[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WWE Universal Championship VS World Heavyweight Championship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

File: WWE Championship Belts.png (2MB, 1821x1001px) Image search: [Google]
WWE Championship Belts.png
2MB, 1821x1001px
Which belt is canonically more important? The Universal title or the Heavy Weight title?

Which one is a bigger honor to hold?
>>
File: IWGP Heavyweight Championship.jpg (76KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
IWGP Heavyweight Championship.jpg
76KB, 600x400px
>>
>>2955115
fpbp
>>
e drones btfo etc etc

OOOOOHEHEHEHEHE
WHOOPIE! HAHAHAHA!

NEW JAPAN VS WWE! HEHEHAHAHA! OOHOHOHOHO! WOWIEZ! GEEZ LOUISE! HARHAR!

KEK! BASED! THIS! BTFO!
>>
The Universal title has only been around roughly a year but since it's defended on RAW its stock has soared sky high.

The WWE title has the lineage though so honestly they're both quite equal.
>>
File: VlEoqtB.gif (926KB, 75x75px) Image search: [Google]
VlEoqtB.gif
926KB, 75x75px
>>2955110
>>2955115
This one is better anyway.
>>
>>2955110
>Which belt is canonically more important?
Universal Title, it was higher on the card for Wrestle Mania and will be the Main Event for Summer Slam.
>Which one is a bigger honor to hold?
Belts in WWE have lost all credibility and prestige almost a decade ago, so none.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (117KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
117KB, 1280x720px
>>2955110
>Which belt is canonically more important? The Universal title or the Heavy Weight title?
>Which one is a bigger honor to hold?
>>
>>2955133
as far as lineage goes, the Universal title seems to be better.
>Finn Balor
Won it after going through the strongest guys on the roster. After his injury he was never the same.
>Kevin Owens
More or less so-so since he needed lots of protection to win the title and keep it. Still, more than 50% of the time that he has been on the roster, he held a title. That means he's a pretty good fighter, or jus smart enough to keep it. Either way fine.
>Goldberg
Beat Kevin Owerns and, before that, Brock Lesnar. One of the strongest men.
>Brock Lesnar
Brock Lesnar.

Because of that, everyone who is able to get win it can make himself more famous for sure.
>>
>>2955110
what the fuck were they thinking with that awful texture on the Universal title?
>>
>>2955200
They were probably too stupid to put the belt under the bright lights they use at the shows so didn't realize how horrible it looks until it was too late. I'm willing to bet they'll quietly change the design in the near future.
>>
>>2955110
The one that isn't being held by a shitskin jobber
>>
>>2955193
>>2955156
Ramfags thinking a new title is more important than a title with 54 yerars of history bearing the company name.

the uni title has 2 old guys a fat guy and a midget your argument is poor
>>
>>2955249
This. The WWE title has been forever tainted in my eyes because of that. I'll never look at it the same again
>>
>>2955115
https://youtu.be/Gf78v6Fa9vI https://youtu.be/I6DL4U4UmRA
>>
Is this some kind of meme? I've had taken shits longer than the lineage of the universal title. Sort your fucking selves out
>>
File: 1488772536856.jpg (131KB, 980x1108px) Image search: [Google]
1488772536856.jpg
131KB, 980x1108px
>>2955115
>>
>>2955278
NJPW is living in so many heads, and all rent-free
>>
>>2955252
Which title will Main Event Summer Slam?
>>
>>2955291
WWE title
a popular babyface with a high power level winning the title for the first time, taking it from a (kayfabe) unpopular heel is a much better show-closer

than a slow shitfest between 4 fatso heels (well 1 is supposed to be a face but he's the most hated of the 4) that will end in a lazy gassed part timer who is neither face nor heel and is rumoured to be leaving the company again, and who shows up on tv once every 3 months anyway, retaining the belt.
>>
>>2955311
>WWE title
Delusional autism
>>
>>2955291
I guess that means at HIAC 2016 when the womens title was the main event and the uni title was midcard

or when punk was champ and never in the main event he was never a top guy

you are being selective and just talking shit

the question is "Which belt is canonically more important?"

not what match is last at SS
>>
>>2955291
>>2955389

Oh and btw until it happens no one knows what match will be last at SS

unless you are Vince or have a magic ball

again talking shit
>>
>>2955291
Depends what happens in the matches

Nakamura wins but then Corbin cashes in, it closes

If not the Universal title with close it
>>
>>2955311
>1 is supposed to be a face but he's the most hated of the 4
Most hated by fat, obese neckbeards whose opinions don't matter
>>
>>2955389
>"Which belt is canonically more important?"
It's the Universal Title, there's a new "season" of WWE every year after Mania and in this "season" the Universal Title is the top belt, look who's holding/fighting for the WWE title compared to the Universal, WWE title is a glorified mid card belt now.

