[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Battleground

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 8

File: maxresdefault.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
via Big Dick Meltz

>ticket sales for Battleground are apparently not that good in Philadelphia, they're discounting tickets - $20 off most tickets

Looks like the poo experiment didn't pan out, what now?
>>
>>2873665
Jinder Memehal isn't a draw, what a surprise
>>
How many weeks in a row has this dude come out to complete silence on SmackDown?

Just have Corbin smash his face in with the briefcase on Sunday, don't even wait for Cena to beat him at SummerSlam or whatever.
>>
Wow. You mean putting the world title on a smelly, dirty foreign jobber with no talent doesn't make people buy him as a main eventer?
>>
>>2873665
Based Jinder working people so hard that they stop buying tickets.

Seriously, what was Vince thinking? Everyone know The Big Dog is more popular in India.
>>
Wait, you mean taking a career jobber and having him become champ in the space of one month without any build up or meaningful story behind it wasn't a good idea at all? And having him feud with Blandy fucking Boreton too?
>>
>>2873692
Came here to say this. You can't take a career jobber and turn him into the world champion in a month and expect people to flock to your product.

I understand what they were trying to do with expanding into India, but they should have at least built up Jinder for a few more months and then have him win the title. Heath Slater had a similar career path and look how over he got when he won the tag titles with Rhyno because of how they built the storyline over a few months.

I mean, Heath is just there now, but initially the fans loved that shit
>>
>>2873665

RAW with stable ratings and SD goes down the drain since Jinder is champion, great job.
>>
Battleground is a literal who tier ppv, of course nobody wants to watch it
>>
>>2084333
Battleground has been the WOAT ppv every year since it became a thing. Of course no one wants to buy tickets to it.
>>
>>2873707
>>2873713
Battleground was the best PPV last year.
>>
Unless Philly is in indian now how does this prove shit.
>>
>>2873692
This

There are people who legitimately thought this was a good idea and were excited for this run because it was something "different"

I'm glad you fucktards finally learned that different =/= better
>>
I love this news! No other choice but to put the strap on Based Corbin next Sunday!

Have Cumella cash in on that shitstain Naomi too! Fix the entire brand in one fell swoop!
>>
>>2873665
Vince is looking for indian subs, not American ticket sales bud
>>
Why is everyone blaming Jinder? He had actual major heat until they decided to have him feud for months with a 37 year old babyface Boreton chasing his 14th title reign. They should have had Orton lose his rematch the first Smackdown after he lost it and then have Jinder move on to a program with Sami or AJ.
>>
>>2873707
That's why MITB struggled with tickets too? And whatever PPV came before that as well?
>>
>>2873742
And Jinder isn't selling any merchandise, while Balor is doing incredible. I really don't get WWE marketing, it's like they're oblivious to a heterogeneous market
>>
Orton, like Sid Vicious before him, is a proven anti-draw. He has a history of being ratings and ticket cancer, and was basically the reason the first brand split was put out of its misery.

Plus, Battleground is notoriously one of, if not the worst PPV of the year. Everyone knows that.
>>
>>2873767
WWE is trying to expand the network into international markets because subscriptions in English speaking countries have plateaued and they're nowhere at the desired amount. So they're building international stars to appeal to them, they'll do the same with Nakameme this year. That's why in NXT they're going all around the world and hiring people from China or wherever to crack into potentially big markets.

The problem is with this type of diverse demographic pandering is that you'll alienate the core subscribers from their favourites because there can only be so many wrestlers featured on the show when you prioritise your international markets. Since WWE has been Americentric for decades it'll just confuse people or bore them why untalented jobbers like Jinder are getting pushed over say a Ziggler, Owens etc.
>>
Looks like agay styles isn't a draw
>>
>>2873665
>Take a literal no name jobber and suddenly throw the WWE title on him with no build up or story whatsoever
>Stick him in a dragged out feud with Randy "I can't be bothered to give a fuck" Orton
>Audience doesn't care

