[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What actually went wrong? The hype for his debut was crazy. He

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 15

File: IMG_0708.png (527KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0708.png
527KB, 960x540px
What actually went wrong? The hype for his debut was crazy. He was literally our guy. Now he's met with indifference.
>>
I pinpoint the moment I stopped liking him to the hotdog and sliming segments. People thought he was going to be the next Pillman, but he just turned into a Looney Tunes character.
>>
He literally blew it and realized being mid-card is better.
>>
First they acted like he wasn't the leader of the shield towards the end of the life, saying that there was no leader or roman was the leader. But that wasn't such a big deal.

What killed him is that he isn't a heel. I mean look at the guy. He's also a bad era for the kind of character work he's good at. He would have been a lot more successful pre-PG era.
>>
File: Outrage.gif (4MB, 171x200px) Image search: [Google]
Outrage.gif
4MB, 171x200px
>>2960402
>Looney Tunes character
Spoilers, faggot, they are all Looney Tunes characters in Vince's mind, he's just recreating the cartoons he saw in the trailer park.
>>
I still like him
He's one Heel Turn away from becoming /our guy/, desu
>>
File: IMG_2113.gif (1MB, 200x112px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2113.gif
1MB, 200x112px
If he could put a little bit more effort into his running through the ropes, or more effort into his other moves that AREN'T a fucking rebound clothesline, he might become tolerable
>>
>>2960497
Or just getting in a good feud with someone or being booked right
>>
>>2960393

He worked better matches in FCW check out his match with Punk.

Even his character was more interesting.

I believe he got lazy and complacent once he made it and became a mark for himself, shame given the potential he has.
>>
>>2960393
wtf you mean, the internet is so fickle. Everyone use to be the "our guy" and then he:
a. Got popular with nonsmarks
and/or
b. 6 months went buy and the board stopped liking him for logical reason and moved on to someone else (see various NJPW wrestlers)
>>
>>2962117
*no logical reason
>>
>>2960393
He is boring and shit in the ring.
>>
>>2960393
He got buried to not outshine Roman. Both in power level and character.
Plus his treatment burns him out and he dials it in.
He needs to be a batshit crazy heel like Suzuki. Hell, give him some sidekicks and make them sort of an anti-Shield where they're just insane and cause chaos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNGOY-jeYwI
>>
he's probably the best shieldetty. not that that's saying much
>>
>>2962121
>Plus his treatment burns him out and he dials it in.

He probably just is banged-up to all hell. He has about the most matches of anyone in the WWE over the last 3 years, I would guess.
>>
>>2960393
They don't let him do anything interesting. He's just a whacky, goofy dude who plays little kid pranks and can't beat anyone important. It's cause WWE is scared of anyone getting too popular and no one is allowed to outshine Roman. And it's pretty easy to outshine Roman.
>>
He's in constant pain and wants to take it easy
>>
>>2960497
A heel turn would be nice change of pace
It still blows my mind Deano is the babyface coming out of the SHIELD breakup
>>
>>2960393

I'm still a Dean mark but he has pretty much been booked to look like an absolute retard. They don't let him cut even PG versions of his Moxley stuff, instead giving him absolute shit he does his best with. Fucking sucks.

Plus anyone brave enough to call Brock lazy while living on the same continent as him is ballsy as fuck
>>
>>2962153

Oh yeah and somehow he's the only Shield dude never to attempt murder. Blows my mind
>>
File: shiled.jpg (136KB, 528x758px) Image search: [Google]
shiled.jpg
136KB, 528x758px
I was at a house show a month ago and he appeared on the titantron for an advertisement and the whole arena started cheering for him. he wasnt even at the show
>>
>>2962121
It wouldn't be hard to book either.
>Summerslam
>Seth and Dean seem to warm up to eachother and are getting along great
>Seth hits his finisher. Deano chairs him in the back outta nowhere.
"HOW DOES IT FEEL SETH.. TO GET STABBED IN THE BACK!?"
>Raw
>Dean comes out, says he doesn't regret it and he actually really enjoyed it. For the first time in a long time he felt alive. He's tired of just being on the fringe, and wants to feel alive and cut loose, unrestrained.
>Goes insanity heel, which E hasn't done in a while. Full Pullman.
>>
>>2960393
In the ring he's an idiot that just wildly flails around. I don't know if he's supposed to be a brawler or what, but he's sloppy as fuck. You'd expect his promos to be Macho Man levels of wild or maybe change gears and have the cold, intensely psycho quality, but every promo he gives is just "Nuh uh you know you can't beat me brothaaaa". There's nothing interesting about him anymore.
>>
>>2962133
He's the kind of guy who liked doing shit in CZW. I can't see him giving 100% when he's just a milquetoast B+ guy.
>>
>>2962161
this is his best look
>>
>>2960393
Ol' Deano will be joining Phil at the Waffle House when his contract runs up.
>>
>>2962161
Looks like an actual mercenary here, especially with his thinning hair giving him the "experienced guy who's seen it all" look.
>>
>>2962167
>>2962205
this is back when he actually went to the gym with the other shield guys. he admitted he doesnt go to the gym anymore in on of those pre wrestlemania workout video series wwe makes
>>
Balding

His comb over makes him a joke

If you are going bald just shave it off like everyone else
>>
stopped trying after brock buried him
>>
>>2962156
I mean, he did try to decapitate Brock with a chainsaw.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (125KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
125KB, 1280x720px
>>2962225

wrong

balding scumbag look works perfect for an alleged "unstable" sociopath
>>
I gotta be honest, I'm a huge Dean mark and I don't gel with the "turn him heel" crowd.

