[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else unable to enjoy WWE after getting into UFC/MMA?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

File: 1496935811838.jpg (5KB, 236x214px) Image search: [Google]
1496935811838.jpg
5KB, 236x214px
I used to be able to 'suspend my disbelief', but after watching legitimate fighting for the last couple of months, I can't enjoy any match because it's just so clearly fake. Wat do? Should I just stop watching?
>>
Try watching better wrestling from different companies, WWE style is soft and fake looking compared to some of the other stuff out there.
>>
>>2888286
Why not just watch real fighting then?
>>
My man you need to watch UWFi and Pancrase.
And Shibata matches. Those are NOT fake.
Ask Shibata's doctors if you don't believe me.
>>
>>2888286
Can you recommend a company? NJPW?
>>
>>2888317
I'll look at it thanks
>>
>>2888262
It was literally impossible to go back after discovering NJPW.

>inb4 e drone shit
>>
>>2888325
NJPW is definitely the way for you to go if you want more realistic sports style presentation of your pro wrestling.
They have just kicked off their annual Summer tournament the G1, to determine a #1 contender to their World Title for the Main Event of their equivalent show to Wrestlenania, the traditional annual Jan 4 Tokyo Dome show called WrestleKingdom. Now is a good time to jump in as the direction of the company for the next 6 months is currently being decided by this tournament.
>>
>>2888262
UFC is faker so no
>>
>>2888262
But UFC/MMA is just uninteresting.
The fights either end with a simple hit to the head or after 20 minutes of dry humping.
>>
>>2888409
Awesome, I may as well try NJPW out then. It honestly can't be any worse than WWE atm
>>
>>2888439
I'd recommend watching one single UFC ppv my friend
>>
>>2888488
almost everything i've seen from the ufc was about as fun to watch as the pacquiao/mayweather fight
>>
>>2888503
I'd recommend watching one single UFC ppv my friend
>>
>>2888262
Do you still watch movies? You know those are fake too, right?
>>
No because they're two different things, one a soap opera and the other a sport.
>>
>>2888262
Dragon Gate usually has fast-paced, hard-hitting matches where it's hard to see how fake it all is without replaying stuff.
>>
>>2888556
yes, but those aren't so obviously fake. when someone is shot in a movie, it looks real enough for me to suspend my disbelief. WWE looks like trash to me now
>>2888579
thank you
>>
File: WWEhq.jpg (57KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
WWEhq.jpg
57KB, 620x387px
>>2888625
>>
>>2888262
It happened to me a while back but eventually you figure out UFC is still small-time for all the money it makes, and it's very boring.
>>
File: ric flair ko.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ric flair ko.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>2888262
I eventually stopped caring about the wrestling matches looking fake or real. Nowadays RAM, SD!L, and NJPW on AXS are mostly background noise while I do some other work but I do watch the segments and promos to follow the story lines (and of course njpw has ass tier promos so i'm gonna drop that)

UFC/MMA promote the shit out of fights but no matter how """""real'''' they try to make the beef look between fighters, like you see in the Cormier/Jones commercials, none of that shit transfers to the cage. both of the guys go into the cage and try to execute their well thought out game plan and most of the time the fight ends up being a dud. And then the fighters disappear off the face of the earth until their next fight 3-5 months later. But I still love combat sports and watch a shit load of MMA, Kickboxing and Muay Thai...but I fucking hate boxing doe.

TLDR; it's all a work.
>>
>>2888317
yeah uwf is about as close as you can get without going into shoot feds that mixed in worked matches
>>
>>2888262

UFC is just as rigged. The WWE doesn't pretend it's fake though.
>>
File: misu.jpg (13KB, 614x348px) Image search: [Google]
misu.jpg
13KB, 614x348px
Also OP needs to check out the realest OG motherfucker Minoru Suzuki.
>>
>>2888720
>UFC is small-time
>WWE can't even sell out a Smackdown
>>
>>2891623
Suzuki vs AJ Styles
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x54ybdi
Kenny has to try and outdo this match on Thursday
>>
>>2888720
The UFC sale last year was the largest ever sports acquisition, if the UFC is what you'd consider "small-time" then what does that make WWE?
>>
>>2889438
this

At the end of the day who cares what company you watch because it is all fake. It just depends if you want a more soap opera driven style, lucha driven style, or hard hitting style. Plus you have to suspend your disbelief with ALL pro wrestling since Irish whips exist.
>>
>>2891973

>largest ever

Yeah, because legitimate and big time leagues/entities never go on sale. It was overvalued as fuck anyways.

MMA is so oversaturated now. A large majority of the fighters are timid as shit because Dana cuts over a single bad performance or consecutive losses. Used to be fighters didn't give a shit about that and fought to win. They had actual jobs besides fighter and they could always go fight for Pride or Pancreas or even KOTC. Now they commit full time and once they get to the UFC they don't want to lose that slot. Even if that means grounding to a decision. Fuck it. It's a win.
>>
File: 1928374932.jpg (120KB, 480x735px) Image search: [Google]
1928374932.jpg
120KB, 480x735px
>>2888317
>>2889613
this.

that worked shoot shit is some of the best shit ever. no movez (except maybe 1 big move for a finish) it's just real wrestling and striking but it's a work. i can't believe there isn't a fed that is based around this style today. the next best thing is your standard puro e.g. NJPW.

basically OP just needs to watch Japanese wrestling. they're the only ones that do it right.
>>
>>2891979
>who cares what company you watch because it is all fake

Who cares what movie you watch because it is all fa--
>>
>>2891985
>It was overvalued as fuck anyways.

