[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Great Balls of Fire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: vince.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
vince.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
>“The writers threw a Hail Mary to Vince, saying the pay-per-view would have more credibility if it referenced a classic rock song, a WWE road agent says. Vince agreed that this situation made sense for the casual audience's attention, and offered up two song titles for the team to choose from. “He threw out ‘Balls to the Walls' and ‘Great Balls of Fire.’ There was a pregnant pause in the room after that. People waiting for Vince to say ‘just kidding,’ but it never comes, and he just moved on to another point.”
>>
>>2858973
Based Vince working the """"""""""writers""""""""" into a shoot
>>
>>2858973
Based Vince being a pure soul and suggesting two of his favorite songs.
>>
He really needs to get rid of the yes-men in the room
>>
>>2858987
why? what difference is it going to make? youre gonna watch anyway
>>
>>2858989
They've lost about 10% of their audience every year since 2005, so no. That argument was always flawed.
>>
>>2858990
they don't need a strong audience they're a public company. literally the only thing that matters is keeping investors happy, and WWE has never been worth more money than it is right now.
>>
>>2858989
>Audience size rapidly dwindling every year since 2001, now pared down to the very hard core of the base
>Y-Y-YOU'LL K-K-KEEP W-W-WATCHING
This is literally what Scientologists do when faced with the reality of their organisations numbers shrinking in the last 15 years. Just bury head in sand and pretend it's not happening.
WWE totally isn't a cult tho.
>>
>>2858973
>the pay-per-view would have more credibility if it referenced a classic rock song

These people are fucking idiots. Thank christ they've got old man Vince there to give their shit a little bit of edge and imagination.
>>
>>2858990
>made a record-breaking $700 million in combined revenue
>meaning neither Hogan nor Austin made that much when they were draws

They're doing fine.
>>
>>2858990
>lost 10% of viewers annually
>since 12 years ago
WWE lost 120% of the fanbase. WWE is done.
>>
>>2859043
>top line figure

babby doesn't know basic finance
>>
>>2859043
Operating cash flow does not equal profit. WWE is continuing to keep the machine running but its hardly as successful as they meme to their stockholders. Trust me, look at their financials, they're woefully average.
>>
>>2859053
they crashed so hard that they started getting people back
>>
>>2859053
You clearly don't understand how math works.
>>
>>2859177
so its losing 10 percent of last year's viewer base every year?
based wwe will never go out of business
>>
>>2859182
The bleed is definitely slowing down.
The question is whether or not they can find other revenue streams to offset the loss of tv viewers.
So far they've managed just fine.
>>
>>2859043
revenue is not the same as profit retard
>>
>>2859043
The state of E-drones
>>
Darth Icky or Darth Insanius
>>
>not using Big Balls by based ACDC
>>
>>2858990
>lost 10% of their audience
Pretty low balled don't you think?
>>
>>2858973
That's bullshit but I believe it
>>
>>2860578
At least one person got it
>>
File: 1496596892586.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1496596892586.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
>>2859053
wwe drone "intelligence" on full display in this one post. holy shit, what an inbred retard.
>>
>>2858973
>There was a pregnant pause in the room after that. People waiting for Vince to say ‘just kidding,’ but it never comes

Sums up WWE as a whole. The STATE of it.
>>
File: e-drone_mentality.jpg (103KB, 768x364px) Image search: [Google]
e-drone_mentality.jpg
103KB, 768x364px
>>2859043
Literally (You)
>>
>The next day, the writers finally met with Vince McMahon, but not before being told how to talk to him. Our source says they were told to never say “No” to him, or to say, “Yeah, that will be easy.” They were also told not to mention former WWE Champion, CM Punk. If he’s referred to by Vince, it will be “that guy.” The most important rule, much like not feeding a Mogwai after midnight, was “Don’t tell Vince pushing Roman won't work.”
>>
>>2858973

Goddamn these Hollywood writers are a bunch of ding-dong diddly cucks. At least in the old days bookers stood up to Vince and his bullshit.
>>
File: i66vhlN.gif (1MB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
i66vhlN.gif
1MB, 300x188px
>>2858993
>entertainment company doesn't need a strong audience
>>
>>2860837
You're working yourself into a shoot, the ones who spoke up were gotten rid of at the earliest convenience.
>>
File: 1498305648345.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1498305648345.gif
2MB, 320x240px
I always wonder if Vince is always in character and people are too scared to interject their ideas. If it's bad they may get fired for real and they can only get their jobs back if they beat corporate Kane in an inferno match.
>>
>>2859177
This.
>>
>>2858989
They've lost a million viewers in the last year and a half. Keep spouting the company line e drone.
>>
>>2858973
Why didn't they call it "The Great American Bash"? I get that Vince doesn't like using old WCW PPV names anymore, but that's a far better name GBOF.
>>
>>2860843
Apparently not, since they're making more money than ever
>>
>>2860986
And? They have more money without you fatties
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.