You'll see when Cena vs Reigns for the Universal Title is the Main Event for WM34.
>>
The main title right now is the Universal Championship, but WWE Championship will still be the belt to beat in a decade.
>>
The Universal Title will be retired after the brand split dies

AJ and the gook are literally old and Cena is a part-timer now
>>
>>2955193
>>Brock Lesnar
>Brock Lesnar.
Brock Lesnar.
>>
>>2955110
Both are jokes these days. The WWE title, combined with the WHC, has decades of history and prestige even though it's currently been stomped into the dirt and shit on. The laffy taffy belt, on the other hand, is a year old and was a joke from day one.
>>
>>2955424
>There's a new "season" of WWE every year after Mania and in this "season" the Universal Title is the top belt

Never heard anyone say this or mention it at all.

So a question to everyone else here,

Have you heard this?
Do you agree?
Is he talking shit to justify his wrong opinion?
>>
The WWE title's had quite a ride.

>Roman Reigns - booed wildly, but he was at least having good matches at this point.
>Seth Rollins - the former champion who'd never lost it in the ring takes the title back.
>Dean Ambrose - the forgotten member of the Shield gets his revenge and stands definitively above the other two members, finally.
>AJ Styles - The world-traveled veteran, the best wrestler in the world, finally reaches the top of the mountain.
>John Cena - Cena makes history, ties Ric Flair.
>Bray Wyatt - Defeats both AJ Styles and John Cena clean, TWICE. The latter time, after a beatdown by Luke Harper, he still defeats Cena and Styles again, pinning the former clean. After a career of talking and not being able to back it up, Bray Wyatt has ascended to the top of the mountain.
>Randy Orton - Bugs on the screen. Loses at Payback, but it's non-title. Loses in his first defense.
>Jinder Mahal - You boo me because I'm different.
>>
>>2955485
>Have you heard this?
Yes. There's literally a "season premiere" Raw episode every year.
>>
>>2955513
The "season" is for TV purposes it has no affect on the company or the storylines in any way at all

He is describing a season like it has a start and a finish and everything resets at the start

WWE has no off season it just carries on ity does not even have long term booking to justify the comment "in this "season" the Universal Title is the top belt"
>>
>>2955485
They've been doing season premiere episodes for about 5 years now when week 1 of the NFL season starts
>>
>>2955433
Dubs of truth

>>2955485
I have never thought of WWE as having seasons where the emphasis changes and the way Vince/WWE changes it's mind/focus constantly would go against that idea
>>
>>2955526
>They've been doing season premiere episodes for about 5 years now when week 1 of the NFL season starts

>>2955424
>there's a new "season" of WWE every year after Mania

So he is wrong then?
>>
>>2955536
>>2955526

The Season Prem is a tv thing and usually September time

it has nothing to do with Wrestlemania or some some sort of story thing like this guy describes
>>2955424
>there's a new "season" of WWE every year after Mania and in this "season" the Universal Title is the top belt
>>
>>2955485

Never heard of a "New Seaon of WWE" after Mania and the stories always carry on out of Mania.

Mania usually ends major Storylines and usually starts at least 1 new Major Story "Seths Cash in"
>>
Right now, it's the Universal title. The WWE title isn't even the most important title on its own show right now.
>>
>>2955424
>there's a new "season" of WWE every year after Mania

It's just a TV thing it has nothing to do with the actual programme/stories Not to mention that,

Season 25 started on Jan 2, 2017
Season 24 started on Sep 14, 2015

>>2955485
So to answer your question he is just talking shit
>>
>>2955115
First post best post
>>
>>2955566
/thread
>>
>>2955133
>since it's defended on RAW
HA
>>
>>2955110
In Kayfabe, it's the universal Championship.

The top title is always gonna be the title on Raw, hince the rediculous name of the title to make you believe it's the top title since Universe > World

The biggest honor over time to have is the WWE Championship at least in WWE, the real answer is >>2955115
>>
>>2955110
sorry sweetie the IWGP heavyweight championship is more important in kayfabe. even the ROH title is more important honey
>>
>>2955110
>Which belt is canonically more important?

At the moment they are treating the Universal title like the big match title despite its shit lineage.

Also the WWE Champion ship has changed names so often I never know whats its called but its not the Heavy Weight title.
>>
>>2955110
Brock's a better champion than Jinder, I guess. He's more legit.

Heavyweight has history though.
>>
If you asked any wrestler who hasn't been world champion which title they would rather have it would be the WWE title easily to be apart of that lineage.
>>
>>2955448
>Reddit
Reddit
>>
File: flairbelt.jpg (139KB, 914x547px) Image search: [Google]
flairbelt.jpg
139KB, 914x547px
The only legitimate title belt obviously
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.