[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kyokushin Karate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: flat,1000x1000,075,f.u2.jpg (104KB, 711x1000px) Image search: [Google]
flat,1000x1000,075,f.u2.jpg
104KB, 711x1000px
Hey /asp/ies I'll be in Japan soon and remember a couple of years ago here someone said that they got to train Kyokushin Karate while they were there for a bit

I'd like to do the same, or at least spar so does anyone have any knowledge at all about this? I have no idea how to go about it, I already do TSD/Boxing so I'm not unfit
>>
the most memetic of all the karates
>>
>>2910744
k
>>
>>2910469
Can't find that info somewhere else in the internet? Weird.
>>
>>2914114
No I can't sorry I'm interrupting your stream of fake wrestling threads
>>
>>2916285
I mean... You're the retard that made this thread in a board full of fat fucks that have never been in a fight an unironically watch fake fighting and man drama.
>>
>>2916335
This board used to be full of MA threads so I'm hoping there are some still here why does this trigger you so much
>>
>>2910469
kyo guy here, fucking go for it.

> find a dojo morning ones are the best ones
( 6;30-9:00 )
> show up
> train hard as you can
> get smacked about like a bitch
> repeat
> repeat
> repeat
> maiwashi cunts back into the womb
> congrats you are now an orange belt

you'll love it, it will make you fitter and stronger than you realise.
>>
>>2916627
Awesome thanks for response my dude, any tips on what Japanese I should learn?

Only there for 2 weeks unfortunately but would be keen to train for a few days or at least suss somewhere out so if I ever get more time I can train for longer
>>
>>2916711
OSU is all you need to know in kyo
You might get a few sessions in then :)

Some japs know English so you should be ok
>>
>>2916338
theres a fucking martial arts general on this board just post it there if you want a reply
>>
>>2910469

Former Kyo guy here.

Yes, training in Kyokushin is a great idea.

However:
>I already do TSD/Boxing so I'm not unfit

Just forget about that.. If you start Kyokushin you are at level 0, the only exception being MuayThai.

It's not uncommon for Karate black belts from something like Shotokan coming to Kyo and think they are already so great because they can hit so hard. Then you do "warm up" with them (punching/kicking each other everywhere with maybe 20% power) and they already want to stop. Or even worse, they try to go all out. This always ends bad. Because it's one thing to kick with 100% and a differnt story to get a leg kick or bare knuckle punch with 100%. Kyokushin is great in teaching you how much power you really can apply. You learn to adapt your punching/kicking to your opponent and almost never go all out.

Long story short:
On my first Kyokushin training lesson I thought I was the hot shit, but after it couldn't barely walk, because I just wasn't used to getting kicked.

Kyokushin is a lot of fun and they train you like you haven't been trained before. But take this friendly piece of advice:
Before you go there, make sure you are very fit (especially rope skipping, pushups, situps). Also start punching yourself in the belly regulary and hit your upper legs with something like a stick - doesn't have to be full power. You want belly muscles of steel, ESPECIALLY when you are going to train Kyokushin Japan, you madman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rk52gIdQZI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXVtObBHbSk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQBBSLtReNk
>>
>>2917039
thanks for the advice anon
>>
>>2917039
Does beating the shit out of you with sticks really work for something other than killing the nerves? I practice Shotokan, and we do this at our dojo, but I've always thought is a stupid practice
>>
>>2917703
Well, the point of conditioning, partially, is to kill the nerves so pain doesn't affect you that badly.
>>
>>2917703
yes
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.