[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are we finally seeing the pendulum swing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 18

File: smackdown attendance.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
smackdown attendance.png
1MB, 1024x768px
All around the internet, it seems that people are quitting the WWE in droves. Attendance, has been plummeting, most WWE Raw and Smackdown TV tapings taking place in half-empty arenas, ratings, although they've been up these past few weeks, have been plummeting year-to-year. With a record revenue of 214 million for the year of 2017, they've only managed to flip a 5,000,000 dollar profit as of August and both Wrestlemania and the Royal Rumble are behind us. They'll surely get slaughtered once Football returns and be lowballed even further by the USA network (which the WWE felt lowballed them the last time they had a TV rights contract deal, BEFORE the record low ratings of 2016 and early 2017) in 2019. The general consensus on here, 420chan, reddit, Facebook, Twitter, EVERYWHERE Professional Wrestling is discussed online is that the company is in atrocious shape right now and the only fanbase it has left are cultists who follow blindly, who have also started to tune out. The company has found itself under immense scrutiny from the criticism of Roman Reigns to ripping apart Bring it to the Table, the celebration of the company being in rough shape, Alvarez and Meltzer now having tremendous influence, also having their most profitable years in a long time.
>>
File: Our saviors..jpg (185KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Our saviors..jpg
185KB, 1280x720px
But here comes NJPW offering an alternative.

While WWE is having one of its worst years ever, NJPW is white-hot and rapidly growing, up 20% from last year which was 30% up from the year before that, which was up from the year before that and so on and so forth. They're booking larger arenas, they're stepping into different continents, they're putting on unbelievable matches. This is a company with confidence, ambition and a passion to grow. This is a dangerous company with all the momentum in the world to expand, the ability to sell out their first shows in the United States in MINUTES, something the WWE, with all the millions in the world still struggle to do. Wrestling fans, they've heard about the 6 star matches, the Bullet Club (As held evident by their T-shirts selling out more times than anyone could've ever predicted), the antics of Naito, the young stud Okada, Kenny Omega, Being the Elite, the G1, Dominion, as Meltzer himself said "The product is just hot right now". Soon enough, they'll get a TV deal here in the United States. Soon enough, they'll be back to sell out an arena of 15,000. Soon enough, they'll perform in front of passionate, rabid and white-hot fans who have chips on their shoulders and voices to be heard. Soon, we'll have Daniel Bryan and CM Punk to help out with the U.S expansion. We'll have Batista and John Cena who are fed up with the corporate, political bullshit in the WWE. And there will not be a damn thing to stop us.

Welcome to the revolution, /asp/. I hope you choose to pledge your allegiance to the right side in this war.
>>
>>2957159
Nobody in America is watching Nip Jew Japanamation Anime Wrestling
>>
Don't you ever get bored of making 5 of the same threads every single day? I genuinely cannot comprehend how someone can have the will to keep this never ending stream of console war tier threads going.
>>
>>2957164
WWE isn't going anywhere, but I can def. see NJPW getting a good slice of the market here.
If shit like DBZ and Naruto can get over here, NJPW could if they play their cards right.
>>
Even if you're a helpless mark for WWE and are willing to eat everything they shit out on you plate, the fact is you WANT NJPW to succeed.

NJPW being successful means that WWE is finally forced to, after two decades, become competitive.

WWE when it's competing against another brand means it can't be a lazy shit anymore, it means it actually has to listen to it's fans and produce exciting feuds and stars, it means it could actually be fucking good for once, or at least vastly superior to what you """"enjoy"""" today
>>
File: BASED.png (21KB, 654x171px) Image search: [Google]
BASED.png
21KB, 654x171px
>>2957164

You sure, buddy? For a company with as big a hard-on for social media as the WWE, it must suck to watch social media embrace New Japan Pro Wrestling ORGANICALLY instead of it feeling forced, no Michael Cole telling us how they're trending or John Cena, on the company's behalf trying to "rile" up a hashtag and ultimately falling flat on his face. How's Tout working out for you guys, by the way?
>>
>>2957180
Even your God le Meltz himself has said social media trends are completely meaningless. NJPW is as irrelevant as ever
>>
>>2957180
You just reminded me of Fandangoing

Goddamn, WWE just doesn't know how to let a snowball run
>>
>>2957158
>>2957159
You sold me, I'm gonna pirate my forst NJPW match tonight
>>
>>2957180
>ORGANICALLY

Type like less of a shill next time you faggot dweeb.

