[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the appeal of this meme developmental/wannabe indie fed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0532.png (27KB, 463x160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0532.png
27KB, 463x160px
What's the appeal of this meme developmental/wannabe indie fed?
>>
its like minor league baseball. you see the future stars of smack and raw back when they are still green
>>
Good wrestling, logical booking, long term planning. You know, stuff that Vince fails at.
>>
>>2845422
Because the point of developmental is to create and develop new wrestlers.
Wrestlers are allowed more freedom to develop their characters and feuds/stories have more effort put into them since the purpose is to help establish new characters and motivations.

Characters stop developing and evolving once they leave NXT, which is why most of them fail.
>>
Short episodes
Simple stories
Sensible long-term booking
Good to great wrestling
Regal
TakeOvers are rare, so they feel special.
>>
>>2846165
>Good Wrestling
well if the one in the match is some established guys like Balor/Nakamura/Joe/Roode is always expected is but in a nut shell they are very green (esp the WWE homegrown talents)
>logical booking
why is AoP is going to feud with SaNiTy? who is going to challange Roode now with Itami and Strong failing? Why they broke the best tag team in NXT? why McIntyre and Ohno came back and start again in NXT? why the women div so weak besides Asuka and possibly Moon
>Long Term Planning
implying this is one of the main brand and not a developmental brand

i guess the appeal is that you got to see less non-important promo/matches/commercial when it only one hour to watch
>>
Best WWE matches for a third year in a row now are seemingly NXT matches. Their experimenting with gimmicks allows for a wider variety of characters than the main show. NXT doesn't have the kind of crazy schedule that the main roster has to go through so everyone gets enough time to practice for promos/segments/matches meaning less botches. Unlike the main show, NXT has more sensible booking to the extent where even relatively green guys like Authors Of Pain look good against veterans like DIY; it's a very Paul Heyman "focus as much on the positive qualities of each star as possible" approach.
>>
>>2846189
I do like the one-hour a week of it. It means you don't have to see everybody every week, it allows characters to stay fresh and storylines to develop longer

Unfortunately the talent & characters on the show today are so damn boring I will watch the 2 or 3 people I like and skip the rest/
>>
>>2846207
>why is AoP is going to feud with SaNiTy?
Because AoP has the belts and Eric Young wants 'em.
>who is going to challange Roode now with Itami and Strong failing?
I mean I can tell you, but it'd be a spoiler.
>Why they broke the best tag team in NXT?
Ciampa got injured at a house show, fans started coming up with replacements to help Gargano in Chicago, Ciampa was pissed off because he was being made into an afterthought, in his mind he thought Gargano would treat him as an afterthought as well so he took Gargano out before Gargano could leave him behind.
>why McIntyre and Ohno came back and start again in NXT?
They weren't offered contracts by Bryan or Angle, they were offered contracts by Regal.
>why the women div so weak besides Asuka and possibly Moon
Because Asuka is the dominant veteran and most of the women's division is developmental, not indie names.
>>
anyone who watches NXT post 2015 is a fool
>>
>>2846207
Wow, OP, you're really fucking dumb.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.