[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does any of you actually wrestle/has considered wrestling?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 9

File: doyouwrestle.jpg (101KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
doyouwrestle.jpg
101KB, 800x600px
Does any of you actually wrestle/has considered wrestling?
>>
>>2843969
Yes.
>>
>>2843969
I've always have considered it. I got crazy reflexes and avoided Jay Lethal colliding into Hangman Page at the G1 last weekend. I also learned I am taller than Okada and Omega so I'd look like a giant in the ring with them.
>>
Yes, actually. But my country has zero wrestling "culture", not a single school or non-backyard promotion to be seen, and moving to North America to pursue my dreams of becoming a pro wrestler would be the dumbest shit in the world.
>>
>>2844000
What third world do you live in?
>>
>>2844000
african?
>>2843969
I wrestled in high school and hated being autismal about my weight all the time. plus i have a speech impediment and could never cut good promos
>>
>>2844000
>moving to North America to pursue my dreams of becoming a pro wrestler would be the dumbest shit in the world
Never gonna make it with that mindset anon.
>>
>>2843969

Actually considering it after I bulk up some months. I'm still flabby (not fat mind you) and shapeless but I know a wrestling school near my town where I could at least know the ropes. Not a guarantee, but it would at least be fun, and they do have an indie wrestling scene going on in case I happen to make it.
>>
>>2844007
>plus i have a speech impediment and could never cut good promos
You know that's treatable, right? Take improv classes if you're worried about that.
>>
>>2844007

Hey, it could always be part of your gimmick. Either that or be a non-nonsense hardass.
>>
>>2844007
just have a retard gimmick
>>
>>2843969
I'm a main event heel at my local bigo hall.
>>
>>2844007
Reminder that Jack Thwagger was a World Champ and would have gotten another big push if it weren't for the ganja.
>>
I did it for a few years. Just remember that it's a sport of one. Everybody is a politic and it's all about who you know.
>>
>>2844030
Oh shit, I didn't know Kenny Omega browses /asp/
>>
>>2844040
lmao njpweebs btfo
>>
POST PICTURES OF YOURSELVES IF YOU'RE SO THICK AND STRONG YOU ULTRAPUSSIES
>>
>>2844024
I just sound like a monotone rapist
>>
File: 1498636182360.jpg (78KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1498636182360.jpg
78KB, 768x1024px
>>2844044
I'm going to joshi school
>>
>>2843969
No. I don't want to get injured, and I don't want to be in pain all the time. I would absolutely love to be a ring announcer, though. I have the voice, and I don't get nervous in front of crowds. I can either use my regular voice, or the exaggerated Howard Finkel-style ring announcer voice.
>>
>>2844040
kek
>>
I helped set up the ring and was a masked manager For basically a copy of Kamala
>>
>>2844049
that could get over given the right presentation
>>
>>2844000
>moving to North America to pursue my dreams of becoming a pro wrestler would be the dumbest shit in the world.
That's been Rusev's goal since the third grade, and even though he's pretty much a jobber, he's got an amazing life.
>>
>>2844291
did you tap it?
>>
When I was younger my stepdad use to take my down to the basement and wrestle me. He had some really painful moves.
>>
I spear my wife onto the bed regularly.
My finisher with her is the Splash.
>>
I'm 27 now, but had I know, as a manlet (5'10") that the WWE would start pushing midgets like Daniel Bryan and Finn Balor, I probably would have given it a shot when I was young.
>>
Yup went to one class and saw some dude smash himself when the top rope snapped, never went back.
>>
When I was a young boy I thought it would be my career, but then I got interested in STEM.

I do have a friend who's performing in a small league right now. His gimmick is being a werewolf. I sort of wanna be his keyfabe manager.

[spoiler]He's also a babyfur but that isn't part of the character, thank god[/spoiler]
>>
>>2845410
Lel
>>
My uncle trained me to wrestler when I was a kid. I don't know why but he made me train naked, still he really knew his stuff. He taught me a submission move called the Willy Twister where he would yank my willy really hard until white stuff came out.
>>
>tfw they just opened pretty good school in Cardiff and I'm considering doing some fundamental training for fun but I'm 28 and I'd be slamming around 16-20 year old kids.
>>
>>2845450
>tfw when from Wales
>>
>>2845450
>>2845408

is 27/28 even that old guys I know you won't be telling kids to eat their vitamins any time soon but there's more amateurish leagues where you could enjoy wrestling anyway. hell, the league near my town has a priest as his champion, followed by an executioner and some guy with a dandy moustache, i'd say it would be pretty fun to join that
>>
>>2843969
Yeah but cruiserweights aren't over and they never will be.
>>
>>2845885
I'm already more invested on this promotion than in the WWE.
>>
File: paolo7.jpg (104KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
paolo7.jpg
104KB, 640x960px
>>2845899

