[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"WWE is a parody of professional wrestling"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

File: bryan parody.jpg (134KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bryan parody.jpg
134KB, 1280x720px
How does he do it?

He is able to say whatever the fuck he wants and WWE can't do anything about it. He is the most over person on the WWE roster and hasn't even wrestled in like 3 years.

He must be the GOAT of all GOATs right?
>>
>>2861385
When did say this?
>>
>>2861388
HOF 15
>>
him and a few other wrestlers have vince by the balls w/r/t health & safety liability. Mick Foley,Kurt Angle, DBry, Booker T. The lawsuit isn't %100 but giving these guys jobs is better than losing his company.
>>
>>2861385
DBry is a man with nothing to lose, if Vince fires him for his chicanery that's even better for him.
>>
>>2861385
I've been saying this for a while. WWE has turned into joke company like Chikara. It was most apparent on RAW this year with the Owens and Jericho stuff.
>>
>>2861512
If you are saying JeriKO and the subsquencial breakup wasn't BASED, you are very wrong amigo
JeriKO was the only reason I watched RAM, now Jericho is gone and I don't even watch WWE
>>
it's weird everything wwe does to bryan backfires

all the losses got him more over, he forced their hand into main eventing mania, he married into the total divas thing and probably made gobs more money, and now he's just resting his body and getting until his contract runs when he'll go to new japan.

fuck this guy might kill wwe without even meaning to.
>>
>>2861537
Whether it was based or not is irrelevant. It was a comedy angle.
>>
Bryan is based as fuck.
>>
>>2861385
Nobody has actually liked Daniel Bryan in years, they cheer because smarks tell them to cheer
>>
>>2861385
And you're a joke of a champion, you glass-necked sack of goat shit.
>>
>>2861512
You're trolling right? The JeriKo storyline is legitimately the only entertaining thing the """creative""" team has put out in the last year and a half.

At least I hope you're trolling. Would rather not believe I share a board with someone that retarded.
>>
>>2861385
>it's a parody of traveling carny toughman bouts

what a fucking mark
>>
>>2861555
>fuck this guy might kill himself without even meaning to.

FTFY
>>
>>2861512
I enjoyed the storyline but it went on way too long. They even tried to split them up earlier.
>>
>>2862675
Are you so fucking stupid you can't tell the difference between "joke company" and "not entertaining" as two different concepts of discussion?

I bet you actually are. The number of true medically legit autismos on this board is staggering.
>>
>>2861385
They can easily fire him but they don't want him to jump into NJPW immediately after leaving WWE to
A) use his WWE celebrity status to draw fans to another promotion
and
B) go out there and get hurt because they let him out of his contract early

I don't think it'd be fair to blame them for it, but I also think that if they did release him early from his contract and he went to go wrestle somewhere else and he benoit'd the media would spin it as "WWE LET UNFIT WRESTLER GO TO JAPAN PROMOTION, KNOWING HE HAD BRAIN DAMAGE"

The best move for them from a PR perspective is to just grit your teeth and let him say what he's going to say while he's under contract, offer him another contract when that expires, then when he doesn't resign as a non-wrestler to just let it go.
>>
>>2861385
>>2862985
Oh, and also, WWE doesn't see themselves as pro wrestling. That's why all this criticism from smarks and reporters alike don't matter to them when they say things like "This isn't supposed to be how pro wrestling works".

In their mind they think "Well, that's fine since we're not making Pro Wrestling."

Bryan calling it a Pro Wrestling parody is probably pretty in line with what they think of their own product. It's not pro wrestling, it's a comedy-drama-adventure-action television show about a pro wrestling program. Parody of pro wrestling sounds kind of in line with that.
>>
>>2862985
If Bryan went to NJPW and got seriously hurt it would be great publicity for WWE who can claim the moral highground and btfo the "dangerous" competitors who push their workers too hard
>>
>>2863320
It would be fucking awful, what kind of mental gymnastics are you doing to convince yourself otherwise?

>WWE LETS UNCLEARED WRESTLER GO FROM CONTRACT EARLY, KNOWING HE WISHED TO WRESTLE IN OTHER PROMOTIONS

>DANIEL BRYAN, INJURED IN WWE, COMMITS SUICIDE -- BRAIN REVEALD TO BE THAT OF AN 80 YEAR OLD etc etc etc

>WWE INJURED DANIEL BRYAN AND SENT HIM TO JAPAN TO COMPETE

This would be a fucking nightmare. To come out after a person is seriously injured or god forbid killed, and to say "Told ya so" would be HORRIBLE for them. Especially with the Concussion lawsuit going on right now. The smart thing for them to do, no matter how bad you or I want to see bryan return to the ring, is to let him wait out his contract, and then offer him a new one (knowing he won't re-sign). There's no benefit from letting him go early, especially when he's still used near weekly on WWE TV and can coast off of that to bring attention to other promotions.
>>
>>2863417
are you retarded no one would care, they'd blame the idiot wrestler for not retiring
>>
>>2861385
Holy shit D Bry is gonna sacrifice himself to kill the WWMEME in the name of New Japan

The absolute madman
>>
>>2863021
>WWE doesn't see themselves as pro wrestling.
I think the last time WWE had a main roster PPV show that ended with
>a singles wrestling match with no stipulation
>for a title
>that wasn't a squash
>100% clean finish
was... Wrestlemania 29 with Cena vs Rock II.