Really gets the noggin joggin'
>>
>>2873665
I really want to go, but I don't have a ride and an uber is $60
>>
>>2873779
I'd agree that's it's been one of the worst. But THE worst of the year has been either HIAC or Survivor Series, in recent years at least.
>>
>>2873792
Yeah but Japan and India are 20+ year old markets for WWE and my point is that Balor is doing extremely well in India, they should just let it be what it is. It's unimaginative and lazy marketing. See Raw Tour of India 2002, kids are more enthusiastic about international stars. TNA Ring ka King was a failure because nobody wanted to see domestic talent.
>>
>>2873742
why would Indians sub to see Jinder when they get all the PPVs for free?
>>
>>2873665
I'm deabting whether I should go. Haven't watched anything besides Summerslam and WM since 2015, but the chance to see the disaster known as the POOnjabi Prison is hard to pass up. Maybe the ticket prices will fall a little lower in the next week.
>>
>>2873851
I'm not disagreeing with you I'm just giving you their mindset when it comes to pushes nowadays. Surprise, WWE is incredibly dense and inadequate when it comes to marketing their talent and the network. The thing about the network is that it's an incredible product and a huge bargain but they have no idea how to advertise its features. The ads that they make are so bland and to a non-wrestling fan pretty much meaningless. Whenever I've had normies over they're always pretty impressed that you get all of these ppvs for next to nothing and watch all this classic shit.
>>
>>2873666
I don't know Satan, why wouldn't people want to see a roided out champ who's only mic skills consist of FUCK WHITE PEOPLE?
>>
>>2873755
Because he's not good. He doesn't wrestle well, he doesn't move with any presence or intimidation, he has one stupid expression and his delivery sounds like he swallowed a frog.

He's just not good. He was at the bottom of the card before for a reason.
>>
>>2873755
If Jinder had shocked everyone and been a much better wrestler and promo than he was before, then sure, blame it on Boreton and the storyline.

Unfortunately, and I say unfortunately because I wanted to give this a chance, Jinder is just average in the ring and he literally cuts the same promo every time he has a mic.

Also doesn't help that every single one of his important matches so far have ended the same way. The Bollywood guys get involved and Jinder catches his opponent off guard to win.

Everything about Jinder currently is already stale.
>>
>>2873841
Nigga, why bother going to this lame PPV when you can save up and go to the Rumble in January?
>>
>>2873665
Lets face it: Jinder is a boring heel that nobody outside of India cares about and Orton is even worse as a babyface. Does anyone really want Orton to win as you theoretically are supposed to with the face contender and ex-champion?
>>
>>2873792
>ziggler
>owens
>not jobbers
LOL
>>
>>2873949
I actually want to see the Punjabi Prison desu
And I'm hype for AJ vs KO
>>
>>2873923
I will say that the dude has gotten absolute no help. His matches have been booked to all have the same shitty finish, his finisher sucks (a cobra clutch slam? really?), he hasn't been given any interesting material.

It's almost like they're trying to ~get heat~ on the guy by intentionally making him look as incompetent as possible.
>>
File: doors of japan.gif (3MB, 480x366px) Image search: [Google]
doors of japan.gif
3MB, 480x366px
>>2873668
>Just have Corbin smash his face in with the briefcase on Sunday

Have Corbin walk into the Punjabi Max Steel Play-Set like this too.
>>
>>2873665
Was expecting this. Randy sucks and is boring vs. some roided indian literal who.
>>
>>2873964
Fair enough. It's probably going in storage forever after this.
>>
>>2873665
Looks like Vince should pack it up and move to India. The rabid crowds there will make it look like the Attitude Era in popularity. Unfortunately they won't make much money, but they'll be rich in snakes and feces.
>>
>>2873875
>literally worked
This guy will be screaming at his screen the loudest when Randy makes his comeback.
>>
>>2873692
>>2873699
>all this shittalk about Jinder being a career jobber when Bray Wyatt did the same thing
lmao
>>
>>2873985