Tout is based, Smacking Talk was just on it last week. Based American Dragon living in ya head rent free
>>
>>2957164
you sure about that, e-drone cultist?
>>
>>2957178
Memes aside, this is the truth.
>>
File: rr.gif (3MB, 200x175px) Image search: [Google]
rr.gif
3MB, 200x175px
>>2957187

Wasn't that the most cringeworthy fucking thing ever? It was the crowd's creation, it had nothing to do with the WWE besides parodying the theme song and those faggots just try to leech off of it like 'hurr hurrr look at how hip we are" and we had michael cole and jerry lawler fandangoing. Jesus christ.

>>2957164
>>2957180

>Nobody watches the NJPW in America
>Actually, these trends during the G1USA special say otherwise, making them the most talked about and social events for the day of July 1st, above the Pacquiao return fight and whatever else was happening that day, meaning immense viewership and interaction
>lol doesn't mean anything weeb gook outlaw still irrelevant

Eat a fucking dick, you faggot. You got BTFO, just hone up to it like a man and admit you were wrong.
>>
>>2957158
op you're a failed shill, just give it up, it's not working. I would rather watch Roman reigns take a dump in the middle if the ring than watch low grade japanese shit
>>
>People would rather watch good wrestling over shitty skits and comedy segments

Shocking.
>>
>>2957207
Shit taking a shit, that's new era in wrestling entertainment.
>>
File: 555_Come_on_Now.png (387KB, 598x369px) Image search: [Google]
555_Come_on_Now.png
387KB, 598x369px
>>2957180
>ORGANICALLY
>>
>>2957165
are you kidding? this is /asp/, land of 5-10 daily punk threads
>>
>>2957165
They don't call them /asp/ies for nothing.
>>
NJPW needs the normie market for becoming a real alternative to WWE and normies hate chinks. They're used to root for white American leads
>>
>>2957165
It's the same dozen or so NEETs who literally do this all day every day. Not even a joke, they've admitted it in their discord channel.
>>
>>2957213
Iknorite
>>
>>2957465
That's why Elite is going face
>>
>>2957465
Yeah, great white American leads like Jinder Mahal, Roman Reigns, the New Day, etc. etc.
>>
>>2957498
Jinder is a heel bragging about diversity
The New Day is a comedy act. Just like Gaytch said, they're dancing to entertain people like him so they're on their right place.
Roman is an anti-draw but he doesn't look too ethnic, he looks tanned white. His problem isn't his color but his complete lack of charisma
>>
>the lonely meltzer larping NEET is talking to himself again
>>
>>2957465
The Rock.

>>2957207
>e-Drones literally admit to having shit taste
>>
File: roman mommy.gif (743KB, 250x225px) Image search: [Google]
roman mommy.gif
743KB, 250x225px
>>2957498
>>2957503
Reminder that Roman is half white
>>
>>2957503
They literally shill Reigns as "The Samoan Badass" at every fucking opportunity

>>2957521
>Italians
>white
>>
>>2957530
Only Paul Heyman calls him that
>>
>>2957530
Back to /pol/ you racist bigot
>>
>>2957530
>gay memes
>>
>>2957536
Calling someone a racist bigot is a bigoted thing to do you bigot
>>
Probably, in-ring action in NJPW is better, but no one will watch it simply because nobody will understand their plots.
>>
>>2957550
Wow that's extremely bigoted of you you sexist misogynist xenophobic transphobic homophobic ableist skinhead nazi kkk russian troll fascist
>>
File: Trash.jpg (72KB, 680x622px) Image search: [Google]
Trash.jpg
72KB, 680x622px
I thought this was gonna be a decent thread with legitimate discussion, then I forgot I was on asp
>>
>>2957174
DBZ and Naruto are in English and ethnically ambiguous. Everyone knows they're Japanese cartoons but they're not overtly foreign. You think casuals will flock to a company with "Japan" in their name and wrestlers that don't speak English?
>>
>>2957582
Back to the bingo halls of internet wrestling discussion with you ya sperg
>>
>>2957590
>Naruto is ethnically ambiguous

