[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder there will never be a bigger draw than Stone Cold

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: neck shatters.jpg (59KB, 673x528px) Image search: [Google]
neck shatters.jpg
59KB, 673x528px
Reminder there will never be a bigger draw than Stone Cold
>>
Why did Owen Hart do it? Was he jealous?
>>
>>2908761
it's basically impossible to determine who was the bigger draw between austin and rock. either way yeah it'll never happen again and we were insanely lucky to have them both at once.
>>
>>2908777
It is pretty crazy looking back on it
>>
>>2908777
Who was a better CEO, Steve Jobs or Tim Cook? One guy MADE the business, and one guy took a huge business and made it slightly more successful.
>>
>>2908777

>>2908777

I would argue that the fact that Austin was massively over during the periods he couldn't wrestle and the fact that not being around only made the audience want him more puts him over Rock
>>
>>2908761
Hogan was a bigger draw. Don't let Meltzer fool you.
>>
>>2908801
WWF made a total profit of 50 million dollars during Hogan's prime.
>>
>>2908801
Didn't WCW die?
>>
>>2908777
On today's something to wrestle with Bruce broke down the increased percentage of business in many categorys from 97 to 98. The numbers were insane. It wasn't a direct comparison between Stone Cold and the Rock but Rock was still a fuck boy at this point and Austin was making Vince millions in every category.
>>
>>2908819
Conrad broke down the numbers, not Bruce. It was also his own research and not Meltzer Magoos tally. Sorry
>>
>>2908777

Watch the 2000 Royal Rumble and you'll know who the bigger draw was.
>>
>>2908825
Austin.
>>
Reminder that Austin was only hired to be a jobber-to-the-stars mechanic and if he'd come up in any other era that's all Vince ever would've let him be.
>>
>eric bischoff fired Austin

the state of their booking
>>
Cuck cold steve austin never drew a dime, his what chant did
>>
>>2909938
18+
Stone Cold was a megastar before the what chant existed
>>
>>2908775
did the wwe sacrifice him for almost killing their business?
>>
>>2909943
imagine how things would have went if Austin retired in 97

Melzter says the Undercarder would have won the title at WM 14

lol
>>
>>2909946
A+ argument skills
>>
>>2909946
god just shut the fuck up
>le seether meme
>>
>>2909949
wcw still mightve gotten shut down in 01 though so who knows, but ill bet vince wouldnt have had enough money to buy wcw without stone cold
>>
File: image.gif (3MB, 200x150px)
image.gif
3MB, 200x150px
>>2909949

Undercarder being champion..

Yeah like Vince would ever even consider doing that again.

What a mark.
>>
>>2909956
What, $3m?
>>
>>2909984
damn I thought he paid more than that
>>
>>2909999
DDP said that had he known the price he would've put in a bid but I reckon Vince kept it quiet whilst AOL/Time Warner just wanted rid of WCW asap, hence low price.
>>
>>2909949
>Melzter says the Undercarder would have won the title at WM 14

source: your ass
>>
>>2910017
He said it on the Lapsed Fan but he was just speculating and guessing. You also have to figure they wouldn't have let Bret go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibVaY9jx5NA
>>
>>2908788
In that scenario, nWo is Jobs, and Austin is Cook.
>>
>>2908807
Less PPVs a year.
Raw numbers dont work for me brother.
>>
>>2908777
Never gonna happen again. Not the way Vince and the rest of those control freaks micromanages everything nowadays. Back in the 90's he was desperate to get a win over WCW, and was more open to suggestions. He gave them a chance and the exploded.
>>
>>2910359
ummmm no sweetie, vince said that the new generation are not ambitious enough and are scared of failing. FACT
>>
>>2910452
More like scared that if they go against their shitty booking decisions, it's only gonna get worse.
>>
>>2910359

Cringe

Ding-Dong Diddlykys
>>
>>2910452
Considering what happens to people who manage to succeed in WWE if they're not chosen ones they're absolutely right to.

>go out there and grab the Brass Ring
>Zack Ryder gets over and becomes a top merch seller without even being on TV
>receives the most spiteful and malicious burial since the WCW "InVasion" and never truly recovers
>>
>>2910490
Zack had the nerve to get over by himself instead of kissing Vince's ass.
>>
>>2910490
Ryder had the worlds most stupidest gimmick. What a joke.
>>
>>2910534
It's no more stupid than "Vanilla Ice".

And at least guidos were contemporary in 2009.

>most stupidest

t. brainlet
>>
>>2910538
t. virgin smark
>>
>>2910540
>get BTFO
>v-v-virgin
>>
File: 1468589512068.png (431KB, 476x616px)
1468589512068.png
431KB, 476x616px
>>2910548
>BTFO
>>
>>2910490
Zack got over with the fat smarks for no reason. They need someone who gets over with normies and non wrestling fans.
>>
>>2910966
I swear, wrestling has to be the only fucking place where fans actually WANT the companies to cater to non-fans as much as they possibly can.
>>
>>2910966
Bullshit. Not only is "fat smarks" a hollow term that doesn't explain anything, you can see at the time plenty of normies were behind Ryder.
>>
>>2911026
They had their most success and growth when they catered to non-fans so it's logical people would still think that's the way to go.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.