[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What really killed WCW?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_4406.jpg (18KB, 299x228px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4406.jpg
18KB, 299x228px
What really killed WCW?
>>
Those internet CDs poor people would take for free at Walmart.
>>
>>2903041
Jewish bankers and I am not even meme'ing
>>
File: freeze.jpg (45KB, 431x300px) Image search: [Google]
freeze.jpg
45KB, 431x300px
The ice age
>>
>>2903053
You are memeing. Ted Turner was the one on the side of the Jewish bankers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCUIlV-AKY4

You think it is any coincidence that Vince got hit with steroid scandals and tax evasion when Clinton came to office? You think it's a coincidence Vince is best buddies with Trump and gets his stuff put out by Rupert Murdoch? It's not.

WCW, Turner, Clintons v WWF, Murdoch, Trump.
>>
>>2903041
Unrestrained spending of someone else's money, then being cut off from said money.
>>
>>2903063
Clinton seems to think the Jew is bullshitting him and is just giving "yeah whatever" answers
>>
>>2903075

I don't think you follow. It's not even up for debate "if" Turner supports the Clintons, when he openly says "I am voting Clinton", and then Trump spends a year attacking CNN as fake news.

People like that video clip not because it says anything, but because it is clearly the very first time the Clintons are being sounded out on working with/for Turner's gold. The fact Clinton is non-committal shows he didn't at that point know if it was BS or a honey trap or whatever. But that was like 92 or something. History since then has shown Turner corporation working closely with Clintons that whole time.

I would love to know who they bank with. Because if WCW Turner is with Goldman Sachs and WWE Trump is with JP Morgan, then it is a battle which is literally Jew v W.A.S.P.
>>
AOL/Time Warner Merger.

They could have gone on forever if Based Billionare Ted was still in charge.
>>
>>2903097
Alright calm down, /pol/. The AOL/Time warner merger killed it because the new executive didn't want to feature wrasslin. Not what ever nonsensical story you gave
>>
How far early was the AOL/Time Warner thing? I recall reading that Bischoff said the seeds were already sown as early as 1996, around the time or perhaps even just before the nWo angle took off.
>>
File: Star_of_David.svg.png (48KB, 1200x1385px) Image search: [Google]
Star_of_David.svg.png
48KB, 1200x1385px
>>2903041
>>
>>2903208
I don't think you follow. That post was simply explaining why "Jews did it" was probably the diametric opposite of what actually took place.

Apologies if you think this style of post needs "calming down" - it is all very rational and backed by actual physical facts. Rather than the much more /pol/ish "Jews did this!" that it was attempting to debunk.

Posting on the wrestling board of 4chan, you don't expect to be writing for sensitive souls to read.
>>
>>2903115

This.

Bischoff probably could have turned things around with his group of investors IF they found a TV home for the WCW. AOL/TimeWarner killed that chance though. They wanted to focus on comedy and original programming on TBS. 20 years later and it's just syndication galore and shitty ass Tyler Perry shows.

Had some of wrestlers known what the WCW would ultimately sell for, they probably would have purchased its catalog and trademarks on their own.
>>
>>2903230
K E K
>>
>>2903228

Ted Turner essentially got screwed out of his assets and companies with that merger. He lost control. He lost the Braves. The Hawks. Everything.

Ted Turner was the epitome of eccentric. Everything he touched turned gold and he wasn't afraid to pour money into projects so long as it suited him. His downfall is a sad story. Growing up in Atlanta in the 90s, there was no name more associated with our city. He was hugely popular. Everyone loved Ted.

90s TBS was excellent programming. Dinner and Movie was GOAT.
>>
Because their creative team was a group of their own wrestlers trying to get themselves over?

And because people finally realized that the WWE product was so much better?

I was watching this shit when I was 8 and could notice a stark contrast in the talent level
>>
>the Jews killed WCW
>a guy named "Goldberg" was their biggest star

Really makes you think.
>>
File: hebrew hulk.jpg (38KB, 442x257px) Image search: [Google]
hebrew hulk.jpg
38KB, 442x257px
>>
AOL / Time Warner's standards and practices lifted the axe - effectively tying Eric Bischoff's hands behind his back as WWF gained real momentum, to the point all of his decisions had to run through them first, and TBS CEO Jamie (fuck you, you piece of shit) Kellner swung it - when he cancelled all of WCW from TBS programming in an effort to "homogenize" the station's identity.
These guys have it right:
>>2903115
>>2903249
>>2903261
>>
>>2903681

That's why I always find it silly when Vince claims he won. He literally had zero influence over it.
>>
>>2903729

On par with people saying Reagan defeated the USSR
>>
>>2903063
Turner lost everything lad. Those Jewish bankers really worked for him.
>>
>>2903729
Not really fair. Sure Vince exaggerates when he claims that, but RAW was pulling in 2.5-3x the rating of Nitro at the end. And do you honestly believe Nitro would have been canceled had it kept the 4.5-5 rating it was getting consistently at its peak, vs the low-mid 2s at the end?

And when WCW started getting desperate with the booking and storylines, that was all thanks to Vince whooping them in the ratings.
>>
File: Vince-McMahon-money.0.0.jpg (168KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Vince-McMahon-money.0.0.jpg
168KB, 1600x900px
>>2903041
>send Hall and Nash in to ruin WCW
>buy it dirty cheap
>make money
Based Vince is a real shark.
>>
>>2903624
>Jews wanting to be embarrassed by being involved in sweaty mandramam
>>
>>2904017

Ratings didn't matter. TBS was revamping its image to become more, errr, contemporary. Wrasslin had no place. Top brass at Turner despised it, even when they were making piles of money. This has long been documented.
>>
>>2903249
>Had some of wrestlers known what the WCW would ultimately sell for, they probably would have purchased its catalog and trademarks on their own.
No chance. This goes much deeper than this. This was a corporate takeover colluded by the McMahons. Republicans love capitalism/free market b.s. until someone else starts hurting their business and then they do every crooked move in the back to stop competition or letting the free market dictate things.
>>
Jamie Kellner had a vendetta against pro-wrestling and thought it was only for rednecks.
Him and him alone are the only reason WCW isn't around anymore.
>>
Harvard people with business degrees
>>
>>2904044
>there are people who actually believe this bit of WWE network propaganda
>>
File: 1483440859434.jpg (313KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1483440859434.jpg
313KB, 1200x1600px
>>2903624
Also Trump battled the Jews or something
>>
Sloppy to stupid booking, egos running out of control, wasting money on celebrities, bands and other dumb things, hotshotting angles until nobody cared anymore, depending too long on old starts, not creating new stars, booking everybody into oblivion and most of all: nobody was in charge most of the time and none of them really understood the business.

By the time CEO Jamie Kellner came along, checked the numbers and saw declining tv-ratings and a 65 million dollar loss it was a no-brainer. It was all the reason he need to pull the plug. WCW killed itself.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.