[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worst NJPW Match You've Seen?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: josh-barnett-ufc-168.jpg (260KB, 640x420px) Image search: [Google]
josh-barnett-ufc-168.jpg
260KB, 640x420px
I always hear about the good matches... what about the bad ones?

My pick is a tag match – Shinsuke Nakamura and Kazushi Sakuraba vs Daniel and Rolles Gracie

Horrendous fake-MMA.
>>
I watched the 2007 G1 Final card, and it shocked me how much worse the matches were back then. CAW shoot MMA style guys one after another, it was so boring. And the crowd was comatose.
>>
There's lots of them, just take a look at the undercard on most shows. I guess in terms of "major" Brock Lesnar vs Shinsuke Nakamura fucking sucked.
>>
>>2915077
>Shinsuke Nakamura and Kazushi Sakuraba vs Daniel and Rolles Gracie
The fuck? That sounds like a match straight out of the Inokism era yet it happened a few years ago? Weird.
>>
>>2915189
this

Not sure why people seem to pretend they don't exist but a majority of the undercard matches in NJPW, and AJPW as well, are straight up boring. That's not to say other companies like WWE have good undercards because they don't as well, but too many people turn a blind eye because muh Japanese wrestling.
>>
>>2915303
You'd be hardpressed to find any promotion that had a solid undercard, midcard AND uppercard on a consistent basis. Granted the 6/8-man tags are beyond tedious by this point, but it's one of the ways a promotion like New Japan sets up future matches and feuds.
>>
Jeff Hardy vs Naito
>>
File: bd.jpg (21KB, 404x468px)
bd.jpg
21KB, 404x468px
>>2915077
Bas Ruten vs. Koji Kanemoto for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship

The definition of Fake MMA
>>
>>2915303
>>2915595
Depends the shows we're talking about. Top to bottom I think NJPW PPV shows and tourney events are usually good. Their buildup shows "on the road to [insert name]" to the big events are where the weakest stuff is.
>>
>>2915689
i've been curious about looking into 2000s new japan. i'm told it's more worked-shoot style like UWF. is that right?
>>
>>2915811
Yes and it practically killed the company. They were WCW 2001 tier at one point, Tanahashi put the company on his back and carried them out of near death. He also opted to move away from Inokism and adopted more Western style wrestling, taking a lot of influence from Shawn Michaels.
>>
>>2915148

Wasn't NOAH the best at the time in Japan?
>>
>>2915077

I don't know, but I'm sure it involved Yoshitatsu, Fale, or Bone Soldier/CNJ
>>
File: cap008_20091124013950.jpg (83KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
cap008_20091124013950.jpg
83KB, 640x480px
>>2915844
Nakamura was their future ACE...well, Inoki's ACE

Dude main evented a Tokyo Dome show, his first year w/ the company
>>
>>2915853
NOAH was the best from its inception till about 2009ish. Though they were trending downwards before Misawa's death.
>>
>>2915811
>i'm told it's more worked-shoot style like UWF. is that right?
It was like a crappier version of the UWF style with terrible booking on top.
>>
>>2915853
Best is subjective. NOAH has always suffered from shitty booking, but they offered straight up pro-wrestling which is what the fans wanted.
>>
>>2915853
>>2915870
>>2915905
>yfw AJPW is going to be #2 again
it took them a generation or two
>>
>>2915888
i just checked out this>>2915689 match

it was pretty cringe. if this was the average then yeah it's like a weak UWF or RINGS (and I really liked those worked shoot feds) and I could see why it almost killed the company what with PRIDE exploding on the scene.

but this was like the era where Nagata was THE GUY right? his stuff is pretty good no?
>>
>>2916043
They're still not there yet, why do you think they'll be number 2? Not disagreeing just wondering what your reasoning is given they only have 13 full timers on the roster.
>>
>>2916043
They're absolutely miles behind DG and DDT, give it time mate
>>
>>2915870
>Misawa's death
poor guy. kawada lost his passion for wrestling after misawa died in the ring too.
>>
>>2915622
just watched this, worst shit ever, stay away
>>
>>2917072
>>2915622
gonna try to find it to watch it

my body is ready for vanilla naito and juff cringe
>>
>>2915077
Anything with Fale
>>
>>2915870
Why does everyone hate them so much now though?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.