[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Goldberg vs Steven Regal. Who was in the wrong /asp/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: Goldberg vs Regal.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Goldberg vs Regal.webm
3MB, 640x360px
Goldberg vs Steven Regal. Who was in the wrong /asp/?
>>
regal for being a fucking mark

>one guy ended up being multiple champion and draw
>the other fired for drug problems
>>
>>2864700

Don't you have to be the markiest of marks to believe in Goldberg's gimmick of being put over by everyone, many of whom also had far more in-ring ability?
>>
Goldberg for not paying his dues.
>>
The agent that laid out the match then denied responsibility. Goldberg also initially accepted blame then years later he backtracked and blamed it on Regal. Never to his face, of course.
>>
Goldberg was a legit draw. I like Regal but he was in the wrong.
>>
>>2864698
Goldberg

He just wanted to irish whip and spear, but this is a give and take industry built on trust. Goldberg just went on to bury everyone on the roster and buried WCW as a whole. That match should have been a red flag that Goldberg can't work a match over 5 minutes, and no one can main event doing 5 minute squash matches. He killed WCW. Raven, Jericho, DDP, Hogan, Sting all lost everything they built in WCW by jobbing to a scrub who can't wrestle. And that wasn't enough he also had to kill Bret's career.
>>
>>2864855
Hi Bret!
>>
File: ohgod.jpg (103KB, 492x504px) Image search: [Google]
ohgod.jpg
103KB, 492x504px
>>2864698
AAAAAGH AAAAGH
WTF IS WRONG WIT DAT NIGGA'S ARM
AAAGH
>>
The only marks are the people who think it was a shoot.

Idiots don't seem to appreciate that one match breathed new life into the "Ultimate Warrior MK2 superhero" gimmick that Goldberg had. Everyone knew he was always going to win, but the smarky fans were already turning on him saying he was not a good in-ring technician.

Regal raised him in terms of ring work in that one match. Made it look like a shoot. Gave him opportunities to pull off hook reversals and shit.

In short: made him look a damn sight more technical in the ring than any other opponent had up until that point.

People knew that Kayfabe 'berg was always going to beat anyone. Regal worked the smarks into thinking they were catching a glimpse of shootberg.
>>
>>2864855
The big boot that "ended" Bret's career was also a work.

Look into the Minnesota guys who worked Lloyds of London around that era. Bret was friends with them, and they were all making atronomical money from pocketing Ted Turner's fat pay cheques AND cashing in their Lloyds' insurance policies at the same time.

Bret has sold that exact same big boot like a master since at least 1986 - taking it from Andre, Taker, Diesel. Any big guy, basically.

Of course, this was Bret working an angle that was intended to work Ted Turner (and possibly any insurance company he had a policy with), so you can never expect him to break kayfabe on it, even 20 years later.

"It was legit, anon. And I have the millions of dollars to prove it."
>>
>>2864855

I never remember seeing any other talent sell 45,000 tickets to a Monday night even multiple times during his or her reign.

Shit on Goldberg all you want but there is no denying that he was the biggest thing in wrestling during his time.
>>
>>2864894
>Shit on Goldberg all you want but there is no denying that he was the biggest thing in wrestling during his time.

He wasn't even the biggest bald wrestler with a goatee at that time
>>
>>2864702
Are you aware the Professional Wrestling is not a real sport based on in-ring ability?
>>
>>2864963

Stone Cold never had a 6.91 rated, million dollar gate, 45,000 attended Monday night title match.

It wasn't even the only time Goldberg sold that much at the Georgia Dome.
>>
>>2865006

Oh. And forgot to mention, that match only had 4 days of promotion. It was announced on fucking Thunder the week before.
>>
>>2865006
Yeah, this really needs to be talked about more. Even today those numbers are fucking insane.
>>
>>2865006
This desu. I remember around that time Walmart was selling Goldberg shirts and every 30-40 something dad in the southeastern united states was wearing one. It was a terrible fucking time.
>>
>>2864866
It can't be Bret, he's not blaming Rollins for it
>>
>>2865006
>Wolfcuck bored of trying to say Hogan was a bigger draw than Austin, now he moves on to trying with Goldberg

please go outside and get some fresh air dude
>>
>>2864878

After I watched the match, I wondered what all the fuss was about. It made Goldberg look great - he had to bust out the technical moves against Regal, and it showed the audience there was another string to his bow.
>>
I thought the guy had a broken arm
>>
>>2865006
>Stone Cold never had a 6.91 rated, million dollar gate, 45,000 attended Monday night title match.
Stone Cold made one company a billion dollar empire and Goldberg shot one company into folding.
>>
>>2865094
Is that an actual action figure? Looks based.
>>
I enjoyed the fucking match. I legitimately don't see what's supposed to be wrong with it
>>
>>2864698
Regal for taking a green wrestler and exposing him, all because he was getting a much MUCH better reaction than he was getting.
>>
The amount of people spouting pure fiction in this thread is pretty amazing.
>>
>>2864855
>And that wasn't enough he also had to kill Bret's career.
Ah, there it is. Every thread where Goldberg is mentioned.

>It's Goldberg's fault Bret was an unsafe worker
>It's Goldberg's fault Bret chose to ignore frequent headaches
>It's Goldberg's fault Bret took bumps while concussed
>It's Goldberg's fault Bret covered his chest for a superkick
>It's Goldberg's fault Bret chose to ignore the even more frequent headaches
>It's Goldberg's fault Bret ignored Doctor's advice
>It's Goldberg's fault Bret chose to work with a concussion
>It's Goldberg's fault Bret chose to take bumps with a concussion
>It's Goldberg's fault Bret never took his Neurologists advice
>It's Goldberg's fault Bret developed Post Concussion Syndrome
>It;s Goldberg's fault Bret suffered a stroke from years of bad bumps
>It's Goldberg's fault Bret has crippling depression
>It's Goldberg's fault Bret can't eat soup anymore
>It's Goldberg's fault Bret's carers put him to bed too early
>It's Goldberg's fault Bret's family ignores him
>It's Goldberg's fault Owen died
>>
>>2864698
>oh shit that kid's arm got fucked up
>oh never mind he's just a spastic
>oh shit that normal kid is actually going to wrestle him for real
>oh never mind he's letting him win
>that happy look on his face afterwards

Man what a roller coaster
>>
>>2866689
>It made Goldberg look great

At one point Regal put himself into a headlock because Goldberg didn't even know how, hence why OP's webm has that filename.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.