[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

when did you realize that okada is currently having the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: okada cry.png (84KB, 375x204px) Image search: [Google]
okada cry.png
84KB, 375x204px
when did you realize that okada is currently having the best title reign in wrestling history? it's safe to say kobashi's GHC run has been btfo at this point.
>>
>>2860607
>okada
Who?
>kobashi
Who?
>GHC
What?
>>
Nah
>>
So who's his next opponent?
>>
>valuing a title reign by the quality of his matches alone
Name one memorable moment in his reign outside of matches
>>
>>2860607
Dare I say... yes? There are already so many classic encounters since his reign. Hopefully it continues on at least until Wrestle Kingdom.
>>
File: 1493894488534.jpg (31KB, 600x485px) Image search: [Google]
1493894488534.jpg
31KB, 600x485px
>>2860631
>name one memorable moment of his reign aside from all of the memorable moments
>>
>>2860623
18+
>>
>>2860635
Why arent you answering me anon?
>>
>>2860643
NJPW is about match quality and ability, not cutting promos in a swamp, burning a shack down, and taunting at the camera.
>>
>>2860631
King of Pro Wrestling 2016 - Avenging his lopsided loss at G-1 in a grueling match

WK 11 - first spinning tombstone piledriver before he finished off the match in greatest match in ages

Sakura Genesis - Surviving Shibata and the incredible headbutt moment which will be remembered forever (Shibata's reaction and the blood flowing down his forehead).

Dominion - Best match of all time with Kenny Omega. Nuff said

Okada doesn't have bad matches. He is a great in ring story teller and will end his career as a Japanese legend.
>>
>>2860646
>NJPW is not about building characters
>>
>>2860651
>literally only mentions stuff happened in matches
I never said okada wasnt a great wrestler
>>
>>2860653
>the fed taught him you can only build a character outside of wrestling

i understand why you think that since current day WWE has nothing going for it, but that's just not how it works.
>>
>>2860607
After the Shibata match
>>
Flair in 89 was apparently better because he was still having world-caliber matches on nightly house shows, whereas Okada only has to show up once a month for a good match
>>
>>2860653
They build characters via in ring work. It is not hard to understand and works better than a boring interview segment. Also, NJPW does not bury talent. It's hard to come up with a talent that is not expendable.
>>
>name one memorable moment of his wrestling title reign outside of the actual wrestling

What did he mean by this?

No really, I actually want to know...
>>
>>2860658
Matches is all that matters. It's professional wrestling, not a male soap opera.
>>
>>2860661
>the fed
Nice try, go watch better wrestling, there is so many promotions that shit on NJPW in japan alone youd have no idea
>>
>>2860674
This is bullshit contrarian nonsense and you known it. You did not even list these other promotion or individual matches that even compare.
>>
>>2860623
You could argue that this tired meme works with Okada being mentioned, but doing that with Kobashi just screams desperation.
So here, have a (You) on me.
>>
>>2860665
Its only boring when the person interviewed is boring, but you can also be creative in making other kind of segments, I don't see why people here are so opposed to the idea
>>
>>2860682
Some just prefer in ring product. There is no right or wrong, just preference, which is why we have choices.
>>
>>2860680
Again, I have nothing to say regarding the match quality, but I feel no investment that I'd feel by watching an episode of LU, Impact or DDT
>>
Can you idiots literally stop having a WWE vs NJPW argument at EVERY POST?
>>
>>2860646
>not cutting promos in a swamp, burning a shack down, and taunting at the camera.
Hey.

That was a badass segment.
>>
>>2860706
Nani? No.
>>
>>2860607
>only 29

Not just his title reign, but If Okada retired tomorrow he would still have had the single greatest career of all time and the fucker isn't even 30.

Just imagine what matches will be under his belt in the next 15-20 years.

Greatness is always only ever viewed in hindsight. call him out for legitimately being the single greatest wrestler of all time and you'll only get waves of salty cucks clinging to their past and desperately holding up their heroes, not wanting to admit that they've been bested.

In 1 or 2 decades, no one will argue it. No wrestler in history has ever been on Okada's level at this age.

You are looking at the absolute, non jokingly, single greatest of all time
>>
I wonder how will NJPW smarkfags feel when big daddy Vince buys the promotion just to shit on it
>>
>>2860744
>buys the promotion
Keep dreaming faggot
>>
>>2860716
>Hey.
nothing you can say. nothing's gonna make that segment not gay.
>>
Okada will be thrilled as he jobs to kassius ohno on nxt
>>
>>2860744

He's too busy pissing away his own company.
>>
>>2860607
Kobashi ruined jap wrestling, moron
>>
>>2860795
Okada makes 2 million + a year and drives a Ferrari. Ohno drives a Mazda 3 (used). Educate yourself you overweight single male.
>>
>>2860929
desu I would rather drive a Mazda than a Ferrari
>>
>>2860607
LolOkadawins with his 5 moves of doom. If he were ion the wwe wrestling he same and being booked the same you'd hate it.
>>
>>2860607
Is it fair to compare yet? Kobashi lasted 2 years, Okada has only held it one whole year.
>>
>>2860623
Smarkbusters pls
>>
File: tanahashi iwgp bike.jpg (72KB, 448x402px) Image search: [Google]
tanahashi iwgp bike.jpg
72KB, 448x402px
tanahashi is the goat tho
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.