>Walks up to Owens two weeks later and gets a shot at the Universal Title by asking.
>Roman and Undertaker's feud is started by Roman throwing Undertaker out of the Rumble, thus preventing the Undertaker from main eventing Wrestlemania.
>Roman is then thrown out as well, meaning he can't main event Wrestlemania.
>Roman and the Undertaker main event Wrestlemania

I mean I get it, it was Taker's last match but for fuck's sake.
>>
>>2960747
>>2960857
Both of you dumb reddit faggots are wrong, yes the look does matter but the most important thing is fucking CHARISMA AND CHARACTER, Nash was a mastadon but he was charismatic and had a character, Eddie was a manlet but he was charasmatic and had a character, now go back faggots
>>
>>2961635
You can blame Roman's booking. Not the man himself, he's trying his hardest out there. But Roman's booking and the way everything just fucking feeds into it like a black hole is very damaging to the product.
>>
>>2961637
All this could have been fixed by having Taker win the Rumble and Roman challenging him, but they had to take the full retard route, and that's why I stopped watching completely. Haven't watched any PPVs since mania, heard Jinder became WWE champ and started laughing
>>
>>2961474
Lmao what??? That's bullshit, Dean by FAR had the highest gate with Sheamus coming 2nd you retard
>>
>>2960868
Remind me who is the top guy in WWE
>>
>>2961635
>indie darlings who all look and wrestle the same

Name 3

>everyone gets booked horribly
>over-protected Reigns is STILL below par
>>
>>2961660
You think a layman knows the difference between Styles, Rollins, and Sami Zayn. They could all be the same person for all I care.
>>
>>2961677
I'm sorry. Didn't realise I was talking to the blind.
>>
>>2961694
You asked me to list 3 indie darlings who all wrestle the same and I did. Now you're just butthurt which I can honestly say I expected, clear symptom of losers who love to pin all the blame on Roman as if he's the one running the company.
>>
File: 9a1c883447ee476bb2796762a30efcee.jpg (180KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
9a1c883447ee476bb2796762a30efcee.jpg
180KB, 1200x1200px
>>2961701
It's like I'm seeing double: FOUR Phenomenal Ones!

>y-you're juh-juh-just buh-butthurt
>muh bewuved Roman

Pathetic.
>>
>>2961407
>Yeah they sure do. The only reason you think otherwise is due to how the stars were booked. AE guys had full reign to do whatever and were booked more cleverly.
Your last point is true but that doesn't change the fact that almost everyone on the current roster are soft, beta nu-male charisma vacuums, with average bodies and below average heights.

Name me a better talker or a bigger badass on the current roster than Austin.

Name me a better technical wrestler on the current roster than Bret Hart, who was so over he had people line up for miles in his home country (and he signed every single one of those autographs BTW).

Name me a better big-man than Undertaker

Name me a more naturally charismatic wrestler than HBK who was likeable despite the fact he acted like a flaming faggot all the time.

Name me a better crazy-man / lunatic than Pillman or Sid.

The list goes on. Talent-wise the current roster has

NOTHING
O
T
H
I
N
G

on the 97/98/99/00/01/02/03 rosters. Nothing.
>>
>>2961706
>Name me a more naturally charismatic wrestler than HBK who was likeable despite the fact he acted like a flaming faggot all the time.

I guess that explains why he was getting booed in 1996/1997 before he turned and was petulantly salty about it for months...
>>
>>2961706
Only one who can compete today is Braun with who you listed as big men but even then it's a stretch. I think half the reason I like Braun is when I'm not paying attention and hear him talk he sounds like some weird mix of Hogan and Big Show on the mic. He's got a great voice for promos and looks cool but I doubt he'd be able to hang with the standards of that era.
>>
>>2961705
>ad hominems cause he got butthurt someone isn't defending indie darlings

All the "6 star matches" in the world doesn't negate the fact they cannot draw a single penny, no mainstream appeal, general disinterest in the public, can't sell out a major show that's 2 weeks away.
>>
>>2961605
give sami a title confirmed for draw
>>
>>2960740
Battleground was a combination of a poor main event and WWE announcing tickets go on sale for the Rumble the day of the event.

So when offered a chance at seeing a gimmick match with Randy Borton or getting a good seat at the Rumble, where would an actual hardcore fan go?
>>
>>2961734
Reminder they cut ticket prices massively and STILL couldn't sell out.

People would literally rather not go than see a Jinder headlined show (for free)

>>2961719
Oh, how cute. The phrase "ad hominem" was used on him recently and now he's repeating it.

If you legitimately cannot see differences between Zayn & Styles you might actually be retarded.

>they cannot draw a single penny, no mainstream appeal, general disinterest in the public, can't sell out a major show that's 2 weeks away.

We're not talking about Reigns
>>
>>2960747
>t. manlet
>>
>>2961747
>We're not talking about Reigns
That's right we're talking about indie darlings who held the major over 6 months last year.

