[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In hindsight, was the Brand Split a mistake?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: I hurt myself today.jpg (36KB, 592x607px) Image search: [Google]
I hurt myself today.jpg
36KB, 592x607px
In hindsight, was the Brand Split a mistake?
>>
Not really. Hell, even with two brands there are STILL people not getting utilized.
>>
Brand only PPVs are a mistake and always have been.
>>
Smackdown might as well not exist without the brand split

It was basically a raw recap show
>>
It's very very slightly better than pre-split
>>
>>2923029
I feel bad for Sami, everybody was complaining that he was a jobber in RAW and then he went to Smackdown to continue jobbing to Corbin, Jinder, Mike Kanelis and Nakameme.

Dude's got talent and is over with the crowd, it's not like it's some jobber who sucks at wrestling and nobody gives a shit about.
>>
>>2923139
Look at him. He'll never draw unless he dips his head in shoe polish and pretends to be dead. Even then 25 years later on a Chinese knitting board they'll say he sucked and never drew not even once.
>>
>>2923029
Brand split wasn't a mistake
Superstar shake up and Road Dogf were a mistake, to SD, which was GODLIKE television in late 2016
>>
>>2923139
please stop posting for a week and think about the things you just said and come back when you are done realizing how fucking retarded you are
>>
Nah, Vince delebrately sabotaged smack, there were doing great.
>>
>>2923261
Were they?
Backlash 2016 was a very dull PPV.
No Mercy 2016 had fucking Bray Wyatt vs. Orton main event in a snoozefest.
TLC 2016 was a very WWE Style PPV. That Miz/Ziggler match was beyond awful.
Elimination Chamber was one of the most boring PPVs the company ever put on.

There's been some good things, sure, but overall Smackdown has been pretty bland since the split.
People don't want to admit it because it's "not RAW".
The same thing happened with NXT in 2013 when people said it was amazing, but if you watch it back, 90% of what happened during the time was terrible.
>>
what was it like before the split can't imagine how much of a cluster fuck it must have been
>>
>>2923139
Holy fuck you idiot
>>
It's only slightly better but it's nice having two world championships again.
>>
>>2923158
Not sure what you're butt hurt about.

The poster was right, and Sami is one of the only guys in the company with organic heat.. which is a commodity WWE sorely needs after failing on all 3 members of the shield, screwing up Balors hype, and Cena and Orton being on their way out.

Who the hell else is there with a chance to catch fire?
Literally can't think of any but Sami.
Maybe Jason Jordan if he's booked Perfectly
>>
>>2923139
>Dude's got talent and is over with the crowd
kek
>it's not like it's some jobber
at this point he basically is
>who sucks at wrestling and nobody gives a shit about
wrestling is the least important part of making it in the big leagues, friendo.
>>
>>2923393
Hey Vince, your shows sucks.
>>
File: 1472608459843.png (2MB, 595x675px) Image search: [Google]
1472608459843.png
2MB, 595x675px
>>2923261

>smackcucks
>>
>>2923029
Nah, it's great. WWE has too many fucking people (just so they can have a monopoly, seemingly) so 2 shows is the way to do it.

I disagree with the way it's being handled, though, where every time someone gets a chance to improve on SDL, they're immediately shifted to Raw, which already has a bloated tag, mid, upper mid and main event scene, PLUS the cruisers, at which point whoever gets shifted takes the place of another burgeoning talent.

Honestly they should move Balor, Rollins and Galanderson to SDL immediately, as a bare minimum. Really shake up the pale main event and tag scene in SDL
>>
File: Vince-McMahon.jpg (52KB, 650x360px) Image search: [Google]
Vince-McMahon.jpg
52KB, 650x360px
>>2923475
cool. how's your territory doing?
>>
>>2923139
He's literally a step above Curt Hawkins m8
>>
The idea of a brand split is fine. The execution? Bad. Raw and Smackdown don't need each their own world, tag or women's championships. It's so dumb. Plus I don't mind having brand exclusive PPVs, but 2 a month is comically too much.

This is where NXT just feels a lot better, their TakeOvers are like maybe 6 a year if that. Each one feels special and you may have one or two rematches, but it's not every fucking match like with Battleground. You're paying for the exact same PPV again!
>>
>>2923509
>Plus I don't mind having brand exclusive PPVs, but 2 a month is comically too much
Yeah, agreed. 4 weeks just isn't enough to build feuds. The best feuds tend to be be the ones we get on the big four - because they leave a big enough gap between PPVs to let them sizzle.

Maybe a 6 week rotation, so 3 weeks after Summerslam Raw would get a PPV, then 3 weeks after THAT SDL gets a PPV, then 4 weeks later it's Survivor Series, and the cycle begins anew
>>
>>2924095
This. During the original brand split the shows alternated months for PPVs
>>
The tag and women's division don't have enough top talent to support two divisions. They'd have twice as many top stars if they had any besides cena and bonk.
>>
>>2923272
>No Mercy 2016 had fucking Bray Wyatt vs. Orton main event in a snoozefest.
>Ignoring the Triple Threat and the IC title match
>>
>>2923033
>This
>>
>>2923489
>unironically defending Vince shitting in your mouth

the absolute state of edrones
>>
Two shows are fine. There's too many people who need airtime to have them all appear on the same show.

I do think they need to add a low tier belt to each show though. Right now both shows only have two individual belts, the heavy weight title and a mid card belt. Just too little to give the wrestlers to feud over and they create dumb storylines for the rest. Add the European Title to RAW and the Hardcore Title to Smackdown.
>>
I think it'd be better to do away with brand specific PPVs, but let main eventers not show up to a PPV every now and then. I like the idea of it being important when the champion is out talking/fighting, instead of having the entire show constantly revolve around him. It adds more prestige, and helps prevent burnout. People just have to cycle through feuds too quickly that nothing ever gets built up.

And giving random guys in the mid-card title shots wouldn't work. No one would take it seriously. WWE has reached an odd stage where its main event and mid-card have fused together simply because the main-event feuds have all been used up.
>>
I think it'd be better to do away with brand specific PPVs, but let main eventers not show up to a PPV every now and then. I like the idea of it being important when the champion is out talking/fighting, instead of having the entire show constantly revolve around him. It adds more prestige, and helps prevent burnout. People just have to cycle through feuds too quickly that nothing ever gets built up.

And giving random guys in the mid-card title shots wouldn't work. No one would take it seriously. WWE has reached an odd stage where its main event and mid-card have fused together simply because the main-event feuds have all been used up.
>>
>>2923495
>telling such a preposterous lie
>>
No.
>>
>>2923029
Mudslime shouldn't had lost the mask, he wouldve sold masks like hotcakes even if he was a jobber
>>
>>2923029
no

>>2923035
this
>>
>>2923029
no

>>2923035
this
>>
>>2928631
I think thats a backup ala Mr America shenanigans. (Hope someone gets the joke)

The split at the very least gave time to those not getting it so yes, keep the split but not the brand PPVs.

Make Survivor Series proper 4v4s across all brands. Raw, Smackdown, NxT, UK, 205, pitted against each other with a 'winners' sole survivor team match at the end the teams split evenly. Sole surviors are granted no.1 contender opportunities in their brands, if there are more than 1 winning from a particular brand its a triple threat/fatal four etc.

Raw vs Smack
205 vs NxT
Womens Raw vs Smack piss break
Smack #2 vs UK
Raw #2 vs NxT
Title match
Winners Sole survior Finale
Main event
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.