[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Sweet Science

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: champ.jpg (10KB, 200x252px) Image search: [Google]
champ.jpg
10KB, 200x252px
Joe Frazier arguably had the best left hand in boxing history. He intimidated his opponents more effectively than Liston. The right side of his opponents faces were always disfigured for weeks. Obviously my favorite boxer is Frazier, who is yours? Also Boxing General.
>>
>>2909165
I should have known none of you pussy virgin fagots would have any idea who this man even was. I hate being part of this shitty generation.
>>
Shouldn't this be on /sp/?

My favourite boxer is prime Mike Tyson. I know, it's so often you hear that. You can make the case that in his prime and before firing Rooney he was up against cans, but still his punches and knockouts were beautiful. The main reason why he's my favourite though is because he's the one who got me into boxing.

Favourite active boxer is Lomachenko. I find his footwork beautiful.

This isn't the right place to post threads like these man. This board is crawling with mandrama aspies. Better go to /box/ in /sp/, it can be shit but it's better than this place. Or at least go to /mag/
>>
>>2909165
Smokin Joe will always be considered as one of the best and one the very few to be called undisputed champ, but when history speaks of him it'll always be him being the loser in the feud with Ali.
>>2909270
Tyson is pretty good choice. His brutal intimidating style was a sight to behold, and yes it does belong in /box/.
>>
>>2909304
Frazier won in Manila.
God damned corner men...
>>
>>2909165
Take a shower and get fucked in the ass by a BBC, faggot
>>
>>2909165
Im new to boxing. Who are the best draws in prof boxing atm?
>>
>>2909309
There was no way he could have won that fight Jeff. He had him out punched and Joe couldn't even see at that point. Competent judges had Ali in points if they'd gone the distance.
>>2909314
Right now the champions of the heavyweight division look prime and ready for some massive money matches if they go against each other. Everyone there is undefeated.
>>
>>2909363
They wouldn't have gone the distance.
Ali was broken.
Even if he had come out of the corner for 15 (you KNOW Joe would have if they'd have let him) he would have gone down within two minutes. He was simply broken. Frazier didn't need to be able to see him proper to land one last good left hook. Ali would have fallen, and wouldn't be anywhere near as overrated as he is today.
>>
File: Pepe_Ora.gif (405KB, 359x371px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe_Ora.gif
405KB, 359x371px
>>2909367
Honestly at that point it was who was going to blink first and unfortunately Frazier blinked. Even if it wasn't by is own accord. Frazier could have gotten another wind and land a good left on Ali, but Ali could have seen the wasted Frazier and be become motivated enough to finish the fight.
>>
>>2909391
I think there is something to be said of the blinded Frazier begging his corner not to stop the fight, while the spent Ali begged his corner to stop it.
Poetic justice for all the trash Ali talked before the first bout.
None of it changes history, though. 2-1 Ali over Frazier.
>>
File: Sipping Intently.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Sipping Intently.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>2909402
Agreed, Ali got what came to him. To bad about the timing.
>>
>>2909561
You're clearly an expert. May I suckle from you knowledge teat?
>>
File: 3y4oAtP.gif (2MB, 296x222px) Image search: [Google]
3y4oAtP.gif
2MB, 296x222px
>>2909565
here's some widom for ya. nobody cares about boxin. nobody cared about it before either until a guy named ali stole gorgeous george's trash talk playbook and everybody stopped caring once he retired and at this point boxing is so corrupt that wrestlin is more legit sport lmao also this man woulda whooped any boxing champion that ever lived in a real no holds bar fight
>>
>>2909402
What? Is this confirmed or just a rumor? Did he actually want to quit? How did he end up winning? Please elaborate. Was it a work or a shoot?
>>
>>2909572
You're right about Ali stealing his gimmick from GG, but boxing was legit, and the whole country cared about it. Joe Louis, Jack Dempsey, Rocky Marciano, Ray Robinson, Jake Lamotta, Jim Braddock, Floyd Patterson, Sonny Liston just to name a few of the names YOU may have heard. These men were all known world wide before Ali. Ali helped take it to a new level in the mid to late sixties, and his hiatus led to what was aptly billed as "The Fight of the Century."
Ken Norton, Earnie Shavers, George Foreman, the SPinks, Larry Holmes, Marvin Hagler, TOmmy Hearns, Ray Leonard, and Roberto Duran carried it until it eventually died.
But to say nobody cared? Ignorant.
Boxing crossover helped put wrestlemania on the map.
R-tard.
>>
>>2909574
Ali told Dundee to cut his gloves off after the 14th because he couldn't go on. Ali went on record several times saying that Joe Frazier just happened to throw the towel first.
Frazier himself protested his corner throwing in the towel despite being basically blinded, while Ali was essentially begging his corner to let him stop fighting.
Actual quotes are hard to come by in this business, but look into it. The information is readily accessible.
>>
>>2909580
FROTHING
>>
>>2909591
Gracias amigo

I thought Ali won by KO
>>
>>2909592
Quite calm, nigga.
This is actually my "mindless input" to help me wind down before I go to bed. I've seen all the Squidbillies =/
>>
>>2909580
Zzzzzzz
and yet here we are. the biggest fight boxing can muster up to get the casuals all heated is between a retiree and an irish jabroni from an entirely different sport.

and again the only reason anyone cares is coz the lil freckled homo talks pro wrasslin tier smack. he lifted his whole shtick from guys like vince mcmahon lmao
>>
>>2909597
That won't help you dealing with your ding-dong diddly crippling insecurities.

