[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious question, if New Japan is so much better than WWE, how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: S_[D}T][F2A]OCZMQ]G}}I7.jpg (103KB, 716x394px) Image search: [Google]
S_[D}T][F2A]OCZMQ]G}}I7.jpg
103KB, 716x394px
Serious question, if New Japan is so much better than WWE, how come less people go to see its humongous, heavily advertised television special events than people who go to see WWE's shitty 2 hour untaped, untelevised house shows?
>>
>>2893851
WWE is more mainstream

/thread
>>
>>2893856
You don't /thread your own post. I'd suggest taking a while to browse 4chan without posting while you're still learning the ropes. You'll get the hang of little things like that :)
>>
wwe has 30 years of tv exposure and like 30 times more money
>>
>>2893864
..Do you understand why this argument isn't a good argument?
>>
>>2893867
you asked why more people go to a shittier product and those are the reasons.

its also why a shitty marvel movie will out sell an great original action movie
>>
>>2893875
new japan is older than WWE
the reason WWE has more money is because more people pay to see it
movies are not a valid comparison. neither is food or music.
>>
>>2893856
/thread
New Japan won't reach WWE levels of mainstream since it's too niche
>>
File: g1 ticket sales.png (771KB, 734x968px) Image search: [Google]
g1 ticket sales.png
771KB, 734x968px
I cannot fathom or believe the absolute stupidity of some utter retards who I have the misfortune of sharing a board with. First off, the only reason the attendance wasn't 10, 15 or even 20,000 was because NJPW grossly underestimated just how large demand would be for the product and regretfully booked too small a venue, the venue holds around 3,000 people with a few hundred of those seats being sacrificed for the stage and to create some more room so people can actually walk through and navigate the venue. Secondly, both shows, the meet-and-greets AND almost ALL of the merchandise sold out IMMEDIATELY as they were put out, the seats were sold out in under 2 hours, 3 months in advance (Look at the date this article was published in comparison to the days the shows actually took place). According to Dave Meltzer, the people in charge of the building and NJPW management took notice and are strongly of the belief that they EASILY could've sold out an arena of 10,000, had they not made the mistake of booking too small a venue. Kenny Omega, during his final speech of the event took exception to the small venue and vouched to sell out a 20,000 seat arena, which the company is confident they'll be able to do next year. All in all, the booking of the arena was the reason the attendance was small, it CERTAINLY wasn't because the demand wasn't there. If this was the case, they wouldn't have sold out ALL the tickets in under 2 hours, 3 months in advance, now would they? What I find the funniest of all is how empty these Raw, Smackdown, WWE international tours and now PPV tapings are while NJPW CANNOT stop selling out arenas, domestic or abroad. The G1 show on Monday was sold out, the G1 special in the USA was sold out and Dominion was sold out while the WWE hasn't LEGITIMATELY sold out in years. As far as NJPW selling out a much larger venue, don't you worry your pretty little Edrone head. They'll be back next year and you better believe they won't make the same mistake twice.
>>
>>2893892
Why not?
>>
What's funny is WWE has all the NJP talent is is tanking because if it.
>>
>>2893851
>humongous, heavily advertised

It wasn't. Not in the least.
>>
>>2893851
>Serious question, if New Japan is so much better than WWE
stopped reading
>>
>>2893923
All of this is accurate^

FOH OP
>>
>>2893860
It is /thread though because there's nothing else to say. Your shitty bait thread failed, now kill yourself
>>
>>2893923
Not to mention those American shows sold out before a single match was even announced.
>>
Serious question: if more people eat a turd, does that make it taste better?
>>
>>2894423

No, but the question to ask is why so many people would eat a turd?
>>
>>2894449
Ask WWE fans, they do it twice a week!
>>
There's genuinely people who haven't watched a full njpw show and hate on it because they can't fathom something being so massively better than the e. Like lmfao I used to think the same thing until I decided to give it a chance. The top guys in nj dwarf the presence and skills of the entirety that e has. I like wwe too but Jesus Christ do yourself a favour if you're watching this and enjoy some wrestle kino.
>>
>>2894449

Vince literally shits in the face of his fans 2-3 times every week yet they keep coming back for more.
>>
>>2894365
You need to go back
>>
>>2894423
>food analogies
>>
>>2893923
NJPW cannot sell out 3,000 seat arena on a weekly basis
>>
>>2894859
After you, fatboy
>>
File: whojapan.png (624KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
whojapan.png
624KB, 680x680px
>>
>>2894862
New Japan doesn't have a "weekly" show like RAM.
>>
>>2896179
>dumb tripfuck

Their schedule is completely different to WWE. Stop viewing everything through McMahon goggles.
>>
>>2893851
all this post proves to me is that before superstar shake up smackdown was gaining on raw(even beating it). i wonder what will happen to smackdown when AJ switches to RAW.
>>
>>2896189
because they cannot sell out 3,000 seat arenas on a weekly basis
>>
>>2894449
does mcdonalds make better burgers than your local burger shop?
>>
>>2894862
They sell more than that when they run the G1 per week. They could easily fill K-Hall if they ran it every week with angles and shit.
>>
>>2896208
fuck off Cuckter
>>
>>2896216
>food analogies
>>
>>2896220
carter was a who japan mark ya fuckin newfag
how about you learn what things are before ya start spoutin em tryna fit in lil guy
>>
>>2893851
Jokes on you, NJPW was never relevant. It's just the same 2 guys shitposting on here and calling everyone E-drones.
>>
>>2893923
NJPWfag SEETHING
>>
>>2896256
>Jokes on
>>
>>2896222
Yeah but you clearly have a mental illness, Carter. Schizophrenia probly. Please seek help.
>>
>>2896221
>does hollywood make better movies than independent movies or foreign movies
>does murican discount clothes brands make better clothes than any foreign clothes markets meant for people who aren't poor mexicans
>does pop music in america in current year sound better than the best indy/foreign music

there, suck a massive dick.
>>
>>2896520
>>2893892
>movies are not a valid comparison. neither is food or music.
>>
Isnt also a factor that there is less people on Japan than in the US??
>>
>>2896573
Don't bring that up, the population of the nation and size of that nation (they are in the same cities more often) also doesn't matter. That is logical and logic can't be applied to shitposting.
>>
File: Vince disbelief.jpg (5KB, 227x171px) Image search: [Google]
Vince disbelief.jpg
5KB, 227x171px
>>2893851
Man, those attendance numbers for RAW and SD are abysmal.
>>
>>2896573
>>2896588
this show was in the US you fucking marks
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.