>Implying they can compete with poo wrestling promotions
>>
>>2874168
Bray Wyatt went like a year from WM32 to WM33 only being pinned clean once and got pins over a bunch of dudes at the top of the card in that space of time AND a tag title run.
>>
>>2873957
Nobody in India cares about him either
>>
The reason tickets aren't selling isn't because of Jinder. It's because of Orton. Because even if Jinder did lose, then you would just have another boring Orton title run. There's no reason for fans to care about the main event because it's either a heel they hate that wins or the same old shit
>>
>>2874226
This guy may have a point. Jinder has his problems but at the end, a heel's work is to fight with the face and put him over. That's why the audience root for the face to win. Randy doesn't like to play faces and it shows.
>>
File: vince caught.jpg (29KB, 456x352px) Image search: [Google]
vince caught.jpg
29KB, 456x352px
>when you enact a power play to gain internet subscriptions in a country so poor and full of terrible infrastructure that even the people who could afford a sub wouldn't be able to have a steady, watchable stream anyways
also, they get the PPVs
>for free
on a 6 day delay
>>
File: 7wxc457pat4z.jpg (64KB, 750x826px) Image search: [Google]
7wxc457pat4z.jpg
64KB, 750x826px
Not Jinder's fault.

Why the fuck are they having A THIRD REMATCH between these 2.

I mean I know there's nobody else for Mahal to have a storyline with at the moment, but sheesh.

Everyone with a brain knows Vince wants that Indian market, so Mahal isn't losing the title until after the India tour in what, September was it?
>>
>>2874168
Bray Wyatt was the first person to pin Bryan clean post-Hell No.

Jinder Mahal hadn't even gotten a solo PPV win until his match against Randy.
>>
>>2873792
Owens is Canadian
>>
>>2873966
His finisher sucks because he sucks

Fucker couldn't even get BMAJ up for a Suplex
>>
My problem is that this exact thing has happened before. JBL was a career jobber until he made a lower card tag team with JBL. Within the span of six weeks, he went from jobbing at Mania with Faarooq to some how being the number one contender to the title at the next pay-per-view.

The only difference is JBL was a standard conservative American character instead of a standard foreign heel. The writing has sabotaged Jinder's chances. He is not capable of turning the shit he's given into something entertaining.
>>
>>2875598
The "writing" isn't the reason Jinder is talentless and boring.
>>
>>2873665
should have turned battleground into an Indian wrestlemania

run the event in India, let Jinder and Great Khali win, pay for 80k seat arena and let the magic begin
>>
>>2875598
APA portrayed a legit tough guys and were never at lowest jobber. Mahal is closer to Gilberg than Goldberg.
>>
>>2875686
Indians do not care about Jinder
>>
I cant belive that E got the balls to do another Punjabi prision match, i stopped to watch E some months ago but this is lame, the Khali phase was one of the worst that I remember and now you put Orton, who cant do more than 3 moves and have 0 charisma in this pathetic gimmick match, well, good luck
>>
>>2874196
>>2875573
so? Bray Wyatt is a jobber and has lower win rate than Jinder
>>
>heel vs heel main event
>not drawing
>hurr durr, it's jinda's fault! USA, USA!

inb4
>Orton is a face
How much of a dumb kiddie mark do you have to be to buy into this current 'face' run? Orton is a natural heel and has been a fucking top heel his entire career. Only 5 year olds with goldfish brains can unironically cheer him now. The character is too established, he's not a sympathetic character. Jinder's character is a big cheating meanie but the effect is dampened when the victim is a character as unsympathetic as >le viper. There's no compelling reason to want him to overcome Jinder, no compelling reason the cheer him. That's why this feud isn't drawing.

Once this garbage is done and dusted, Jinder will be able to do his part properly to draw real dimes.

>Jinder vs Mojo
could be decently entertaining for 1-2 months

>Jinder vs Cena
meh, cliched but could work for a month. Use the finish to burnish tensions between Cena and AJ

>Jinder vs Shinsuke
mmmaybe
>>
>>2874168
Bray jobs to people who matter, Jinder jobbed to fucking Enzo.
>>
>>2875845
Jinder is vs AJ next right?
That might be decent because AJ.

Jinder vs Owens could be good too.
>>
>>2873665
The experience was to see numbers in India rise, not America.
>>
>>2873665

I gotta give Jinder credit, he looks like a tough, mean guy.