I recommend you to furiously jerk off to your crush
>>
>>2909599
Well boxing nowadays is a joke, brother. No argument here. Frazier would smash any modern heavyweight the way that Harley Race, or Ole Anderson would destroy any of these prissy, glass-boned wannabes that pass for "sports entertainers"
>>
>>2909608
What? I mean I'll probably beat it a bit later, but wtf does that have to do with anything?
>>
>>2909610
>Frazier would smash any modern heavyweight
8/10 bait, made me respond
Kill yourself
>>
>>2909616
Shitposting on asp as a mindless input release is inefficient, it's a huge waste of time. Just stroke yourself to sleep
>>
>>2909619
Please name a modern heavyweight that could withstand more than a few solid left hooks from Joe Frazier circa 1971.
I'll. Fucking. Wait.
>>
>>2909623
I'm not the one shitposting, friend. Just sharing a little knowledge I happen to have on a particular subject. It's a lot more efficient for me than you may realize.
>>
>>2909610
Harley Race has trained the last 2-3 generations of wrestlers you bitter old fuck
>>
>>2909644
And not one of his students were/are anywhere near as tough as him. You need to watch some old school stuff on the network, kid. I'll give you the login to my throwaway account. These guys were seriously badass
>>
>>2909664
>not being as tough as one of the toughest guys ever

post login then faggot
Wow that sure is a black mark on them.
>>
>>2909682
Everyone is that tough. It's about tapping into it.
If you can't, then you're a pussy. Period. Warriors and berry pickers, fool.
I recommend taking up distance running.
No. I won't post.
BILLING!
>>
>>2909639
Ok then. We need more posters like you. Do you pass by /asp/ often?
>>
>>2909688
>I'll give you the login to my throwaway account
>No. I won't post

pussy
>>
>>2909691
No. I do not.
4chan in general is something I do when I'm super baked, can't sleep, or have internet illiterate friends over that can't believe there is a website where "people post snapchats!"
I just happen to be a huge fan of pro wrestling, and boxing.

>>2909692
Who the fuck has a fucking throwaway WWE network account? Fuck off you fucking idiot. WORKED.
>>
>>2909746
>hurr i woz only pretendin
>>
How far I would get if I train on my own?
>>
File: fury.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
fury.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
>>2909610

>Frazier would smash any modern heavyweight

You BIG STIFF IDIOT
>>
>>2910770
Good point.
>>
How is different olympic boxing from regular boxing?
>>
>>2909165
Charlie Zelenoff 967-0 #1PFP
>>
>>2914170
Olympic and amateur scoring tends to be more based on better combinations and hitting the other guy more. Knock outs are not common and the shorter number of rounds (4 if I recall properly) mean boxers are looking for opportunities more aggressively. Pro boxing is stretched over more rounds and boxers are more willing to take their time setting up opportunities. This creates a whole other meta to work around.
>>
>>2914393
So, if the Olympic boxing is more aggressive and the players are less extenuated, shouldn't be more entertaining to watch or something?
>>
>>2909634
lmao wasn't even the hardest hitter of his era
>>
>>2917110
it actually is in my opinion
>>
>>2914393
It depends on what you're looking for. It's kind of like how some people prefer college sports because they feel like the games mean more to the players and they're more willing to do more to either prove themselves or they know it's their last chance to play that sport.

Watch Mayweather's first pro fight (when he's fresh out of the Olympics) versus how he fights now and you'll get something of an idea, albeit an extreme one.
>>
>>2917160
Of course not, that was Shavers.
Still, Frazier would destroy the modern garbage "boxers"
They're tall, big deal.
Frazier had one of the best chins in the best era of heavyweight boxing history.
There are far better boxers than Frazier, but when you put the whole package together, he will make every top ten heavyweight list you could fathom.
Frazier > Tyson.
Considering Tyson was way stronger and faster. It says a lot that Frazier was twice the fighter Tyson ever was.
>>
>>2909165
>DOWN GOES FRAZIER
>DOWN GOES FRAZIER
>DOWN GOES FRAZIER
>>
>>2909165

Do you have any links to his matches?
>>
How much bigger than mine can a mans dick possibly be before he is considered legally handicapped?
>>
>>2909165
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfIcv73ZrEc
I'm surprised no one is mentioning morrison. Even if he got aids then went autismo
>>
>>2921379
15 inches more than your micro penis anon
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.