The dude has gotten SO over as a babyface, why get rid of that? Even now, when he's been doing nothing for months, he gets big reactions. Why toss that away? So few babyfaces get any kind of real reaction in this company.
>>
>>2962243

I think WWE fucking up his title reign made it clear they're never gonna use him as a top face, so him going heel might help. Also as others have said we might get more actual insanity out of him (which he does well) rather than stupid "OMG HE'S A LUNATIC" shit
>>
>stopped working out
>went from slightly unhinged with a mean streak character to le lunatic cringe look at him maggle he's talking to a plant character
>got lazy in the ring
>>
>>2962271
Yeah. He should've won at Survivor Series 2015 or Rumble 2016. They dragged their feet on him so long it fucked him, I get that.
>>
Dean realized he can do the bare minimum and still have a decent spot.
He's far better when he doesn't have any titles either.
>>
>>2962162
This is good booking anon, WWE doesnt allow this.
>>
>>2960402
fpbp
>>
>>2962296
This also, gott remember this shit is all about the money and the miles.
>>
File: 1499982478894.gif (2MB, 247x183px) Image search: [Google]
1499982478894.gif
2MB, 247x183px
>>2960393
Terrible booking and scripting. He had the potential to go mega rogue like Austin. He was fighting the authority, he was billed as crazed and uncontrollable. It was all there but they had him lose far too much and make his attacks goofy rather than a legit bad ass.

>MFW we could have had a second go around of Austin/Rock/HHH with Dean, Roman and Seth but they wouldn't take the risks again.
>>
>>2962149
And it still blows my mind that it ACTUALLY FUCKING WORKED.
Dean Ambrose was legitimately the number 1 babyface of WWE at one point. And it wasn't because everyone else was shittier. He was legitimately over as fuck when he was on his revenge warpath against Rollins. Then they had him lose at Hell in the Cell with the Wyatt hologram and... well... the rest is history.
>>
File: 1497845910195.gif (1MB, 199x166px) Image search: [Google]
1497845910195.gif
1MB, 199x166px
They realized he was over as shit and proceeded to cool him down. Why? Because he wasn't the chosen one.
>>
He stopped lifting and got AIDS
>>
File: 1501550477112.gif (2MB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
1501550477112.gif
2MB, 540x300px
>>2962162
This would get Dean over as hell, meaning, this is never going to happen.
>>
>>2962162
Sorry, but you're getting a seth and dean goes clean over eater of pins.
>>
>>2960393
Him losing to Seth at Hell in the Cell 2014 due to Bray Wyatt interfering and then losing the feud to him by tripping over a wire.
>>
>>2962121
>Dean is buried in power level
>even though his finisher is the most protected finisher in WWE

18+
>>
File: UzhNiIx.jpg (90KB, 948x676px) Image search: [Google]
UzhNiIx.jpg
90KB, 948x676px
>>2963370
Can't not protect a finisher if you never have a real feud
>>
>>2960393
The greatest disappointment of Dean's career was his match against Lesnar. All they had to do is have Lesnar beat the shit out of him with foreign objects like an old school Mick Foley match. Lesnar didn't even need to take any bumps, just beat the shit out of him like Hunter and Taker used to do to Foley. Have Dean kick out a bunch of times before Lesnar gets the 3 count. Make Dean look like the toughest son of a bitch on the roster through defeat. Instead Lesnar phones it in like he always does, and Dean looks like a nobody
>>
File: images.jpg (14KB, 189x266px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
14KB, 189x266px
>>2963361
>>
>>2962121
They could make him the leader of Sanity
>>
File: 1500609469847.jpg (140KB, 911x951px) Image search: [Google]
1500609469847.jpg
140KB, 911x951px
>>2960439
I agree senpai. He would be a real lunatic if he swore and dumped shit on people. Now he just acts like your whacky uncle at the family reunion
>>
File: dean.webm (2MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
dean.webm
2MB, 800x450px
I hate the dirty deeds there is no build up and it just looks like a normal DDT
>>
>>2960393
He tries way too hard to be cool. It's embarrassing tripe that only a 12 year old would think is badass.
>>
>>2962162
This is actually [spoiler]cringe[/spoiler].
>>
>>2963421
Headlock driver was FAR superior
>>
>>2963421
It's not even that good of a DDT. He needs to watch some Jake the Snake tape.
>>
File: merked.jpg (30KB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
merked.jpg
30KB, 630x354px
>>2960393
>>
File: clarence boddicker.jpg (12KB, 552x357px) Image search: [Google]
clarence boddicker.jpg
12KB, 552x357px
>>2962240
Not him, but I assume the balding look works for a crazy character because it makes you think they don't care enough to shave?
>>
>>2964508
maybe there was an injury scare with the move? rollins never injured anyone with the curb stomp but he had it replaced, maybe the same with ambrose
>>
>>2965222
The curb stomp got killed because WWE did not want kids stomping on reach others necks
>>
>>2960393
His cash in was the peak, then he had a mediocre title reign and lost all the buzz. Honestly, the brand split didn't help him at all.
>>
>>2962161
>>2962167
>>2962205
What if instead when he got out of the shield his gimmick was John Rambo? Shield vet that's dangerous and deranged because of all the shit he did when he was in the shield.
>>
>>2965124
Or Foley, anything can be a good finisher if you sell it right. Cactus jacks ddt was so hard it made his opponent look like his head was going to shoot out of his ass. Dean cant even be bothered to hang on all the way down.
>>
>>2960393
>What actually went wrong?

They turned Rollins heel instead of Ambrose and irreparably damaged both guys.
>>
Lost his feud vs Seth, lost his feud vs Bray, lost his feud vs Lesnar, shit title reign, shit feud with Miz
>>
>>2965458
They're about to try to fix it by turning Ambrose after whatever half-assed second Shield run they have planned.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.