[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wrestling School

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: img_1533.jpg (161KB, 960x717px) Image search: [Google]
img_1533.jpg
161KB, 960x717px
Has anyone here been to or considered going to wrestling school?

What's it like?
>>
there was a big thread about this last month or so, a few people said they had and currently are so maybe they'll see this thread
>>
>>2911366
I'm trying to get into contact with a local wrestling school right now.

Haven't heard from them yet though, must be busy. That and the Winter 2017 class is already set so I might have to wait until I can apply for the next set.
>>
>>2911366
I'm going to as soon as I finish college. I'd be entering a school now but I got a free ride scholarship so it didn't make any sense to not go and get a job to fall back on and make money to support the training time
>>
>>2911366
i would go to seths school if i live in usa
>>
anyone here from UK have experience?
>>
>>2911366
I know so much about the business I could run a school and turn out a crop of some of the best.
>>
I want to train in some legit grappling and pro wrestling at the same time, so I can implement some legit stuff into a pro wrestling moves arsenal.
>>
i thought about it a lot after having lifted weights for a few years and put on some muscle

but then i did some googling and found out that wrestlers are in pretty much constant pain and the vast majority of them don't even make enough to have it as their only job

fuck that noise
>>
>>2911450
Had a friend go through GPWA in Glasgow said it was great, plus its a easy way to get picked up by ICW who have a working relationship with WWE
>>
Experience depends on the promotion.

Make sure you look at ALL options, just because one is closer to you doesn't mean it's worth saving a half hour on your drive. Be really careful of schools that require you to go to seminars taught by other wrestlers as well, those can range anywhere from $20-$200 and most of them suck. Also, don't be dumb, please watch the product of whatever school you're going to so you get a feel of it. Also I can tell you that going to the cheaper yard-tard/trashbag backyard school and going to a fancier school later won't help you. You'll pick up bad habits and depending on the promotions, they might legit not let you sign up for the other school.

I've been training for about six months, had my first match a few months ago, so I'll break down kind of how classes get taught, I guess?

Starting with "beginners/basic class", everyone starts with stretching and the basic warm up drill. This is the first thing they ever taught us.
>Two forward rolls to the corner.
>You hop over the top rope onto the apron, hop back, hop out the other side, hop back in.
>two back rolls, a forward roll off of the bottom rope, another back roll.
>Two quarter/shoulder/lucha rolls for each arm.
>Back bump. Flip bump. Face bump.

Then we run ropes for three minutes in pairs of two. Depending on who is teaching the class, we'll have two other people in the corners doing high knees until it's their turn to run the ropes and they switch places. From then on, depending on the skill level we'll have basic drills and run basic spots until they can start putting things together.

Advanced classes start the same with the warm-up, but instead of doing basic drills they focus more on character work during matches, hammer down psychology, promos, and have practice matches.

I know some places have gym equipment and will focus on that as a part of their training, but we don't have that here.
>>
I imagine a fair few of them are just old carnies trying to fleece money from wannabes.
>>
>>2911583
So no psychology taught at all? No wonder the business is dying. They think fucking practicing flips and rolls are more important LOL
>>
guys i start wrestling school tomorrow. what entrance music do you think i should use when i start working?
>>
>>2911612
No, it is. They go through the basic breakdown of Establishment Shine Cutoff Heat Comeback Finish, and then during the spots that they learn and try to piece together, they also have to talk about where they think it'd go in a match.

They just go into it into more detail in the advanced classes, which they're normally a part of for at least a few weeks before they actually have their first match.
>>
>>2911612
>no psychology taught at all
>>2911583
>hammer down psychology

do you read?

>>2911603
jeff Jarrett and Vampiro in a nutshell
>>
File: DDhQToqWAAAI0E_.jpg_large.jpg (127KB, 965x965px) Image search: [Google]
DDhQToqWAAAI0E_.jpg_large.jpg
127KB, 965x965px
>>2911366
I didn't go to a school, but was trained by Chris Adams. Tough son of a bitch but that's the way it was in those days. I kept in touch with him as much as possible during my hollywood blondes run. Was pretty tough after brian died, then my fucking stinger, but he helped me out, plus helped re-tune my style when I came back to the ring. Wish I coulda had that fucker on my podcast.

...but wrestling schools are ok.
>>
>>2911525
Could, should, would.
>>
>>2911540
Unironically go to a lucha libre school.

99% of the lucha gyms in Mexico also teach greco-roman wrestling and a lot of American lucha gyms follow that tradition.
>>
>>2911437
You're a poo? Are you the old bitch in that angaartv Recently? All makes sense now..
>>
>>2911635
You have a along time before you have to worry about that my friend
>>
Yes I have, but not enough to be able to comment on the whole experience. This school has been around for decades and has produced a ton of pro (WWE) talent, but most people are just there to wrestle without the hope of a pro career (at least I think so). It's a little different than if you want to the Chikara school or Anderson/Daivari's school, or the Dudley's school, etc. This was more a you get what you put in type of thing rather than a true school. You show up when you can, you train with whomever is the senior person there. After you run through most of the basics, it gets a little tougher with more workout based exercises and run-throughs and being the ref, until you do shows (probably after 3 months or so). To start, lots of bumps, protecting yourself, correct stances/holds, and running the ropes. Then drills. Then match sequences.
>>
Anyone know of the Progress wrestling Projo in London?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.