Too bad he's a charisma black hole wrestling like someone who has been in the Performance Center for all of two months.
>>
>>2875858
I think Jinder vs AJ probably isn't on the cards for now because AJ has the US title now. I think that could also be decent, but not what I'm thinking of right now, because AJ is a capable veteran. You don't worry about him getting screwed.

What I'm thinking of is a high-energy, innocent, sunny-demeanoured, naive kinda babyface for Jinder to play off of. A Bayley type, a total vanilla kiddie babyface. Sami Zayn if he wasn't so reddit cringe.

That's why I suggested Mojo. Zack Ryder might be even better, for a month. They don't have to be super credible threats, Jinder can dispatch them within a month. But just someone cheery and high-energy. Orton is so slow and lazy, and has no natural face charisma, so it just doesn't work.

Or here's another thought...bring back Undertaker for Summerslam. Ok he's not young and fast-paced, but he is beloved. So the fans will actually boo when Taker is down.
>>
>>2875813
>evidence Bray's not a jobber
>HE'S A JOBBER

Moron.

P.S. Even in this year which is Jinder's career best year by a fucking mile Bray still has a better W/L ratio.
>>
>>2875845
Orton is a shitter but that doesn't make Jinder any less garbage.

There's a reason why he was a career undercard jobber before now.

>>2875875
>so reddit cringe

delete yourself
>>
>>2875996
Go back and hang yourself, in no particular order.
>>
>>2876049
If I want to go to plebbit should I head towards above (You)?

Since you clearly have its dick in your mouth
>>
>>2876082
Autism
>>
>>2873849
Survivor series main events have been great in recent years. WTF are you on?
>>
>>2873767
I dunno but I feel like Balor would benefit from a move to SDL. At the moment he's being held back as a result of Romans push...like everyone on RAW. Difference is, Balor sells merch.
>>
>>2876088
>get BTFO
>a-a-autism!
>>
>>2873792
Owens just had a 5 month world title reign, followed by a highly ranked upper midcard title feud. He's pushed fine
>>
>>2876100
>he thinks any of that autistic rambling resembled a coherent sentence
>he announces btfo because he has nothing else in the hope that i'll go with it in his autistic daydream
Now I feel bad for working the retarded kid into such a frenzy, at least you can say (You) accomplished something in your meaningless excuse for a life.
>>
>>2876117
>admits he's illiterate
>hurr i WURKD u gud
>>
>>2876123
Projection like an autist, keep proving me right guy. Why keep replying if I was supposedly btfo? Can't even keep your delusions straight, it's like I'm insulting Carter and should expect eight samefag replies. I'd tell you to kill yourself but then I'd have to pay rent since I'm in your head rent-free.
>>
>>2875706
I read somewhere that he gets 0 views from Indians and most of his interest comes from Pakistan as they are obsessed over the fact he's champion.
>>
>>2876138
>projecting

You literally admitted you couldn't understand 2 basic sentences.

>I'd tell you to kill yourself but then I'd have to pay rent since I'm in your head rent-free.

That doesn't even make sense.
>>
>Randy Boreton

There's your cancer
>>
>>2876149
Yeah, people with autism often struggle with metaphor, it's okay lil guy you'll figure it out, just make sure to put down the fidget spinner the next time your handler tries to explain them for the hundredth time.
>>
>>2876228
>crawls back 20 mins later
>still ducks the part where he admits he's illiterate
>>
>>2876232
>actually counting the minutes between replies
Yup, it's autism.
>>
>>2876249
>can't read a clock

Does your illiteracy know no bounds?
>>
File: images (4).jpg (46KB, 512x287px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
46KB, 512x287px
>>2873665

Bring him back and watch as ratings soar
>>
>>2876360
>A-A-Autism

Even a parrot can learn new words.
>>
>>2873665
>Looks like the poo experiment didn't pan out, what now?
I think I've only watched Smackdown once or twice since Jinder became champ, which is sad considering how much I love AJ, Owens and Nakamura.
To be fair it's not only because of Jinder - I also snooze whenever Boreton is around.
>>
>>2876420
Autism
>>
>>2876431
>broken into repeating the same word over-and-over

L
>>
>>2876430
It wasn't an experiment. It all makes sense in his talk with Jericho and the information an anon had posted. Basically, the same reason they create the U.K title.