Right? Like look at this fucking guy.
>>
File: Zayas.jpg (141KB, 371x396px) Image search: [Google]
Zayas.jpg
141KB, 371x396px
>>2845910

And this.
>>
>>2845910
Based Spanish Fray Tormenta.
>>
File: zayas2.jpg (565KB, 937x881px) Image search: [Google]
zayas2.jpg
565KB, 937x881px
>>2845914

Hell, it's like he's begging me to hate him, and I love him for it.
>>
File: IMG_1824.png (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1824.png
35KB, 500x500px
I'm 19 and the Ring of Honor Dojo is 30 mins away I met the two assistant trainers there really cool and let me watch a training session and when It was done I knew this is what I wanted to do. So I gotta get $4000 bucks together. Really excited and I can't wait to try.
>>
>>2845941
Ayy, good luck, Anon. If you ever make it to TV, sneak some /asp/-recognizable element into your gear.
>>
>>2845941

I have nothing but words of encouragement for you. Work your ass off and no regrets my guy
>>
>>2843969 Yeah, I didn't mind bumps and the road, but my teacher wanted to suck my dick and do gay shit, so I left, I had a little fun wrestling before that, but it'll always be for the carnies.
>>
>>2845950
>Ayy, good luck, Anon. If you ever make it to TV, sneak some /asp/-recognizable element into your gear.
snake gimmick and call yourself "Johnny Asp".
>>
File: eating chops for breakfast.jpg (103KB, 524x1500px) Image search: [Google]
eating chops for breakfast.jpg
103KB, 524x1500px
I've been training at a small indy fed for the last 7 months, I pick it quicker than most so they actually had me debut in a show at the 6 month mark instead of 12 like with most of their greens. I'm by no means a big guy, but I can deadlift people around my own weight and I can jump pretty high, and I'm already doing a bunch of basic flippy shit like moonsaults.
They're having me do a foreigner heel gimmick so I get all my fuck ups out of the way, but it's been going well so far. My first match was booked an 8 minute bout that lasted 8:49 with me cutting a 7 minute promo at the start pissing off the crowd. I didn't forget any spots and I didn't get so blown off that I threw up so I'm pretty happy about that. The crowd gave me a lot of heat for speaking a foreign language and gave the face - a 10+ year veteran - a huge pop when he interrupted my promo and when he won the match so I know I did my job.

Backstage the guys know me as the crazy dude who is collecting autographed chops from all the veterans.

I've played a couple sports in my life like baseball and hockey, but wrestling is by far the funnest thing I've ever done. It also hurts way less than one would think. The only thing I really hate so far is taking corner splashes from the 250 pounders.
>>
>>2846043
so this is the power...of juggalo championship wrestling
>>
>>2846043
What country you/your character are from?
>>
>>2843969
>throw yourself at the ground for no money
Yeah that sounds great.
>>
>>2845941
>4000 dollars
Fucking what
>>
>>2846067
Canada, and I'm wrestling in Quebec
I'm basically portraying Justin Trudeau and my god does it make people angry. Think of the Canadian equivalent of that guy with the shirt covered in Clintons.
>>
>>2846084
Boy that's regional af

So when you say you get heat by speaking in a foreign language it mean something fucking English?
>>
>>2846088
Yup.
I actually really hate the gimmick because despite being born in english Canada I really can't stand the rest of the country, but if it's what I got to do to pay my dues and do what I want after then it's what I got to do. Thankfully I'm only going to be stuck with the gimmick for two to three more shows.
Their original gimmick idea was even worse - they wanted me to be a Quebec sovereignist with an english accent, but they figured being a Trudeau-like figure would draw more heat since I can actually work a mic.
>>
>>2846084
Good shit, my man. Hope it all goes well.
>>
>>2845921

The fact that you are talking about WWW and do not show the match between "Big match niño" and Ricochet speaks really poorly of you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKR5-qgizP0&t=2s
>>
>>2843969
I wrestle my nutsack across your mum's face
>>
>>2845895
Indie manlets are a thing now anon.
>>
>>2846043
How much money do you make? Enough to make a living off of?
>>
>>2843969
I know I'm too shy to get anywhere, but I feel like I probably could if I got over that. Then the only issue would be bulking up, unfortunately I have the physique of ZSJ but with more definition. I'm also only 5'10. Alright, nah, not got enough going for me to be a wrassler.
>>
File: 1366358483531.gif (8KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1366358483531.gif
8KB, 645x773px
It will be nice to give it a go once I am fit, but I feel like 20 is too late to pursue this. I finish my degree next year who knows
>>
>>2846909
Scott Steiner is 5'10 too and look how far he got.
>>
What is taking a bump like?
>>
>>2846912
>I feel like 20 is too late to pursue this
The fuck? DDP was 35 when he started. Batista was 31. Kevin Nash was 32.
>>
I have not wrestled, but it has crossed my mind to try it before my body can't handle it.
>>
I've honestly been contemplating it, I feel like I'd be a good mic worker and If I couldn't wrestle I reckon I'd be a decent manager.
>>
>>2846914
Back bumps can suck. Rolling bumps are much easier and don't hurt at all when done properly. Once youve got some adrenaline flowing everything hurts less anyway.
>>
>>2845910
>>2845921
looks like a cool venue, got character
>>
>>2846958
>Back bumps can suck
Agreed, although I find you can kill your momentum mid-air and hit the mat while angled upward to cushion your fall. This only works when doing a big bump though - I haven't figured out how to reduce impact from front flipping off the turnbuckle.
Although I'm still green I see a lot of newbies swing themselves backwards instead of flattening out in the air and I've seen some hurt themselves by trying to swing themselves harder for the bigger bumps instead of actually jumping and flattening out.