You can probably count on 1 hand the number of times this happened in the last decade.
>>
>>2863549
Right? Because that's how benoit played out.

You're naive. The media wants a story and "WWE sends former WWE Champion to death sentence" is more attention catching than "former wrestler was injured and kept wrestling, leading to death"
>>
Will Bryan become the new head of the Bullet Club when he goes to NJPW?
>>
>>2863640
Benoit came when wrestlers were dropping like flies, it's not so bad right now, he was also under contract and wrestling for the company as you seem to dumb to remember.
>>
>>2863606
They've become more lax with the term Wrestling or Wrestler in the last few years, but even still it's obvious that they see themselves as a television show first, and wrestling 2nd.

Even in the way they construct live shows, the crowd is a prop or a whole team of extras who pay to be there. It's not a traditional wrestling federation, especially since WCW folded. They are a television show that revolves around a wrestling federation. For lack of a better term, the "canon" you see on raw, sd and PPVs, is a different canon than their business. Behind the scenes they're an Entertainment company whose main flagship is a television show about a wrestling promotion.
>>
>>2861576
>the fans cheer because a majority of the audience tell them to cheer
Huh?
>>
>>2863653
it's an infomercial, it always has been
>>
>>2863648
When benoit died they weren't in a lawsuit with 20+ people about concussions being treated poorly (concussions are the reason why Bryan isn't cleared for WWE btw).

Wrestlers were dying from drug abuse, so they fixated on steroids. Then when benoit's autopsy revealed his brain, they focused on head trauma. If bryan was seriously hurt or dead, especially after the concussions, they'd 100% spin it as WWE's fault. It just makes sense for them to do that.

>he was also under contract and wrestling for the company as you seem to dumb to remember.

No shit, faggot. And Bryan is under contract right now. If they released or fired him, the media COULD 100% spin it as them abandoning him or "letting him" go to another fed while they knew he couldn't compete.

Right now the ball's in WWE's court and giving the ball to Bryan makes 0 sense for them to do. What do they gain?
>>
>>2861576
>This WWE cult damage control
Sad!!
Like, not even you believe this shit sincerely.
>>
File: dbd3.jpg (5KB, 141x135px) Image search: [Google]
dbd3.jpg
5KB, 141x135px
>>2862491
>>2862878
>the amount of S E E T H I N G
r u haeving porlbem frendo?
>>
>>2861567
Yeah, and wwe has never done one of those before!
>>
>>2863606
Did ya ding-dong diddly miss Great Balls of Fire?
>>
>>2864987
Wasn't 100% clean, dummy. Joe jumped the gun before the bell, and also low-blowed Brock during the match.
>>
>>2864979
That was just about ALL they were doing for a little while earlier this year with Owens and Jericho on RAW and Styles Ellsworth on Smackdown.
>>
>>2861385
dbry is a cringe snarky little nerd.
basically a smarks wet dream
>>
>>2861385
By now he actually wants to get fired asap so he can wrestle again while the WWE wants to keep him.
>>
>>2865759
Brock won. If you want a match that is 100% clean I suggest you watch the NCAA Amateur Wrestling or the Olympics
>>
File: joe.png (513KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
joe.png
513KB, 1024x576px
>>2863574
>actually believing this

wot.jpg
>>
>>2861393
That's around the same time Russo started saying that.
>>
>>2865847
ya missed the point, fucktard
>>
>>2862675
implying it wasnt a remake storyline of hogan and andre when they were friends or marty and shawn....
>>
File: DBry.png (3MB, 1073x1500px) Image search: [Google]
DBry.png
3MB, 1073x1500px
>>2862894
>>
Daniel wil become a maestro en lucha libre and would give us 7 stars matches by 2019.
>>
>>2861555
He was pushed to heaven and Earth, 18+. The Batista meme is just a meme, Bryan was going to make it big anyway because he isn't anti-WWE establishment. He's one of their biggest darlings. And no he's not going anywhere. He has a comfy job getting paid millions of dollars, he doesn't give a fuck.
>>
>>2861385
>He is able to say whatever the fuck he wants and WWE can't do anything about it.

WWE could but they won't, if they fire him they know he'll go straight to New Japan, ROH or TNA. Fact.
>>
>>2868727
>shows nobody gives a fuck about and can't even match the current record-low ratings of both Smarkdownie and RAM

Yeah it'll sure show them.
>>
>>2861512
JERIKO was the only thing entertaining during that period on Raw, although it was shithouse seeing variants of Reigns/Rollins vs JERIKO.

Probably the most entertaining comedy stuff they've done in the past decade
>>
>>2868728
>Implying it won't

If you don't think that's one of if-not the main reason then you're pretty much an idiot mate. 90 day non-compete clause's and NXT exist for a reason.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.