[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone explain the Revival's appeal/gimmick to me? Neither

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 3

File: Explain?.jpg (188KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Explain?.jpg
188KB, 1920x1080px
Can anyone explain the Revival's appeal/gimmick to me? Neither of them has much charisma and their whole gimmick appear to be: "we are a couple of bad ass bruisers who will beat the shit out of everyone". But the problem is they are both 5'10 and 215 pounds. How could such small guys get by on being bruisers? Take for instance their current feud with the Hardy Boys. Both Hardyz are bigger, more experienced, and have more athletic movesets than the Revival. Why am I supposed to believe the Revival are such a dominating force against possibly the greatest tag team in history?
>>
They have genius level ring IQ
>>
>>2890004
Because it's wrestling
>>
Watch their match against American Alpha at NXT Takeover. Good shit.
>>
Their gimmick is they are going to wrestle the shit out of you.
>>
>>2890032
I mean maybe. But have you looked at them? They look like a couple of trailer park dopes, not genius wrestling technicians.
>>2890043
I mean, I guess that explains their unnaturally high power levels. But why do the crowd and wrestling nerds have orgasms over these guys? They are just a couple of undersized, dopey looking guys without interesting personas.
>>
Its funny, because usually Ill be the first to say "workrate cant get people over" when talking about vanilla midgets joining the main roster. But for these guys, it kind of happened in NXt. two homegrown guys managed to get super duper over by being an old school heel tag team.

vs. Ezno and Cash - Roadblock
vs. AA - Dallas
vs. AA2 - The End
vs. DIY - Brooklyn
vs. DIY2 - Toronto
vs. DIY vs. Aop - Orlando

Seriously, watch any one of these matches
>>
>>2890095
>>2890070
I've watcher a lot of their NXT stuff. No denying they are good in-ring performers. But I can't back them being these destructive bruisers of unlimited wrestling skill. They don't have the Kurt Angle gold medal or anything. I need a reason to believe why two guys without serious amateur backgrounds, great mic skills, or flashy Hardy Boyz/AJ Styles style movesets should be considered a top tier threat.
>>
They just the best match on raw for the past couple of months
>>
>>2890146
Because they stole the souls of Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard. Thats why. They're just hard fuckers.
>>
>>2890004
Give these vanilla midgets roids and they would look the part they are trying to play.
>>
Yeah, I don't get the appeal either. They are good workers, but are just a couple of boring, vanilla midgets. Send them back to the indies for smarks to masturbate over.
On a side note, they beat up the Hardzy last week and just beat them with a dirty pin. WWE booking logic says the Hardyz should bury them at the next PPV. Hopefully they will be off my television soon.
>>
>>2890110
>But have you looked at them? They look like a couple of trailer park dopes, not genius wrestling technicians.
They look exactly how wrestling technicians used to look. And guess what? A lot of them were from the South.
>>
>>2890004
good ol boys who hate niggers
>>
>>2890322
I agree. I would believe this role if they were the size of Brock Lesnar or Batista. But two 5'10, 215 pound guys are not believable bruisers.
>>
>>2890373
I get your point. But it isn't 1990. I though people in modern wrestling stopped believing the charisma lacking, vanilla midget was who they should cheer.
I may be being shallow here, but modern wrestling is just a soap opera spectacle. I want ridiculous gimmicks and flashy ring work to be on my TV. Save the vanilla hard workers to be lusted over by smarks in the indies.
>>
I think this thread is the last straw for me. Unironically seething right now
>>
>>2890419
Their gimmick is they are a throwback to the days when Southern-style tag matches were king. And the one with the beard DOES have charisma. Just because he isn't a ridiculous cartoon character with shitty one-liners doesn't mean he lacks charisma.

