[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else think this guy is overrated? All he does is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4728.jpg (38KB, 220x311px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4728.jpg
38KB, 220x311px
Does anyone else think this guy is overrated? All he does is 3 moves. Only reason he is so popular is because of the juggalo mask he wears. So he's Mexican big deal. If I was Mexican I'd be ashamed. Eddie Guerrero never hid behind a mask like a little pussy. It's a real shame WWE made him the Triple H of the cruiserweight division. Billy Kidman was so much better. Even fucking Jamie Noble and Shannon Moore were better than this pathetic juggalo.
>>
Kids loved him. Sold lots of masks. It is a kids show, remember.
>>
He was based in WCW, became watered down garbage in WWE like everyone else.
>>
>>2926378
Rey Malenko Guerrero Jericho Juvi Psicosis UltimoDragon Kidman
Ahhhh... memories.....
>>
>>2926319
Rey from 1994 to 2004 was based.
>>
>>2926319
Rey from 1994 to 2004 was based.
>>
>All he does is 3 moves
>over his career has used 9 finishers
>>
If anything I'd say he's underrated. I'd go as far as to say he's one of the top ten best of all time. Flippy shit might be overused now, but it was revolutionary at the time and Rey was the guy who started it all (or at least made it mainstream).
>>
>>2926402
This WCW Rey was pretty based, also all of his previous work was great, when he went to WWE his knees werent the same
>>
>>2926834
He was good in wwe too until his thrusted into the heavyweight title scene. It was fine when he won it and all and emotional but he should've went back to the mid card after, eh stayed in the main event too much because kids loved him and his in ring work deteriorated.
>>
File: Flamita.png (440KB, 300x1013px) Image search: [Google]
Flamita.png
440KB, 300x1013px
>>2926319
Flamita is the future

Rey MysteriWHO?
>>
>>2926845
Fucking based pajamas mate. Hope theyre not flamitable.
>>
>>2926845
Is that the panther guy from Lucha Underground that had a segment hyping him up as the second coming of Jesus Christ, then lost a multimen match and disappeared?
>>
>>2926319
I only liked his feud with Eddie, beside that, i always hated this shitter. I am actually glad i took a long break from WWE, before he got the championship, i couldn't take a ruined royal rumble match by this shitter.
>>
>>2926319
27+ grow up junior. rey rey was based af in WCW
>>
>>2926849
Yeah, he left because AAA is a shithole
>>
>>2926850
>i couldn't take a ruined royal rumble match by this shitter

State of poojeets
>>
>>2926842
He literally went back into the midcard the PPV after he lost the WHC
>>
>>2926319
You need to watch him in the WCW before the roids and injuries, he was awesome back then
>>
>>2926842
Im not saying that he was bad on WWE, but by the time he went there he was heavier and also had injured knees, AAA-WCW Rey Mysterio was peak Rey, his matches were great there
>>
>>2926927
He had a lot of whc title matches.
>>
>>2926319
Literally every indie and cruiserweight is inspired by him
>>
>>2926319
>So he's Mexican big deal.
He's chicano and isn't taken seriously here, it got worse since he killed perro jr.
>>
>>2927263
Bullshit, even in shitass AAA, he was over like a God

and a lot of people don't see Rey as a murderer. There may not be many hardcore smarks like in the US, but even casuals know that Perro's neck was fucked going into that match
>>
>>2927260

A complete joke. Junior and indie style is way more influenced by mid-90s joshi than it is Rey.
>>
>>2926402
This. There was a period in the late 90s / early 2000s where Rey was a serious contender for best wrestler in the world.
>>
>>2927272
>joshi

*tips*
>>
based overrated, pathetic juggalo working the smarks
>>
>>2926319
He was a great wreslter and a proven draw.
>>
>>2926319
>Eddie Guerrero never hid behind a mask like a little pussy
>Eddie was Black Tiger II

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>2926849
Yep. Flamita left though because he was making more money and had better opportunities on the indies.

Anyway, Rey is pretty based desu, even now he's an INSANE draw, especially with latino audiences.

>>2927263
>hes a joke but still gets a huge ass reaction whenever he shows up to wrestle
>>
There's just something about Rey, man. I don't know. I've never been into lucha. I saw him wrestle live a few months ago, and it kind of changed my viewpoint of him

A local indie fed brought him in for their big anniversary show and packed about 1000+ people into a small concert hall (which was big for them, they only really draw about 200), and I went because they always put on a good show and I just remember, like... He came out, and the crowd popped so loud in this packed venue that you got CHILLS.

He's not as fast or into high profile spots as he was back in the day, but that man is one smooth mother fucker in a ring. You couldn't help but be drawn into that match (shoutout to the other guys in it, they did good too). He did a few shoutouts to Eddie in the match which was over as shit, like the "pretend getting hit in the head with a belt" spot to get one of the heels thrown out of the match, did the shimmy, everyone popped so hard that you could feel it in the air.

Match got a standing ovation. Really comfy night.
Rey also spent extra time to make sure that everyone who paid for a meet and greet pass got their money's worth. Everyone who met him said he was such an extremely humble guy.

He might not be top 10 wrestlers of all time, but he's top 5 luchadors easily.
>>
If anything Rey is underrated.
>>
Rey is a legend
>>
>>2926378
This.

Rey Mysterio Jr. was my favorite wrestler in WCW. Roided Rey in WWE was fucking shit.
>>
>>2928505
Flamita left Underground because of the whole Octagon Jr. fiasco
>>
>>2926319
Don't let the later years of his career skew your view on him. He's one of the best of the Monday Night Wars and truly one of the greatest luchadors of all time. He was smooth as silk in the ring and had an undeniable physical charisma to him.
>>
>>2926319
WHO'S THAT JUMPING OUT THE SKY?
R.E.Y.
>>
Rey is actually one of the greatest ever. No idea why people are ragging on his WWE career, guy had good to great matches with every notable guy when he was around. Shawn against Jericho? Jericho's matches with Rey were better. Benoit vs Kurt? Kurt's matches with Rey were better. He was the best in the company for years.
>>
>>2926319
I remember when I first started watching wrestling in 2009 (wasn't allowed to watch as a kid) Rey was one of the few who stood out and really impressed me. As time went on I grew tired of him (and flippy shit in general aside from Jeff Hardy) and did think he was overrated, but honestly I'd rather have Rey back than Finn Balor, Bray Wyatt, or even Seth Rollins at this point.
>>
>>2926319
Rey Rey is very underappreciated by smarks.

Always had good matches, was always over, put over young guys like Kofi and Bourne all the time. Decent on the mic and sold more merchandise than anyone except maybe Cena.
>>
>>2926319
I was a RA babby so him and big dave will always be GOATS in my eyes
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.