[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone ever been to a PPV?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

File: WWE-PPVs-2016-e1463712487158.jpg (107KB, 620x315px) Image search: [Google]
WWE-PPVs-2016-e1463712487158.jpg
107KB, 620x315px
If so, which event & was it worth the money?
>>
>>2955013
Been to Over the Edge in 1999 saw a great stunt, It was lit af definitely worth the money
>>
Went to Wrestlemania 25 and no not really
>>
Mania 24
The pyro was pretty cool but otherwise I couldn't see shit.
>>
Yes I have. Depends on the card
Saw Hogan vs HBK live which was quite something
>>
No Mercy is coming to Staples Center but I'm gonna have to see the card before I decide to buy a ticket.
>>
I went to No Way Out 04, it was boring besides the Kurt/Cena/Show triple threat
>>
NXT TakeOver London. The seat was a bit shit, but the show was fun. It's way better to go live than watch on TV. I just wish I had an elevated seat for it.
>>
>>2955036
Cena vs. Joe

Cap this
>>
Went to 1998 No Way Out and 2003 Bad Blood and na, not really worth it. Couldn't see much during the HIAC match.
>>
>>2955049
If you live in Houston, why didn't you go to Mania 17?
>>
>>2955053
The area where the Astrodome is at is a nightmare traffic wise and I'd rather be able to tell what is going on in the ring. Would of been like seeing ants far away.
>>
Wrestlemania 20
Summerslam 2005
Backlash 2016
Yeah they were worth it
>>
File: 1472525946542.jpg (752KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1472525946542.jpg
752KB, 1600x1600px
WrestleMania 25

Nope. Not fucking worth it. Had a good seat but the card was bad. Yeah, HBK-Taker was great but one match doesn't save the whole show. This made me stop watching wrestling for five years.

Elimination Chamber 2015

Yeah definitely worth it, pretty fun show, even the botched Chamber match was fun. Obviously the highlight was Cena-Owens Part I and the ME was great too. Had a great Dusty finish that worked us all.
>>
>>2955041
It was boring because McMahon was jealous that Heyman was booking it to a stellar degree and he felt the need to sabotage SD once he booted him.
>>
Wrestlemania 21
Unforgiven where Mordicai debuted
Summerslam where Suplex City was born
Hell in a Cell where Mex-America was born

I liked them all, but Summerslam was the best since I say away from the people who wanted to be on tv
>>
>>2955183
Mordecai debuted at Judgment Day 04, pal.
>>
I went to Capital Carnage in London in about 1998. I remember nothing about it aside from Jackie getting her big black tits out, and Vinnie Jones giving someone a red card.
>>
I went to Elimination Chamber 2017 and it was fucking annoying
>bray pinned cena
>cena fans like 3 seats away from mine start to cry
>he cried till orton showed up
NEVER AGAIN
>>
my friends dad took us to wrestlemania 2000

i hadnt watched wrestling since shawn michaels beat bret hart at WM 12

it was alright
>>
>>2955013
WM 20 and fuck no.
Benoit had to go and fuck it up for every one.
>>
Went to Summerslam 99. I was 10 so I don't remember anything besides the based main ever of Austin v HHH v Mankind with Govenor Ventura as the special guest referee.

Also went to Elimination Chamber 2014. Which was well worth the money got to see the GOAT Shield v Wyatt family match, a great Chamber match, and on top of it all I got to boo Bautista. It was great!
>>
>>2955183
Wrestlemania 21 was the GOAT
>>
>>2955612
Based Ropes worked Austin into a shoot
>>
Wrestlemania IX. $150 nosebleeds in 1992 money worth every penny, saw all the legends of the 80's and 90's together in one show.
>>
Went to Summerslam 04. I remember a bit like JBL vs. Taker, and Benoit vs. Orton. Also remember some fan jumping the barricade and taking the horns off of JBL's limo than security chasing him into the back. I vaguely remember a miniature remote controlled WWE blimp going around the upper deck of the ACC, though that may have been a different Toronto WWE event.
>>
File: 20170806posterfix.jpg (642KB, 600x776px) Image search: [Google]
20170806posterfix.jpg
642KB, 600x776px
>http://www.northeastwrestling.com/20170806.shtml
this is on sunday less than 1hr away.
im thinking about going.
>>
I've been to:

>No Way Out 06
Awesome main event

>Wrestlemania 29
Boring cold outside of Punk/Taker

>Royal Rumble 2015
Crowd was nuts, preshow match was fun, triple threat was GOAT. Buddy was yelling FUCK YOU ROMAN loud as shit right behind Big Show's kids. We sat in the 4th row. Great time.

>Extreme Rules 2017
FUn overall. Main event was great. Solid crowd. Can't complain

Didnt pay a dime for any of these, my dad bought em for NWO and I have a buddy/connect for the other ones
>>
No Way Out 09. I got to see both world titles change hands, so yeah I would say it was worth it.
>>
>>2955212
In fairness Jackies fat tits were shockingly good.
>>
If it counts, I've been to both NXT Takeover Brooklyn I & II.

So worth it for the moments alone: Bayley v Sasha, Nakamura winning the belt, Roode's glorious entrance, Blue Pants getting a massive pop, DIY v Revival I, and so much more.
>>
Hell in a Cell is coming to my city this year. It's gonna be one of the first things in a brand new state of the art arena, but I feel like Hell in a Cell is probably a bad PPV to go to live because I won't be able to see shit.
>>
>>2955785
>Royal Rumble 2015
Wow, that must've been a hell of a night.

