[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We all killed wrestling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Back in the 80's and 90's wrestling was huge and wrestlers were megastars. Now we just moan and complain about booking, kayfabe, works, shoots and what not. And that's the whole problem. The information age killed the mystique of wrestlers and wrestling shows. Surprises are ruined in advance. And smarks, marks, anti-smark and idiots debate everything to death on the internet. The time we live in and therefor we have destroyed pro wrestling. I hope you all feel guilty as fuck.
>>
>>2868792
That old stuff was crap though. Look the amount of cucks and janettys in that pic. Get memed lel
>>
>rassling
>good

Hi Jim!
>>
>>2868811
Kek GOT'EM! I sure miss only getting to see wrestling on shitty vhs tapes at that creepy kid at the end Of The streets house. It died with pg era and whatever the writing set up is there at WWMEME
>>
>>2868809

Punk could've saved it but no they had to be stupid carnies.
>>
since OP mentioned it, maybe you guys can help settle something for me. how do you pronounce kayfabe?

i've always pronounced it "kayfabe". but, all my friends say it's pronounced "silly ass made up shit that wouldn't hold the attention of a 5 year old".

to cloud matters further, i went to the wiki and they said it was pronounced "several greased up men in their underwear poncing about on a stained mat performing homo-erotic foreplay before retiring to the shower room for a bit of bouncy bouncy".

and what is it with BiggiE rassling again? i thought Tupac killed him 20 years ago.

so confuse....
>>
>>2868792
Vince killed it with non stop bad ideas, choosing the wrong guy, and not evolving with the times.
>>
Disco Inferno was right when he said that the marks became the wrestlers and now is all downhill from there
>>
>>2868792
You did.

The hilarious shit is when today's fans think they "discovered" being smart. But you watch any interaction with the fans before the mid 90s, and you can see that everyone over the age of about 12 is playing along with the kayfabe. The old grannies booing the heels, or the mulleted chads pretending to offer the heel a fight, or the dweebs booing the face ironically? All working.

The crowd back then knew their role.

That's one thing I disagree with Cornette about - he thinks that old fans weren't smart like today. I would say they were in fact smartER - they knew it was a work, but they worked it to.

Nowadays you have "fans" going to live events and doing chants that basically say "You know wrestling's fake, right?"

One: those aren't fans of wrestling
Two: if you think it's smart to point that out, you are thick as shit.

"Smark" should be redefined as "super-mark", because there is nothing smart about the shit they all believe.
>>
>>2868915
This, if I go to a show and sat by the front row of the ramp I would be leaving over the barricade yelling at the heel to go fuck himself, not sitting in my chair holding up my phone and smiling.
>>
>it's the internet's fault WWE has put on unwatchably awful shows for the majority of the past 16 years

OP a #faget
>>
>>2868792
Vince McMahon literally KILLED every other North American territory and admitted in US court-of-law that pro wrestling was FAKE. He also has pissed on pro wrestling for years by presenting "Sports Entertainment" garbage instead and legitimately hates rasslin'.
>>
>>2868792
wrestling is still so popular that the wwe can't fail to turn a profit despite being run by money-hating retards. no other business in the history of the world has had this much opportunity not to fail
>>
>>2868915
Patrician answer.
>>
>>2868915
I have this alternate theory where maybe wrestling promotions should put in the slightest fucking effort to give the audience a reason to cheer or boo a wrestler instead of failing to do so and then getting pissy when the crowd is "wrong."
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.