[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did JBL just mention Goto in that Nakamura match?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

File: 008.0.jpg (93KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
008.0.jpg
93KB, 240x320px
Did JBL just mention Goto in that Nakamura match?
>>
Goto also got mentioned in an AJ Styles (Mauro said AJ adopted the move from him)
>>
yes. new japan is so small that they don't mind mentioning them because there's no way they're going to be a competitor.
take note: TNA is a more threatening competitor to WWE than who japan
>>
>>2913265
Goto coming to WWE when?
>>
>>2913229
based Goto going over on commentary and winning the G1
>>
>>2913229
what did he say?
>>
>>2913291
kek you retard, both WWE and NJPW mention each other at times while TNA gets literally BTFO by both, WWE even adressed them as "T&A", they surely are a major threat
>>
>>2913291
TNA is not canon
>>
>>2913229
Yeah, trying to copy a better announcer (Mauro) is my guess. That or realizing that more people are watching G1 and a lot of wrestling fans know who that is.
>>
Well, WWE actually says another promotions like when Nigel said ROH in the Aleister vs Almas
>>
>>2913291
It's actually because bringing up peoples past accomplishments from ROH or NJPW gives them legitimacy and TNA is embarrassing.
>>
>>2913600
But that's not true because no one knows what NJPW and ROH are.
>>
>>2913376
He was talking about how Nakamura beat Goto for the IWGP IC championship.
>>
>>2913229
He said Nakamura beat Goto for the IWGP Heavyweight title in 2002 when it was Tenzan in 2003
>>
>>2913624
Yeah including all those people buying up those shirts at Hot Topic they can't keep in stock, right?
>>
>>2913624
Well they've been mentioning ROH on WWE as far back as 2005 so someone must have heard of them.
>>
>>2913863
if wwe had shirts in hot topic you'd say
>LOLWWE
>LOL HOT TOPIC WHAT IS THIS 2007
>>
>>2913992
and NJPW and WWE once had a partnership 30 some years ago
>>
>>2913229
GOATo
>>
>>2914076
WWE already has shirts in Hot Topic dude. It makes sense because as passè as HT is, they are fucking everywhere.
>>
>>2913291
Retard.

NJPW = dragonball z
ROH = dragonball
T&A = dragonball GT
Wwe= dragonball super
>>
>>2914164
anime is for faggots
>>
>>2916560
why the fuck did you bump this you retard? this is not the kind of thread that needs to last for days on end. it ran its course.
>>
>>2914080
Pretty sure WCW was the one NJPW had a partnership with.
>>
>>2914080
>>2916598
jushin liger was on an nxt show like 2 years ago
>>
>>2916599
Liger is in a lot of places.
>>
They like to talk about the IWGP belts because to the people that do know them, the belts are prestigious, so mentioning them will get the person over and even if you don't know what they are, "IWGP Intercontinental Championship" or "IWGP Heavyweight Championship" just sounds fucking cool anyway.

Like, last year, Cole read down Finn Balor's resume from New Japan and even though I didn't understand what stuff like the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship or the Super Junior Tournament was, I immediately understood it meant something.

>>2913291
I think it's because TNA stands for Tits and Ass and if you wanna get somebody over by mentioning their past accomplishments, that's a joke of a thing to mention.
>>
>>2914361
dbz barely counts as anime
>>
>>2916607
>I didn't understand what stuff like the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship or the Super Junior Tournament was
How? Benoit, Jericho, Guerrero and loads of others all competed in them. It's not like it's a new thing.
>>
>>2913291
Reminder that New Japan has sold more seats in the USA in 2017 than TNA
>>
>>2914164
So wwe is the best?

inb4 muh 30yo are better because their old

Gtfo grandpa super is better
>>
>>2916800
It means that he wasn't familiar with them. They only mention it on tv because it sounds prestigious (which is it, a concept foreign to wwe fans) and a casual viewer doesn't connect it to NJPW
>>
>>2916598
Before WCW partnered with NJPW, WWE partnered with NJPW back in 1980s. The WWF International Championship was defended in NJPW most of the time.
>>
>>2916800
I just wasn't familiar with them at the time, I'd only been watching wrestling for a few months at the time and had a pretty vague understanding of what NJPW even was. Basically, I knew Brock, AJ and Nakamura had held the IWGP Heavyweight Championship and this sounded similar to that, so it must've been a big deal.
>>
>>2916757
dbz is for faggots
>>
>>2917896
so is wrestling
>>
>>2918964
got me there
>>
>>2921367
bump
>>
>>2921446
Bump
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.