>Once youve got some adrenaline flowing everything hurts less anyway.
Also this. During my first match ever during a show I took a couple bumps I never took before like the back body drop and I never felt a thing. I also managed to cut my eyelid when I yanked too hard on a prop and never realized it until I got backstage.
>>
>>2846043
What's the most painful move you've taken?
>>
I would love to be a wrestler and build up a reputation as a reliable technician so I can go around the world doing work for independent promotions. I'd also be willing to play the heel role and come up with new ways to generate heat, like Jericho did when he was at WCW. However my hearing is shit and I wouldn't be able to do much communication at all.
>>
>>2846043
How strong is the average indy wrestler? i see a lot of dudes that look like they go to planet fitness on pizza day. Bretty sure I could make a good run until my shoulder gives out
>>
>>2844052
Who's that semen demon
>>
>>2845450
if you could do it as a part time job why not try it out for a few months for the lulz
>>2846074
their are not schools on every corner so their can charge whatever their want for kids following their dreams
>>
>>2846864
That's a really cool looking venue, if I ran an indy promotion I would rather put on shows in distinctive places like this than in poorly lit warehouses and bingo halls, desu.
>>
>>2846043
>big guy
>foreign heel
you might have a snowballs change of actually making the E as long as vince sticks around for a while
>>
>>2846864
Man, Ricochet could have just phoned this one in and collected that paycheck, but he put it all out there in the line and made that kid look like a million bucks, motherfucker really loves to wrestle.

Kid also held up his end as best he could, good stuff, Spain.
>>
>>2846907
I'm still green, so basically just beer and gas money.
Some other guys are paid better, but the ones that make enough to live off of travel between promotions.
Women get paid a little better, but there's a higher demand for them and smaller promotions will end up booking wrestlers from elsewhere so naturally they'll get paid more than the locals.

>>2847422
It varies a lot because you can see a lot of different body types. In my autographed chops I've had guys who don't even leave a mark and I've had a guy who made me bleed with a single shot.
A lot of the guys have day jobs in construction and other physically demanding jobs like in forestry or moving so naturally they're the strongest among us.

>>2847229
A botched Sitdown Elevated Double Chickenwing Facebuster where the guy never spread his legs and ended up spiking my nuts on his foot. It was very, very funny though.
Some moves like the powerbomb hurt more than others, but for greens the thing that hurts the most is not properly expelling your air before you hit the canvas. I've seen other greens sit out the rest of practice because they've taken a basic powerslam or suplex wrong. So far it's only happened to me once when the guy I was practicing with kept me in the air for longer than he should have while executing a sidewalk slam and I got caught between breaths since I had no idea
when he was going to drop me.
>>
>>2846912
20 is still really young, anon, it's worth giving it a shot.
>>
I'd love to become a wrestler but now I have an easily traceable connection to anti-semitic posts online. Oy vey.
>>
>>2846864

MAN YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. That kid is only 19 if I recall correctly, I really do think he has what it takes.
>>
>>2847488

The place is actually an old tobacco factory long since expropiated for cultural use, it's now extremely emblematic.
>>
>>2845921
His feet are literally sinking into that bouncy castle ring mat.
>>
>>2843969
>has considered wrestling?

Yeah

talked myself out of if since nothing reputable was in distance of my university.
>>
File: 20170708_080648.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20170708_080648.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>>2848267
I'm looking at years of conditioning just to turn this body around. Years of training on top of that. The smark in me would insist on a decent indie run too. Assuming everything went perfect, I wouldn't be trying out for WWE until my early thirties, and then I'd have to earn respect by paying dues at the company for a couple years to. I'm thinking late thirties before I have any kind of an established career on television. Then when I'm 45 and about to be given a pity run in the midcard, people will expose me as Trooth Bombz and I'll get fired for all of the 4channy stuff I post here including insulting a few dead legends.

Doesn't seem worth it but I would get to fuck Summer Rae.
>>
>>2848975
Get a haircut.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.