I can't imagine what it must've been like to go from that triple threat to that Rumble.
>>
Went to No Mercy 2016, got decent seats but the arena was new-ish so the prices were a little high. Between this and WM30 probably never going to get a PPV in Best California for another decade so I thought it was worth going.
>>
>>2956127
WM31*
no bully
>>
>>2955694
That is gonna be a great show. Go.
>>
Went to wrestlemania 31. Good times
>>
>>2955694
Keith lee is worth the price alone
>>
I was at WM29, and a close-to-WM RAW the year before. I had like $250-300 seats at WM and roughly equivalent seats at RAW (for like $75), so I was pretty close, but it still didn't feel close enough. It's weird not hearing the commentators, or having the ring noises mic'd, and despite having fairly expensive seats, I still found myself looking at the big screens more often than not.

Also, the WM crowd absolutely sucked. Yeah the show was boring and poorly paced but they weren't even trying. Tried starting a shit ton of chants but nobody joined in. And the people I sat next to were indie worshiping smarks (calling wrestlers by their old indie names) who smelled awful.

I had tickets to the RAW the night after WM29 (where Ziggler cashed in), but based on the experience the night before - fun, great pyro, and a cool experience overall, but... meh, been there done that, I've had my fill was my feeling - and the fact that it was a 2-2.5 hour drive and I was kinda tired, I decided to stay home. Worst mistake of my life, I was furious at myself for weeks and I still get annoyed when they reference that night on TV.

Was thinking about going to the Rumble next year, just because the RR crowds have been better as of late, but we'll see.
>>
>>2955694
Don't even think of not going. If I had a show like this in my vicinity I would be there already waiting at the door. Keith Lee is just incredible and Dijak as well.
>>
WM25
WM 30
Night of champions 2015
WM 32
WM33
and im going to Survivor series this year
>>
>>2956343
lol, you in Philly? How did you resist staying home last month when there was a PUNJABI PRISON MATCH?!

(I'd go to the Rumble, because the Rumble match just seems like something that would be fun live no matter what and the 2015 Rumble is in the patheon of great crowds at this point and it's in the same place)
>>
WrestleMania 33.

One of the greatest days of my life, not even kidding.
>>
File: 1494334691337.png (157KB, 516x440px) Image search: [Google]
1494334691337.png
157KB, 516x440px
Anyone been to a Royal Rumble? It seems like the best one to see live.
>>
Mania 25, not worth it at all. Sat next to a dude with massive BO.

Bragging Rights 2009, was okay. Cena Orton for a hour was meh.

Royal Rumble 2014, most fun I've ever had at a show. Bryan Wyatt was great, everything after that from the worst Cena Orton match to the origination of Bootista and booing Rey Mysterio. Such an interesting night.

Last one was Roadblock last December, again was alright. Nothing bad nothing great.
>>
I went to No Mercy last year. It was great with the Mix vs Ziggler match where Ziggler went over.
Also went to Payback this year with was ok, got to cheer Bliss beating Bayley in her hometown but had to sit through the House of Horrors live.
>>
File: newtix.png (17KB, 1121x249px) Image search: [Google]
newtix.png
17KB, 1121x249px
>>2956231
>>2956314
>>2956400
samefag worked me.
got 3 tix; me, gf and her mom(?)
>>
Money In The Bank 2017, went with my wife and married friends of ours. Got irresponsibly drunk at the Hard Rock Cafe next door to the stadium before the doors even opened, but had great seats and a hell of a time. Don't let the E fool you, that whole arena was marking out for Ellsworth pulling down Women's MiTB
>>
>>2955013
I know a couple who've been to Wrestlemania and NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 11 (among others).

They are so into Wrestling it's crazy, obviously they loved doing it all. They liked WK11 more than WM32 (shocking), although the experience of going overseas outweighs the shit card/matches for that.
>>
File: 1495363883334.jpg (134KB, 1776x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1495363883334.jpg
134KB, 1776x1000px
>>
i went to backlash 2016, and id say it was worrh it. good show, great seats, and a very active crowd
>>
I went to TLC (and stairs), it was booty
>>
>>2959415
How did the crowd react to AJ winning?
>>
>>2959554
it was a very large pop
hell the crowd was booing ambrose for most of the match
>>
File: 5bcbf120.png (828KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
5bcbf120.png
828KB, 960x640px
“I got kicked out of one of their events last year I think it was, maybe the year before that, all for throwing up a f***ing birdie at the camera.

“I just find the whole corp aspect of it to be f***in’ p*****fied these days; it’s obvious why they sank so low in popularity compared to the late 90’s and early 00’s.

“They wanted us to do WM32 [Wrestlemania 32] next year but f*** that … We’re still wrestling fans. Not WWE fans.”
>>
>>2955013
TLC in Boston December 2015
Was pretty fun desu but it usually is in person

Then Hell in A Cell this past October wasn't anything special but it was cool to see the cell in person
>>
was at WM 28. Fuck yea it was worth it
>>
>>2955013
>>
Survivor Series 2014

I'm a Dolph fan so it was a great night, and the crowd was good.
>>
>>2955013
>Summerslam 99
Fucking awesome
>Bragging rights 2010
Faced the hard camera, it was ok
>Elimination chamber 2014
3rd row, show was boring, and i was in the corner where the cameraman stood the whole time for the chamber match. I couldnt see shit
>>
It was alright, nothing special.
>>
NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS 2011

BASED HALL OF PAIN
BASED SHOVEL MAN
TERRIBLE CENA-ADR MATCH
BETH LOST IN HER HOME TOWN
CODY-DIBIASE WAS ONE OF THE WORST MATCHES IVE EVER SEEN

8/10 WOULD NEVER ATTEND AGAIN
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.