Well that's a complete load of horseshit
>>
File: 61snshQdVmL.jpg (70KB, 361x500px) Image search: [Google]
61snshQdVmL.jpg
70KB, 361x500px
>>2957619
>Yeah, this is totally representative of Japan's population.
>>
>>2957174
We would need a New Japan dub. Don't see thathappening.
>>
>>2957626
It's a show about ninja you fucking imbecile
>>
File: evanslow.webm (848KB, 494x408px) Image search: [Google]
evanslow.webm
848KB, 494x408px
>>2957158
On the upside, the black tarp business seems to be on the rise. Thanks WWE
>>
>>2957519
That was the 90's. It was a different era. People were more tolerant back then. USA went full retarded after 9/11. The Rock made it on Hollywood because the age of the movie stars is over, he's the one of the few charismatic guys on a sea of bland white faces.
>>
>>2957654
E T H E R E D

>>2957660
Fine then: Batista
>>
>>2957564
Ok drumpftard go back to kissing putins balls comrade
>>
>>2957644
Weeaboos constantly argue that Naruto characters are "white" because it's a fantasy setting and shit. It's the same with DBZ despite saiyans have canon Asian features, Goku is inspired on the Monkey King and Jackie Chan. It seems even weeaboos have problems with slant eyes, what can you expect from normies?
>>
>>2957644
>Ninja haven't crossed cultural boundaries decades ago

Just accept that (You) had a shit point.
>>
>>2957660
Literally every movie in Hollywood is bending over backwards trying to put women and minorities in as many roles as possible ya ding-dong diddly doofus
>>
>>2957671
>Ninja aren't ethnically Japanese

Imagine being this fucking retarded
>>
>>2957672
And women and minorities always play second fiddle to a bland white male
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (185KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
185KB, 1920x1080px
>>2957685
You are delusional. Seek mental health counseling.
>>
>>2957685
Shut up you Jew
>>
I've actually seen more WWE references in the most unlikely places in the past couple days, pre-season NFL articles, Hannibal Burress tweets, etc
>>
THE PENDULUM IS SWINGING BACK THE OTHER WAY
YESSSSSS
>>
>console wars: mandrama edition
Who fucking cares
>>
File: 1496367823954.png (594KB, 701x520px) Image search: [Google]
1496367823954.png
594KB, 701x520px
>>2957675
>Ninja schools aren't filled to the brim with low test white guys
>The word Ninja itself isn't a normal part of western cultural lexicon

Jesus. Could you be anymore of an autistic weab. Having a show about magic ninjas that speak English and look white is not the same thing as having a wrestling show where only 5 people speak complete English sentences.
>>
>>2957767
>Ninja schools

Your local McDojo isn't a "ninja school" Amerifat
>>
>>2957777
>Amerifat

Cucknadian or Europoor confirmed. I'm done with you. Your autism is too strong.
>>
>>2957789
>the entire world is the USA, Canada or Europe

state of Amerifats
>>
File: 1492795996875.png (666KB, 945x610px) Image search: [Google]
1492795996875.png
666KB, 945x610px
>>2957164
>Nip Jew Japanamation Anime Wrestling
>>
>>2957180
>For a company with as big a hard-on for social media as the WWE
>WWE official twitter account: 9.32 Million followers
>NJPW official twitter account: 311k followers
that seems like a huge difference for me
>>
>>2957833
Social media numbers is the thing that draws the money
>>
>>2957833
NJPW has just started to try to reach viewers outside of Japan, WWE has been doing it for more than 20 years. Of course WWE is more know outside America.