As opposed to WWE and it receiving lowball TV contracts that it has to accept?
>>
File: mahnigga.jpg (86KB, 595x599px) Image search: [Google]
mahnigga.jpg
86KB, 595x599px
>>2891995
>Kawada kicking Vader's head like a football
dis nigga know
>>
File: Pride_Logo.jpg (9KB, 325x131px) Image search: [Google]
Pride_Logo.jpg
9KB, 325x131px
>>2891995
>>2888317
>>2889613
you guys can thank PRIDE for killing worked shoot wrestling.
>>
>>2891985
>It was overvalued as fuck anyways

Does that mean it's small time tho? No it doesn't.
>>
>>2888313
because fiction, trying to tell a story and sell it in the ring, can be more entertaining than reality. UFC/MMA can try to hype shit all they like but fights are more likely than not duds. This isn't always the case but pretty much true with modern MMA
>>
>>2888262
You should watch czw, way more violent than ufc
>>
>>2892006
notice how I also included styles of wrestling because the same thing with movies can be applied since genre matters as well.
>>
>>2888262
Sure OP, I did that when I was an edgy teenage mark too. When UFC 1 came out on VHS, I decied wrestling was dumb. When I got older I appreciated both for what they are: UFC because real fights, WWE for performance art. You'll learn as you get older that you don't have to hate one thing just because you found some cool new thing.
>>
you were enjoying it before?

kek
>>
>>2892145
this

/thread
>>
File: 1499898124758.png (90KB, 221x190px) Image search: [Google]
1499898124758.png
90KB, 221x190px
>>2888325
>Not even 4 posts in before he reveals himself as a falseflagging faggot.
>>
>>2892013

It's small time compared to boxing. Nearly 25 years in business and they still haven't hit 2 million buys on a single card.
>>
>>2888262
On the contrary, I can't enjoy MMA after getting into pro wrestling. It's just much more enjoyable to watch an exciting 20 + minutes long scripted fight than two generic meatheads humping each other for two minutes.
>>
>>2892449
>compared to boxing

Compared to Mayweather you mean, boxing is fucking dead there's not one legitimate star in the sport anymore beyond him, just bums. Nobody gives a fuck about boxing except the hardcores now because people know its rigged as shit, kind of like WWE if you think about it. The fact that they even had to get a UFC fighter like Conor says it all really.
>>
>>2888621
>can't recognize fake ness in movies done through all the edits in them
>>
>>2892449
Boxing only has three cards with above 2 mil, all three with Mayweather on them. The non-Maywesther cards are far worse than average UFC PPV these days.
>>
>>2892563

Carnelo-Chavez just did a million plus buys. The last time a UFC card that didn't have McGregor or Rousey on it did a million buys? 2013, Wiedman-Silvia. Before that? 2010 Lesnar-Carwin.

Unless they've got Conor or Ronda on them, UFC PPVs do ~300k buys. UFC 206 only did 150k.
>>
>>2892606

No one much gives a shit about the UFC unless Conor or Ronda are fighting. Ronda was a paper champion and once Conor gets his shit wrecked he won't be as hot a commodity.

http://mmapayout.com/blue-book/pay-per-view/
>>
File: conor.png (360KB, 808x455px) Image search: [Google]
conor.png
360KB, 808x455px
>>2892627
>and once Conor gets his shit wrecked he won't be as hot a commodity.
lol how many years have people been saying this now?
>>
>>2892644

They dropped a good bit after this rematch with Diaz.
>>
>>2892644
Based diaz destroyed that potato
>>
>>2892612
>>2892627
UFC has had four PPVs with more than a million buys since UFC 200. Boxing in that same time has had one. Also 200 had neither McGregor nor Rousey, had its fights messed up, and was main evented by women. Other UFC buyrates recently come to about 200k-300k, meanwhile most recent boxing ones are 150-170k with a couple that hit 300k, and even a pitiful 55k. This is also to keep in mind that UFC is still much newer with only a fraction of money/power behind it.
>>
>>2892667

Like I said. The only time they outperform boxing is when Ronda or Conor fight.

Rondas done. She may never come back but if she does she's no longer invincible or a legitimate fighter.

That leaves Conor.
>>
>>2892667

Oh. And Canello and Manny and a few other guys regularly outperform non-Conor/Ronda PPVs. Mayweather is the biggest draw but not the only big draw they have.
>>
>>2892662
Then why isn't Diaz getting the Floyd fight?
>>
>>2892815
Because Dana does whatever that potato wants. After Diaz beat Conor, Conor instantly wanted a rematch and Dana rolled over for him, even when he cried about not wanting to do press and threatened to retire till he got his way. After that match Diaz wanted a rematch and Dana said no matter what there will not be.
>>
>>2892833
sounds like ur just jelly of a young balla running this shit and making Dana White his hoe for once.
Stay worked mark.
>>
>>2888262
You sound like an autist. Wrestling isn't supposed to mimic real fighting, that's weeb shit. Wrestling is about colorful characters and gimmicks.
>>
>>2892884
kek so tell me how long have you been on the Conor bandwagon?
>>
>>2888262
Maybe you overcome your autism
>>
>>2892833
this is exactly the kind of bending over for your top star that Vince wants to avoid. hence making 'da brand' the star and not the stars. even though its a star-driven business.
>>
>>2892887
That sounds very cringey in 2017. I just can't watch this shit anymore, its for fucking kids.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.