[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Roman is such a draw, why are ratings at all time lows?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: romanetty.jpg (140KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
romanetty.jpg
140KB, 1280x720px
If Roman is such a draw, why are ratings at all time lows?
>>
>>2851892
He's not a draw. But he's also far from the only reason ratings are in the shitter.

Roman's never ending god push is turning away viewers. But just as many are turned away by the piss poor storylines/booking and the simple fact you're given literally no reason to run in next week or even after the commerical break.
>>
>>2851898
this
>>
>>2851898
Holy shit a legitimate answer. I'm sorry, that rarely ever happens on this shitpostmania board
>>
>>2851892
Because wrestling is a dirty word today, back in the days it was the cool thing
>>
File: IMG_20170504_212931.jpg (95KB, 1006x758px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170504_212931.jpg
95KB, 1006x758px
>>2851892
To be completely fair, I believe making smackdown a live show cannibalised a bit some portion of raw viewers. However, as shown in pic related, when compared against cable decline, it's no longer negligible. People are legit running away, on top of SDL eating the pie and cord cutting.

So now who are running away? One way to see it is by the median age of viewers. Reports say they're in the range of 40s: they could be casuals who really got nothing to watch on Monday night or more evidently, the hardcore. So now one can conclude pro wrestling itself are no longer a draw since pro wrestling itself fails to retain young casuals.

But wasn't Roman being built to cater to the casuals from the child and women sections? Unless the median viewers i.e the one we call hardcores are actually comprised of women in the 40s, this shows that Roman is indeed unable to attract the demographic he is intended to. Or, another alternative conclusion is the hardcores, being anti-Roman AND very imposing, are the one who are pushing away the younger demos more and more.
>>
>>2851898
Not to mention the only thing that can be a draw nowadays is the WWE brand. If anyone was to be a legit draw, they could piss off and give a huge rub to competition.

You could argue Cena being a draw, but he has drunken the WWE kool-aid and has his lips firm on Vince's ass.
>>
>>2851892
As someone who watches it casually, Roman should be the least of your problems. It has been the lack of storylines that have turned people away. The last real storyline arcs were Chris Jericho/Kevin Owens & Wyatts/RKO. Everything else is written like SNL, the booking is becoming less WWE and more Indie Style.

From an outsiders perspective, I can tell you it has more to do with WWE not knowing whether to be WWE or a premium Indie fed, they spend too many resources on having an ocean of content rather than polishing their 2 main shows. Again another thing I dislike is how fragmented their storytelling has become. "He said this on twitter, so the GM has booked a matched between the two". Or that Cruiserweight Division being on Raw with storylines happening on 205 Live. I really don't have time for wrestling 24/7. The WWE Network as paid on demand archive is great. As a Netflix/Hulu clone, it's a shitty idea. Giving PPV's for $9 with PPVs being every 2 weeks.
>>
>>2851920
>But wasn't Roman being built to cater to the casuals from the child and women sections?

The problem with Roman is that he has the look but not the charisma.
>>
>>2851920
Or you could attribute to the fact that 3 hours of modern WWE programming is far too much for anyone to be watching.
>>
>>2851920
>Built to cater to casuals
This is another huge issue. Especially within the last few years, they have had an unrealistic obsession with drawing in casuals and making new fans. But the numbers show they haven't gained any new fans whatsoever. When it's clear they should have just tried to make their existing audience feel entertained.

It's like they're trying everything EXCEPT making their show watchable.
>>
Why watch 5 hours, 1 hour+ being commercials of wrestling when I can watch 30 minutes of YouTube clips and know exactly what is going on for the PPV? Watching these shows live is a complete waste of time.
>>
>>2851892

ratings would be twice as low if it wasn't for Big Dog
>>
Because le ebin big dog based workin smarks dumb fat fat le epin Kevin Nash
>>
>>2851898
/thread
>>
>>2851910
This is the answer. Booking was shit in the past but people simply accepted faces and hated heels. Yeah there were some stand out feuds and the like, but the crowd simply did as instructed. The smarks in the crowd only started hijacking the show when kayfabe died. People like legitimacy, which is why UFC is all the rage, and grown men play fighting is a dying art
>>
>>2851898
fpbp
>>
I always thought Roman thought his rejection by the fans was race related and i feel his appreciation speech to the japanese signified that. I also think the Rock has a chip on his shoulder about race. He had a feud with Opie and Anthony once where he thought they were racist against them when they weren't. I imagine him being close to Roman they had this talk with each other.
>>
>>2851936
He has charisma, just not heroic babyface charisma.
>>
>>2851967
The point where they decided to hotshot the belt on to a jobber to chase India because of mythical social media numbers rather than just make the show watchable to people in their relevant markets was when I realized they really don't know what they're doing and 2019 is gonna be one hell of a reality check.
>>
>>2853118
They can write around this, but vince is stuck in his ways. Roman would be huge(he already is but bigger) if Haitch could book hi how he books NXT. Just imagine rollins booked like bobby roode instead of being booked like a pussy. That is the future.
>>
>>2853245
Haitch right now is a better booker than Vince, but they are different situations. One hour a week and one PPV every three months is a different bird than the avalanche of content the main roster is.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.