And how does number of viewers = quality? Just because Transformers make a billion dollars doesn't make it better than Citizen Kane or shit like that. Just because Bieber sell millions of tickets every year doesn't make it any better than any other acclaimed music band.
>>
>>2957855
Hi Vince
>>
>>2957158
legit cringe
>>
>>2957833
These 9 million followers are pointless if both promotions made similar profits this year
>>
There was a short time when i was younger were i would think of different ways the wwe could improve itself.
But eventually you realize that the people running wwe have no interest in improving wwe.
Then you stop caring
>>
File: goalposts.jpg (26KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
goalposts.jpg
26KB, 300x240px
>>2957857
>>2957866

>Gets btfo
>Proceeds to pic related
>>
>>2957798
>Changes the subject after getting btfo'd

The state of (You)
>>
>>2957552
The plots are in the ring. You just need to watch the stuff happening there. Cesaro said it best, you don't need to understand what I am saying, I can talk to you with my wrestling and that language is understood by everyone.
And if anyone will call me "muh-workrate", which means nothing cause its thrown around here willy nilly, I don't mean flips. I mean two people struggling in the ring, trying to achieve something.
I am new prowrestling fan, I've never watch as a child (cause we haven't had prowrestling on TV, after the fall of CCCP it was viewed as the dumb fake thing redneck muricans watch - and it was just that during the 90s) I started watching last year. And it's fucking awesome, what those people can do in the ring and what story they can tell.
>>
>>2957158
>Smackdownetty empty again

HOLY FUCKING KEK!
>>
>>2957481
They are trying to change how people watch it. Kenny will never be real face. Young Bucks will never be real faces as well. They are faces for some fans. YB are not faces for me, I live their matches, but they are assholes and I don't like assholes. They are two smartasses who I love to see get smashed by anyone. Usually.
And there will always be an audience who will view them as heels, cause they are not changing the core of their act, it makes too much money. Same with Kenny, he is and will be anime and fighting game nerd who loves entertaining people.
>>
File: kane.jpg (102KB, 609x755px) Image search: [Google]
kane.jpg
102KB, 609x755px
>>2957601
Im logging on to squared circle right tf now you mark
>>
>>2957498
White males would rather see their women with BBC rather than an Asian or Indian or Middle Eastern Guy
Not sure why but they chimp out at any non Black ethnic staring at a white women while jerk off to BLACKED.com
>>
File: 1487266340331.jpg (49KB, 270x330px) Image search: [Google]
1487266340331.jpg
49KB, 270x330px
>>
BASEDDD
>>
>>2958090
I think it's because black people have been on America since the beginning and they always have been on disavantage, either slavery, segregation or extreme poverty. When they make it, it's usually by entertaining white people, see music or sports. Other minorities are viewed as foreigners, Asians and Indians can make real advances and make Cletus to feel bad about living on a trailer while his son died on some war on Middle East because freedom. Slavery is part of the American history
>>
>>2957668
For DBZ I can understand, I mean goku is a fucking manlet black haired faggot inspired from a chink myth. Naruto I can say is the only jap cartoon I actually only see white people. That's all I say, not much of a jap cartoon fan, have never seen any other irrelevant anime only the mainstream shit.
>>
File: 5'11 vs 6'0.jpg (118KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
5'11 vs 6'0.jpg
118KB, 1200x900px
BASED. ALL HAIL THE SAVIORS OF WRESTLING.
>>
>>2959829
Yeah those Asians and Indians who come here not even speaking the language sure have tremendous advantages over the blacks who were slaves 150 years ago. How we posed to get ahead when we was slaves 150 years ago? That's 10 generations in black people breeding years, how we posed to have got back to normal by now? Asians and Indians are privileged by living in hunger and famine and then getting here and starting their own business and working 18 hour days until they die, so their kids can have better lives. How is black america sposed to do that? We wuz slaves 150 years ago!
>>
Why does this board seem to assume WWE is dead?
Remember the last time a company took control of the industry from Vince. He changed the fucking game and blew them out.
NJPW is no different. WCW without the shit backstage politics.
>>
>>2957159
they should just sign lesnar, bryan and punk
>>
File: njpw logo.png (504KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
njpw logo.png
504KB, 800x800px
>>2960769

>WCW without the backstage politics

Oh, you mean the one thing that ultimately led to WCW's downfall, (Vince didn't win the Monday Night War, WCW was just fucking retarded and lost) NJPW is like WCW except without the only reason they went out of business? I don't know, that seems like a very positive outlook for NJPW in my opinion.
>>
>>2960775
WCW wasn't in Japan, the wrestlers and commentators didn't speak Japanese, and WCW did not go out of business because of backstage politics.
>>
>>2957158
WWE is in the same type of period right now they were in following Hulk Hogan leaving in the mid-90s, right before the Attitude Era.