They win matches because of their teamwork and willingness to cheat as proper heel tag teams should wrestle. I suggest you actually watch their best rated NXT matches and see for yourself why people like them so much. I don't even care for tag wrestling much and I care even less for NXT/WWE, but they actually made me a fan which I never thought was possible for homegrown WWE talent.
>>
>>2890457
Why, because people don't want to watch vanilla midgets? We all get they are talented workers, but they are boring as shit and not believable as dominating bruisers. Go find some other forum to circle jerk with other indie smarks. Everyone knows /asp/ is for shitting on the WWE.
>>
Their gimmick is being a modern day version of the Brainbusters
>>
>>2890480
*And the one with the Lemmy beard
>>
>>2890480
sheamus and cesaro are heels, gallows and anderson are another heel tag team, these dudes are heels too...too many heel tag teams on raw.
>>
>>2890480
>the one with the beard DOES have charisma
Lol, you don't even know his name. Shows how much charisma he has. On a more serious note, I simply don't care about Southern style throwback wrestling. Leave that for the indies and the hipster smarks. I want cartoon characters and high flying in my action theater soap opera.
>>
>>2890492
Yeah I think this is the final stage of my transformation to smarkhood. I'm guessing they congregate to Reddit so I'll banish myself there
>>
>>2890004
it's just really, really cringey how they refer to themselves as "top guys". even if they were in fact top guys, it would still be cringey
>>
>>2890535
>I want cartoon characters and high flying in my action theater soap opera.
Then go watch anime.
>>
>>2890535
So you want thunder liger?
>>
God these guys are vanilla midgets. I honestly don't know which one is Dawson and which one is Dash. They are that boring and characterless. I can even tell Jimmy and Jey Uso apart, despite them being twins.
>>
>>2890562
What charisma should they get? They're dastardly southern heels, what else is there to be added?
>>
>>2890548
>>2890549
>All I want is hard working vanilla midgets
Then go watch the indies.
Anime is great, WWE should just commit to being cartoon wrestling.
>>
>>2890562
I'm now convinced both of them fucked your mom. No other explanation as to why they worked you into this much of a shoot.
>>
>>2890594
Maybe an actually interesting gimmick, mic work, or a winning style believable to their small sizes? I don't care about dastardly southern heels. It's not the 1980s anymore. That's a boring gimmick that should be left in the indies.
>>
>>2890594
Like should they get backstories or catchphrases? They have as much charisma as roman reigns, and nobody would be calling them vanilla midgets if they were a couple inches taller. All you people care about is height, and you assume everybody else does too
>>
>>2890607
>WWE should just commit to being cartoon wrestling.
You say this like they haven't always been cartoon wrestling.
>>
>>2890614
I'm still here mainly because fighting you people is fun while I catch up on the Flash. But I truly believe they are boring, vanilla midgets who should be in the indies.
>>
>>2890634
They have been for years, that's why it's entertaining. But they should fully commit to it and stop with pushing these vanilla midgets.
>>
>>2890624
They just cut a bunch of promos and they're new so give it a fucking month until their angle develops Jesus Christ. Also how else would they win other than what they're doing right now? They're winning dirty by wrestling intelligently and cheating, and you're making it seem like they're dominating people with their strength.
>>
>>2890121
Work rate got Angle over until he found a character
>>
Based Revival working the obese marks into a shoot as proper heels should.
>>
>>2890652
If you like that style of wrestling you should check out Chikara.
>>
I don't understand you guys. The revival are too small thus they're Indy midget smark favorites. Strowman is also somehow a smark favorite. Reigns is not even though he has less charisma than strowman and the revival. Please explain this to me
>>
>>2890004
They're about 5 inches too short for their current gimmick.

I'm pretty sure they're the shortest tag team on RAW (if not in the whole company), yet they're supposedly the toughest. Yeah right.
>>
>>2890771
They're winning dirty for fucks sake. They are not trying to copy arn Anderson and Harley race
>>
Just watch one of their nxt tag matches.

These guys actually use teamwork properly rather than lets take turns beating up the face until he gets away and tags his partner
>>
>>2890781
Watch the match they just had on raw. It was the best non ppv match I've seen in a long time
>>
>>2890771
What gimmick? Being smart? Finding how to defeat stronger/better people by being cheating assholes?
They are the exact height they need to be.
>>
>>2890799
The "le old-fashioned, just punching brawlers" gimmick.
>>
>>2890765
Your assessment of Revival is accurate.
Strowman is great, because he is the perfect monster in terms of moves, look, and mic work.
Reigns is the big sweaty man who Vince loves to push. I honestly didn't know the smarks were supposed to love him.
>>
>>2890780
>>2890799
No. They need to be bigger to be the dominating bruisers. Hell, even on Raw they have to compete with the Club, who are far more believable as the dastardly brawlers.
>>
>>2890824
The club aren't as believable in that role though because they can't work matches as well as the revival can. The Revival can wrestle the way the gimmick sells them, the club can not and the club isn't getting over without Karl going solo and fucking shit up or Gallows and Karl being rowdy fuckwits i.e. what got them over in the first place. The Revival are already over.