>If you legitimately cannot see differences between Zayn & Styles you might actually be retarded.
Seems to me that it's you who is retarded because I just explicitly told you to the layman they're not all that different, and that's what we're talking about here casual appeal, not someone like you who has probably seen every lucha underground episode there is.

You can't even read basic text at a kindergarten level.
>>
>>2961439
Literally who else was supposed to retire taker

Don't fucking say cena
>>
>>2961787
Cena
>>
>>2961324
KEK
>>
>>2961439
weak ass roman
>>
>>2960729
>there are people who will actually pay $555+ to eat shit for 5 hours

Wew
>>
>>2961439
God. You know full well you're going to be wrestling one of the top 5 all time greats, one of the most beloved (if not the most beloved) and respected wrestlers by both wrestlers and fans alike, and you don't at the very least give him a match with no obvious flaws or botches? Especially for such a big spot as that? What a disgrace, Vince should have fired him on the spot. Actually I'll bet he wanted to, but Taker being the guy he is probably stepped him in and told him to forget about it.
>>
>>2961066
Owens vs AJ will also start build to Owens vs Shane at Royal RUmble or even WM. So that's at least half a year of build of some story. So I am the most interested in this match.
>>
>>2961826
The botch was Taker's fault my obese friend.
>>
>>2961787
Kane
>>
>>2961197
your women wrestling does great 1/4hour numbers as said by Vince McMahon during Q2 investors call
>>
>>2961787
Styles could have carried Taker to a good match.
>>
>>2961706
You know you approached this wrong way. The reason there are no big stars is because THE BRAND itself has to be a draw. Not some single star.
Vince doesn't want anymore Rocks, Ultimate Warriors, Bret Harts and Austins. He doesn't want someone who will oppose his way and who will get over on their own without his allowance.
The guys who could get over on their own: Owens and Zayn (these two are excellent together), Tozawa, Cesaro, AJ, Ambrose and Gran Metallik. All of them have great careers and all of them know what to do to engage an audience.
Dean for example was known for great promos, that were in style of insane 80s wrestlers. Zayn was great babyface just by his bodylanguage, he wore a mask and his character didn't speak and he could drew emotion out of you with stuff he did in the ring. Gran Metallik is better Rey Mysterio for Latinos.
But WWE (by that I mean Vince McMahon) doesn't want to be left at mercy of a performer. You will go to WWE event, not to an event where you can see your one favorite. Because if any of them is a star, if they leave or get injured (see Balor last year) it creates big hole in VKM plans. And he hates loosing control.
>>
>>2961894
We already had a David vs. Goliath match at WM30. Been there, done that - AJ should wrestle someone closer to his own size and skill level like Finn Balor or something.
>>
>>2961337
>but also the roster has a lot of dweebs
Literally means nothing.

No one is given a chance to be anything other than what the script says. Please don't tell me either you've been worked by "behind the scenes" or that the general public viewership is in anyway altered by wrestler private lives.
>>
>>2961422
Best wrestling rosters have variety. Variety that does best with actual development.

It's not a fucking difficult concept. But since you think Brock, Cena AND REIGNS are the only draws I can be safe in the knowledge you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>2961600
Ignorant fuck.
>>2961604
This is a good point. Anyone obsessed with height in this board has serious issues.
>>
>>2961677
>You think a layman knows the difference between Styles, Rollins, and Sami Zayn
Yeah.

Nashposters have literally (and I really mean literally) ZERO basis to the "Vanilla midgets" argument.

THIS was your best example? Jesus Christ.
>>
>>2961871
>Roman isn't hitting the weights
>T-Taker was at fault
You and Roman have a lot in common it seems.
>>
>>2962124
The irony of a fatso like you talking about hitting the weights astounds me

Fyi, that move isn't about raw strength, never has been.
>>
>>2962109
>>2962114
We get it, you grew up with Edge vs. Orton vs. Cena. You think this is the "golden age of wrestling" cause you're still in college
>>
>>2961677
So you're either blind or retarded. Which is it?
>>
>>2961719
What are you even talking about? Lay off the paint chips bro.
>>
>>2962166
I knew that you're butthurt I called all your indie darlings the same but that's just the reality, that's why ratings are in the toilet, cause no one wants to see the same bearded no promo skill cutting sub 6'0" wanker bumble over his words while doing mediocre gymnastic flips. Literally no one, that's why summerslam will remain not sold out.
>>
>>2962173
this is why no one likes you
>>
>>2962188
>Resorts to personal attacks cause his indie darling outlaw wrestling got criticized
I accept your concession, don't even bother replying manlet.
>>
>>2962135

How does Orton get so many main events and be so goddamn boring in the ring and on the mic?

I get that WWE's booking is basically on the same intellectual level as a curdled glass of milk but goddamn. The babyface you're supposed to root for just burned down someone's house, that'll get em to cheer.