Back then RAW was being run in high school gyms, and the show was this silly thing where it seemed like every wrestler had some kind of day job gimmick.
>>
>>2961118
Also around that same time Japan was having some of its best years.
>>
>>2960769
You mean actions that he only took after being dragged kicking-and-screaming into the 90s by his son and Pat Patterson?

>>2961118
They've been in this period since 2002
>>
>>2960807
New Japan has an English commentary team you know-nothing twit
>>
>Alvarez and Meltzer now having tremendous influence
made sense until that part. Their fans are the same niche smarks WWE has.
>>
>>2957857
number of viewers is objective, how good a wrestling show is is subjective.
>>
>>2957833
I doubt New Japan pays for bots and clickfarms from Pakistan

>>2957892
That expression doesn't mean what (You) think it does, nevermind want it to.

>>2961167
When's the last time a New Japan show ended with the crowd booing and shitting all over it?
>>
>>2961133
For all of their events?
>>
>>2961211
Kevin Kelly & Don Callis have been full time since February as far as I know
>>
>>2960766
Maybe it was a poor choice of words but the point is nigger have always been there and they're part of American history. Hell, the only American war fought on American soil was in-theory for slavery. Meanwhile Asians are the big others, despite the Chinese immigrants's contributions to the railroads.
>>
Well in order to get big, they're gonna have to draw the normies. There are a lot of people mistaking NJPW actually getting big with normies because it's blown up so much amongst nerds in the IWC.
First, WWE isn't gonna go anywhere, at least not anytime soon, and NJPW isn't anywhere close to WWE in popularity, at least in popularity. Just because NJPW can outsell their only US show of the year's 4000 or so tickets in a day doesn't is like apples and oranges to the WWE, who holds almost 100% of the year's shows here, (people are more likely to pass on a show because they'll come back) and holds shows in much bigger venues (so they're harder to sell out).

Second, they need better white stars. Normies will watch japs but they need to see a white guy in the top scene who they can self identify with. The Elite won't be good for drawing normies because they're fucking geeks, people only think they're a good draw for the west because the IWC can self identify with them, and people are once again confusing getting over with the normies with getting over with IWC nerds. NJPW needs a white guy that is on the level of people like Okada in terms of character and actions. However, le Meltz can help somewhat if NJPW still decides to try and cram the Elite down our throats because normies are too dumb to realize that muh stars are just the opinion of one man and confuse them for an unbiased committee or something.
>>
>>2961565
Third, normies don't care about muh workrate. If it doesn't look like two guys fighting at all times during the match, i.e. if it looks like two guys cooperating to do muh awesome flips, normies will laugh, call it cheesy, and stop watching. Remember, UFC is huge with normies so strong style does have good appeal with them. Cuhrazee spots also have good appeal (I remember after Wrestlemania this year everyone was talking about Jeff Hardy's swanton off the 20 foot ladder) because it adds flair that they can't see in real fighting, as long as it still looks like the two guys are after each other. However, just because the IWC says some guy has good workrate or in-ring story telling, even if it's enough for them it's not for normies. Normies still want to see larger than life characters and people shittalking each other to build feuds (see the McGregor-Mayweather press conference, millions of normies tuned in just to see the two talk to each other in anticipation of the fight.)
>>
>>2961570
>If it doesn't look like two guys fighting at all times during the match, i.e. if it looks like two guys cooperating to do muh awesome flips,

t. has NEVER watched New Japan
>>
>>2960758
How do I get a body like that?
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.