[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>in-ring work matte...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

>in-ring work matte...
>>
Joining the money team was the best desicion of my life. I am also a member of the big baller brand.
>>
File: my-nigga-denzel.jpg (13KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
my-nigga-denzel.jpg
13KB, 400x400px
>>2874037
>>
>>2874023
They're showmen and also two of the top athletes in their sports. What exactly is your point?
>>
>>2874046
>They're showmen
That's what wrestling was before all you neckbeard weebs ruined it with your indy-midgets, fucking geek
>>
this shit is the greatest work of all time.
>>
>>2874053
It's only you modern, retarded, 12 year old E-Drone who act like in-ring work has nothing to do with a wrestler's drawing ability. I guess when Ric Flair and Dusty Rhodes were regularly doing 1 hour broadways, they were just being showmen for an hour and not doing any wrestling.

Do all the stupid fucking promos and shitty talk show segments you want, no one will buy tickets if the in-ring product sucks
>>
>>2874087
Ric Flair had the same shitty match every night. He wasn't a good worker. As for Dusty, he was just the shits.
>>
>>2874087
>he thinks Dusty was a good in-ring worker
I can already tell you are a clueless weeb who is new to wrestling.
>>
While ring work is important for maintaining fans interest in matches and keeping ratings high, it is usually meaningless if not backed up by a character. If your character is that you can fight, that's a different story, but it takes a lot to pull off. With this in mind, I still don't understand why Sami zayn, balor, and Roman are over when they have zero character development (except Roman a bit as of this wrestlemania). Is it that they're attractive or "cool" so that women and children like them? Do they have an "aura" as Reddit likes to put it?
>>
>>2874179
>Roman
>over
18+
>>
>>2874183
He does move a lot of merch
>>
>>2874087
Do you honestly think normies care about in ring work and analyze every move? People won't watch combat sports and definitely not wrestling (because everyone knows it's fake) for the in ring work, they care about McGregor v Mayweather because there is drama between them. They care about stuff like connor having a suit that says fuck you on it, because that makes him larger than life and seem like a big deal. Now when it comes to wrestling, normies care even less about how the fighting works because it's fucking fake. Wrestling didn't become a billion dollar industry in the 90s because the roster put on technically amazing matches. People watched to see the nWo take over a company, or to see a badass redneck beat up his boss.
>>
>>2874183
>he didn't hear the massive cheers roman got on monday
Protip: his ring work didn't change, people are more interested because he attempted murder instead of blabbering cringe like suffering succotash.
>>
>>2874203
>>2874190
18+
>>
>>2874203
I meant over as a heel, not as a face. Only children and anti-smarks unironically want Roman as a face. The former because they're kids, and the latter because they want to be contrarian because they don't want to be associated with autistic smarks, and end up with a different, and at times equally horrible strain of autism
>>
>>2874197
Normies care about watching interesting fights/matches. You think people will buy a PPV to watch them talk at each other? Everything else you talked about is build up to the fight/match.
>>
>>2874190
Anyone plastered everywhere as much as he is would move merch. If they pushed bo Dallas to the moon and put his face everywhere, he would move merch. He still wouldn't be over though
>>
>>2874215
A 3-star match with two stars is far better than a 5-star match with two geeks.
>>
>>2874215
Nobody talks on ppvs not even in WWE. What I mean is build up is important so people buy the show, once they're watching they really just care who wins. The point is they don't care how good the fighting looks, they are about buildup.
>>
>>2874215
>normies
Oh look at him, this guy is a member of an elite community of 4chan. Wow he is so special. And fuck those normans amrite xD?

BOI you dumb as fuck. It's 2017 and you faggots still don't get it. People don't give a shit about two dudes playfight for an hour. People want to see lots of trash talk and lots of blood in the ring. Look at attitude era and SCSA and The Rock. Hell, look at McGregor vs Diaz, same thing
>>
Wow it's almost like people can enjoy different things. Who gives a fuck if in ring work doesn't draw the normies? If you like it, you like it. Demetrious Johnson is my favourite UFC fighter because he's arguably the best in the world but he doesn't draw cos he's boring as fuck. Doesn't bother me tho because he's fun to watch in the ring.
>>
File: DEhbGfgXUAA1sdP.jpg (170KB, 981x1199px) Image search: [Google]
DEhbGfgXUAA1sdP.jpg
170KB, 981x1199px
>>2874430
Why are you posting in this thread? Who gives a fuck what you like. We're talking about what draws big money in fighting business and you came here talking about some fucking bullshit. It's obvious that people can enjoy different things. 10 people can enjoy Minnie Mouse fighting another midget and 3,000,000 people can enjoy McGregor vs Mayweather. And it's pretty obvious which fight will make more money and that what this thread was about.

You're happy now that I gave you a (you) you fucking namefag? Ok, now fuck off
>>
>>2874506
>>2874514
>>2874574
Thanks for the (you)
>>
McGretty is getting obliterated
>>
But both of them are technical wizards and workhorses.
>>
>>2874430
Because wrestling is better with HOT crowds full of marks who don't post on anime forums about booking.
>>
Nobody pays to see non-wrestling.

Wrestling-light broadcasts and non-wrestling segments have traditionally* done abysmally business-wise.

>>2874053
yeah that signing of Brian Kendrick is sure the reason why the WWE started writing scripts and micro-managing every wrestler back in the early 2000s

>>2874179
>Roman is over
>Sami doesn't have character or development

>>2874190
Post one figure supporting that.

>>2874824
>the hottest crowds WWE has are smark crowds
>>
>>2875624
No shit, they ran off everyone else and cater to these idiots.
>>
>>2875624

They said hot mark crowds are better, not which is more prevalent.
>>
>>2875664
>WWE World Champion: Jinder Mahal
>>
but they cant tell a good story in ring
>>
>>2875736
>muh psychology
>>
This will be the biggest PPV ever. Both guys are making $50,000,000 minimum.
>>
>>2874087

If ring product matters so much why the hell cant the indie guys WWE has draw.shit?
>>
>>2875924
>can't draw
>WWE has them

Really makes you think...
>>
>>2875924
Because they are in WWE where guys are actively held and prevented from getting over.
If every guy in WWE was given creative freedom to get themselves over, most of them actually would be.
>>
>>2875750
Lol 50 mil

Floyd is making 200 at the absolute minimum and Conor gets 100.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.