The Revival are tough little solid bastards that'll wrestle you to the floor and work you down and if they can't do that they'll cheat as hard as they can which they can do insanely well.
>>
>>2890824
They are not dominant brawlers. Have you watched them? They start the match. They find a weakness in opponents defense or offense and exploit it.

And in doing so they are getting their ass beat. Because they understand what their role is. They are heels, they are not supposed to be cool, they are supposed to be beaten by the babyfaces in the end and help them get over.

They never were dominant. They were just smarter than anyone else. They use anything they can find to win.
>>
>>2890004
They are the best tag team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_4vtQEA9Ls
>>
>>2890004
>Hardy Boyz
>GOAT Tag Team
>>
>>2890350
They'd never even met before NXT.
>>
>>2890624
>breaking down your opponents and nearly crippling them isn't "believable"
>>
F. The Revival
>>
Based Revival working newfags into a shoot
>>
>>2890004
They're great, but out of place on Raw where the tag titles gets lita'd i.e. Passed around the entire locker room
>>
>>2890004
the gimmick is more that they are quick and smart and ruthless, rather than powerful.
>>
>>2890607
>Anime is great, WWE should just commit to being cartoon wrestling.
WWE is already a joke.
>>
No reactions
Just crickets
>>
>>2892571
>got booed for jumping and beating The Hardyz
>>
They appeal to the subset of smarks that buy into the "wrasslin' was better in the old days when fat, hairy guys with no charisma exchanged holds" maymay. The same ones who treat everything Jim Cornette says as gospel.
>>
File: tumblr_nyswez9nxT1te8c1go2_1280.jpg (212KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyswez9nxT1te8c1go2_1280.jpg
212KB, 1280x720px
>>2893098

They had some of the best WWE matches in recent years, that is their appeal.
>>
>OP clearly never watched a revival match
>Probably thinks the Young Cucks are too sweet doing their 90s memes and 20 superkicks.
>>
The Revival is not about being charismatic, flashy or over the top moves. Their stick is to cut off the cool moves of the baby faces, so the audience will crave for the comeback.

Dash and Dawson are so creative at cutting off the ring, interrupting tags and keeping the heat on the faces that they've become very popular. It's all about their inring strategy, which people find very refreshing. But yes, their promo's need work.
>>
>>2893174
See
>>2893098
>>
>>2890146
No one gives a shit if you don't buy them especially when everyone else does
>>
>>2893360
I don't think everyone else does. The crowd was crickets during their entrance and victory celebration. They aren't getting heat, because nobody cares about them. Only hardcore NXT fans and Internet smarks actually like the Revival.
>>
>>2893579
Bingo

They're supposed to be heels but the only reaction they get on the main roster happens to be weak cheers from smarks who wish they could be two 5'9 fat boy badasses.

They'll be released by this time next year.
>>
>>2890110
Being trailer park dopes is their gimmick though
>>
>>2893840
>trailer park dopes with no charisma or promo skills
Wow, what great characters.
>>
>>2893174
Young Bucks hate the revival because they prove that you don't have to be a spot monkey to get over and put on great matches
>>
Their gimmick is to be based antismarks who work those vanilla midgets indy darlings and their flippy shota - numale weeaboos nerd memes
That's why the young cucks hate them
>>
>>2894986
>Young Bucks hate the revival
Fucking worked
>>
File: Briscoe.jpg (65KB, 632x348px) Image search: [Google]
Briscoe.jpg
65KB, 632x348px
I don't get why e-dribes hyped these guys up when the Briscoes are a hundred times more entertaining
>>
Revival vs Hardyz should have been a Summerslam match, with the Revival doing their mechanics gimmick on Matt afterwards just like they did to Kofi. Let that be what breaks Matt.
>>
>>2895207
The Hardys would have to secure rights to the Broken Universe for that to happen. Unfortunately, Anthem is being top tier Jews and forcing a protracted legal fight for no goddamn reason.
Also, why would a Hardy Boyz vs Revival match ever happen at Summerslam? That's a cross-brand PPV with 10-12 matches. No way one of the 6 Raw matches would be a non-title tag match between the Hardyz and a tag team only smarks care about.
>>
>>2890607
WWE already is a pg cartoon. Its shit and boring.
>>
>>2895246
I don't know, it's looking like Finn vs Elias might happen there and my match makes more sense than that.
>>
T O P G U Y Z
O
P
>>
>>2895265
Just like your stupid Hardyz vs Revival match, Finn vs Elias is not happening. Did you not watch Raw? Bray Wyatt just started a feud with Finn, and Elias has a no DQ match against Finn next week. Clearly Wyatt will interfere next week and cause Finn to lose. That will end the Drifter feud and guarantee a Wyatt vs Balor match at Summerslam. Elias is not getting a match at Summerslam.
>>
>>2895302
Wyatt vs Bálor is just as pre-show worthy as Samson vs Bálor. I'll eat my hat if Samson doesn't have a stronger showing at Summerslam than Sami Zayn does.
>>
>>2895313
I agree both matches suck, but who will Samson face at Summerslam? Sami Zayn is at least being built for a cringeworthy match against Mike Kanellis. Samson currently has no opponent being setup for Summerslam.
>>
>>2895325
I think they will probably do an IC ladder match like what they started doing at Wrestlemania but decided against doing this year. If I'm right then Samson will almost definitely be the powerhouse in that match.
>>
>>2894061
>no promo skills