Holy fucking shit
>>
>>2960737
Yeah back in Feb I lucked out on second row for 120 but I bought those the day before. Those were $500 VIP tickets that nobody bought
>>
They need to give Joe a detective gimmick. Columbo Joe, the Samoan Suspicion Machine.
>>
>>2961787
Bray

>>2961778
I don't know what you think layman means, pal, but "vision-impaired moron" isn't it.
>>
>>2962135
t. 30-something manchild who determines his favorites with a ruler
>>
>>2962173
Reminder that 500K RAW viewers have dropped the show every year since Reigns won the Royal Rumble.

>I knew that you're butthurt

Who's bumbling over his words again?
>>
>>2962348
Because Cena wouldn't be willing to lose so many PPVs even with cheating, neither Gaytch, Kane is running for mayor, Taker is finished and all the other old guys are retired so Orton is the only 10+ years guy still active and loyal enough to Vince to eat the pin and endure fiascos like the house of horrors of the Punjabi prison 2.0
>>
>>2960963
Boiling
>>
>>2960843
>posts pictorial evidence that Diesel nearly killed the territory and it took 3 years to recover from his disastrous run
>thinks this helps his pro-Diesel argument

Silly anon
>>
>>2960843
>posts pictorial evidence that Diesel nearly killed the territory and it took 3 years to recover from his disastrous run
>thinks this helps his pro-Diesel argument

Silly anon
>>
JUST
>>
>>2963939
>ratings go to the shitter in 1996 when Nash left for WCW
>ratings only surpassed '95 levels when all the business went up in '98
>even with fucking King Mabel as an opponent, Diesel drew the ratings
BASED
>>
>>2961787
fucking anyone that isn't a botch machine
>>
>>2960882
kek
>>
>>2961605
>Not like Balor vs. Joe

That match was badass and probably the best main event the company has had in years.
>>
>>2961025
I've been to a ton of shows at the Allstate and it was shocking to see that much of the venue tarped off. Great show but god damn.
>>
>>2961706
This right here is the issue. Its shocking how lacking in mic skills the current roster is. And whatever classes theyre giving these guys at nxt sure as shit aint helping because the vast majority of nxt alum cant talk to save their lives.
>>
>>2960729
>WWE dying slowly before our eyes

Neat.
>>
>>2961422
Reigns is actively becoming the lowest drawing face of the company of all time and you fucking spergs are still pushing the le big dog true star meme. It's fucking baffling
>>
>>2960857
Sure got a lot of statistics backing up your point there pal
>>
>>2961203
Battleground got <10,000 seats sold in a country of 320 million
Dominion got 16,000 seats sold in a country of 120 million
>>
>>2962130
>isn't about raw strength
Even so, selling a guy based on supposed strength like they try to do with Roman
>see Michael Cole yelling LOOK AT THE POWER OF ROMAN REIGNS
and then Roman not actually having any strength is pretty weak. Cesaro or Lesnar could've lifted him.
>>
>>2966167
Do you think he's gonna beat Diesel?
>>
>>2960729
Card is pretty mediocre.
>>
>>2960729

>expecting front row seats to sell out immediately

0/10
>>
>>2960738

lol based
>>
>>2961160

>retarding
>>
>>2962361

kek, finally some humor in this angry thread
>>
BASED
>>
>>2966201
>Population of Philadelphia = 6m
>Population of Osaka = 19m

Wew lad
>>
>>2967185

>Population excuse

Have you not once considered the reason Dominion sold out and Battleground didn't is because Dominion was going to be an excellent show while Battleground was going to be fucking atrocious? People were just more excited for one show than the other. And also, let's not forget that the only reason Battleground sold as much as it did was because tickets were sold by as much as 55%. Had they not slashed prices, attendance would've been much, MUCH worse.
>>
File: 1501640199447.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1501640199447.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>2967191
>Uses population of the most diverse country on the planet as an argument
>Forgets Japan is the most densely populated country in history
>P-population d-d-doesn't matter. T-tickets were discounted!

Keep moving those goalposts.
>>
>>2967203
>Forgets Japan is the most densely populated country in history

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_territories_by_population_density
>>
>>2967216
My point still stands. Higher pop should = higher ticket sales according to (You). Apparently, they don't when you get btfo'd.
>>
>>2967233
According to me? I just posted that link. Comparing absolute numbers from the WWE with absolute numbers from NJPW is stupid anyway.

NJPW doesn't have to be as big as WWE to be successful, it just needs to make a profit and it does, while the WWE is struggling and is trying to save money.
>>
>>2960857
Still doesn't make sense why they would continue the Roman push when they have bigger and more over guys. They could have pushed Big E. They should have.
New Day doesn't have to break up for that to happen, and it would probably revitalise their act.
>>
>>2960729
All of WWE is trash, hope it continues to fall.
Thread posts: 185
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.