TNA had contacted him in between June and November last year, WWE finds out and contacts him last minute. He takes WWE's offer, they bring him in Dec and bury him even further.

>Anthem acquires TNA on Jan 4. WWE was hoping TNA would be out of business by 2018

>Under Anthems backing they renew their TV Deal with Sony India who keeps the show for small passive revenue. Jarrett announces a promotional taping to happen in Mumbai

>WWE rushes with their decision.
>>
This is FAKE NEWS

The seats will be over flowing with POO
>>
>>2876449
Autism
>>
>>2876140
You're right, what exactly is the reason for this?
>>
>>2876489
Pakistan is seething because Mustafa Ali can't even challenge for the Cruiserweight Title, let alone win a World Title.
>>
>>2875271
Why did she make her hair look like ground beef, tho?
>>
File: modi (2).jpg (253KB, 988x1037px) Image search: [Google]
modi (2).jpg
253KB, 988x1037px
>>2876493
>>2876489
1.) Pakistan & Bangladesh were a part of India (India itself is technically a continent with every state being a different country).
2.) Pakistan split because they could not get along with Bengal or something like that and they built a country with only rich Muslims. India has progressed in 4-5 states, while Pakistan and Bangladesh have not.
3.)India shelters people who have a Fatwa against him/her
4.)Fact that a state minister(pic related) who let 2000 Muslims get killed in some communal riot and said "I was taking a nap, I'm sorry I should have handled it better" is now the Prime Minister. He also triggers liberals and lefties in India.
5.) Kashmir war
>>
>>2875875
The fucking state of this fantasy booking
>>
>>2876559
all those things.
still can't poo in loo
>>
>>2876753
>Poo in loo = bangladesh immigrants
>>
>>2876753
>society doesn't exist outside my basement or in other countries
White trash(a category you belong to), a white educated farmer from Minnesota, a white educated lawyer from New York, An educated creative professional from Seattle (a category I belong to) would have nothing in common.
>>
File: 923_00.jpg (86KB, 700x415px) Image search: [Google]
923_00.jpg
86KB, 700x415px
>>2876493
Did they boycott Xander Cage and Baywatch for debuting 2 Bollywood actresses in Hollywood?
>>
>>2873668
Is a Corbin cash in how the E plans on getting the title to Nakameme?
>>
>shit PPV
>shit ticket sales

wow go figure
>>
>>2873665
People just aren't accepting of diversity. Racist Philadelphia.
>>
>>2877029
But they'll cheer Rusev & Nakamura
>>
>>2877041
Nakameme is a spastic monkey so that make him more palatable to the white audience. Also a large portion of that audience happen to be weeaboos. Rusev is one of the few current heels who can get heat
>>
>>2877041
Rusev gets crickets. Nakamura is already a big star
>>
>>2877057
>>2877058
PHILLY

>they don't accept diversity
>they'll cheer Nakamura
>he's already a big star

NANI?
>>
>>2876401
Fuck off CM KEK
>>
>>2873665
>blandy boring main event

well of course they aren't flying off the shelves. not even THE BIG RAJ can make this dull create-a-wrestler interesting.
>>
>>2873665
>come watch Randy Orton get his 3rd shot in a dead feud
>come watch John cena bury a guy you like again
>come watch another cluster fuck women's match
>come watch us waste Shinsuke Nakamura

>be shocked when you don't sell many tickets

Wow
>>
>>2873665
>$20 off most tickets
for the love of god how much do people pay to see this shit?
>>
File: njpw_dominion.jpg (295KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
njpw_dominion.jpg
295KB, 600x400px
>>2873665
LOOK FELLOW CHADS! WWE BTFO ONCE AGAIN!
>>
>>2876787
im from denmark, fucking retard
>>
>>2877337
PPVs are $60-$80 minimum
>>
>>2877239
You know a show's bad when Philly can't even be bothered to shit on it
Thread posts: 116
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.