Dawson is a better promo than half of RAW's main event scene.

>>2893579
>only smart fans like these heels

Um, duh?

>>2895202
Revival are way better than Briscoes.
>>
>>2896094
>only smart fans like these boring ass, southern throwback heels
Has wrestling come full circle? Now the elitist smarks are the only ones who like the white trash southern style wrestling.
>>
>>2896726
If you think Revival are boring you're not a wrestling fan.
>>
>>2897066
>If you don't like a specific team, you are a fake fan
God, why do smarks make such absolutist statements? You are allowed to not like specific wrestlers and still be a wrestling fan. Differing opinions are okay, you fucking liberal.
>>
>>2897066
REEEEEEEEEE!!!!
How dare you not like my precious NXT babies! Go back and watch the Young Cucks if you want flippys and actual excitement!
>>
>>2897184
>boring
>not liking someone
>same thing
>>
>>2897207
>>2897184
Awful. Both of you kids take some laps.
>>
>>2897221
They pretty are when it comes to entertainment, which is what wrestling is. I don't think many people hate the Revival on a personal level. Plenty of people, however, do dislike seeing them on their TVs, because the Revival is boring as shit to watch.
>>
>>2897248
>makes absolutist statement about who is or isn't a true wrestling fan
>gets called on his shit
>gets butthurt and calls people children
Classic, arrogant smark right here.
>>
>>2897276
*pretty much are
>>
>>2897286
>wuh smarks are mean to me

If you think Revival are boring you don't know shit about wrestling.

>>2897276
>boring to watch
>best tag team in the world
>>
>>2897298
We get it, you have a hard on for the Revival. People aren't fake wrestling fans if they disagree with your love. That is the absolutist thinking of modern leftists. Also, "wuh" isn't a word.
>>
>>2897328
>/pol/ outta nowhere

kek you're really determined to show your stupidity huh?
>>
>>2897337
No. You are just acting like a leftist in terms of your faulty, absolutist logic.
>>
>>2890530
Too many heels in general, I think the last face turn I could remember was the New Day. I guess Gay Cops but I can't remember anyone actually DOING something to turn face. Most face turns now are just "take them off TV for a while, let them come back and people will forget"
>>
>>2897337
Eh, this board could learn a few things from /pol/. The first thing would be pressuring people to make logical arguments. The other would be actually attracting an audience, so threads don't survive for a week or more.
>>
>>2897348
>l-l-leftist

yawn
>>
>>2897383
>still just dismissing people instead of making an actual argument to justify his viewpoint

yawn
>>
>>2897391
>parroting

And here I thought shrieking "LIBERAL! LEFTIST!" was the most you could embarrass yourself today.

>too pleb for tag wrestling
>>
>>2897405
>still not making an actual argument
>still using words such as "pleb" un-ironically
This man is the embodiment of smarks ladies and gentlemen. You must align completely with his "enlightened" wrestling viewpoints, or else you are not worthy of being called a wrestling fan.
>>
>>2890764
>Wants wrestling without vanilla midgets
>Mentions the wrestling promotion filled to the brim with vanilla midgets
>>
>>2890004

Their look is vanilla and they're boring. No dimes drawn.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.